PDA

View Full Version : I just schooled a Fred Thompson campaigner

jcbraithwaite7
09-18-2007, 07:02 AM
I just got a call from the Thompson campaign. The young guy didn't know about the Council on Foreign Relations or the North American Union. He seemed a bit taken back. I think he might actually google CFR. How funny would that be if I converted a campaigner to our side?!? I said, "If I was a casting director I would pick him to be president but as a voter... he is the Paris Hilton of politics. Seriously, McCain-Feingold is his only acheivement" I mentioned that no pro-war candidate is going to win in a general election with everyone being against the war and pissed off with the Republican party. I agreed to listen to a minute recording of Thompson... real folksy sounding good ol' guy swagger and fluff about returning America to it's roots and lookin' out for the Average Joe. After the recording I got another lady who wanted me to make a donation. I told her I was against his membership on CFR and NAU. She said, "Oh... I've heard about the Amero... it isn't going to happen." I went on to tell her that I am not some internet spammer that I am a real person, eductated, conservative and that at this time I will not be making a donation to the Thompson campaign even if they give me a lapel pin and a bumper sticker... I already have a Ron Paul sticker on my car.

I am worried because I think the average guy who isn't going to research his choices may buy the crap they are selling. We have work to do people!

constituent
09-18-2007, 07:58 AM
that's cuz thompson farmed out to a teleservices co.

paul could do the same... it is remarkably cheap, but
really only hits certain demographics. there are much
more efficient ways of generating funds than paying
some teleservices co to work their employees like
hamsters on a wheel.

angelatc
09-18-2007, 07:59 AM
If it's ano lder woman, then the talking point is now that Phyllis Schafly believes that the North AMerican Union is indeed on the agenda, and that was evidenced by her question on the issue last night.

Young people don't know who she is, but she's been a prominent conservative for as long as I've been alive.

win32mfc
09-18-2007, 08:28 AM
I got a call yesterday from Fred Thompson campaign, but mine was an advertisement - an Automated recording (done by Fred Thompson) to invite me to some speech in Florida (and I live in North Carolina; though I did live in Florida 2 years ago) and to go to I'm With Fred.com.

.. spouting rhetoric about the Constitution, limited government and states’ rights that belies his voting record in the Senate. [ article (http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/kramer2.html) ]

I probably need to UN-register as a voter in Florida. I just got my NC voter card back, having changed from "Unaffiliated" to Republican to I can vote in the primaries.

// CHRIS

giskard
09-18-2007, 10:17 AM
"Oh... I've heard about the Amero... it isn't going to happen."
That's what the Europeans said about the Euro.

nullvalu
09-18-2007, 10:49 AM
If it's ano lder woman, then the talking point is now that Phyllis Schafly believes that the North AMerican Union is indeed on the agenda, and that was evidenced by her question on the issue last night.

Young people don't know who she is, but she's been a prominent conservative for as long as I've been alive.

Yep, her and the Eagle Forum actually do a lot of good work. They are not all "anti-Gay, pro-God".. It seems they're real conservatives, without being theocrats. I think they're pretty much to thank for preventing the mandatory HPV vaccinations legislation.

ctb619
09-18-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm not sure I would call McCain-Feingold an "achievement"

Chester Copperpot
09-18-2007, 11:45 AM
that's cuz thompson farmed out to a teleservices co.

paul could do the same... it is remarkably cheap, but
really only hits certain demographics. there are much
more efficient ways of generating funds than paying
some teleservices co to work their employees like
hamsters on a wheel.

I own a telemarketing company and trust me.. the people hired to do Fred's campaign dont care about Fred.. They have little knowledge, no passion and are just waiting for their paycheck at the end of the week...

It is very easy to convert these people when they call you and you should.. I would if they called me..

jcbraithwaite7
09-18-2007, 03:13 PM
I know McCain Feingold is crap.... I said it in a polite yet sarcastic tone.