PDA

View Full Version : How America can successfully combat the tyranny Walmart imports.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-05-2009, 11:25 AM
It is difficult to talk to a Walmart manager nowadays and why should they listen being that the company is the largest corporation in the world employing over a million? So, as far as Walmart managers are concerned, they are doing something right. The problem with Walmart is how the company has evolved from that of an American company to that of a global company. It is no longer just a matter of what works in the United States, but a matter of what works in the tyrannies that exist outside the nation. This is how Walmart filters poison from outside our borders back into what is left of our Democratic Republic.
The result has been a policy which allows people to freely shop lift items at the expense of honest paying customers. How can they afford to allow criminals to steal literally billions of dollars from them? Well, they can afford to do so because they pay their employees so little. What is the result of paying employees little? Well, they won't be able to afford to buy new cars. What happens when employees can't afford to buy new cars? The automobile companies go out of business.
Sound familiar?
So, what can an honest civilization do to combat such a social disease? Well, start controlling access into and out of stores. Create niche stores where security guards document all license plates of vehicles entering into the premises while no vehicles are allowed to sneak in through the exit. While screening the vehicles, coupons could be given out advertising the specials inside.
The money saved from the prevention of shop lifting would allow stores to pay their employees more. The employees in turn would work harder thus making the store even more profittable. This in turn would hopefully raise the wages of the employees to the degree that they could afford to buy a new car. Bingo!
We need to hold honesty as being the most prized commodity in our civilization. When people work to acheive such honesty, then they should be rewarded for it.
I know that this idea will probably offend lots of people because it would seem to violate liberty, freedom and the American way in some deep sociological or psychological reason. Therefore, lawyers would then be hired to try to block the rewarding of honesty.
To this reaction, the people need to do it anyway. When the Supreme Court would declare it unconstitutional for society to reward honesty, the states need to ignore such an absurd ruling by rewarding it anyway. When a state likewise declares that it is unconstitutional, the cities within need to ignore the ruling. And so on.
This is how we can combat the tyranny being allowed within our borders by Walmart.

ItsTime
04-05-2009, 11:31 AM
lmao

Chester Copperpot
04-05-2009, 11:42 AM
lmao

what you said.

torchbearer
04-05-2009, 11:45 AM
If you want to "stop" walmart, all you have to do is stop shopping there.
No one forces anyone to buy from walmart.
Without the voluntary support of people, it doesn't exist... unlike the government.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Without the voluntary support of people, it doesn't exist... unlike the government.

First off, no one hates what Walmart has to do to make a profit more than Walmart does. It does what it has to do not because of a free market, but because of absurd legistlation.
We have become a nation once ruled by private executives (free enterprise) to one that is ruled by public executives (over 1,000,000 lawyers and counting).
While the policy of rewarding honesty wouldn't be allowed by the state for deep, mysterious sociological and psychological reasons, controlled access into and out of stores would be a big hit with the honest paying public.

jkr
04-05-2009, 04:20 PM
i h8 them because of their policy on the treatment/ storage of hermit crabs as well...really

bossman068410
04-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Dua here is your free market Freedom solution to china's imports

1) Our corporate tax is #2 highest in the nation ..... DROP IT
2) STOP subsidizing shipping and Transportation....

Those 2 will bring us wealth.

ps.... Walmart was targeted by the FOOD Union...
ALL the big chains buy from china.

LibForestPaul
04-05-2009, 06:09 PM
First off, no one hates what Walmart has to do to make a profit more than Walmart does. It does what it has to do not because of a free market, but because of absurd legistlation.
We have become a nation once ruled by private executives (free enterprise) to one that is ruled by public executives (over 1,000,000 lawyers and counting).
While the policy of rewarding honesty wouldn't be allowed by the state for deep, mysterious sociological and psychological reasons, controlled access into and out of stores would be a big hit with the honest paying public.

No, not a free market. Walmart deals with a dispicable country, that affords its people no liberty (for all) , no life (for those who believe they have liberties), and no pursuant of happiness (for the majority of its people). It is a sham perpetrated by the elites who run this country that we engage with free trade with a country whose own citizens have no PROPERTY RIGHTS!

torchbearer
04-05-2009, 07:13 PM
No, not a free market. Walmart deals with a dispicable country, that affords its people no liberty (for all) , no life (for those who believe they have liberties), and no pursuant of happiness (for the majority of its people). It is a sham perpetrated by the elites who run this country that we engage with free trade with a country whose own citizens have no PROPERTY RIGHTS!

you do realize, in a truly free U.S.A. with a truly free market, any company can do business with any other business, including those in china who have slave labor.

Your recourse in that free society is to speak out vocally, buy ads to let people know, and to stop shopping there.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-06-2009, 11:32 AM
you do realize, in a truly free U.S.A. with a truly free market, any company can do business with any other business, including those in china who have slave labor.

