PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck on Ron Paul

hugolp
04-04-2009, 07:50 AM
Glenn Beck on Ron Paul : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_RItFJrFGQ

ClayTrainor
04-04-2009, 07:55 AM
All respect that i had for Glenn Beck was just thrown out the window...

ItsTime
04-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Glenn Beck just explains why he doesnt understand Ron Paul. Because Beck is a regular person who needs to be spoon fed why the war on terror is bad.

TER
04-04-2009, 07:59 AM
wow. Glenn Beck still doesn't get it. Sad....

Bruno
04-04-2009, 07:59 AM
Well, for starters, he started talking about the Libertarian party, though Ron is not in the Libertarian Party.

Screw Glenn. Though I am glad he brings a voice to the case against the Fed, and other things he talks about, I still don't trust him.

pcosmar
04-04-2009, 08:02 AM
He keeps on and on with the "libertarian" and forgets that Ron Paul is a Republican.
What he was saying was Republican, Small Govt, civil liberty, low tax Republican.

There are just so few Republicans in the Republican Party. It sounds crazy.

Minarchy4Sale
04-04-2009, 08:04 AM
thanks for that. Does beck regularly spend more time on his radio show explaining his position like that?

Madison
04-04-2009, 08:06 AM
His point is entirely valid. Ron Paul to an extent, and many in our movement to a larger extent, fail to present our ideas in a way that people will find receptive in our current state of affairs. Which is why most see us as crazy and irrational.

A. Havnes
04-04-2009, 08:07 AM
I think we're all aware that Glenn Beck doesn't get it...yet. A lot of people don't understand Ron's entire message. This just means we have to be patient, and Beck isn't hindering us right now. He'll probably never endorse Ron Paul, but he's still an honest guy, I think.

I'll keep watching him, and hopefully he'll wake up a little more. He's pushing parts of our message pretty far!

Natalie
04-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Hahaha. All the people who fell for Beck's act just got owned.

MRoCkEd
04-04-2009, 08:08 AM
I wish that caller hadn't brought up the trilateral commission... I agree with Glenn (and Ron Paul, for that matter) that it is more of a conspiracy of like-minded ideas to bring us towards a more global government than an organized society with a precise plan in mind.

Anyway, Glenn Beck is right that it will take time to eliminate all those departments. But Ron Paul has explained that he doesn't actually believe we can take them all out in one week. He brings up his positions to let people know that they should not exist. Does Glenn Beck have a point that by saying he wants to eliminate the "IRS, FBI, CIA, Federal Reserve, etc." all in one sentence made Dr. Paul sound like a kook? Maybe so, but it took a lot of courage and honesty to say those things.

As for foreign policy, I'm glad he agrees that we should work towards bringing our troops home from all around the world. However, this doesn't need to take 25 years as he mentioned. Also, how can we work towards even a very slow withdrawal by sending more troops to places like Afghanistan and Iraq? His warmongering attitude has subsided significantly, though.

Beck has improved dramatically over the past few years, but he still has some points to work on.
As long as he is talking about the things we agree with and having guests on like Ron Paul, though, I am happy that more people are hearing the message.

FrankRep
04-04-2009, 08:11 AM

Glenn Beck is right, ya know.

Minarchy4Sale
04-04-2009, 08:12 AM
His point is entirely valid. Ron Paul to an extent, and many in our movement to a larger extent, fail to present our ideas in a way that people will find receptive in our current state of affairs. Which is why most see us as crazy and irrational.

I agree. It doesnt help that a significant number of Paul supporters are actually ancap globalits, who would prefer that the US actually cease to exist in any meaningful way. That position actually undermines any advances Paul may make. It certainly doesnt make mainstream republicans comfortable with our movement. With 'friends' like that, who needs enemas?

The farther this goes, the more Im tempted to say fuck it, and just take care of my family.

Original_Intent
04-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Glenn Beck just explains why he doesnt understand Ron Paul. Because Beck is a regular person who needs to be spoon fed why the war on terror is bad.

I disagree. I think Beck gets Ron Paul and agrees with him. All I heard in this video was Beck explaining why the AVERAGE (stupid, uninformed) person THINKS that Ron Paul sounds crazy. What I hear is that he agrees on objective, he disagrees on strategy (kind of like the difference between people on this forum, some think the thermite report shouls be in Hot Topics, some people thing it should be in General Politics.)

I don't think GB is 100% awake yet, but i do think he is getting there. Anyone that would discard Beck over this segment either wasn't lilstening or only heard what they wanted to hear.

The worst offense I heard was him being dismissive of the Trilateral Commision, he obviously still thanks TLC is still "conspiracy talk" or at least he thinks that will play well with his audience. GB is definitely a mixed bag, but I still think he is the best we got and I think he is coming around more and more.

TER
04-04-2009, 08:15 AM

NOT on foreign policy.

Minarchy4Sale
04-04-2009, 08:15 AM

Funny. Up till 5 minutes ago I hated Becks guts. Now I think he has an honest disagreement with us.

FrankRep
04-04-2009, 08:17 AM
NOT on foreign policy.

We have to slowly dismantle all these unconstitutional organizations. Things won't and CAN'T change over night, it will take time.

werdd
04-04-2009, 08:18 AM
He admitted he is spoonfeeding these ideas slowly, Ron Paul is more rash, and his style jives more with us. People not accustomed to hearing about ideas of liberty are becks target, and eventually they might arrive where we are.

DAFTEK
04-04-2009, 08:18 AM
I have to say, I called him a SNAKE, and i still take him with a grain of salt, BUT!

He does have a point in this one show and i now can better understand him. Personally i just gave him a bit more credibility with this one speech because i feel the same way sometimes talking to friends about RP! Some of the stuff is too much and over the top even for me, yet i voted for RP and CB. Some here will dismiss you and attack you as a RP traitor for not agreeing 100% with a Libertarian view and this only pushes people back to believing RP camp is crazy!

TER
04-04-2009, 08:19 AM
We have to slowly dismantle all these unconstitutional organizations. Things won't and CAN'T change over night, it will take time.

Yes, the organizations. Of course. No one is arguing that.

But stopping the wars, bringing the troops back, and repenting of past military misadventures which have bankrupt this nation can be done in weeks.

Minarchy4Sale
04-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Yes, the organizations. Of course. No one is arguing that.

