PDA

View Full Version : Big Oppertunity Tonight

ross11988
09-18-2007, 08:02 AM
There is going to be a Constitution Day event tonight (They must of forgot Constitution Day was yesterday) here at East Stroudsburg University. But they will be discussing the 2nd Amendment and Virgina Tech. From what I heard there will be open mic, i just need some advice on what to do, say, blah blah blah. I am agianst gun control, just need some points and stuff, also I got a bunch of slim jims and biz cards to hand out. Thanks Guys. The revolution is on here in the Doc's home state of Pennsylvania.

DjLoTi
09-18-2007, 08:07 AM
Just be like, it's important to look back on the constitution and remember how our country was founded, and how it's important to get involved in politics today.

Then you can plug in some of Ron Paul's points, and explain why it's important to do research on candidates so America as a whole makes an educated decision on who will be their president.

ronpaulyourmom
09-18-2007, 09:07 AM
I don't know much about this stuff, I actually know nothing about the constitution to be honest so please double check my assertions with somebody else, but perhaps you could say:

"Respecting the 2nd amendment is about empowering people. When we fall into the cycle of taking away the freedoms and liberties of our citizens, on guns or any other issue, we breed discontent and, over time, feelings of inferiority. It is a continual cycle of disenfranchisement and lack of respect for human dignity that ultimately brings about hatred and violence. Therefore gun control cannot be considered a solution to violence, and it should instead be thought of as part of the problem. Protecting the 2nd amendment is first and foremost about promoting peace and understanding."

and

"Respecting the 2nd amendment doesn't necessarily mean you'll have people walking around with guns everywhere they go, because you have to respect private property laws in this country."

ross11988
09-18-2007, 09:14 AM
well the people going to this obviously still respect the constitution so I dont see why wouldnt respect Ron Paul. Damn I wish I had more slim jims

krott5333
09-18-2007, 09:15 AM
talk about how genocide is usually preceded by gun confiscation, and gun confiscation is preceded by gun registration.

obviously you'll need to research your history to back that up.

just do a google search for "gun control genocide"

here's a starter: http://www.gunownersalliance.com/kopel.htm

krott5333
09-18-2007, 09:16 AM
well the people going to this obviously still respect the constitution so I dont see why wouldnt respect Ron Paul. Damn I wish I had more slim jims

get in contact with your local meetup group (if applicable) and make it a rally!

be sure to remind everyone that Ron Paul is THE Pro-Constitution candidate

ross11988
09-18-2007, 09:17 AM
o yea thanks for reminding me, ill bring up hitler, stalin, mao. how all of them took away guns and look now

ross11988
09-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Well just got back it was a pretty popular thing, the line was outside the lecture hall they had on campus. And im in line and I see people with Ron Paul flyers, and there was a guy handing them out alreay!!!. So that was awesome, the guy knew great stuff, he was the star of the debate. Hopeing if people keep their promises should have another 5 people joining the meetup group tonight or tomorrow. Cheers.

katao
09-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Great to hear! Keep it up.

ronpaulhawaii
09-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Well just got back it was a pretty popular thing, the line was outside the lecture hall they had on campus. And im in line and I see people with Ron Paul flyers, and there was a guy handing them out alreay!!!. So that was awesome, the guy knew great stuff, he was the star of the debate. Hopeing if people keep their promises should have another 5 people joining the meetup group tonight or tomorrow. Cheers.

Good job, thanks

ross11988
09-19-2007, 05:38 AM
thanks, at least im starting to think that this isnt a party school after all.....

pcosmar
09-19-2007, 06:18 AM
There are some great 2nd amendment posters here.
http://www.a-human-right.com/introduction.html
His site is not RP related, but some great stuff on the 2nd.