Your recourse in that free society is to speak out vocally, buy ads to let people know, and to stop shopping there.

Okay. Let's use pimping and whoring as an example of a free market. If one has an over abundance of Johns to whores, this will raise the price that each pimp can charge for the use of each whore. However, if there are an over abundance of whores to Johns, then he will have to charge less. Of course, the government will get its take in penalties and taxes.
The problem arises when tyranny steps in to regulate the industry to the extent that whores aren't allowed to become free agents or owner operators. Another concern is when tyrannies work together to run the free agents or owner operators out of business.
An example of this is the relationship between the two tyrannies of Mexico and the United States. Being there doesn't exist a border to keep competing whores from crossing over, this means there will always be more whores to Johns.
This policy illegitimizes the free agent and owner operating whores to the degree that the nation loses its middle class.
I really don't enjoy using pimping and whoring as an example of economics, but it does make the situation crystal clear.
We need to do away with the filthy business of contracting (pimping) out the heart of the economy -- a functional middle class.

Rael
04-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Sorry but this is one of the silliest posts I have seen in awhile.

People don't really hate the fact that all our stuff is made in China, or they would stop buying it. The market makes these decisions. I can afford to buy alot of things because of the fact that they are made in China. Since it is cheaper for the Chinese to make it, it's cheaper for me to buy it, and I can afford things I need that I might not be able to afford otherwise.

Just about anything you buy thats made in China can be bought from a company that makes it here, but it is going to be more expensive. People can choose to seek out and buy these, but for the most part, they choose not too. The fact is, we love our Chinese goods. Thats the market at work.

angelatc
04-06-2009, 12:53 PM

ROTFL! All retailers do!

Ya'll need to check tags. While nothing seems to be made in America any more, lots of things are made in countries other than China.

Abd here I thought the libertarians believed in free trade. LOL!

sratiug
04-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Sorry but this is one of the silliest posts I have seen in awhile.

People don't really hate the fact that all our stuff is made in China, or they would stop buying it. The market makes these decisions. I can afford to buy alot of things because of the fact that they are made in China. Since it is cheaper for the Chinese to make it, it's cheaper for me to buy it, and I can afford things I need that I might not be able to afford otherwise.

Just about anything you buy thats made in China can be bought from a company that makes it here, but it is going to be more expensive. People can choose to seek out and buy these, but for the most part, they choose not too. The fact is, we love our Chinese goods. Thats the market at work.

One reason it's cheaper to buy the Chinese stuff is that they do not have to pay the same taxes that would be paid here manufacturing the same goods. The market is slanted by government taxing domestic production and effectively subsidizing imports.

The tariff is the only federal tax that will not subsidize imports and thus ensure the free-est trade possible while funding a federal government.

Elwar
04-06-2009, 02:01 PM
It is difficult to talk to a Walmart manager nowadays and why should they listen being that the company is the largest corporation in the world employing over a million? So, as far as Walmart managers are concerned, they are doing something right. The problem with Walmart is how the company has evolved from that of an American company to that of a global company. It is no longer just a matter of what works in the United States, but a matter of what works in the tyrannies that exist outside the nation. This is how Walmart filters poison from outside our borders back into what is left of our Democratic Republic.
The result has been a policy which allows people to freely shop lift items at the expense of honest paying customers. How can they afford to allow criminals to steal literally billions of dollars from them? Well, they can afford to do so because they pay their employees so little. What is the result of paying employees little? Well, they won't be able to afford to buy new cars. What happens when employees can't afford to buy new cars? The automobile companies go out of business.
Sound familiar?
So, what can an honest civilization do to combat such a social disease? Well, start controlling access into and out of stores. Create niche stores where security guards document all license plates of vehicles entering into the premises while no vehicles are allowed to sneak in through the exit. While screening the vehicles, coupons could be given out advertising the specials inside.
The money saved from the prevention of shop lifting would allow stores to pay their employees more. The employees in turn would work harder thus making the store even more profittable. This in turn would hopefully raise the wages of the employees to the degree that they could afford to buy a new car. Bingo!
We need to hold honesty as being the most prized commodity in our civilization. When people work to acheive such honesty, then they should be rewarded for it.
I know that this idea will probably offend lots of people because it would seem to violate liberty, freedom and the American way in some deep sociological or psychological reason. Therefore, lawyers would then be hired to try to block the rewarding of honesty.
To this reaction, the people need to do it anyway. When the Supreme Court would declare it unconstitutional for society to reward honesty, the states need to ignore such an absurd ruling by rewarding it anyway. When a state likewise declares that it is unconstitutional, the cities within need to ignore the ruling. And so on.
This is how we can combat the tyranny being allowed within our borders by Walmart.

I was going to plagerize this post and put it on the Obama Forum but the end result is discouraging shoplifting which is the opposite of the theme there.

