PDA

View Full Version : HR 1866 - "Industrial Hemp Farming Act"

Knightskye
04-06-2009, 10:12 PM
I like the bill number. 1866 is a year after the Civil War ended, and this bill is about states rights.

:D

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=15236

Lucille
04-07-2009, 07:45 AM
bump

Knightskye
04-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Any people on here live in rural states?

Kotin
04-07-2009, 11:09 AM
if this bill passes, you can call me Ben Franklin.

Knightskye
04-07-2009, 11:14 AM
if this bill passes, you can call me Ben Franklin.

Why does that make sense?

Pennsylvania
08-13-2009, 08:13 AM
Bump. This is too important of a battle to keep losing.

Aratus
08-13-2009, 09:24 AM
count me in! this is a logical cause! industrial hemp is not a "recreational" substance,
and obviously has nowhere near the potency of the illegally sold banned substance...

amga49
08-13-2009, 12:56 PM
12 cosponsors! & referred to committee!
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-1866

Contact your rep!

Austin
08-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Maybe Indiana could start growing some hemp instead of all this corn. :D

Knightskye
08-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Maybe Indiana could start growing some hemp instead of all this corn. :D

Or make banners made of hemp that say, "Ethanol sucks!"

amga49
08-13-2009, 07:02 PM
What is the argument for hemp being illegal?

Pennsylvania
08-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Everyone please feel free to copy and/or modify the following letter I wrote to my congressman encouraging him to support this important bill. Hopefully, we can get more support this way!

"Hemp is of first necessity to the wealth & protection of the country." -Thomas Jefferson

Congressman ********,

I am writing to urge you to co-sponsor and/or support H.R. 1866, the Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2009. As you are no doubt aware, the bill seeks to amend the Controlled Substances Act such that industrial hemp (i.e. any such crop containing equal to or less than 0.3%THC) is excluded from the definition which currently includes marijuana. It would also, in accordance with the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, return authority to the States as the final arbiters in decisions as to whether a given crop meets the 0.3% limitation. Now, while it must be emphasized that no governing body, neither federal nor state, has the right to impose such draconian legislation as the original Controlled Substances Act on its people, and this bill does not completely repeal this legislation in its entirety, it must also be admitted that this bill would be a significant step forward for our society. (Or backward, considering hemp's crucial role in early American history. Indeed, our own Declaration of Independence owes its existence to industrial hemp.) But let us examine the potential modern applications of industrial hemp:

Hemp as Paper

The quality of hemp paper is undoubtedly better than what the current market can offer, having the potential to endure for centuries without experiencing degradation. While trees currently harvested for wood-pulp take years to come to maturity, hemp is able to speed to maturation in approximately 120 days, with the added bonus of preventing soil erosion as a consequence of decreased logging. Furthermore, it can be recycled many more times than wood-pulp based paper, and requires fewer toxic chemicals during manufacture than wood-pulp based paper. If we are genuinely concerned about environmental well-being, it seems abundantly clear that hemp provides at least one solution for achieving it.

Hemp as Biofuel

Observe, we have yet another "green" application for industrial hemp. Industrial hemp's biomass yield surpasses that of any other plant species, including corn. Just as conveniently, it is also an extremely hardy plant which thrives in just about all of the United States (northern Alaska excluded). With hemp's potential to be converted into ethanol or non-toxic diesel fuel combined with Americans' determination to reduce dependence on fossil fuels, how can we honestly afford not to at least give hemp a chance? Obviously we cannot.

Hemp as Food

Hemp has the potential to provide many of the products that can also be made from soy right now, including tofu, veggie burgers, butter, cheese, salad oils, ice cream, and milk, but its flour can also be used to create breads and pastas. Incidentally, it is also more nutritious than soy, in that it contains higher-quality protein. In addition, the hemp seed is comprised of 35% hemp oil, containing the correct proportions of essential fatty acids required by humans. In fact, those essential fatty acids make up about 80% of the seed's oil, with the current market champion, Flax seed oil, coming in at second with 72%.

