PDA

View Full Version : The Battle for New Jersey is on!

TaylnStorm
04-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Today Mayor Steve Lonegan filed his petition and will be on the ballot for the Republican Primary for Governor of New Jersey. Anyone out there that can help with the grassroots effort, the time is now! Steve has about $2 million in the bank and is going against a big government (establishment) Republican who was the former U.S. Attorney in the state (appointed by Bush in 2000). If liberty has a win in NJ this year, it will be the shot that is heard around the country and will send shockwaves through the GOP. It is a very winnable race!!

Here is a speech that Steve gave at CPAC in February:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TgeLbCJ5dY

www.lonegan.com

Any questions post or pm me!

HOLLYWOOD
04-06-2009, 06:57 PM
I caught that speech... Steve Lonegan did a fine job!

Bump!

Say hi to Woodbridge (grewup there)

Knightskye
04-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Dude's got my vote. :cool:

frasu
04-07-2009, 01:50 AM
great speech... NJ needs some waking up, but unions and especially NJEA will work hard in general election against something like this:

Lonegan pledged to reduce the state budget to less than $27 billion (it is currently $31.6 billion) during his first year in office. He also said he would push for a constitutional amendment to overturn the state Supreme Court rulings requiring state government to pay for billions in aid for the poorest school districts, thereby creating an additional savings.

or

In addition to family leave, Lonegan criticized project labor agreements, binding arbitration, job site "card checks" and the minimum $500 tax on entities organized as "S corporations."

And there is this:

Lonegan, the former mayor of Bogota in Bergen County, proposed eliminating New Jersey's existing income tax system in favor of a flat tax that would raise the charge for lower wage earners while reducing taxes for wealthier residents. The idea, Lonegan said, is to make the state affordable and attractive to business and upper-income earners so they stay put or return to New Jersey.

frasu
04-07-2009, 10:43 AM
bump to get more thought

TaylnStorm
04-08-2009, 11:04 AM
The grassroots is trying to plan a moneybomb. We are working on a video and website.

www.2ndbattleoftrenton.com

Nirvikalpa
04-08-2009, 02:30 PM
ALRIIIIGHT... just got my 'NJ Republican News' newspaper...

Supports a 'PA-style right-to-carry law'...

Got my vote :D

homah
04-08-2009, 03:58 PM
I recently saw a documentary about the 2003 mayoral race in his town. It was called Anytown, USA. Check it out if you have a chance.

Carole
04-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Today Mayor Steve Lonegan filed his petition and will be on the ballot for the Republican Primary for Governor of New Jersey. Anyone out there that can help with the grassroots effort, the time is now! Steve has about $2 million in the bank and is going against a big government (establishment) Republican who was the former U.S. Attorney in the state (appointed by Bush in 2000). If liberty has a win in NJ this year, it will be the shot that is heard around the country and will send shockwaves through the GOP. It is a very winnable race!!

Here is a speech that Steve gave at CPAC in February:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TgeLbCJ5dY

www.lonegan.com

Any questions post or pm me!

Wow! Very impressive speech. He sounds like the real deal. I hope he lives up to his promise and promises. :)

TaylnStorm
04-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Every time I've heard him speak he mentions the Constitution and the assault on freedom and liberty. He's known as a firebrand in the state so he has an uphill climb. A moneybomb and grassroots turnout will put him over the top! Stand by!

Feenix566
04-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Mayor Lonegan should focus more on his pro-school-choice stance to win over voters in disadvantaged school districts.

jt8025
04-09-2009, 09:17 AM
When is the election?

frasu
04-09-2009, 09:28 AM
If you need to switch republican, you only have until Monday, April 13

The primaries are on June 2 I belive, and gubernatorial election on November 3rd

NoMoreApathy
04-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Will be doing some canvassing this weekend for Lonegan, I'm loving this guy more and more each day!

I can't believe there's still a chance to save our state! I'm looking to buy a house in about a year and I refuse to buy property in NJ with things where they are right now. If this guy could actually pull out a win I will stay in my beloved home state, otherwise I'm out of here. I can't stand the sight of Jon Corzine any longer, and Christie will not be able to beat Corzine. Lonegan CAN beat him though, it would be like if Paul was up against Obama. Where McCain couldn't beat Obama, it was obvious that Paul could have.

It's so important to win this primary, I'm politically excited again, it's been a little while!

GBurr
04-09-2009, 06:25 PM
He has got a long way to go. NJ is full of Sheeple.

Valli6
04-14-2009, 03:25 PM
STEVE LONEGAN will be speaking at Rutgers University at 9:30 PM
Hosted by YAL - Rutgers Chapter
Milledoler Hall - Room 100
520 George Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
April 15, 2009

speciallyblend
04-14-2009, 03:29 PM

Bump!

home of octopus gardens:)

kathy88
04-14-2009, 03:54 PM

Bump!

Grew up in Middletown!