PDA

View Full Version : Is President Bush dumb?

adwads
06-01-2007, 10:32 AM
I don't mean to insult him, but I've been trying to figure out President Bush for a long long time now.

There's something wrong with him...either he doesn't really think that much, or he listens to people like Dick Cheney and doesn't make his own decisions, or he is really out of touch with the American people and reality.

Just the other day when asked about bringing the troops home from Iraq, he said that not all the troops are even there yet. What kind of an answer is that? And his unwillingness to secure the borders after 6 years as President is insane.

I don't think Bush is capable of seeing anybody else's viewpoint as his own. I think he also thinks that he is doing what God tells him to do, and therefore that makes him automatically right.

4Horsemen
06-01-2007, 10:39 AM
He's not as dumb as he portrays himself to be. Most of it is an act, so you think he's harmless and ignorant.

Erazmus
06-01-2007, 10:43 AM
I used to think he was really stupid, and in some ways I still do. However, I think he is more sinister than anything, truly. I really don’t think he cares about the American people or the troops overseas. I think his interest is purely selfishly motivated via greed and power. The executive branch had way more power than was ever intended through the constitution before he was elected in 2000, and he has done nothing but erode civil liberties and extend the power of the executive branch since taking office. He bypasses congress at every turn (IE: North American Union / NAFTA Super Highway). His loyalty lays with corporate America, as most politicians do.

He is not articulate. He’s not too bright. He can’t convey a thought, and he’s incoherent. He could be a puppet. But the bottom line is, he just doesn’t care. I think he has become (if not always was) a complete bully. His party let him get away with everything. But most of all, just like most of the party has become, he is a war-hawk and a fear-monger. I truly think he is the worst president we’ve ever had. I think history will remember him as such

RonPaul4President
06-01-2007, 10:47 AM
The reason he sounds so awkward when he speaks is because the words he speaks are not his own. He's a mouthpiece for those pulling his strings. He is OWNED by his financial backers, and has sold his soul to their money and power.

That explains why there is zero sincerity in his words and a defiant arrogance in their deliverance.

wwycher
06-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Lord Bush is not dumb. He is an actor. He is taking orders, but he is definitly not dumb. That is why we need Ron Paul in office so bad. We must understand that it is not about GOP and the DEMS. It is about globalist and Constitutionalists. The globalists are working to destroy US sovereignty. They have imbedded themselves in our government. Bush is taking orders from the globalist leaders from around the world. Cheney is crazy and everyone in government knows this and has for some time. I believe he is a fall guy for when all the stuff hits the fan. Bush is scary but he is not dumb.

aravoth
06-01-2007, 10:50 AM
I don't mean to insult him, but I've been trying to figure out President Bush for a long long time now.

There's something wrong with him...either he doesn't really think that much, or he listens to people like Dick Cheney and doesn't make his own decisions, or he is really out of touch with the American people and reality.

Just the other day when asked about bringing the troops home from Iraq, he said that not all the troops are even there yet. What kind of an answer is that? And his unwillingness to secure the borders after 6 years as President is insane.

I don't think Bush is capable of seeing anybody else's viewpoint as his own. I think he also thinks that he is doing what God tells him to do, and therefore that makes him automatically right.

In my opinion, Bush is not dumb. At all. In fact I think he is very very smart.
Once upon a time he was a fast thinking, well spoken person. I firmly believe that something is happening to him. On a medical level. What this video, it spells it out pretty well.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pw4Bhmm22xo

Of course I think the other thing to consider is "the phantom in the closet". At the beginning of his administration he was articulate. But over time his administration turned into a seceretive group. He doesn't speak out to the people at all. And when he does it's from a prepared speech, and he routinly dodges important questions. It's like there is no formal disclosure. Like he gives the media just enough to nibble, but never take a bite.

Sadly for me I beleive that he is under the thrall of corproate share holders and powerful lobbies that use him to push policies in thier favor, more so than any other president in the history of our nation.

tsoldrin
06-01-2007, 10:54 AM
I think Bush's ability to appear dumb is probably his strongest political weapon. He uses it to disarm critics. If you look at all the Bush 'mistakes' over his tenure, almost overwhelmingly they benefited someone who is in bed with him, his family or some other partisan of the neocon agenda... if that's dumb, they're all bumbling all the way to the bank. By sheer statistical chance, Bush should have gotten something right by now even by accident... so incompetence simply can not be the explanation.