But stopping the wars, bringing the troops back, and repenting of past military misadventures which have bankrupt this nation can be done in weeks.

In fairness,the bailouts cause the wars to pale in comparison... I honestly thought nothing could be a bigger waste of money than Iraq... I was wrong.

pcosmar
04-04-2009, 08:23 AM
He admitted he is spoonfeeding these ideas slowly, Ron Paul is more rash, and his style jives more with us. People not accustomed to hearing about ideas of liberty are becks target, and eventually they might arrive where we are.

I am more convinced all the time that Dr Paul's real purpose was to be a cold bucket of water to wake people up.
I think he knew what is coming and knows that it could not be stopped, but wanted as many awake as possible. The Revolution was to awaken the resistance.

TER
04-04-2009, 08:23 AM
In fairness,the bailouts cause the wars to pale in comparison... I honestly thought nothing could be a bigger waste of money than Iraq... I was wrong.

Stopping the wars would be the first place to stop the bleeding while reforming the monetary system and the FED.

Original_Intent
04-04-2009, 08:25 AM

Depends on the value you put on a human life. The hundreds of thousands of Iraqi lives and the thousands of U.S. lives lost over the misbegotten war outweigh the trillions we will end up losing to the financial mess.

The bailouts are huge, I just think the massive loss of life from the unjust wars is more of a stain upon our country.

DAFTEK
04-04-2009, 08:25 AM
I disagree. I think Beck gets Ron Paul and agrees with him. All I heard in this video was Beck explaining why the AVERAGE (stupid, uninformed) person THINKS that Ron Paul sounds crazy. What I hear is that he agrees on objective, he disagrees on strategy (kind of like the difference between people on this forum, some think the thermite report should be in Hot Topics, some people thing it should be in General Politics.)

I don't think GB is 100% awake yet, but i do think he is getting there. Anyone that would discard Beck over this segment either wasn't listening or only heard what they wanted to hear.

The worst offense I heard was him being dismissive of the Trilateral Commission, he obviously still thanks TLC is still "conspiracy talk" or at least he thinks that will play well with his audience. GB is definitely a mixed bag, but I still think he is the best we got and I think he is coming around more and more .

Good post and i hope people read this carefully! :cool: One comment thou, about TLC, i think GB was sarcastic at the end trying to prove just that things like TLC is so far over the edge that regular people view as conspiracy! I totally agree here.

Cowlesy
04-04-2009, 08:29 AM

Yep, and my hipshot reaction is to get mad, but he's right in that you need to spoonfeed people this stuff.

Frankly I think he does this a lot on his show. I keep seeing libertarian ideas in all his segments, but he's not coming out and saying anything radical. Slow conditioning. He has great libertarian guests on like Penn Gillette, Mark Skousen and Judge Napolitano.

Beck was WRONG in stating that Ron Paul wanted to just ELIMINATE all these departments. Beck was RIGHT that it took 150 years of bologna to get to this point, and it will take TIME to reduce or eliminate many of these things. He even supported our bringing our troops home from overseas.

Beck and I would DISAGREE about the timeframe (I want it much sooner..and he wants it gradually), but we would AGREE that they need to come home.

Yes, he is unhinged and sometimes downright immature and mean-spirited, but he's got a big audience and he's putting a ton of great ideas out there. That, and he gaves Ron Paul a lot of airtime...he and Cavuto.

arbnranger
04-04-2009, 08:43 AM
I disagree. I think Beck gets Ron Paul and agrees with him. All I heard in this video was Beck explaining why the AVERAGE (stupid, uninformed) person THINKS that Ron Paul sounds crazy. What I hear is that he agrees on objective, he disagrees on strategy (kind of like the difference between people on this forum, some think the thermite report shouls be in Hot Topics, some people thing it should be in General Politics.)

I don't think GB is 100% awake yet, but i do think he is getting there. Anyone that would discard Beck over this segment either wasn't lilstening or only heard what they wanted to hear.

The worst offense I heard was him being dismissive of the Trilateral Commision, he obviously still thanks TLC is still "conspiracy talk" or at least he thinks that will play well with his audience. GB is definitely a mixed bag, but I still think he is the best we got and I think he is coming around more and more.

I agree 100% with your post.

Meatwasp
04-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Beck is right. Everything has to be changed on a gradual scale. Take heed how the communists are slowly taking over our country

angelatc
04-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Beck was WRONG in stating that Ron Paul wanted to just ELIMINATE all these departments. Beck was RIGHT that it took 150 years of bologna to get to this point, and it will take TIME to reduce or eliminate many of these things.

That's partly the fault of the media and partly the fault of Ron Paul. Being forced to speak in sound bytes makes it impossible to explain a entire philosophy.

The media parrots Paul's "abolish big government" statements, and not his "stop paying for the defense of other nations and take care of our own people!" messages.

(Meatwasp! good to see you!)

Rangeley
04-04-2009, 09:04 AM
The only people who got owned were the poor strawmen who believed Beck agreed completely with Ron Paul in every aspect.

This interview actually showed he's closer to us than I expected - he even agrees with the ends of having a non-interventionist foreign policy, but not on initiating it instantly. His criticism of Ron Paul wanting things instantly was mostly wrong (he has said many times he would phase programs out,) but on foreign policy it is a valid criticism insofar as it would be an instant transformation with Ron Paul, and not gradual.

I think its a good thing to have Beck talking about the gold standard, the fed, monetary policy, the dangers of debt, international currency... even as he disagrees in other areas, its a net plus. It makes our job easier for the very reason he pointed out - we are so far from the Constitution at this point, when people talk about going back to it, it can be too big to swallow for the average person. By having someone agree with us on some key areas - someone with a huge audience - it helps make the idea of following the Constitution become less "radical" and much easier for people to swallow.

ladyjade3
04-04-2009, 09:05 AM
He was misrepresenting Ron Paul's positions so he could knock them down as a straw man. He should know better.

Can I get a face palm?

qh4dotcom
04-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Beck and I would DISAGREE about the timeframe (I want it much sooner..and he wants it gradually), but we would AGREE that they need to come home.

The troops need to come home sooner than Beck's 25 years....the country will be bankrupt long before then...the troops will be forced to come home before then.

The_Orlonater
04-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Why does it have to be 25-30 years, Glenn? The sooner the better, we're wasting resources that have no return on investment. Looks like Glenn, should read one of Rothbard's political philosophy books.

