PDA

View Full Version : ideas for rp's birthday aug. 20

evilfunnystuff
04-04-2009, 11:41 PM
maybey a book bomb part 2 for the manifesto or something or a huge rally/b-day party in dc or texas and go for a guiness world record?

we have about 4 months to plan and save and get the word out if we get somethin going soon witch would allow us to do somethin big

any ideas?

nate895
04-05-2009, 12:16 AM
I hope he has announced his 2012 campaign and we can do a money bomb.

blocks
04-05-2009, 12:17 AM
I was thinking about flooding his office with Birthday Cards and/or flowers.

StilesBC
04-05-2009, 02:26 AM
Give him the day off.

Bman
04-05-2009, 03:23 AM
I'm sure he's already got one but something like this would probably be cool for Dr. Paul.

http://www.libertybellmuseum.com/MuseumShop/constitutionframed.htm

Of course than again he has been asking for a new car.

Objectivist
04-05-2009, 03:28 AM
How about a CAKE? Cake sounds like a good idea for a birthday, maybe some ice cream if it won't melt too fast.:D

evilfunnystuff
04-05-2009, 04:34 AM
I hope he has announced his 2012 campaign and we can do a money bomb.
you and me both maybey some big ad asking him to start a run but then if he doesnt want to that would probly ruin the day for him

I was thinking about flooding his office with Birthday Cards and/or flowers.

i imagine that will probably happen without any sort of planning

Give him the day off.

ya i agree and now im thinkin a party/rally thing probly would be more like work for him

I'm sure he's already got one but something like this would probably be cool for Dr. Paul.

http://www.libertybellmuseum.com/Mus...tionframed.htm

Of course than again he has been asking for a new car.

ya that would be pretty kool but im not sure if we would be allowed to give "gifts"

maybe a jeep liberty lol

How about a CAKE? Cake sounds like a good idea for a birthday, maybe some ice cream if it won't melt too fast.

mmmmm cake

evilfunnystuff
04-05-2009, 04:36 AM
maybe a nationwide high tide ad or a full page ad in the new york times or wall street journal or somethin promoting the campaign for liberty

A. Havnes
04-05-2009, 07:12 AM
A new car! Namely, a red, white, and blue convertible.

evilfunnystuff
04-05-2009, 07:20 AM
A new car! Namely, a red, white, and blue convertible.

im not sure if he would be allowed to accept giftsespecialy of such high value due to ethics rules/laws but i bet a lot of the other congress critters would be jealous :D

ItsTime
04-05-2009, 07:31 AM
maybe a nationwide high tide ad or a full page ad in the new york times or wall street journal or somethin promoting the campaign for liberty

Radio ad bomb! Get Campaign 4 Liberty ads on talk shows like Imus, Beck, Rush, Hannity. Buy local ad spots so its cheaper. More people listen to the radio than read papers.

Deborah K
04-05-2009, 08:44 AM
What if we did a RPFs collage of pictures of us?

Slist
04-05-2009, 09:25 AM
A nice billboard he would see with "Happy Birthday Ron Paul. We thank you for [curing our apathy or anything we really thank him for]". Something like that.

I think it's his birthday. We should honor him without making specific ads for CFL. And for those only interested in a mediatic effect... a sincere thank you to a politician? That's something unique and makes people wonder (and google his name)

rancher89
04-05-2009, 10:44 AM
A nice billboard he would see with "Happy Birthday Ron Paul. We thank you for [curing our apathy or anything we really thank him for]". Something like that.

AND

Combined?

rpfan2008
04-05-2009, 11:14 AM
I will personally make a Ron Paul graphic

Kludge
04-05-2009, 11:30 AM

AND

Combined?

+ Cookies

MelissaCato
04-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Happy Birthday BLIMPS !!!

Chase
04-05-2009, 07:49 PM
What about we chip in for a national paper full-page ad wishing him happy birthday, with a short open letter thanking him for his service, then deliver him one in a frame? The ad could include the name of all the donors in small print on the bottom.

nayjevin
04-05-2009, 08:24 PM

yes he would want you to promote liberty, not him, methinks

malkusm
04-05-2009, 08:34 PM
My birthday is the next day, somebody should get me a birthday present and set up a joint birthday meeting.... :D

Valli6
04-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Maybe he'd like a historical tree.
At American Forests you can buy offspring of:

George Washington's Red Maple
Osage Orange from Patrick Henry's home
James Madison's Red Maple
or Andrew Jackson's Southern Magnolia
$39.95
http://www.historictrees.org/amerevo.html#

nate895
04-05-2009, 09:58 PM
My birthday is the next day, somebody should get me a birthday present and set up a joint birthday meeting.... :D

A joint birthday meeting with Ron Paul is a birthday present.