Change it up so that there are Obama Youth Brigade monitoring each aisle, while the security guards collecting license plate information check to see if there are any anti-government bumper stickers and I think you've got a hit.

amonasro
04-06-2009, 02:07 PM
So your solution to shoplifting is to record all traffic & license plate numbers entering and exiting the parking lot? At Walmart?

Yeah, that'd go over like a lead balloon.

eOs
04-06-2009, 03:05 PM
No one forces anyone to buy from walmart...

I don't think this method works at all anymore. In the days where people knew show owners by name and such, perhaps it did. Corporations have gotten too big, populations too large for such an outdated method. Think of it like this, when you think someone if an asshole, and you tell your friends about this guy being an asshole, does this asshole stop having friends? Nope.

torchbearer
04-06-2009, 03:18 PM
I don't think this method works at all anymore. In the days where people knew show owners by name and such, perhaps it did. Corporations have gotten too big, populations too large for such an outdated method. Think of it like this, when you think someone if an asshole, and you tell your friends about this guy being an asshole, does this asshole stop having friends? Nope.

Then the alternative is to use force, whether it be mob or government.
No thanks.

dgr
04-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Alexander Hamilton '' A NATION STATE CAN NOT SURVIVE WITHOUT MANUFACTURING"

LibForestPaul
04-06-2009, 04:36 PM

I do not subscribe to this mode of thinking. This would mean that people in this county should freely be able to engage in any business, including sexual abuse of children, slavery, and other unnatural activities. I believe there ARE natural rights, such as freedom from bondage, freedom from abuse, and freedom of property ownership. Therefore, in a free market, one would not be trading with, and would be PROHIBITED from trading with, nation states who do not recognize and protect the natural rights of their citizenry.

torchbearer
04-06-2009, 06:05 PM
I do not subscribe to this mode of thinking. This would mean that people in this county should freely be able to engage in any business, including sexual abuse of children, slavery, and other unnatural activities. I believe there ARE natural rights, such as freedom from bondage, freedom from abuse, and freedom of property ownership. Therefore, in a free market, one would not be trading with, and would be PROHIBITED from trading with, nation states who do not recognize and protect the natural rights of their citizenry.

Its against the law to abuse other people. But who are you to tell me where to buy my goods?
You own me? You own my property? You own my money? Where do you get that right?

akihabro
04-06-2009, 09:58 PM
ROTFL! All retailers do!

Ya'll need to check tags. While nothing seems to be made in America any more, lots of things are made in countries other than China.

Abd here I thought the libertarians believed in free trade. LOL!

My food and bullets are made in America. I think that's it. Didn't you see that Southpark episode about Wal-mart? Wal-mart is so addicting and cheap.
http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/103890/

Also evil. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/walmart/

anaconda
04-06-2009, 10:08 PM
I never shop at Walmart. I am a COSTCO junkie.

OptionsTrader
04-06-2009, 10:19 PM
I don't shop at that too obese to walk scooter driving customer attracting store, but when I do, I get what I want at cheap prices.

I don't care what they pay their people or where they buy their goods. Someone is willing to make cheap crap and sell it at cheap crap prices to Wal-Mart.

Is that taking advantage of people? Fuck no. Ask the mother whose teenager is willingly working at a sweatshop and the mother as well as the teenager would plead that you allow the sweatshop to stay open because it is the only high paying job (all things are relative) in the area and it pts food on the table reliably.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-06-2009, 11:35 PM
So your solution to shoplifting is to record all traffic & license plate numbers entering and exiting the parking lot? At Walmart?

Honesty should be rewarded with the best products at the cheapest price possible. Dishonesty shouldn't be rewarded the same. If the Supreme Court has a problem with this, then they aren't the Supreme Court. The States can ignore the Supreme Court if their ruling supports tyranny over the people. A majority of States ignoring the Supreme Court would be ideal.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-07-2009, 10:12 AM
I don't shop at that too obese to walk scooter driving customer attracting store, but when I do, I get what I want at cheap prices.

I don't care what they pay their people or where they buy their goods. Someone is willing to make cheap crap and sell it at cheap crap prices to Wal-Mart.

Is that taking advantage of people? Fuck no. Ask the mother whose teenager is willingly working at a sweatshop and the mother as well as the teenager would plead that you allow the sweatshop to stay open because it is the only high paying job (all things are relative) in the area and it pts food on the table reliably.

When times get so tough that people can't make a profit working, they will work in faith for a long while even though they lose money doing so. Eventually, a lot of people will prefer living on the street than to be belittled and prostituted in such a way by whoremongers. Others will choose suicide over being so unhappy. We should work because it makes us happy while not working should make us unhappy. After all, we go to war when we are unhappy.
Children understand this. Ask a child to draw a picture of a person and they will always draw a stick figure with the prerequisite of a happy smile on its face.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-07-2009, 10:24 AM
I never shop at Walmart. I am a COSTCO junkie.