Theocrat
04-04-2009, 09:14 AM
I think the gist of what Glenn Beck was saying is that not everything in our country is done by conspiracy. There are many ideas which go against the first principles of our republic that are expressed openly to the public. That's why Beck talked about transnational legal theorists (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnational_law) like Harold Koh who are in the process of holding federal positions within the executive branch, even though his principles undermine our national sovereignty.

Rangeley
04-04-2009, 09:22 AM
I think the gist of what Glenn Beck was saying is that not everything in our country is done by conspiracy. There are many ideas which go against the first principles of our republic that are expressed openly to the public. That's why Beck talked about transnational legal theorists (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnational_law) like Harold Koh who are in the process of holding federal positions within the executive branch, even though his principles undermine our national sovereignty.
Yea, that was one of his points at least. And hes right about it.

IPSecure
04-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Beck is a POS, and I do not mean point of sale...

sluggo
04-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Beck ain't no libertarian.

tonesforjonesbones
04-04-2009, 09:34 AM
I agree with Glenn Beck. The media made Ron Paul to be a kook..and if you think of all the people who have been brainwashed by said media for years...of course Ron Paul would appear to be a kook. Now, some of us were able to latch onto Dr. Paul's message immediately...and many others will have to be spoonfed. Perhaps Dr. Paul is the fast track to Liberty and Glenn Beck is the slow track to Liberty...either way we will , hopefully, meet at the end. Some will get there quicker than others. I believe Beck is even coming around on entangling alliences and spreading the military all over...he did say he was a Libertarian in conversion. Perhaps some of what Ron Paul said on his shows led him to the truth..and that's a good thing. If Glenn Beck turns out to be a poser, and many people have taken the message...THE MESSAGE, and researched it, and come to Liberty....that's ok too. It's the MESSAGE..remember? Ron Paul has always said that...and right now, Beck is getting that message to the dittoheads. TONES

silverhawks
04-04-2009, 09:41 AM
The IRS DOES need to be done on Thursday!

It is not going to take 100 years to get rid of all of these institutions. True, it won't be done overnight - but then, I don't believe Ron Paul has ever said it would be done quickly. But 100 years? That's not taking them away AT ALL.

He was trying to talk over the caller, and keep her off the air, because it was pulling the message back to Ron Paul.

Beck wants to keep troops in Iraq - he called pulling troops out insanity, advocating keeping them there for 25-30 years.

And then they mocked the woman for talking about the Trilateral Commission? Why is that Glenn, is that because all that "conspiracy theory stuff" is crazy? You, who have been crying your eyes out over the NWO and FEMA camps?

Ladies and gents - all Beck is is a neo-con shill.

Come on, he was attempting to redefine what libertarian means...which is exactly what this 9/12 bullshit is. This is the neo-con movement REBRANDING by trying to take over the message of the Liberty Movement. Watch out for a third party split away from the Republicans with a lot of old neo-con leaders that have "come to the error of their ways"....think that once they get re-elected, they'll keep ANY promises?

Or just pick another corner of the world to bomb into submission?

silverhawks
04-04-2009, 09:44 AM
I agree with Glenn Beck. The media made Ron Paul to be a kook..and if you think of all the people who have been brainwashed by said media for years...of course Ron Paul would appear to be a kook. Now, some of us were able to latch onto Dr. Paul's message immediately...and many others will have to be spoonfed. Perhaps Dr. Paul is the fast track to Liberty and Glenn Beck is the slow track to Liberty...either way we will , hopefully, meet at the end. Some will get there quicker than others. I believe Beck is even coming around on entangling alliences and spreading the military all over...he did say he was a Libertarian in conversion. Perhaps some of what Ron Paul said on his shows led him to the truth..and that's a good thing. If Glenn Beck turns out to be a poser, and many people have taken the message...THE MESSAGE, and researched it, and come to Liberty....that's ok too. It's the MESSAGE..remember? Ron Paul has always said that...and right now, Beck is getting that message to the dittoheads. TONES

Tones, I would have agreed with you before I saw this vid, but now it seems Beck is getting the message out that "real" libertarianism (something he is defining by the way) is wanting the IRS for the next 100 years, and US troops in the Middle East for 30 years. Libertarian in conversion? More like converting libertarians.

Come on, the crocodile tears alone should tell us that he isn't genuine. The man can't even fake that he's sad for the state of this country right now.

jrich4rpaul
04-04-2009, 09:50 AM
I think the point Beck makes starting at 4:30 in the video makes his argument completely valid. He doesn't think Ron Paul is a kook, he thinks the way Ron goes about conveying his ideas makes him sound like a kook to the average person who needs a message like that spoon fed to them a little at a time, because they're so used to the main stream ideas. After decades of being built up to think all these government programs are good for us and we cannot function without them, being told we should shut them all down as soon as possible is going to get the average person nervous.

I find nothing wrong with that argument.

tonesforjonesbones
04-04-2009, 09:54 AM
I think this is why the young folks latched onto Ron Paul much quicker....because these are NEW ideas...for the youth who are just starting out...change is VERY hard for older folks because they 've had more brainwashin time. BECK is for the old folks and Ron is for the youth..i think it's a good balance. (everything OLD becomes NEW again). tones

silverhawks
04-04-2009, 09:54 AM
I think the gist of what Glenn Beck was saying is that not everything in our country is done by conspiracy.

Look at the ACTUAL meaning of conspiracy.

A civil conspiracy or collusion is an agreement between two or more parties to deprive a third party of legal rights or deceive a third party to obtain an illegal objective.

A conspiracy may also refer to a group of people who make an agreement to form a partnership in which each member becomes the agent or partner of every other member and engage in planning or agreeing to commit some act.

It's not necessary that the conspirators be involved in all stages of planning or be aware of all details.

Any voluntary agreement and some overt act by one conspirator in furthance of the plan are the main elements necessary to prove a conspiracy.

A conspiracy may exist whether legal means are used to accomplish illegal results, or illegal means used to accomplish something legal.

Even when no crime is involved, a civil action for conspiracy may be brought by the persons who were damaged.

How much of that actually matches up to what goes on in Congress these days?

silverhawks
04-04-2009, 09:57 AM
I think the point Beck makes starting at 4:30 in the video makes his argument completely valid. He doesn't think Ron Paul is a kook, he thinks the way Ron goes about conveying his ideas makes him sound like a kook to the average person who needs a message like that spoon fed to them a little at a time, because they're so used to the main stream ideas. After decades of being built up to think all these government programs are good for us and we cannot function without them, being told we should shut them all down as soon as possible is going to get the average person nervous.