In addition to the uses of industrial hemp addressed above, it also has the potential to provide us with medicine, detergents, paints, ink, and building materials. Mr. ********, how long will we continue to wage war against helpful natural resources? Wouldn't our resources be more wisely invested by improving education, health care, infrastructure, and reducing our debt than criminalizing people who grow plants? Mr. ********, again I urge you to support progress and freedom by supporting H.R. 1866.

Sincerely,

itshappening
08-13-2009, 07:17 PM
bump

orafi
08-13-2009, 08:02 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that I will be farming this shit when it becomes legal.

Pennsylvania
08-13-2009, 08:23 PM
12 cosponsors! & referred to committee!

The Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.

WTF

jsu718
08-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Or make banners made of hemp that say, "Ethanol sucks!"

Ethanol doesn't suck, but if it is made from hemp then it is at least cost efficient to make it.

Pennsylvania
08-14-2009, 10:48 AM
bump

Pennsylvania
08-18-2009, 09:37 AM
bump

Everyone please feel free to copy and/or modify the following letter I wrote to my congressman encouraging him to support this important bill. Hopefully, we can get more support this way!

"Hemp is of first necessity to the wealth & protection of the country." -Thomas Jefferson

Congressman ********,

I am writing to urge you to co-sponsor and/or support H.R. 1866, the Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2009. As you are no doubt aware, the bill seeks to amend the Controlled Substances Act such that industrial hemp (i.e. any such crop containing equal to or less than 0.3%THC) is excluded from the definition which currently includes marijuana. It would also, in accordance with the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, return authority to the States as the final arbiters in decisions as to whether a given crop meets the 0.3% limitation. Now, while it must be emphasized that no governing body, neither federal nor state, has the right to impose such draconian legislation as the original Controlled Substances Act on its people, and this bill does not completely repeal this legislation in its entirety, it must also be admitted that this bill would be a significant step forward for our society. (Or backward, considering hemp's crucial role in early American history. Indeed, our own Declaration of Independence owes its existence to industrial hemp.) But let us examine the potential modern applications of industrial hemp:

Hemp as Paper

The quality of hemp paper is undoubtedly better than what the current market can offer, having the potential to endure for centuries without experiencing degradation. While trees currently harvested for wood-pulp take years to come to maturity, hemp is able to speed to maturation in approximately 120 days, with the added bonus of preventing soil erosion as a consequence of decreased logging. Furthermore, it can be recycled many more times than wood-pulp based paper, and requires fewer toxic chemicals during manufacture than wood-pulp based paper. If we are genuinely concerned about environmental well-being, it seems abundantly clear that hemp provides at least one solution for achieving it.

Hemp as Biofuel

Observe, we have yet another "green" application for industrial hemp. Industrial hemp's biomass yield surpasses that of any other plant species, including corn. Just as conveniently, it is also an extremely hardy plant which thrives in just about all of the United States (northern Alaska excluded). With hemp's potential to be converted into ethanol or non-toxic diesel fuel combined with Americans' determination to reduce dependence on fossil fuels, how can we honestly afford not to at least give hemp a chance? Obviously we cannot.

Hemp as Food

Hemp has the potential to provide many of the products that can also be made from soy right now, including tofu, veggie burgers, butter, cheese, salad oils, ice cream, and milk, but its flour can also be used to create breads and pastas. Incidentally, it is also more nutritious than soy, in that it contains higher-quality protein. In addition, the hemp seed is comprised of 35% hemp oil, containing the correct proportions of essential fatty acids required by humans. In fact, those essential fatty acids make up about 80% of the seed's oil, with the current market champion, Flax seed oil, coming in at second with 72%.

In addition to the uses of industrial hemp addressed above, it also has the potential to provide us with medicine, detergents, paints, ink, and building materials. Mr. ********, how long will we continue to wage war against helpful natural resources? Wouldn't our resources be more wisely invested by improving education, health care, infrastructure, and reducing our debt than criminalizing people who grow plants? Mr. ********, again I urge you to support progress and freedom by supporting H.R. 1866.

Sincerely,

Icymudpuppy
08-18-2009, 10:05 AM
"Make the most you can of the Indian Hemp seed and sow it everywhere." -President George Washington, 1794

Add this quote too.

