PDA

View Full Version : Canceling my visit to St. Louis

Mani
04-06-2009, 04:13 PM
We plan a road trip every year to see the GB Packers play an away game, this year St. Louis was one of the cities we were considering.

I've definitely decided that's NOT going to happen. And I thought I would let the mayor of St. Louis know. I don't know if he gives a crap, but I wanted to let him know, that's not a place I intend on visiting anymore.

If you want to send him a note:
http://stlcin.missouri.org/index/contactelect.cfm?ID=1

Here's my little note to the mayor:
Dear Mayor Slay,

A group of us plan Green Bay Packer road trips every year. About 10-30 of us every year get together and find a new city to visit and watch a Packer game. I was planning either a group road trip, or just a small family road trip to see the Packers play the Rams this fall.

After reading about the MIAC report, I was very active with Ron Paul's Republican campaign and still have Ron Paul bumper stickers on my luggage, I was a bit concerned. But now after hearing about a man who was detained at the airport for having "too much cash" after coming from a C4L conference, I have no desire to visit your city.

I have too many things to fit your city's profile. I'm an Ron Paul supporter, I'm a constitutionalist, I prefer to carry cash, and I have tan skin and a beard so I'm often confused with a middle eastern appearance.

I seem to have too many red flags to visit your city and I don't wish to run the risk of being profiled or detained when all I want to do is watch a football game.

I just want you to know there are other people who are giving second thoughts about visiting your city.

Regards,

Mani

speciallyblend
04-06-2009, 04:24 PM
i do not blame you, hell as far as i am concerned our country starts at denver colorado going west:) add in some of nebraska and dakotas and the blackhills;)

sorry florida:) if they had an app on itouch ipod, i would erase missouri;)

newbitech
04-06-2009, 04:48 PM
i do not blame you, hell as far as i am concerned our country starts at denver colorado going west:) add in some of nebraska and dakotas and the blackhills;)

there are "pockets" here. lol

speciallyblend
04-06-2009, 04:54 PM
there are "pockets" here. lol

haha i hear you, :) i know there are good folks out east,so move west:) hehe

mediahasyou
04-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Great letter. Greater team. ;)

ronpaulhawaii
04-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Yep, great letter.

Matt Collins
04-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Make sure you send it to the mayors office, all city council members, local chamber of commerce, local ACLU, and also to all local media outlets.

Bman
04-06-2009, 06:34 PM

What you talking about Willis!?!

We had a much better showing for Ron Paul here in Pennsylvania than you guys could muster over in Colorado.

HOLLYWOOD
04-06-2009, 06:36 PM
A data point that always a hit with the Politicians is... the $1000's or $10,000's of dollars you and your group spends each year visiting. Especially in these dire times of government thrist for revenue... telling the city you are taking $10's of thousands out of their local economy, will make them think twice.

Remember... government LOVES MONEY ;)

speciallyblend
04-06-2009, 10:25 PM
What you talking about Willis!?!

We had a much better showing for Ron Paul here in Pennsylvania than you guys could muster over in Colorado.

i wasn't talking ron paul votes. i am talking overall beauty and state rights issues:)

we here in the mtns already have a pretty good ron paul oriented democratic party in power in our county,a lil more work of course.

The lifestyle here in colorado mtns beats pa and va and most eastern states anyday:) i am originally from the communistwealth of virginia:)

i kinda like what colorado/montana/dakotas/nevada/nmexico are upto.

i am from the east coast and have been in most of the states. i wouldn't move back east even if someone offered good money...

Colorado ROCKS, eventually freedom minded folks will flock west. if not no worries they can stay out east:)

nothing wrong visiting pa:) but until you get 7 ski resorts like a-basin/keystone/breck/copper mtn, vail/beaver creek/loveland... then pa doesn't come close;)

i perfer summers with 70-80 degrees over the east coast roasters:)

Bman
04-06-2009, 10:32 PM
i wasn't talking ron paul votes. i am talking overall beauty and state rights issues:)

we here in the mtns already have a pretty good ron paul oriented democratic party in power in our county,a lil more work of course.

The lifestyle here in colorado mtns beats pa and va and most eastern states anyday:) i am originally from the communistwealth of virginia:)

i kinda like what colorado/montana/dakotas/nevada/nmexico are upto.

i am from the east coast and have been in most of the states. i wouldn't move back east even if someone offered good money...

Colorado ROCKS, eventually freedom minded folks will flock west. if not no worries they can stay out east:)

nothing wrong visiting pa:) but until you get 7 ski resorts like a-basin/keystone/breck/copper mtn, vail/beaver creek/loveland... then pa doesn't come close;)

i perfer summers with 70-80 degrees over the east coast roasters:)

PA skiing so rocks!
http://www.skibluemt.com/SkiBlue/the-mountain/index.aspx

All the ICE you can handle. I misunderstood you. Central PA is pretty good for the most part. It's just the cities are horrid places with too much pavement adn regulation. Me and the wife have talked about moving, just not really anxious to go job hunting atm.

speciallyblend
04-07-2009, 05:49 AM
PA skiing so rocks!
http://www.skibluemt.com/SkiBlue/the-mountain/index.aspx

All the ICE you can handle. I misunderstood you. Central PA is pretty good for the most part. It's just the cities are horrid places with too much pavement adn regulation. Me and the wife have talked about moving, just not really anxious to go job hunting atm.

i hear you;) i use to work at snowshoe wv. you know it is ice when you can comb your hair in the blue ice:) haha

ronpaulhawaii
04-07-2009, 02:12 PM
My note to the Mayor

To: Mayor Francis G. Slay

Subject: The vilification of Missouri

Comment:
I just found out a friend has canceled his plans to visit your city due to the MIAC Atrocity. It is sad that the good people of Missouri are losing income because their elected officials are not obeying their oath of office. I definitely feel you can turn this to your advantage by insisting on an investigation into the sources of the Report, and demanding that your Governor obey the law by complying with the sunshine law requests he has received, and is stalling on.

Just so you know, letters are going out to newspapers nationwide talking about this atrocity. If someone is on Facebook they can see a photo of one here:

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs020.snc1/2643_88374292952_663957952_2360739_6688890_n.jpg

Again, I am sorry that your city and state are bearing the brunt of the federal governments overbearing policies, but if you won't stand up, who will?

You should, also, be aware that I attended the CfL conference, but stayed in Illinois to reduce the amount of my money going to a state that condones unconstitutional, indeed, morally criminal, behavior

Respectfully

acptulsa
04-07-2009, 02:17 PM

What, you're discriminating against the 10th Amendment pioneer because we don't get enough snow for you?!

coyote_sprit
04-07-2009, 02:48 PM
if they had an app on itouch ipod, i would erase missouri;)

You'll regret those words one day. At least people in Missouri know that the iPod is an over priced MP4 player.

ladyjade3
04-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Its the Show Me (all your cash) State.

And explain why you have it, who you work for, what you're doing here, where you're going, why you won't answer questions, why is the sky blue, why why why why?

Talk about acting like a child...

speciallyblend
04-07-2009, 03:09 PM
You'll regret those words one day. At least people in Missouri know that the iPod is an over priced MP4 player.

haha, yep your right,but as a dj i only got it so i could download songs while my laptop runs scratch live;) so it serves its purpose:)

speciallyblend
04-07-2009, 03:11 PM
What, you're discriminating against the 10th Amendment pioneer because we don't get enough snow for you?!

gotta have my powder days:)