Our fabulous economy was created because of our nation's Civil-Purpose. So, why do we concentrate on our nation's economy (established by legal-precedence) rather than our Civil-Purpose? Our Civil-Purpose is what every soul understands it to be as self-evident truths and unalienable natural rights. Since each soul reduces to perfection -- in that all men were created equally with both male and female having souls -- then we were/are all born with a business agenda.
Not just the gentleman in this world.
So, our littlist tresspassing sister living on the street was born with a business agenda. This is a burden she carries within her.
The American way isn't to fight the gentleman who pimps her (tyranny is an evil necessary to serve the people), but to take up her burden of bringing our nation's future posteriety off the streets.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-06-2011, 04:06 PM

A store would have to work hard at implementing this as a niche. A high wall could be built up around the store along with shacks and gates put in at lengthy entrances and exits to take down and check license plate numbers. You wouldn't have to shop there if that offends you. The idea is to reward honesty and those who obey the rules, laws, and regulations with the opportunity to shop safely for quality products at low prices. One could figure out how to scramble cell-phones which are a major reason for shoplifting inside the stores and outside of them in their parking lots.
You know, something could be deemed unconstitutional just because it would cause less legal work and a lot less jobs for lawyers (Meaning we are going to have to fight to cut the numbers of lawyers working today against this nation's best interests).
As I've said often in here, freedom for the sake of freedom is no better than slavery. Furthermore, as a Christian, I am free today because Someone (massively big) spoke the Truth as in, 'the truth will set you free.' This means that I'm free today not because of what others did in the past to manipulate events, but I am free 1) because the Almighty Himself spoke the Truth, and 2) because my Founding Fathers broke away from legal precedence (tradition) when they dealt with certain self evident and unalienable truths.
Anyway, the idea is to get the managment of stores out of the courtrooms, of the city halls, and of the legal departments of the stores themselves and put back into the hands of the store managers on the local level.
And by the way, I don't shop at Walmart. I go out of my way not to shop there. I'm even interested in ways to get around not shopping there. There should be a major webcite dedicated to that purpose. I even go to damaged frieght places and dollar stores to avoid shopping there.
Remember Blockbuster? I am one of the millions who cut up my card and dropped it in little pieces through the door of the outside video dropoff.

Sentient Void
04-06-2011, 04:10 PM
I also think it's funny when people say "Wal-mart puts mom and pop stores and small businesses out of business!".

No. You're wrong. Wal-Mart doesn't put anyone out of business.

The customer does.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-07-2011, 06:38 PM
I also think it's funny when people say "Wal-mart puts mom and pop stores and small businesses out of business!".

No. You're wrong. Wal-Mart doesn't put anyone out of business.

The customer does.

Huge corporations don't operate on the local level like smaller companies have to do. Such small companies have to work hard at pleasing the customer while operating at a disadvantage having to obey the rules, laws, and regulations. In contrast, Wal-Mart is so large it is beginning to operate above the law (or it thinks that it should be able to) working feverishly on the national level like all the other large corporations do lobbying and passing legislation against the people's best interest. Okay, so tell me, how is that the free market at work? Many of my tools don't work because they are Chinese. Simple things like fans don't work like they use to because they aren't built properly. Being from Texas, my state should ban all Chinese products because of the Texas lemon law. But, as I've said often in here, the governments and the people seem content on our nation reverting back to the old tyranny of pimping and whoring. No one has the courage to say they aren't set for life. Or that they aren't doing so well, that they aren't happy, that they are in fact disillusioned. What good does it do to complain as a supposed member of the people, yet, afterwards after a lot of complaining about tyranny, to say that although things are bad, I am set for life, have a great job, have a great wife, kids, and a big house? Winners are not something our nation needs right now. As most of the American people are going to have to learn to work at minimum wage jobs in the future, we need people willing to step down and take such jobs and show how it is possible to go through such a painful process, survive, and come out of it victoriously.

NewRightLibertarian
04-07-2011, 06:51 PM
I shop at Meijer which is a midwestern equivalent to Walmart. I think they are less evil than Walmart but I have no facts to back this up.

AFPVet
04-07-2011, 07:16 PM
I avoid Commiemart as much as possible.

dean.engelhardt
04-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Sound familiar?

This is why the internet is so great...besides free porn.

nobody's_hero
04-07-2011, 07:57 PM
I used to feel like Wal-mart was simply a winner in free-market competition, until I realized that local governments will usually give big corporations (like Wal-mart) property tax breaks (which they do not offer to smaller businesses) if they will come set up shop in their community, because they know that they'll rake in the $$$. The result is a tax code that does not weigh equally across the board. Which equates to government interference in the market via an unfair tax code. Perhaps Wal-mart would still beat out the 'mom and pop' stores, but it should do so solely on its own merits, not a helping hand in the form of favoritism from governments.