BuddyRey
04-05-2009, 10:02 PM
How about a CAKE? Cake sounds like a good idea for a birthday, maybe some ice cream if it won't melt too fast.:D

Good idea!

Anyone know what the Doc's favorite ice cream flavor is? Someone should find out!

We could even start up a little forum pool. My money's on Butter Pecan!

politicsNproverbs
04-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Happy Birthday BLIMPS !!!

Ha! I so loved those blimps. Bring 'em back!

I also like the tree(s) idea.

----------

How about getting him on Oprah? (of course that would be like "work" also), but...

Didn't know it was his b-day coming up this summer, but the other night, after over 20+ years of watching Oprah off and on, I zapped her a STRING of "Show Suggestions" from her website (just out of a build-up of disgust, mainly, at the fluff, celeb-dom baloney, always Suze Orman re: finances, always Dr. Oz re: medical, etc. etc.)

In a Nice but "bold" way I told her she needs some NEW experts on her show who really know what's going on, especially in the financial department, and then gave her 5 or 6 who have been watching the "New World Order Economy" for longer than Suze Orman has been alive, lol, and I included Ron Paul, and asked Oprah, "You would not interview him before the election, so how about NOW?" I said nobody on Capitol Hill understands the economy and what is happening more than Dr. Paul, and did Oprah have the guts to let her audience hear what he has to say, and what he had been saying all along? etc. etc. I said, Funny how right after the "crash" the talking head news networks have wanted him on their show practically every other day; ditto for Peter Schiff, etc. I said these are the "real heroes" we want to see on her show.

I also sent her the link for her staff to go watch "The Obama Deception" documentary, and said, "Don't feel too bad, Oprah, we've all been lied to, so join the club," etc. (again, I was very Nice but "bold.")

Also I told her the Sherry Jackson story and said Oprah needs to go visit/interview Sherry in prison, and now that Obama appointed half a dozen "tax cheats" to his administration (I sent/included the text of news artcle), that she should surely at least be incensed about that, that Obama's tax-cheating friends get big cushy jobs in the govt, while the little black girl from Georgia is stuck in prison for being an IRS Whistleblower, etc.; and I wrote Oprah that she should most definitely contact her "new friends in DC" (Michelle and Obama) and make Obama pardon Sherry's prison term (and I didn't think to mention it until later, she should ask for Wesley Snipes and Irwin Schiff as well!)

So if you're a praying person, pray the Lord smacks Oprah on the head and makes her sit up and take notice of those ideas (which no doubt will be in amongst zillions of others that come in off the 'net).

(I sent all my "suggestions" separately, not in one long rambling discourse. The form will only let you write 2000 characters, which was a real bear, but I chopped them all down sufficiently enough w/o losing the importance of what I was trying to tell her). And somewhere in all of that I said it wouldn't be easy for Oprah to stand up for truth, since some of her "friends" are the very ones helping to suppress it, etc.

I threw in book titles by any of the people who had written them in my "suggestions" (such as Dr. Paul's books, and Griffin's Creature from Jekyll Island book, etc.) and told her she needs to put THESE types of books on her "Book Club" List and let go of the fantasy stuff, etc.

Speaking of Blimps, we should fly one over the prison where Sherry Jackson is. Is there any law against that? Do they have "airspace restrictions" over prisons like they do around DC, etc.?

Slist
04-21-2009, 02:06 AM
Bump!! Let's agree on something!

UtahApocalypse
04-21-2009, 10:46 AM

AND

Combined?

What about we chip in for a national paper full-page ad wishing him happy birthday, with a short open letter thanking him for his service, then deliver him one in a frame? The ad could include the name of all the donors in small print on the bottom.

I think combing these two would be awesome!

Slist
04-21-2009, 11:30 AM
The ad could include the name of all the donors in small print on the bottom.

That's great! Imagine anyone seeing the huge number of people contributing to a simple happy birthday message! That would get a lot of attention!!

MikeStanart
05-16-2009, 09:44 AM
+ Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookies, to be precise.

kathy88
05-16-2009, 10:09 AM
what about we chip in for a national paper full-page ad wishing him happy birthday, with a short open letter thanking him for his service, then deliver him one in a frame? The ad could include the name of all the donors in small print on the bottom.

this.

kathy88
05-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Someone do a poll with the ideas offered and let's see what's most popular.

heavenlyboy34
05-16-2009, 10:18 AM
If he pays my way there and back, I'll play at his birthday party for free! :)

kathy88
05-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Good idea!

Anyone know what the Doc's favorite ice cream flavor is? Someone should find out!

We could even start up a little forum pool. My money's on Butter Pecan!

I'll take carrot with cream cheese icing.