Bryan
06-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Thanks for keeping things civil everyone. :)

In my opinion, Bush is not dumb. At all. In fact I think he is very very smart.
Once upon a time he was a fast thinking, well spoken person. I firmly believe that something is happening to him. On a medical level. What this video, it spells it out pretty well.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pw4Bhmm22xo

Of course I think the other thing to consider is "the phantom in the closet". At the beginning of his administration he was articulate. But over time his administration turned into a seceretive group. He doesn't speak out to the people at all. And when he does it's from a prepared speech, and he routinly dodges important questions. It's like there is no formal disclosure. Like he gives the media just enough to nibble, but never take a bite.

Sadly for me I beleive that he is under the thrall of corproate share holders and powerful lobbies that use him to push policies in thier favor, more so than any other president in the history of our nation.

I had seen this video before, very telling. Recommended.

Kregener
06-01-2007, 12:19 PM
As a bag of bricks.

His history shows us clearly that he only got INTO Yale via his family connections, and only "passed" his courses by same.

Documents show that his military superiors thought he was inept and unfit for his "chosen" duties.

He was alcoholic (untreated) and a heavy drug-user.

Jeb Bush called their mother, "The Enforcer".

GeeDub's psyche was warped at a VERY early age.

NewEnd
06-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Bush is a pretty nice, smart guy.

Cheney is an evil manipulative genious.

That is how Cheney has been getting away with so much. Bush is likable. If people understood how powerful cheney is, they would realize teh evil in this administration flows from him.

kylejack
06-01-2007, 12:28 PM

You don't graduate from Yale and later get an MBA from Harvard without being smart, and I don't care who your father is. He's clearly intelligent. Much of it is an act.

RonPaul4President
06-01-2007, 12:28 PM
LOL! Cheney is Wal-Mart and Bush is the door greeter. That would make a good cartoon. Have the "Wal-Mart" replaced with "Cheney" on the signs and then zoom into Bush at the door with a fragile smile holding out a lollipop saying, "Welcome to Cheney!".

Kregener
06-01-2007, 12:38 PM
He was HANDED a lucrative oil company and ran it into the ground.

His graduation from Yale and MBA from Harvard were "gifts" requested by a powerfully-connected father.

kylejack
06-01-2007, 01:07 PM
He was HANDED a lucrative oil company and ran it into the ground.

His graduation from Yale and MBA from Harvard were "gifts" requested by a powerfully-connected father.

Actually, he pocketed a hefty profit by merging his company with others and selling off the stock he received as a result. That's certainly smart, regardless of what happened to the company. Yale and Harvard have high standards. They may have students accepted through nepotism, but actually passing rests on the student's shoulders.

Bradley in DC
06-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Bush is actually fairly smart. He's not motivated by intellectual pursuits like Dr. Paul, but he also suffers from that famous Bush grammatical-handicap.

I also don't think he's just mouthing what his backers tell him. The reality is far more sinister. Aside from Original Sin, I don't believe anyone born more inherently evil than another. The problem is when men consistently choose evil.

drinkbleach
06-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Actually, he pocketed a hefty profit by merging his company with others and selling off the stock he received as a result. That's certainly smart, regardless of what happened to the company. Yale and Harvard have high standards. They may have students accepted through nepotism, but actually passing rests on the student's shoulders.

He ran the company into the ground and then sold the stock before people realized it was about to shittank.

He "passed" with Straight C's.:rolleyes:

kylejack
06-01-2007, 02:05 PM
He ran the company into the ground and then sold the stock before people realized it was about to shittank.

He "passed" with Straight C's.:rolleyes:

Neither of which indicates him to be an idiot. He's smart and talented. Not only did he get elected to the highest office, he got re-elected after a shitton of screwups.

Gimme Some Truth
06-01-2007, 02:49 PM
I personally believe Bush is not dumb at all. I don't even think its an act.

He seems pre occupied to me during speeches. Sometimes he looks scared , sometimes overly aggressive. Almost as tho he's being forced policy.

I certainly don't think he's all that evil. Merely a puppet/figurehead.

Whether or not Bush is a nice guy or an evil manipulative bastard , it doesnt matter. He is not a real president. Ron Paul would be.

Bob Cochran
06-01-2007, 03:03 PM
I voted for Bush twice and used to defend his intellect, especially when I knew I was speaking with someone who had never learned a second language. I would point out that Dubya was functional in the Spanish language.