Working Poor
08-18-2009, 10:12 AM

It is illegal because Dupont and WR Hearst wanted to kill the competition in the fiber industry.

Icymudpuppy
08-18-2009, 10:17 AM
Don't forget the Timber Industry, and the Oil industry.

Pennsylvania
08-23-2009, 10:58 AM
bump, write your reps!

TCE
08-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Bump. Keep sending! I C/P'd Penn's.

Pennsylvania
08-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Bump. Keep sending! I C/P'd Penn's.

Thats music to my ears! Thanks TCE!

TCE
08-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Thats music to my ears! Thanks TCE!

When I read this bill, I was excited because it is one area where Democrats tend to agree with Dr. Paul and Neo-Cons tend to disagree. It saddens me that we as a movement are not jumping on this chance to restore some freedom to farmers.

P.S. Thank you for saving me a lot of time coming up with an email. :D.

surf
08-24-2009, 11:50 AM
sent to my neocon rep. thanks for writing that.

edit: 3 R cosponsors....

coyote_sprit
08-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Don't forget the Timber Industry, and the Oil industry.

The soy industry also has some incentive in keeping hemp illegal.

TCE
08-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Hemp is so versatile that almost any farmer would like it banned (unless they're farming it) so that they can keep their monopoly.

Pennsylvania
08-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Hemp is so versatile that almost any farmer would like it banned (unless they're farming it) so that they can keep their monopoly.

Exactly, we are paying for the cost of the hemp war every time we buy paper products, cotton products, corn products, soy products, fuel, etc, just to keep people in business who could also stay in business by producing hemp. It is so aggravating!

mello
08-25-2009, 12:10 PM
I just read a story recently about a European company making hempcrete bricks which are 7 times
stronger than regular concrete bricks as well as being carbon negative which I guess is better than
carbon neutral.

TCE
08-25-2009, 12:25 PM
I just read a story recently about a European company making hempcrete bricks which are 7 times
stronger than regular concrete bricks as well as being carbon negative which I guess is better than
carbon neutral.

Do you have a link to the article? That sounds awesome.

dannno
08-25-2009, 12:39 PM
http://www.natural-environment.com/blog/tag/hempcrete/

Hempcrete is basically an eco-friendly alternative to concrete. Not only is hempcrete more environmentally friendly, but it is stronger than concrete, less prone to cracking, and about half the weight of concrete. Using hempcrete in buildings makes sense in more ways than one.

Pass this bill NOW!!

nelsonwinters
08-25-2009, 01:01 PM

The government will tell you it's because it's difficult to differentiate between hemp plants and marijuana plants and would therefore make it overly difficult to prevent marijuana farming and trafficking.

Therefore, I think this bill is also important because it would be a step towards towards marijuana legalization.

surf
08-25-2009, 02:50 PM
but if pot is legal black men will take advantage of stoned white women.... :(

GunnyFreedom
08-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Seriously....

Here in NC, in the course of my run for NC State House in 2010, one of the items I am proposing is an act to claim 10th Amendment powers over the right to grow industrial hemp.

The thing is, hemp grows in the identical conditions of tobacco, and as you may well imagine big tobacco is slowly going extinct in NC.

By transitioning to hemp, and all of the products that implies, then the NC Ag market will not be destroyed by the (mostly) demise of tobacco in the modern world.

If we could legalize hemp production in NC, I am 100% convinced this will take us from a negative-growth state GDP to a positive-growth state GDP within 3 years. Not to mention using Obama's upcoming green bubble to kick-start a hemp-based renewable fuels industry that could actually make NC very wealthy!

Flash
08-25-2009, 03:19 PM
but if pot is legal black men will take advantage of stoned white women.... :(

:O

People could already take advantage of each other through beer, easily.

surf
08-25-2009, 03:46 PM
:O

People could already take advantage of each other through beer, easily.