I've never seen my county commissioners' eyes glaze over the way they do if someone mentions that a big-box mart is even thinking about coming to their area.

We ultimately didn't get the Wal-mart. Or, I should say, they haven't built one in our small town yet. If anything, gas prices are keeping the small stores in business at the moment. It's cheaper to drive across town to the hardware store and pay a bit more for paint, than it is to drive to the next town and pay less for paint.

zade
04-07-2011, 08:56 PM

I stopped shopping at Walmart and it didn't "stop" them, go figure

torchbearer
04-07-2011, 09:04 PM
I stopped shopping at Walmart and it didn't "stop" them, go figure

maybe that is because everyone else voted with their money too.
too bad you aren't dictator of the world and can't get everything you want by your will alone.
boo-fucking-hoo.

if you have a case to make, talk to your neighbors.
i haven't shopped at a walmart in years, but i haven't went out of my way to convince others of the same.
perhaps they see a benefit where i do not
either way, there is no force involved. walmart is there because people vote voluntarily with their dollars.
maybe you should become an authoritarian and seek democracy to force walmart out of existance.

Legend1104
04-07-2011, 09:19 PM
I just got back from walmart and saved a good bit of money. I was also able to go to Olive Garden and get some lasagna. Thanks walmart!

RileyE104
04-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Meh.. I shop at Wal-Mart and Sams for the food that I've been storing as a preemptive strike against inflation. :p

The WM by my area also had some good deals on fruit trees and blackberry/grape plants, so I got some of those too and they're outside growing great now.

I also get baby wipes from Sams and occasionally diapers from WM.
Not so much diapers anymore since we bought some great cloth ones (not from WM) with a bunch of inserts, which I expect to save us quite a bit of money in the long run.

Anyways, as far as I can tell, Wal-Mart has helped me save a lot of money.
If I shopped at the local grocery store for everything I needed I would probably have no money left.

**** Anywhere I can get a good deal, I will go.
I don't do ALL my shopping at WM, but it's a great place to save money.

For example, I do go to the fish market near my area and get seafood there.
It's a little more than what you would get from Wal-Mart, but it's better quality.

So like I said, it just depends.
I don't see the point in demonizing Wal-Mart.

Vessol
04-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Yeah, Wal-Mart is evil!

Nevermind the governments that kill and maim and threaten for their very existence.

Wal-Mart pays shit wages! They must be evil!

Live_Free_Or_Die
04-08-2011, 12:03 AM
So let's completely ignore why capital is/has been fleeing the U.S. in order for China to produce anything that Wal Mart wants to import 3000 miles.

Ya... let's just go after the company reacting to markets and distributing goods at low prices because the distributor is the problem.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2011, 12:09 AM
I avoid Commiemart as much as possible.

That...I avoid Wal Marx at all costs.

AFPVet
04-08-2011, 12:15 AM
That...I avoid Wal Marx at all costs.

That's good too :)

heavenlyboy34
04-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Sound familiar?
http://craft1up.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/facepalm.jpg

EndDaFed
04-08-2011, 03:49 AM
I do not subscribe to this mode of thinking. This would mean that people in this county should freely be able to engage in any business, including sexual abuse of children, slavery, and other unnatural activities. I believe there ARE natural rights, such as freedom from bondage, freedom from abuse, and freedom of property ownership. Therefore, in a free market, one would not be trading with, and would be PROHIBITED from trading with, nation states who do not recognize and protect the natural rights of their citizenry.Its against the law to abuse other people. But who are you to tell me where to buy my goods?
You own me? You own my property? You own my money? Where do you get that right?

Where do you get the right to pay for other people to abuse others on your behalf? That is what one essentialy does when they buy slave made goods. It's not morally different than you enslaving them for your own benefit. The only real difference is that the enslavement has been outsourced. This is the lunacy of some of the hardcore libertarian ideologues. The idea that if there is money in the transaction it automatically removes all moral responsibility. To build a society on such would eventually lead to tyranny because it would make slavery profitable. There is a balance in that the more costly the government makes slavery via prohibition the cheaper option of voluntary employment becomes a reality. Are you admitting that you would knowingly buy slave made goods? I'm not talking about Wal-Mart here, but goods that are made by people who are truly enslaved.

I Don't Vote
04-08-2011, 04:08 AM
Whoa!

I actually read most of it before I realized where it was going.

I Don't Vote
04-08-2011, 04:11 AM
Where do you get the right to pay for other people to abuse others on your behalf? That is what one essentialy does when they buy slave made goods. It's not morally different than you enslaving them for your own benefit. The only real difference is that the enslavement has been outsourced. This is the lunacy of some of the hardcore libertarian ideologues. The idea that if there is money in the transaction it automatically removes all moral responsibility. To build a society on such would eventually lead to tyranny because it would make slavery profitable. There is a balance in that the more costly the government makes slavery via prohibition the cheaper option of voluntary employment becomes a reality. Are you admitting that you would knowingly buy slave made goods? I'm not talking about Wal-Mart here, but goods that are made by people who are truly enslaved.

