PDA

View Full Version : Tax Day Tea Parties

N.cognito1776
04-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Please, please, please try to make it to one or all of these events on April 15th.

From 12pm on at the North Little Rock mail facility on McCain. Meeting back at 5pm for the big event!

At 3pm at the State Capitol

And at 2pm at the Little Rock City Hall

I personally will be at the State Capitol and then be heading over to the mail facility, if there are enough people at both events.

I'm not brave enough to stand around by myself, simply because of my knowledge of how much "they" are watching us.

Original_Intent
04-06-2009, 05:50 PM
As events to educate people, I think the Tea Parties are a great idea.
But TPTB really are not going to give a crap. <IMHO> I jsut got thru reading a letter to the editor on WorldNetDaily to this effect and I agree.

Also, I have been readin The Law again today, and it is just clear to me that the government will not back down.

This, from The Law;

"Now since man is naturally inclined to avoid pain -- and since labor is pain in itself -- it follows that men will resort to plunder whenever plunder is easier than work. History shows this quite clearly. And under these conditions, neither religion nor morality can stop it.

When, then, does plunder stop? It stops when it becomes more painful and more dangerous than labor."

I am not advocating anything. I have no clue what we should do. But it is clear to me that these Tea Parties, while they may attract some people to our cause, as a form of protest are meaningless.

I also encourage anyone to read The Law. It really cuts thru the B.S.

http://www.constitution.org/law/bastiat.htm

P.S. edit - I am not saying don't do the Tea parties. Just don't delude yoyurself that you are doing any good other than to educate or attract people to the cause.