Historically this had always been a major argument for criminalization of drugs, whether it was "opium dens" and Chinese men w/white women or pot and African/American men w/white women - we must protect the ladies.

this has changed somewhat over the years and the great fear-card has moved from women to children. But it hasn't changed that much when it comes to racially based formulations of drug related penalties - see the crack cocaine vs cocaine sentancing disparities.

ps - i'm sure you know i was just joking;)

Flash
08-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Historically this had always been a major argument for criminalization of drugs, whether it was "opium dens" and Chinese men w/white women or pot and African/American men w/white women.

this has changed somewhat over the years and the great fear-card has moved from women to children. But it hasn't changed that much when it comes to racially based formulations of drug related penalties - see the crack cocaine vs cocaine sentancing disparities.

ps - i'm sure you know i was just joking;)

I know you were joking I just wanted to comment.

TCE
08-25-2009, 07:33 PM
How many have emailed/called their representatives?

Pennsylvania
08-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Here in NC, in the course of my run for NC State House in 2010, one of the items I am proposing is an act to claim 10th Amendment powers over the right to grow industrial hemp.

That's awesome Gunny! BTW, why does your sig say "Dont read on me?"

surf
08-26-2009, 10:17 AM
response from my representative:
Thank you for contacting me to share your views on the Industrial Hemp Farming Act. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue and welcome the opportunity to respond.

As you know, Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) introduced the Industrial Hemp Farming Act (H.R. 1866) on April 2, 2009. This bill would exclude industrial hemp from the definition of "marijuana," and grants states authority to license and regulate the commercial production of hemp as an industrial and agricultural commodity. H.R. 1866 was referred to the House Committees on Energy and Commerce and the Judiciary. Should this legislation reach the House floor for a vote, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to get in touch with me. Your interest and input are valued and I hope to hear from you in the future regarding other matters of importance. I encourage you to visit my website and sign up for my monthly e-newsletter at http://www.house.gov/reichert/ to learn more about other issues impacting the 8th Congressional District and our nation.

Sincerely,

David G. Reichert
Member of Congress

Pennsylvania
08-26-2009, 10:52 AM
I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

= nay vote. :(

Edit: Well look what we have here... I just checked this Reichert (http://www.opencongress.org/people/show/400660_Dave_Reichert) guy out on opencongress.org (which, btw, everyone should create an account there). The "least often votes with" section of his page shows none other than our very own Dr. Ron Paul.

GunnyFreedom
08-26-2009, 12:52 PM
That's awesome Gunny! BTW, why does your sig say "Dont read on me?"

LOL, that's because the flag wasn't exactly flat when I photographed it. you can actually see the "T" to the left of the "R," it's just a little horizontally compressed...

Working Poor
08-26-2009, 08:43 PM
This is something interesting I found on craigslist that is an event going on in my area

hemp fest (http://charlotte.craigslist.org/evg/1342345222.html)

TCE
08-27-2009, 10:04 AM
= nay vote. :(

Edit: Well look what we have here... I just checked this Reichert (http://www.opencongress.org/people/show/400660_Dave_Reichert) guy out on opencongress.org (which, btw, everyone should create an account there). The "least often votes with" section of his page shows none other than our very own Dr. Ron Paul.

Keep in mind that many of the responses about S. 604 and HR 1207 started out by saying that, but the representatives, after having countless letters/calls/emails/etc. sent to them about it, changed their votes. We've got to keep at it!

Pennsylvania
08-28-2009, 07:07 AM
Bump for more letters (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2264483&postcount=12)

TCE
08-28-2009, 09:01 PM
I plan to send one email per week to my Congressman. Unfortunately, he has responded to one out of my eleven emails...

jsu718
08-28-2009, 10:08 PM
I plan to send one email per week to my Congressman. Unfortunately, he has responded to one out of my eleven emails...

Excellent. Now send two a week.
Am I the only one that has seen Shawshank Redemption?

TCE
08-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Excellent. Now send two a week.
Am I the only one that has seen Shawshank Redemption?

I haven't. Fill me in?

jkr
08-29-2009, 08:54 AM
can we grow yet?

TCE
08-29-2009, 01:26 PM
can we grow yet?

In Maine you can, I don't know about any other state.

Pennsylvania
08-31-2009, 10:49 AM
Over a thousand views on this thread so far. Let's keep getting the word out folks!