I wouldn't, until I consider that by expounding upon them at that particular moment, he's stopping someone talking about their views on Ron Paul, and replacing them with his views. He cut the woman off as soon as he could, and then derided her views.

hugolp
04-04-2009, 09:57 AM
The problem with Glenn Beck is that he thinks nothing can be done. He is all about spiritual change, but nothing in reality.

Ron Paul on the other hand is all about real life change. Ron Paul's message is a lot more positive than Glenn Beck.

I dont know about the "real intentions" or whats in the mind of Glenn Beck but, if he is for real, he should loose this pesimisitc view of the world. He allways acts like everything its lost alredy.

Theocrat
04-04-2009, 09:58 AM

Yes, I agree with Glenn Beck on that point, too. However, I think Beck is mistaken about Congressman Paul's strategy to abolish such agencies as the FBI and IRS. Dr. Paul doesn't want to get rid of them overnight, and he has admitted that many times in his media interviews. He believes in transition periods to phase out these bureaucracies, and I think Beck should have made that clear to his audience.

silverhawks
04-04-2009, 10:01 AM
The problem with Glenn Beck is that he thinks nothing can be done. He is all about spiritual change, but nothing in reality.

Ron Paul on the other hand is all about real life change. Ron Paul's message is a lot more positive than Glenn Beck.

I dont know about the "real intentions" or whats in the mind of Glenn Beck but, if he is for real, he should loose this pesimisitc view of the world. He allways acts like everything its lost alredy.

I think its more accurate to say he PROJECTS that view.

DAFTEK
04-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Beck ain't no libertarian.

Neither am i! :)

Madison
04-04-2009, 10:06 AM
...and right now, Beck is getting that message to the dittoheads.

Correct, and that's all that matters. People here can criticize him all they want for not representing our views accurately, but with his methods he is reaching people we never will.

DAFTEK
04-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Correct, and that's all that matters. People here can criticize him all they want for not representing our views accurately, but with his methods he is reaching people we never will.

But i still want him to talk about Obama's birth certificate! HEAR THAT Mr. BECK? :p

muh_roads
04-04-2009, 10:22 AM
No you can't phase things out in a week but stuff NEEDS to be phased out within 4-8 years so the next administration can't utilize the stuff in place now. If I could call into Beck that is what I would say, and I bet I could get him to agree.

Also that other dumbass put words in Paul's mouth. Paul never said 9/11 happened because we were bombing Iraq. Rudy put those words in his mouth.

rp08orbust
04-04-2009, 10:24 AM
By Glenn Beck's reasoning, the US should have gradually phased out slavery over 100 years (or even longer--slavery, after all, had been around for 300 years!) instead of banning it with one rash amendment.

Madison
04-04-2009, 10:26 AM
But i still want him to talk about Obama's birth certificate! HEAR THAT Mr. BECK? :p

I thought WorldNetDaily had that covered :cool:

Isaac Bickerstaff
04-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Beck has just made himself irrelevant. The keyword is "compromise". If "libertarians" like Beck aim for what they think will be palatable instead of what they believe in, after the compromise, they will be 3/4 on the side they oppose and get maybe 1/4 of what they want. Do this 3 or 4 times and your position does not exist anymore.

Yes, we realize that the normal doofus like Beck probably does not have enough capacity in his brainpan to understand what we are talking about, but if we concede too much before the compromise, we will never gain anything.

"I'm a libertarian". . . It sounds dirty when it comes from him.

tonesforjonesbones
04-04-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm sick of purists who dont' want the LP to grow. tones

sluggo
04-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know if Beck has addressed the Patriot Act?

DAFTEK
04-04-2009, 10:34 AM
I thought WorldNetDaily had that covered :cool:

Yeah, but i want BECK to prove FAUX ain't FAUX anymore :p

MRoCkEd
04-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Does anyone know if Beck has addressed the Patriot Act?
He hasn't repudiated it.
I know he supported it with sunset provisions. He did mention recently though the concept of giving up liberty for security, and how the republicans had us give up liberty for one type of security while the democrats are doing it for another type (economic).

tonesforjonesbones
04-04-2009, 10:37 AM
I recall that Rupert the zionist handed Fox over to his son who made the statement that FOX would be changing directions somewhat...I think this is what we are seeing. tones

rp08orbust
04-04-2009, 10:39 AM
I think women were given the vote way too fast--it should have been phased in over at least 30 years, maybe 100.

Brian4Liberty
04-04-2009, 10:42 AM
We had many threads during the campaign about who controls the media, and why they were biased against Ron Paul. That interview was a prime example.

I assume that the unseen voice was Glenn Beck's producer? Did you notice how he was much more aggressive in making fun of Ron Paul, twisting Ron Paul's message (especially about blow-back), poo-pooing the TLC?

The media is controlled at all levels, by like minded individuals, but never underestimate the influence of the low level producers, editors, etc...

DAFTEK
04-04-2009, 10:45 AM
"I'm a libertarian". . . It sounds dirty when it comes from him.

I'm not a Libertarian, should i pack my bags discredit RP and go just because? :rolleyes:

For all i care Libertarians, Democrats, Republicans, and all of the rest of them can GFTS! :p

I was a true believer in Ronald Reagan republican until Bush's turned me off to them! The more parties the more we drift to Socialism/Communism.

I don't believe in any party anymore but i will always be a RR Republican! I believe in moral right and wrong to a certain degree and believe the Constitution to be more important then a bible or religion and that's why i was attracted to Ron Paul and alike. Am i wrong?

sailor
04-04-2009, 10:54 AM

No that is not true. We seem like kooks to people, because the media present us as kooks to people. That is media including Glen Beck. In fact he is one of the worst hacks n this regard. Tinfoil hat people anyone?

Crybaby Beck can go cry me a river.. :) He is such a capital L loser in the brains department...

TheConstitutionLives
04-04-2009, 10:57 AM

Why? You guys are over analyzing this, about like everything else. Beck has had the man on more than anyone yet folks here spend more time bitching about him than others. Rediculous.

