PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather live in a Democracy, or a Republic?

ronpaulhawaii
04-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Simple question...

newbitech
04-06-2009, 10:59 PM
the simple answer is a Republic, but you removed any simplicity by asking us to analyze imperfection. So, I see what you are doing here, I think!

One could argue that an imperfect democracy is a republic and an imperfect republic creates a democracy.

When we introduce purity into an argument of government we must first all agree on a standard. This would be the perfect democracy creating the perfect republic. If we are seeking perfection in government then we are also seeking perfection of men. I would argue that an imperfect democracy > imperfect republic. I think the mob has the capacity for compassion towards the individual whereas the aristocrats have proven time and again that compassion can be bundled in 30 second sound bites and sold at half time.

here is some pretty good reading material. I am scanning it now.

http://www.lexrex.com/enlightened/AmericanIdeal/index.html

hotbrownsauce
04-06-2009, 11:13 PM
The best government is one that Governs least.

GunnyFreedom
04-06-2009, 11:17 PM
I wanted to vote for both 2 & 3, but given only one choice I went with 2.

OptionsTrader
04-06-2009, 11:18 PM
A republic in which our representatives did so little, they could get all of their business done with 4 meetings a year, and work in their home state the rest of the time.

Conza88
04-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Can we get Monarchy added in there?

Hoppe's thesis ftw.

No delusions that we are not slaves with overlords. Then maybe we'll rise up instead of the bullshit notion thrown at us; "He anyone can be president.... Like Obama!"

*COUGH*

After you've been groomed by the global elite, CFR, Trilateral Commission and Bilderbergers.