Knightskye
08-31-2009, 01:03 PM
Over a thousand views on this thread so far. Let's keep getting the word out folks!

A thousand registered forum members. And I don't think the views are unique.

Put it on a sign and go to a 9/12 rally. :D

TCE
08-31-2009, 07:52 PM

All everyone has to do is email their representative. All of these money bombs get tons of support and are asking people for their money. All this thread is requesting is three or four minutes of time.

If we translate what we did on 1207 into this bill, it will go far better. Reason being, Liberals LIKE this bill. Barney Frank is a co-sponsor. It's something that Neo-Cons hate because they're tough on "drug users," but Liberals love.

Flash
08-31-2009, 07:52 PM
bump.

TCE
09-01-2009, 03:01 PM

There are a lot of lurkers, perhaps some of the views were theirs?

Pennsylvania
09-01-2009, 03:54 PM
The more views the better, even if it is only repeat/registered members. I'd love to see hemp legalization become one of the chief grassroots efforts within the freedom living sphere.

jsu718
09-01-2009, 05:34 PM
I haven't. Fill me in?

While in prison Andy sends mail to the "powers that be" every week to get funds to build a prison library. Once they FINALLY agree after several years to send some money to try and get him to shut up, he starts sending two a week.

TCE
09-01-2009, 05:42 PM
While in prison Andy sends mail to the "powers that be" every week to get funds to build a prison library. Once they FINALLY agree after several years to send some money to try and get him to shut up, he starts sending two a week.

I may be showing a lack of intelligence here, but that one may have very well gone over my head.

jsu718
09-01-2009, 11:22 PM
I may be showing a lack of intelligence here, but that one may have very well gone over my head.

He responded to one... you have to up the game until he responds to another... then up it yet again until he starts actually listening. :)

GunnyFreedom
09-01-2009, 11:30 PM
On Monday, I went to a Town Hall meeting where I approached my State Senator, Doug Berger (D), about my North Carolina Health Care Freedom Act. (sketchup posted below) What I am bringing him, in the midst of these Democrat-heavy ObamaCare Town Hall meetings, is a Conservative plan which costs a fraction of the Democrats plan, but actually provides universal coverage.

After reading the first line of what I had handed him (posted below word for word) his first comment was, "Well that's fine Mr. Bradley except I heard you want to legalize drugs."

I told him we were talking about health care, and where did this nonsense about drugs come from? He spoke of having found my statement online supporting legalizing industrial hemp production, "and isn't hemp related to marijuana? why can't you just be honest about your position? You want to legalize crack and cocaine so everybody can get it don't you"

I told him I'd be glad to discuss my position on the war on drugs in a more relevant setting, and that the Industrial Hemp Act would save our tobacco farmers and provide hundreds if not thousands of green jobs to North Carolina, that hemp was not a drug, and that unlike corn oil, hemp oil actually works as a biofuel.

He then accused me of trying to steal everybody's money and give it to the HMO's, whereupon I pointed out that restricting HSA debits to doctors only would cut out the HMO's; and he went back to trying to paint me as a crazed druggie legalizer again. He said, "aren't all you Ron Paul people like that, you libertarians?"

I said, "Sir, I am a Constitutionalist."

I actually buried the Senator in the exchange, but only like 4 or 6 people actually saw it. Most of whom were union activists.

I decided not to stick around, and on the way out ran into Representative Lucy Allen, who i am running against. Turns out she has been researching me also, except that conversation was far more cordial. I am guessing Berger tried to goad me into distraction to help his compatriot in the House. Instead he made himself look foolish, and when I ran into Representative Allen, I was far more on my guard than I would have been otherwise.

The whole thing was a net plus. But I found it fascinating that Senator Berger was trying to conflate my support for the Industrial Hemp Farming Act as being equivalent to wanting to legalize crack cocaine and crystal meth for children and infants lol.

Now I wish I was running against Berger instead of Allen -- Berger would be simple to obliterate in direct debate. ;)

North Carolina Health Care Freedom Act:

1) Will make it a violation of State Law for a government employed bureaucrat to suggest health care decisions.