Brian4Liberty
04-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Anyway, Glenn Beck is right that it will take time to eliminate all those departments. But Ron Paul has explained that he doesn't actually believe we can take them all out in one week. He brings up his positions to let people know that they should not exist. Does Glenn Beck have a point that by saying he wants to eliminate the "IRS, FBI, CIA, Federal Reserve, etc." all in one sentence made Dr. Paul sound like a kook? Maybe so, but it took a lot of courage and honesty to say those things.

Well, Ron became a little more "realistic" later on in the campaign.

Ron's shtick (same on most of his stump speeches, even before the election), was "I will eliminate the IRS on the first day, the Fed on this day, the Dept of Education on this day" etc. I always took it as a humorous way to explain his priorities. It got a lot of applause. It energized people. I never took it seriously (or believed that Ron was 100% serious at the time). Later on, Ron went into more detail about how those changes would take time, but it may have been too late. He was already branded as a crazy, and that's the way the majority of the media wanted it.

Glenn Beck didn't do us any favors by repeating that "humorous" example as if that was actually Ron Paul's complete position on what could realistically be accomplished.

TheConstitutionLives
04-04-2009, 10:59 AM
No that is not true. We seem like kooks to people, because the media present us as kooks to people. That is media including Glen Beck. In fact he is one of the worst hacks n this regard. Tinfoil hat people anyone?

Crybaby Beck can go cry me a river.. :) He is such a capital L loser in the brains department...

Sorry, yes, that IS true. Beck is saying that you can't dismantle the entire country in a week and you have to be careful talking about dismantling things b/c it looks rediculous to the general public. That's the truth.

Brian4Liberty
04-04-2009, 11:01 AM
By Glenn Beck's reasoning, the US should have gradually phased out slavery over 100 years (or even longer--slavery, after all, had been around for 300 years!) instead of banning it with one rash amendment.

Isn't that how most of the world phased it out? Gradually?

rp08orbust
04-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Glenn Beck didn't do us any favors by repeating that "humorous" example as if that was actually Ron Paul's complete position on what could realistically be accomplished.

Glenn knows he's misrepresenting Ron Paul by exaggerating the speed with which Ron Paul thinks he could implement his agenda. There is something about Ron Paul that annoys Glenn Beck to the point where he could never fully respect him, even if he ends up agreeing with Ron 100% one day.

Brian4Liberty
04-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Stopping the wars would be the first place to stop the bleeding while reforming the monetary system and the FED.

In all fairness, stopping the bail-outs would be easy. There is a lot of work involved in bringing troops back though.

Brian4Liberty
04-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Glenn knows he's misrepresenting Ron Paul by exaggerating the speed with which Ron Paul thinks he could implement his agenda. There is something about Ron Paul that annoys Glenn Beck to the point where he could never fully respect him, even if he ends up agreeing with Ron 100% one day.

Yeah. I also think the unseen voices influence Beck. You heard the reinforcement on that video. Beck has his handlers.

TheConstitutionLives
04-04-2009, 11:08 AM
We had many threads during the campaign about who controls the media, and why they were biased against Ron Paul. That interview was a prime example.

I assume that the unseen voice was Glenn Beck's producer? Did you notice how he was much more aggressive in making fun of Ron Paul, twisting Ron Paul's message (especially about blow-back), poo-pooing the TLC?

The media is controlled at all levels, by like minded individuals, but never underestimate the influence of the low level producers, editors, etc...

- I had to roll my eyes when the lady started talking about "Trilats" as if the Trilats control the world. She made herself, Paul, and his supporters look goofy and overly paranoid. Not only was it what she said but she shouldn't even be calling him about this anyway. Who gives a F? Beck has had the man on when no one else would touch him. I think Beck is bipolar BUT calling him and saying what she said is flat out dumb. The campaign has been over for a long time. Beck is right, why didn't she call Rush or Hannity or Levin or ANYONE who's not had him on more than Beck? Good grief. She obviously meant well but she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer obviously.

sailor
04-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Sorry, yes, that IS true. Beck is saying that you can't dismantle the entire country in a week and you have to be careful talking about dismantling things b/c it looks rediculous to the general public. That's the truth.

Beck is a moron.

He doesn`t have an argument to say against Paul so he goes on about some petty shit.

TheConstitutionLives
04-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Yeah. I also think the unseen voices influence Beck. You heard the reinforcement on that video. Beck has his handlers.

- Oh good god. His 'handlers'? Are you kidding? That guy has been with Beck for many many YEARS.

TheConstitutionLives
04-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Beck is a moron.

He doesn`t have an argument to say against Paul so he goes on about some petty shit.

Uh... he just said in the video that he agrees with getting rid of all the things Paul says we should abolish, the difference is how to go about doing it. I don't know what some of you expect. Everyone is never going to agree with everyone on everything.

rp08orbust
04-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Isn't that how most of the world phased it out? Gradually?

It was gradually phased out over (most of) the globe, but within each jurisdiction, there was, at some specific point in time, an emancipation of slaves.

rp08orbust
04-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Uh... he just said in the video that he agrees with getting rid of all the things Paul says we should abolish

He can say that all he wants, but giving the government 100 years to phase out the warfare state is a great way to ensure that we will be at war for another 100 years.

StilesBC
04-04-2009, 11:18 AM
I still remain a Beck skeptic. But I agreed with him more than I didn't in this clip. I can't say that for many other people I've had the misfortune of listening to...

TheConstitutionLives
04-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Look at the ACTUAL meaning of conspiracy.

How much of that actually matches up to what goes on in Congress these days?

- Over analyzing. Consipiracy is viewed two different ways 1) Kookery 2) non-kookery

Theocrat is talking about the kookery version.

TheConstitutionLives
04-04-2009, 11:25 AM
wow. Glenn Beck still doesn't get it. Sad....

I think it's the lady who doesn't get it. She shouldn't even be calling Beck about this when the man has had him on more than anyone. Everyone keeps forgetting that.

ClayTrainor
04-04-2009, 11:26 AM
I think it's the lady who doesn't get it. She shouldn't even be calling Beck about this when the man has had him on more than anyone. Everyone keeps forgetting that.

It is a valid point...

Deborah K
04-04-2009, 11:28 AM
He can say that all he wants, but giving the government 100 years to phase out the warfare state is a great way to ensure that we will be at war for another 100 years.

They won't need 100 years to phase out war. They'll do it by convincing the masses that global governance (aka the NWO) will end all wars and finally create peace upon the earth. Think about it.