Give me evidence of a company in the US that buys stuff that's made by real slaves.

And I don't mean "slave wages" (whatever that means).

EndDaFed
04-08-2011, 04:17 AM
Give me evidence of a company in the US that buys stuff that's made by real slaves.

I'm talking about a hypothetical here. As if slavery were legal and there is no government as some of the anarcho-crackpots want. Would you knowingly buy slave made goods?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-12-2011, 02:53 AM

First off, the derogatory use of the word "slave" originated from the word "Slav." A true "slave" is one who doesn't own their own souls to the extent that their owners have the right to take their lives. Or, figure a slave is someone worth 1/12th of a horse as 12 human souls for a single horse was the going rate for a slave in Africa. The Hebrews were not forced into slavery by the Egyptians, but they fell into that condition to them over a long period of time. Having untouchables (outcastes) in a society are a good indicator that one is living during a time of tyranny (pimping and whoring) as those people are rejected by both the master and slave class.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-13-2011, 01:07 PM
I'm talking about a hypothetical here. As if slavery were legal and there is no government as some of the anarcho-crackpots want. Would you knowingly buy slave made goods?

You seem to speak as a European would about European matters. Once again, the Aristotilian "golden mean" was intended to bring extremist Greeks towards the middle. See, if the "philosophical" Aristotle could pull this off, then his ruling Aristocracy (a necessary evil) would then be possible. It is the "sophistical" media who misuses Aristotle's golden mean in reporting politics presenting it to the masses as something that, at best, can only be devided into liberal and conservative, Democrats and Republicans.
Contrary to everything European and Old World, I am an American. As such, my Founders rejected the legal precedence of every past tradition superceding such past cruelties and persecutions with a new Natural Law based on certain self-evident and unalienable truths.

MikeStanart
04-13-2011, 01:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-o1fj1rX7A

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-13-2011, 01:23 PM

Becoming a slave or falling into such a condition is a very slow process. For example, African Americans did not become slaves in the United States, but they fell into such a condition over a long period of time back in Africa. In other words, if their souls hadn't been worth more to the riftraft buying them in the New World of the United States and in the Old World of Europe, then the master class of nobles in Africa wouldn't have bothered even selling them.
In my opinion, we are already slaves. Wake up! Look, I'm not criticizing the rich as they are a good thing. But most in this forum aren't subtle enough in their thinking to see who has the real power in this nation. It isn't the super rich as they are too busy working and competing at making the people happy. I think most of us agree on this. The people who have the true power are those who own the presses that make the money. These people don't need money as they can have it printed up at will.
Rule of thumb: One knows they are existing in a tyranny of pimping and whoring when that society works together as both master and slave in rejecting another untouchable class called outcastes. This has always been the case in the past. A true tyranny has three classes of people: the masters, the slaves, and the outcastes.

erowe1
04-13-2011, 01:24 PM
The problem isn't that the rest of the globe has too much tyranny and the US has too little. It's the opposite. All those other countries are free of all the regulations we have. So they can use cheaper ingredients, like paint with lead it in, and cheaper methods of production, like sweatshops and smoke billowing smokestacks. So when we bypass American-made goods with their tyranny-funding premiums added in and instead buy the cheaper foreign-made goods at Walmart, we're actually promoting freedom across the globe.

cameronb
04-13-2011, 01:29 PM
The idea of "slave wages" and it being inhumane to pay workers what we perceive to be paltry sums is tied in with ethnocentrism where we think other countries and peoples can ascend to new heights if we simply compel them to do things as we do them. If you personally know anyone living in a 3rd world country you know that some of the wages that other Americans are appalled at are in many instances quite a reasonable wage in that country.
e.g. 2 dollars a day seems like quite a paltry some in American terms, but if you understand the purchasing power of that two bucks in that country it changes one's perspective on whether those are in fact "slave wages."

Ultimately, if you perceive a moral dilemma with Walmart and other chains buying from China, or if you want to be more free in a practical way, you need to start producing on some level - be more self-sufficient and interact with your community to find cheap local products -- they exist.