2) Will allow citizens to purchase insurance from out of state

3) Will allow citizens to come together in voluntary organizations and purchase insurance with group negotiation powers.

4) Establishes and seeds a tax-sheltered Health Savings Account with $500 that is repaid over 5 years.

5) Mandates that only a licensed medical practice has the power to debit from a HSA.

6) Authorizes the HSA to mature to cash in 10 years, encouraging savings.

7) Creates a voluntary withholding line item for all NC Citizens to a fund for free clinics to recoup treatment expenses.

Contact me:

http://bit.ly/GoGlen

Pennsylvania
09-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Well done, and good to know they're reading this forum, but it sounds like Mr. Berger still has some reading ahead of him.

Feenix566
09-02-2009, 08:15 AM
Sounds like Berger was trying to catch you off guard and put words in your mouth, and make you come across as a radical.

We need to learn the political tricks and throw them back at them. Do some research on Berger and see what special interest groups he takes money from, and ask him why he wants to steal from the rest of his constituents.

dantheman
09-02-2009, 08:17 AM
A whole new industry could be opened up to us, just when our economy is in the toilet. Logical, educated adults could see that this is a perfect bill to allow the American more freedom and open up the markets to new jobs. But we're talking about OUR government. Logic has nothing to do with it...

TCE
09-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Well, we still have hemp in this country. Look at all of the hemp clothing products and hemp in the food supply. If it was truly marijuana, why is it legal if it comes from another country but illegal for our farmers to grow it? Apparently politicians love allowing us to give money to Canada for hemp that we could be growing.

JSU: Thanks, and I am doing that now.

speciallyblend
09-02-2009, 04:38 PM
On Monday, I went to a Town Hall meeting where I approached my State Senator, Doug Berger (D), about my North Carolina Health Care Freedom Act. (sketchup posted below) What I am bringing him, in the midst of these Democrat-heavy ObamaCare Town Hall meetings, is a Conservative plan which costs a fraction of the Democrats plan, but actually provides universal coverage.

After reading the first line of what I had handed him (posted below word for word) his first comment was, "Well that's fine Mr. Bradley except I heard you want to legalize drugs."

I told him we were talking about health care, and where did this nonsense about drugs come from? He spoke of having found my statement online supporting legalizing industrial hemp production, "and isn't hemp related to marijuana? why can't you just be honest about your position? You want to legalize crack and cocaine so everybody can get it don't you"

I told him I'd be glad to discuss my position on the war on drugs in a more relevant setting, and that the Industrial Hemp Act would save our tobacco farmers and provide hundreds if not thousands of green jobs to North Carolina, that hemp was not a drug, and that unlike corn oil, hemp oil actually works as a biofuel.

He then accused me of trying to steal everybody's money and give it to the HMO's, whereupon I pointed out that restricting HSA debits to doctors only would cut out the HMO's; and he went back to trying to paint me as a crazed druggie legalizer again. He said, "aren't all you Ron Paul people like that, you libertarians?"

I said, "Sir, I am a Constitutionalist."

I actually buried the Senator in the exchange, but only like 4 or 6 people actually saw it. Most of whom were union activists.

I decided not to stick around, and on the way out ran into Representative Lucy Allen, who i am running against. Turns out she has been researching me also, except that conversation was far more cordial. I am guessing Berger tried to goad me into distraction to help his compatriot in the House. Instead he made himself look foolish, and when I ran into Representative Allen, I was far more on my guard than I would have been otherwise.

The whole thing was a net plus. But I found it fascinating that Senator Berger was trying to conflate my support for the Industrial Hemp Farming Act as being equivalent to wanting to legalize crack cocaine and crystal meth for children and infants lol.

Now I wish I was running against Berger instead of Allen -- Berger would be simple to obliterate in direct debate. ;)

North Carolina Health Care Freedom Act:

1) Will make it a violation of State Law for a government employed bureaucrat to suggest health care decisions.

2) Will allow citizens to purchase insurance from out of state

3) Will allow citizens to come together in voluntary organizations and purchase insurance with group negotiation powers.