AuH20
04-04-2009, 11:29 AM
I agree with Beck completely about Ron Paul. Aside from a violent revolution (which I support), we can't completely dismantle these bureaucratic departments instantaneously. Its just not feasible given the intentional barriers which have been erected.

TheConstitutionLives
04-04-2009, 11:29 AM
He was misrepresenting Ron Paul's positions so he could knock them down as a straw man. He should know better.

Can I get a face palm?

- If you really believe that Ladyjade then you shouldn't schedule Paul to be on Beck's shows ever again.

TheConstitutionLives
04-04-2009, 11:31 AM
I agree with Beck completely about Ron Paul. Aside from a violent revolution, we can't completely dismantle these bureaucratic departments instantaneously. Its just not feasible given the intentional barriers which have been erected.

- Exactly. If Paul were somehow magically elected the congress isn't going to just bend over and do whatever Paul wants to do. If he started abolishing departments via Executive Order they would impeach him. We have some on here who aren't looking at this realistically. There are alot of obstacles even after being president.

Meatwasp
04-04-2009, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE=Isaac Bickerstaff;2058574]Beck has just made himself irrelevant. The keyword is "compromise". If "libertarians" like Beck aim for what they think will be palatable instead of what they believe in, after the compromise, they will be 3/4 on the side they oppose and get maybe 1/4 of what they want. Do this 3 or 4 times and your position does not exist anymore.

ugh the thousand deaths of COMPROMISE

rp08orbust
I agree with Beck completely about Ron Paul. Aside from a violent revolution (which I support), we can't completely dismantle these bureaucratic departments instantaneously. Its just not feasible given the intentional barriers which have been erected.

When did Ron Paul ever claim that they could be dismantled "instantaneously"? He didn't: Glenn Beck put that idea in your head.

Brian4Liberty
- Oh good god. His 'handlers'? Are you kidding? That guy has been with Beck for many many YEARS.

So he's had that guy whispering in his ear for many years that Ron Paul is a loon? ;)

You don't have to call him a "handler" if you don't want to. How about "influential co-worker"?

"Handler" might imply that somewhere along the line, someone else told him to steer Beck in a certain direction. No proof of that. Wouldn't call it unlikely though.

constituent
04-04-2009, 11:34 AM

Once again, speaks volumes about you. Show me where Ron Paul said we can or should "completely dismantle... instantaneously."

He hasn't, so you agree with Beck completely about Ron Paul why again?

('cuz he's on t.v., that's why!)

AuH20
04-04-2009, 11:34 AM

C'mon. There is no greater ally in the media for Ron Paul than Beck. He just compared him to the Founding Fathers? How is that bad?

AuH20
04-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Once again, speaks volumes about you. Show me where Ron Paul said we can or should "completely dismantle... instantaneously."

Ron Paul implied this during his stump speeches, but its debatable whether he truly didn't mean a rapid dissolution of some of these departments. Thats what Beck was discussing. It sounds crazy to the average person who reads People religiously and has TMZ on their favorite bookmarks.

TheConstitutionLives
04-04-2009, 11:36 AM
C'mon. There is no greater ally in the media for Ron Paul than Beck. He just compared him to the Founding Fathers? How is that bad?

- Some think it's bad for anyone to not agree with Paul on every detail. If you don't agree 110% you're a neo-con shill. LOL

reduen
04-04-2009, 11:38 AM
i disagree. I think beck gets ron paul and agrees with him. All i heard in this video was beck explaining why the average (stupid, uninformed) person thinks that ron paul sounds crazy. What i hear is that he agrees on objective, he disagrees on strategy (kind of like the difference between people on this forum, some think the thermite report shouls be in hot topics, some people thing it should be in general politics.)

i don't think gb is 100% awake yet, but i do think he is getting there. Anyone that would discard beck over this segment either wasn't lilstening or only heard what they wanted to hear.

The worst offense i heard was him being dismissive of the trilateral commision, he obviously still thanks tlc is still "conspiracy talk" or at least he thinks that will play well with his audience. Gb is definitely a mixed bag, but i still think he is the best we got and i think he is coming around more and more.

+1 :)

pcosmar
04-04-2009, 11:38 AM
- I had to roll my eyes when the lady started talking about "Trilats" as if the Trilats control the world. She made herself, Paul, and his supporters look goofy and overly paranoid. Not only was it what she said but she shouldn't even be calling him about this anyway. Who gives a F? Beck has had the man on when no one else would touch him. I think Beck is bipolar BUT calling him and saying what she said is flat out dumb. The campaign has been over for a long time. Beck is right, why didn't she call Rush or Hannity or Levin or ANYONE who's not had him on more than Beck? Good grief. She obviously meant well but she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer obviously.

Still trying to dumb down the opposition. :(

Trilateral Commission

From wiki quick reference only

The Trilateral Commission is a private organization, established to foster closer cooperation between United States, Europe and Japan. It was founded in July 1973, at the initiative of David Rockefeller; who was Chairman of the Council on Foreign Relations at that time. The Trilateral Commission is widely seen as a counterpart to the Council on Foreign Relations.[
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOk6ENxyAh0

The Trilateral Commission is intended to be the vehicle for multinational consolidation of the commercial and banking interests by seizing control of the political government of the United States. The Trilateral Commission represents a skillful, coordinated effort to seize control and consolidate the four centers of power– political, monetary, intellectual and ecclesiastical. What the Trilateral Commission intends is to create a worldwide economic power superior to the political governments of the nation-states involved. As managers and creators of the system, they will rule the future.

Barry Goldwater, former Republican Presidential nominee in “With No Apologies”

TheConstitutionLives
04-04-2009, 11:39 AM

('cuz he's on t.v., that's why!)

Paul gave people misconceptions. For instance, Paul repeatedly said "get rid of the department of education" and the average person thinks he's talking about all public schools when Paul really meant the FEDERAL department, not state. Saying things like that without clarification throws the average person off.

constituent
04-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Ron Paul implied this during his stump speeches, whether he didn't truly mean a rapid dissolution of some of these departments.

on implication... you might be right. but on the other hand, rp frequently mentioned "not overnight." i'm reminded of the lady whose npr program he visited early in the campaign, the one who requested a donation for unicef.