Maybe he should have put extra effort into English and left Spanish alone!:D

His inability to speak well extemporaneously does not necessarily mean he is dumb. Intelligence is a complex, compartmentalized, hard-to-measure thing.

People who are mentally quick or able to remember a lot of things can seem dumb on certain topics or in certain situations.

People who are slow and can't retain as much as others can seem shrewd and wise (the "Forrest Gump" phenomenon).

Is Bush wise? My opinion: in some areas, yes, in others, he is most unwise.

He appears to be able to keep himself in good health. He appears to be devoted to his family. These are marks of a wise man.

On the other hand, he has stubbornly clung to potentially ruinous economic and foreign policies while holding the job of President. Many of us feel he has been extremely unwise in these areas.

Maybe he will prove to have been so brilliant that the rest of us just couldn't see it...but I doubt it!

NewEnd
06-01-2007, 03:05 PM
I think he got roughed up and threatened pretty good when he choked on his pretzel.

And this will sound dumb, but I have dreamt of him twice, and both times, he was very smart, charismatic, and passionate. And this was after I really started to hate him for Iraq.

Kregener
06-01-2007, 03:49 PM
If the son of a millionaire political power broker can't make it in Midland, Texas, he can't make it anywhere. George was set up in his own oil company in the heart of the Permian Basin. His two starter companies, Bush Exploration and Arbusto, promptly went bust, hemorrhaging millions of dollars. His father's cronies in a group called Spectrum 7 picked up the pieces. It flat lined too. A new group of saviors in the form of Harken Oil swooped in. Ditto. Yet in the end, George walked away from the wreckage of Harkin Oil with a few million in his pocket. One of the investors in Harken was George Soros, who explained the bail out of Bush in frank terms. "We were buying political influence. That was it. Bush wasn't much of a businessman." Among the retinue of rescuers in his hours of crisis was a Saudi construction conglomerate, headed by Mohammad bin Laden, sire of Osama. The ties that blind.

High Plains Grifter
The Life and Crimes of George W. Bush
By JEFFREY ST. CLAIR

Yeah, Ol' Ears is friggin' BRILLIANT...

:rolleyes:

CurtisLow
06-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Well fuck you then. Some of us are just starting to get interested in politics and haven't thought a lot about these questions. If you don't like the question then don't respond to the thread.

I think there are other ways to say you disapprove of someones answer, other then saying FU to someone.
It shows your intelligence.

jimmyjamsslo
06-01-2007, 06:21 PM
My friend is a liberal, Grateful-Dead listening, pot-smoking sort who worked for G.W.'s PAC before he was governor of Texas. My friend, Drew, says that Mr. Bush was actually one of the more considerate politicians, the type of guy who acknowledged the 'little guy', and said that Bush was always polite and well-mannered.

Talk about ironic!!

Unfortunately for Drew, sometimes he has had to defend being a Texan, JUST BECAUSE of the STUPIDITY of BUSH!
As a matter of fact, most people that I have met from Texas are super cool :cool: , very smart, open minded and fit none of the stereotypes.

The fact that Dr. Paul resides in Texas is also slightly ironic, and is a difficult point to transcend when I try to introduce him to friends, even though he is a native Pennsylvanian. However, I do think it is apt that Dr. Paul was born in Pennsylvania:

"Pennsylvania in the Revolution:
Pennsylvanians may well take pride in the dominant role played by their state in the early development of the national government. At the same time that Pennsylvania was molding its own statehood, it was providing leadership and a meeting place for the men concerned with building a nation."

Jimmy

Kuldebar
06-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Is a hammer dumb? Is a broom stupid?

Bush is a tool.

He is the type of man that the rich elite have consistently backed for the the throne through recorded history. He may even be a true believer, nothing more dangerous than a true believer.

Bush isn't an intellectual, he openly admitted that he doesn't read and he relies on what his advisors tell him. Aged, spoiled, rich former frat boy born to an influential family. Check out the Bush family history in the wikipedia. America fought a war to get rid of hereditary monarchies and all the abusive power that goes with it, and here we are still worshipping Kennedys, following Clintons and electing Bushes.

BuddyRey
06-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Bush definitely seems dumb to me. You have to be dumb to be easily controlled, and I think most of us would agree that Bush isn't really the one affecting policy in his own administration anymore.