4) Establishes and seeds a tax-sheltered Health Savings Account with $500 that is repaid over 5 years.

5) Mandates that only a licensed medical practice has the power to debit from a HSA.

6) Authorizes the HSA to mature to cash in 10 years, encouraging savings.

7) Creates a voluntary withholding line item for all NC Citizens to a fund for free clinics to recoup treatment expenses.

Contact me:

http://bit.ly/GoGlen

you should force him to smoke a hemp plant ,but make sure he has some advil:) this guy should be impeached for being stupid!!

GunnyFreedom
09-02-2009, 04:51 PM
you should force him to smoke a hemp plant ,but make sure he has some advil:) this guy should be impeached for being stupid!!

He is a little bit stupid, but I think the smearjob was quite calculated. Trying to goad me into losing my cool in public, and to distract me from focusing on my actual opponent Lucy T Allen. I am guessing he knows that hemp is not a drug, but was trying to provoke me into doing something stupid. Unlike the other times we met, while he was doing his bizarre "hemp=crack cocaine" thing he couldn't even look me in the eyes.

GunnyFreedom
09-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Sounds like Berger was trying to catch you off guard and put words in your mouth, and make you come across as a radical.

We need to learn the political tricks and throw them back at them. Do some research on Berger and see what special interest groups he takes money from, and ask him why he wants to steal from the rest of his constituents.

Right, that's pretty much what I figured after it was all said and done. He was hoping to piss me off badly enough to blow up in public, and he had photographers and media staged around the back of the room...I am guessing...hoping to catch me making a fool out of myself. LOL -- it didn't work. ;)

That's good advice, do some research to find out where my opponent - Lucy Allen - has radical tendencies, and hold them in reserve in case she tries to smear me like Berger did.

But as you can see, if his effort was to distract me from focusing on Lucy Allen, and to start focusing on HIM (which does nothing for me whatsoever) he failed. Although he is very good at playing these dirty games, you see, even you feel this 'urge' to make him the target instead of Ms Allen. I know, I felt it too. But I think that's what he was trying to do... if I focus on him, then it's irrelevant -- Lucy Allen wins and I'm not running against him so my attacks do not matter. But If i refuse to allow him to goad me, and I maintain my focus on Lucy Allem, then he loses and I win. :D

TCE
09-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Right, that's pretty much what I figured after it was all said and done. He was hoping to piss me off badly enough to blow up in public, and he had photographers and media staged around the back of the room...I am guessing...hoping to catch me making a fool out of myself. LOL -- it didn't work. ;)

That's good advice, do some research to find out where my opponent - Lucy Allen - has radical tendencies, and hold them in reserve in case she tries to smear me like Berger did.

But as you can see, if his effort was to distract me from focusing on Lucy Allen, and to start focusing on HIM (which does nothing for me whatsoever) he failed. Although he is very good at playing these dirty games, you see, even you feel this 'urge' to make him the target instead of Ms Allen. I know, I felt it too. But I think that's what he was trying to do... if I focus on him, then it's irrelevant -- Lucy Allen wins and I'm not running against him so my attacks do not matter. But If i refuse to allow him to goad me, and I maintain my focus on Lucy Allem, then he loses and I win. :D

Logic: 1 Socialists: 0.

SB: Everyone can try smoking all of the industrial hemp plants they want until a day before Obamacare goes into effect, then I pay for it so everybody better cut the crap.

TCE
09-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Dear Mr. ##########:

Thank you for your recent communication regarding the status of Industrial hemp. I appreciate hearing from you.

Under the Controlled Substances Act of 1970, Congress defined marijuana as those parts of the cannabis plant that are the source of tetrahydrocannabinols (THC). THC is the hallucinogenic substance in marijuana that causes the psychoactive effect or "high." The marijuana portions of the cannabis plant include the flowering tops (buds), the leaves, and the resin of the cannabis plant. The remainder of the plant, stalks and sterilized seeds, is what some people call "hemp."