AuH20
04-04-2009, 11:41 AM
- Some think it's bad for anyone to not agree with Paul on every detail. If you don't agree 110% you're a neo-con shill. LOL

At the end of the day, its all about exposure of the Ron Paul message. We can fight each other over meaningless trivialities in our little cyberbubble, but ultimately we're all on the same side. We revere the constitution and promote liberty. It may sound corny but I consider everyone here to be my brother.

TheConstitutionLives
04-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Still trying to dumb down the opposition. :(

Trilateral Commission

From wiki quick reference only

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOk6ENxyAh0

- When you stop wearing makeup like a child at the fair I'll start taking you seriously, pcosmar.

pcosmar
04-04-2009, 11:52 AM
- When you stop wearing makeup like a child at the fair I'll start taking you seriously, pcosmar.

I could give a shit what you think of me. I have not been convinced that you think at all.

If people don't present the truth , then all they (the ignorant masses) have to go on is the distortions of the MSM.

"The most powerful cliques in these elitist groups (Council on Foreign Relations, Trilateral Commission, and others) have ONE objective--to bring about the surrender of the sovereignty and independence of the United States of America. A second clique of international members in the CFR comprises the Wall Street international bankers and their key agents. Primarily, they want the world banking monopoly from whatever power ends up in the control of GLOBAL GOVERNMENT. They would probably prefer that this be an ALL POWERFUL UNITED NATIONS ORGANIZATION; but they are also prepared to deal with and for a ONE-WORLD GOVERNMENT controlled by the Soviet communists if U.S. sovereignty is ever surrendered to them." ― Rear Admiral Chester Ward — former CFR member, Review of the News Apr. 9 1980 pg. 37 (Unseen Hand pg. 197)

"The Trilateral commissions most immediate concern is the creation of a NEW WORLD MONETARY system to replace gold and the dollar as the international exchange with a new currency called Special Drawing Rights (SDRs)." ― Jeremiah Novak, American Opinion July 1977 pg. 12 (Unseen Hand pg. 240)

“These master (Council on Foreign Relations and the Trilateral Commission) interests are working in concert with the masters of the Kremlin in order to create A NEW WORLD ORDER.” ― Senator Jesse Helms

This is not some "Conspiracy Theory" to be brushed off the table and swept away.
These are relevant issues that the ignorant NEED to be informed of.

RonPaulMania
04-04-2009, 11:52 AM
What Beck says is the fundamental issue why people will never come to the message of liberty. People are so brainwashed and people like Ron Paul are ideologues (which isn't bad at all). Ron Paul preaches the pristine ideas of liberty and what Beck said makes perfect sense.

You are not going to repeat some of the things Paul said on the stumping grounds without losing many people simply because it sounds radical.

Listen to Daniel Hannan the last few days. He is eloquent and picks his topics well. I think a Hannan-type would win in this country, but not a Paul type. Paul is so strict on his beliefs he won't realize that not mentioning his ideas explicitly is not commensurate with compromise.

AuH20
04-04-2009, 11:54 AM
I could give a shit what you think of me. I have not been convinced that you think at all.

If people don't present the truth , then all they have to go on is the distortions of the MSM.

This is not some "Conspiracy Theory" to be brushed off the table and swept away.
These are relevant issues that the ignorant NEED to be informed of.

I agree but that woman should have explained the Trilat Commission to Beck in a rational manner. You just don't drop off the Trilat commission in an impromptu conversation. :D The distribution of the Ron Paul message is equivalent to building a house. We need a foundation first and we go from there. That doesn't necessarily mean that the message needs to be diluted like Goldwater's became.

nate895
04-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Umm...I agree with Beck about gradualism. You can't just one day say "everybody, we are scrapping every unconstitutional Federal Dept., have a nice day." We need to either do it peacefully and gradually, or they will force us into war and that is when we can just start over with a clean slate.

Edit: I don't agree that it will take 100 years.

hugolp
04-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Paul is so strict on his beliefs he won't realize that not mentioning his ideas explicitly is not commensurate with compromise.

And that is exactly why so many people joined him. Because he was not bullshiting he was being clear. I think trying to dilude the message and to become just another option is not a good idea. Keeping it real is important, and it is what atracts people.

Obvioulsy its not a good idea to go kamikaze, having an strategy is good, but its important to keep it real.

pcosmar
04-04-2009, 12:17 PM
I agree but that woman should have explained the Trilat Commission to Beck in a rational manner. You just don't drop off the Trilat commission in an impromptu conversation. :D The distribution of the Ron Paul message is equivalent to building a house. We need a foundation first and we go from there. That doesn't necessarily mean that the message needs to be diluted like Goldwater's became.

The Trilateral Commission has been quite active and involved in our affairs for over 30 years.
Beck doesn't KNOW this??? :eek:
Or is he deliberately trying to down play them.
It is his job to Promote Propaganda. NOT to inform.
Never forget that.

rockandrollsouls
04-04-2009, 12:21 PM

Agreed. This was almost encouraging...he said "Ron is the closest person to a founder we have in this country." That's a significant compliment. Didn't really hear anything that made it sound like Beck disliked him or his ideas.

dgr
04-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Two years ago, anyone who said the NAU was real ,was a nut.
Two weeks ago haw many people had even heard of "the new world order" re named this week as Trans National" Coperation.
Wilson in 1937 talked about this, no one understood what he meant.
The pre 1933 Secular Hummanist Manifesto was written in1930, a detailed plan tp take over
public eduation. Now people say how did this happen?
It is impossible to get "true beliver republicans" to listen to a negative comment about Bush
let alone," excuse me, he is not and never been a conservative"
Last fall I was warned by a candidate Lt Governor and a former member of the State House
to be very careful and stop talking about globalization and saying Bush was a globalizationist. But the best one was when,after I was giving a talk on amnesty legislation, I was told that , I had to be more reasonable and try not to start a riot. My sin was linking Bush to Amnesty
These plans have been in place for decades.
Information is knowledge, knowledge is power.
For now be happy that The commission even got to be mentioned on national TV.
Build on that.

silverhawks
04-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Umm...I agree with Beck about gradualism. You can't just one day say "everybody, we are scrapping every unconstitutional Federal Dept., have a nice day." We need to either do it peacefully and gradually, or they will force us into war and that is when we can just start over with a clean slate.

Edit: I don't agree that it will take 100 years.

Which is Ron Paul's point of view also.

silverhawks
04-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Agreed. This was almost encouraging...he said "Ron is the closest person to a founder we have in this country." That's a significant compliment. Didn't really hear anything that made it sound like Beck disliked him or his ideas.

