PDA

View Full Version : Fighting the MIAC... fighting all fusion centers?

CatherineBleish
04-05-2009, 12:09 PM
So we're getting yanked around with regards to seeking information from Governor Nixon, Highway Patrol, and SEMA regarding the MIAC document (as many from the press and MO legislatures suggested we would).

I'm trying to come up with a second approach.... should we start fighting these fusion centers as a whole? I think Missouri might be a good place to start. We have friendly legislatures who I think would help us and the Republicans have a majority in the house and senate. I have drafted a letter to each representative asking them to call for an investigation into the MIAC (have not sent yet, waiting for accompanying press release from Bryon), but I'm not sure that is enough......... thoughts? Suggestions?

I know this has lost some steam, but I was wanting to give them a chance to actually respond to our requests for information.....

I'm ready to gear back up.. who wants to help? Shall I have a planning con call?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/01/surveilling-for-clues-of-evil-intent/

LittleLightShining
04-05-2009, 12:12 PM
I've been wondering what's going on. What happened with the Sunshine Law request?
Whether or not these other fusion centers have produced pamphlets similar to the MIAC report is debatable. It seems to me that if the information was in one fusion center it is elsewhere. We probably would never know unless an LEO leaked it-- just like MO.

CatherineBleish
04-05-2009, 12:45 PM
The responses we received said due to the nature and size of our request it will take a while for them to compile everything...... I could just see us waiting indefinitely.

We still have received no response to our request for a face to face meeting with the Governor. Maybe we can get the grass roots to demand that reps from LRP get to meet with him on behalf of the liberty movement as a whole and have everyone come up with a list of 10 or so questions we can ask him on tape....???? He'll meet with the press and homeland security, why not us?

LittleLightShining
04-05-2009, 12:50 PM
The responses we received said due to the nature and size of our request it will take a while for them to compile everything...... I could just see us waiting indefinitely.

We still have received no response to our request for a face to face meeting with the Governor. Maybe we can get the grass roots to demand that reps from LRP get to meet with him on behalf of the liberty movement as a whole and have everyone come up with a list of 10 or so questions we can ask him on tape....???? He'll meet with the press and homeland security, why not us?There's something wrong with the sunshine law if that's how it works. Did your legislative allies vote for or against the SL? Can they help you at all? Can you get one of those legislators to help you get an appointment with the governor?