-Cameron
www.fartherforward.com
Your Path to Self Sufficient Living

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-13-2011, 01:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-o1fj1rX7A

A protagonist is only as philosticated (philosophy oriented) as the antagonist. So, if the opposition is a bunch of baboons, then my side must be a bunch of chimps.
In other words, philosophically speaking, an argument has to be intelligent on both sides or else its not even an argument. Indeed, such performances are nothing more than a bunch of eloquently put this and / or that nonsense. In contrast, standing right outside even to the extent of bringing our nation up close to the very walls of the Kingdom of the New Jerusalem, our Founding Fathers declared something self evident and unalienable.
One indication of "sophistication" is a mean undertone involving cursing. In the old days, these were the same elderly gentlemen who were admired for their innate abilities to pimp their little sisters thank you very much! As we have advanced tyranny by way of a social contract theory beyond those days of pimping and whoring (just as the Eunoch in the Book of Acts can now understand the Word of God as a rightful man without the help of a qualified brother), we now live in a civilization commonly referred to as a nation. Sorry, the sake of the nation now supercedes the old tyranny of the family.
In offering an intelligent argument against whatever argument you are trying to make in favor of the lawyers in Arkansas operating the largest corporation in the world, one has to understand and differentiate between how we solve our problems on the local level and how we take advantage of the people of the United States on the national Federal level.
Simply put, Walmart is no longer helping the people solve their problems (to be happier) on the local level, but they are using their influence as the world's largest corporation to lobby and pass legislature against the people'e Civil Purpose on the Federal level.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-13-2011, 02:12 PM
The problem isn't that the rest of the globe has too much tyranny and the US has too little. It's the opposite. All those other countries are free of all the regulations we have. So they can use cheaper ingredients, like paint with lead it in, and cheaper methods of production, like sweatshops and smoke billowing smokestacks. So when we bypass American-made goods with their tyranny-funding premiums added in and instead buy the cheaper foreign-made goods at Walmart, we're actually promoting freedom across the globe.

See, you don't understand how the world's sense of quality came about. Indeed, it had quite a strange origin. My Founders didn't come over to the New World to work hard. While this might seem evil, it is true. My Founders weren't farmers as such people didn't have a reason to leave the Old World. Indeed, those European people already knew what they needed to know in order to make a living so why would they? Instead, my ancestors were an over abundance of mastercraftsmen and artisans hell bent on establishing themselves in society as "gentlemen" and "ladies." Problem was, how would they ever build an economy so people could buy products made by mastercraftsmen and artisans? Well, at first, while they would learn from the Indians (Native Americans) how to grow tobacco to sell for food, they would eventually have to learn, somehow, how to lower themselves to grow food as menial farmers. And how did they learn to do such a thing? Well, they invented something called "the American work ethic." What they did was farm with a bloody all out passion from four in the morning to nine in the evening six days out of the week!
Now, this is your culture today. What the culture coming up from Mexico is doing is poisoning the principle idea that we the people of the United States aren't here to work for nothing. Added along with the people's Civil Purpose declared by our Founding Fathers, this is the reason the United States is considered the land of opportunity.

Vessol
04-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Wal-Mart isn't waving a gun in my face like the Federal government is.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-13-2011, 02:31 PM
The idea of "slave wages" and it being inhumane to pay workers what we perceive to be paltry sums is tied in with ethnocentrism where we think other countries and peoples can ascend to new heights if we simply compel them to do things as we do them. If you personally know anyone living in a 3rd world country you know that some of the wages that other Americans are appalled at are in many instances quite a reasonable wage in that country.
e.g. 2 dollars a day seems like quite a paltry some in American terms, but if you understand the purchasing power of that two bucks in that country it changes one's perspective on whether those are in fact "slave wages."

Ultimately, if you perceive a moral dilemma with Walmart and other chains buying from China, or if you want to be more free in a practical way, you need to start producing on some level - be more self-sufficient and interact with your community to find cheap local products -- they exist.

-Cameron
www.fartherforward.com
Your Path to Self Sufficient Living

Either you believe the Lord Almighty fed a multitude (the nations) in the most desolate of places with just a basket of a few fish and few loaves of bread, or you simply aren't a believer. After feeding such people in the most desolate of places, He left the world's governments with no excuses for also doing the same. The New Covenant "Love thy neighbor as Thyself ("You give them something to eat!") now supercedes the old covenant of the Ten Commandments.

awake
04-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Do what the government does and stand outside your local Walmart with a gun and force everyone to pay you a shopping fee (tariff). Take these fees and pocket them or hand them over to a more deserving retailer.

The argument is really that absurd.

Mini-Me
04-13-2011, 02:38 PM

This is irrelevant to the topic of the thread, but you should ask GunnyFreedom sometime about where chocolate comes from.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Wal-Mart isn't waving a gun in my face like the Federal government is.
Indeed, I know exactly where you are coming from. We have to be practical sure. Still, we are never going to be victorious by aiming directly at the apple in the tree. In order to hit the target, we have to aim at the blue sky with this being our Civil Purpose! We have to remember that, beyond even what we observe directly with our senses, another truth exists: My father didn't just care about me, and doesn't just care about me, but he is taking care of me today! Regardless of what they have claimed against him with their false political manipulations, the real power of the Truth will soon be calling out envisioning and empowering me.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Do what the government does and stand outside your local Walmart with a gun and force everyone to pay you a shopping fee (tariff). Take these fees and pocket them or hand them over to a more deserving retailer.