In April 2003, the DEA finalized a new rule to clarify the legal status of hemp products. The new rule, published in the Federal Register, explained the circumstances under which hemp products are subject to control under federal law. If the product causes THC to enter the human body, it is an illegal substance that may not be manufactured, sold, or consumed in the United States. Such products include hemp foods and beverages that contain THC.

If, however, the product does not cause THC to enter the human body, it is a non-controlled substance, which will remain lawful in the United States. Included in the category of lawful hemp products are textiles, such as clothing made from fiber produced from cannabis plant stalks. Also in the lawful category are personal care products that contain oil from sterilized cannabis seeds, such as soaps, lotions, and shampoos.

I support the intent of the rule made by former DEA Administrator Asa Hutchinson because the production of hemp necessitates the production of marijuana. However, this ruling offers a fair balance by still allowing controlled production of some hemp products, such as textiles and clothing, while keeping the production of marijuana low.

On February 13, 2007, Representative Ron Paul (R-TX) introduced H.R. 1009, The Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2007. This legislation would allow for greater commercial cultivation of industrial hemp in the United States by amending the Controlled Substances Act to specify that the term "marijuana" does not include industrial hemp. Subsequently, state law would determine whether producers could grow and process industrial hemp within state borders, under state regulations. H.R. 1009 was referred to the Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security on April 20, 2007, where it awaits further consideration. Rest assured, I will continue to monitor the status of this legislation with your thoughts in mind.

Thank you for contacting me regarding this important issue. Please feel free to contact me again should any other issues of importance to you come before the Congress.

My comment:

I am extremely concerned that not only does his office believe we're still in 2007, but his "facts" are pretty shoddy. Oh well, I never expected him to co-sponsor. He is a "hard on drugs" Neo-Con.

speciallyblend
09-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Logic: 1 Socialists: 0.

SB: Everyone can try smoking all of the industrial hemp plants they want until a day before Obamacare goes into effect, then I pay for it so everybody better cut the crap.

the point went right over your head ,are you high?? it was a joke!

the point was you cannot get high on hemp plants unless you can toke the whole plant in one inhale. got an advil??

TCE
09-07-2009, 04:07 PM
the point went right over your head ,are you high?? it was a joke!

the point was you cannot get high on hemp plants unless you can toke the whole plant in one inhale. got an advil??

As was my post.

speciallyblend
09-07-2009, 07:37 PM
As was my post.

maybe i need to toke:) taking things to serious myself:)

Aratus
09-08-2009, 09:19 AM
hemp... is hemp! a legit cash crop!

TCE
09-08-2009, 01:04 PM
maybe i need to toke:) taking things to serious myself:)

I re-read your most recent post and I lol'd.

Pennsylvania
09-15-2009, 01:24 PM
this++;

Pennsylvania
09-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Well, my congressman has stated that he will not be supporting the bill. I would hope that everyone who hasn't sent a letter in will please consider it.

TCE
09-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Well, my congressman has stated that he will not be supporting the bill. I would hope that everyone who hasn't sent a letter in will please consider it.

Post the response?

Pennsylvania
10-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Saw this vid in the margin of the rochester police thread, it's about farmers planting hemp at DEA headquarters:

http://eclipptv.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=7845

Pennsylvania
10-18-2009, 03:48 PM
keepin it bumped

Pennsylvania
11-04-2009, 08:45 AM
bump

Rancher
11-09-2010, 11:08 AM
I like the bill number. 1866 is a year after the Civil War ended, and this bill is about states rights.

:D

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=15236

Statement of Congressman Ron Paul
United States House of Representatives
Statement Introducing HR 1866, Industrial Hemp Farming Act
April 2, 2009

Madam Speaker, I rise to introduce the Industrial Hemp Farming Act. The Industrial Hemp Farming Act requires the federal government to respect state laws allowing the growing of industrial hemp.

Does this legislation still have any legs?

Knightskye
11-11-2010, 03:54 PM
How does John Boehner feel about hemp? He'll be in charge of bringing bills to the floor for a vote.

TCE
11-11-2010, 07:57 PM
How does John Boehner feel about hemp? He'll be in charge of bringing bills to the floor for a vote.

I doubt he does, since he's a Neo Con. We're probably going to have to take it back to the state level now.