The argument is really that absurd.

If the argument is absurd, then you shouldn't argue. The reason being that both sides of an argument must be intelligent for the overall argument to be so. Right? You know, the good guy is only as sophisticated (this word shouldn't be used) as the bad guy.
Indeed, a philosopher praising his opponent as being "sophisticated" is like a two fisted fighter praising his opponent for his boxing skills. Oh sure, he is rather good at running off, ducking, and dodging. Nevermind that he is leaving his corner of the ring open for all kinds of molestation, insults, and to be spit upon. Sure, the boxer might win the match on occasion, but, when needing a bodyguard, I'm going to hire the two fisted fighter.

TheeJoeGlass
04-13-2011, 03:17 PM
I shop where the best value can be found. When I want quality, I know where to go. This is the perfect system. I have no issues with dealing with China.

awake
04-13-2011, 03:17 PM
"If the argument is absurd, then you shouldn't argue. The reason being that both sides of an argument must be intelligent for the overall argument to be so. Right? You know, the good guy is only as sophisticated (this word shouldn't be used) as the bad guy.
Indeed, a philosopher praising his opponent as being "sophisticated" is like a two fisted fighter praising his opponent for his boxing skills. Oh sure, he is rather good at running off, ducking, and dodging. Nevermind that he is leaving his corner of the ring open for all kinds of molestation, insults, and to be spit upon. Sure, the boxer might win the match on occasion, but, when needing a bodyguard, I'm going to hire the two fisted fighter. "I disagree. In our current age of government is the answer and violence as the first and only resort, absurdity is passed about through sophism to justify otherwise immoral behavior. Although I wish it to be otherwise, one still has to make arguments against absurdity cloaked in popular fallacies; though it should be obvious when brought to the individuals perspective.

An absurd argument (position), when shown to be so, is the realization that one should not waste any more time entertaining it. There are many ideas that sound intelligent in academic discussion, but are in practice disastrous in the unseen consequences that they bring about.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-13-2011, 08:37 PM
I shop where the best value can be found. When I want quality, I know where to go. This is the perfect system. I have no issues with dealing with China.
Nations with a middle class tell nations without one where to sit. As they will have a middle class and we won't, they will be telling us where to sit. Now, maybe not in our lifetime, but certainly in the lifetime of our children this shameful reality will come true. And that is what this is all about, right? Not whether we have no issues to concern ourselves with, but in whether our future generations will have issues.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-13-2011, 08:44 PM
I disagree. In our current age of government is the answer and violence as the first and only resort, absurdity is passed about through sophism to justify otherwise immoral behavior. Although I wish it to be otherwise, one still has to make arguments against absurdity cloaked in popular fallacies; though it should be obvious when brought to the individuals perspective.

An absurd argument (position), when shown to be so, is the realization that one should not waste any more time entertaining it. There are many ideas that sound intelligent in academic discussion, but are in practice disastrous in the unseen consequences that they bring about.
If you can state your enemies argument better than they can, then you shouldn't bother arguing with them. But the people of the United States don't need intelligent people figuring things out for us as we know certain truths to be self evident and unalienable not in our minds, but in our collective heart, soul and conscience. The most important thing to know doesn't have to be taught to us by experts. This is what I call our "Civil Purpose" and it is something that doesn't even need definition as, well, it exists as self evident and unalienable. All Americans can figure this out without a degree of knowledge, and without a teacher, a lawyer, or any expert for that matter explaining it.

JCLibertarian
04-13-2011, 09:06 PM
I just bought some shampoo, bodywash, nature valley bars, fiber one bars, and a machete from Wal-Mart, did I contribute to the tyranny by saving a couple bucks? Did I do a bad thing?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-14-2011, 01:52 PM
I just bought some shampoo, bodywash, nature valley bars, fiber one bars, and a machete from Wal-Mart, did I contribute to the tyranny by saving a couple bucks? Did I do a bad thing?

You aren't focussing on the premise of the argument. While we solve our problems on the local level, we lobby away our rights and freedom on the Federal. This has nothing to do with liberalism and conservatism. Wal-mart at one time operated on the local level with private executive managers doing things in the best interest of the majority of the people. Now the world's largest corporation, like most major corporations today, is operating in the Federal level with the use of public executive managers (lawyers) lobbying doing things against the best interest of the majority of the people.

Solution? All corporations need to convene to agree to drastically cut their legal staffs across the board. The enemy isn't this (liberal) or that (conservative). The enemy is the one making a living off of dividing and conquering the people by eloquently blaming this and that. The enemy today of the United States of America is the over heated business of lawyering.