"I still act like he's crazy-kooky guy."

"I think Ron Paul is the closest - and I said this at the time - the closest to a Founder that we have. he's the only guy that's speaking the same language of the Founding Fathers. However, as I said to Ron Paul, when you say "We're going to abolish the FBI" that sounds crazy, and quite honestly it is crazy if you think you're going to get into office on a tuesday and on Friday you're going to abolish the FBI."

Which is a strawman argument on Beck's part. He's misrepresenting Paul's position in order to argue against it.

nate895
04-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Which is Ron Paul's point of view also.

I know, which is why we need to correct Mr. Beck instead of trampling on him like he is some sort of fascist.

silverhawks
04-04-2009, 01:03 PM
I know, which is why we need to correct Mr. Beck instead of trampling on him like he is some sort of fascist.

I want to point out this - this woman who called in was TRYING to correct him. Did he or his producer listen to her?

Did she get a chance to explain what concerned her about the TLC? Or was she immediately shot down and her opinions derided?

pcosmar
04-04-2009, 01:12 PM
I want to point out this - this woman who called in was TRYING to correct him. Did he or his producer listen to her?

NO
And remember that Faux Snooz will fire reporters for investigating and reporting the truth.
They have done so.
When they tell the truth it is to sell a lie or to misrepresent it.
IT is called Propaganda.

2: the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person
3: ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause ; also : a public action having such an effect
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Propaganda

Propaganda is a specific type of message presentation, aimed at serving an agenda. Even if the message conveys true information, it may be partisan and fail to paint a complete picture. The book Propaganda And Persuasion defines propaganda as "the deliberate, systematic attempt to shape perceptions, manipulate cognitions, and direct behavior to achieve a response that furthers the desired intent of the propagandist."

Drknows
04-04-2009, 01:50 PM
I was going to post in the Hannity TEA PARTY thread the other day but i bit my tongue.

ENOUGH! with all this sucking up to hannity and beck bullshit!

This is like a bad movie plot! You know where we try to join forces with a group that hates us and they end up humiliating us and stealing our ideas and message for their own purpose.

Revenge of the Nerds: Hannity and Beck Are Alpha beta.

Super Troopers: Captain O'Hagan is Ron Paul and the ones sucking up to Beck and Hannity play the part of Farva

Don't you get it? These Neo con theocratic social conservatives will never accept you! They want to break you down! These are the fools who walked all over the constitution and Ron Paul just a few months ago while promoting Mccain and the Neocon point of view.

And Beck? I think Beck is a schizo or he suffers from some mental disorder. So what if he had Ron Paul on? How many times did he make him out to look crazy? Then preach a neo con talking point disguised as a libertarian one? To be a libertarian is to have disagreements with each other on the interpretation of our constitution? REALLY? and be ok with pro war thinking? Well shit we might as well just have these guys be the face of the movement since our principles have become bendable. Maybe they can get us someone less crazier than Ron Paul? Maybe Mitt and Huck? maybe they will start Tea Parties for them in 2010?

Hannity/Beck and friends dont give a shit about the constitution or your TEA PARTIES. If Mccain won they would be ignoring you right now. I give them two years to start chanting for a hypocrite. I'm guessing it will be Mitt.

roho76
04-04-2009, 01:50 PM

I agree. I find it hard to convey these ideas to regular people because they need short catchy phrases filled with talking points and explosions or they get bored and shut you out. So when RP said things like "we just marched in there we can just march out" people are very skeptical of talk like that. I have found that I need a lot of setup in order to for people to let down their guard. RP has a hard time conveying his message in laymen terms. Plus I find that people have a hard time connecting the dots. They think it's the FED or the IRS or DHS or Wall Street or the Republicans or the Dems when it's all of them colluding together.

AuH20
04-04-2009, 02:04 PM
I was going to post in the Hannity TEA PARTY thread the other day but i bit my tongue.

ENOUGH! with all this sucking up to hannity and beck bullshit!

This is like a bad movie plot! You know where we try to join forces with a group that hates us and they end up humiliating us and stealing our ideas and message for their own purpose.

Revenge of the Nerds: Hannity and Beck Are Alpha beta.

Super Troopers: Captain O'Hagan is Ron Paul and the ones sucking up to Beck and Hannity play the part of Farva

Don't you get it? These Neo con theocratic social conservatives will never accept you! They want to break you down! These are the fools who walked all over the constitution and Ron Paul just a few months ago while promoting Mccain and the Neocon point of view.

And Beck? I think Beck is a schizo or he suffers from some mental disorder. So what if he had Ron Paul on? How many times did he make him out to look crazy? Then preach a neo con talking point disguised as a libertarian one? To be a libertarian is to have disagreements with each other on the interpretation of our constitution? REALLY? and be ok with pro war thinking? Well shit we might as well just have these guys be the face of the movement since our principles have become bendable. Maybe they can get us someone less crazier than Ron Paul? Maybe Mitt and Huck? maybe they will start Tea Parties for them in 2010?

Hannity/Beck and friends dont give a shit about the constitution or your TEA PARTIES. If Mccain won they would be ignoring you right now. I give them two years to start chanting for a hypocrite. I'm guessing it will be Mitt.

I think you're really being unfair to Beck because he and Hannity are two completely different animals. Beck never supported McCain, in fact he was repulsed by him. And in this very clip, Beck openly admitted that our imperial foreign policy is a dead end! What more do you want of the man? Do you want him to solemnly swear an oath of servitude to Ron Paul? Whats the endgame? Lets face it. The Ron Paul message is horribly marketed & we need every ally we can get.

I think people need to calm down and accept Beck as an ally. That doesn't mean you follow everything he says. He's a media pundit, no more, no less. The people are slowly coming to the realization that globalist Bush and his GOP cronies didn't have their best interests in mind. This is an incredible sea change in mentality!

pcosmar
04-04-2009, 02:22 PM
I think you're really being unfair to Beck because he and Hannity are two completely different animals. Beck never supported McCain, in fact he was repulsed by him. And in this very clip, Beck openly admitted that our imperial foreign policy is a dead end! What more do you want of the man? Do you want him to solemnly swear an oath of servitude to Ron Paul? Whats the endgame? Lets face it. The Ron Paul message is horribly marketed & we need every ally we can get.

I think people need to calm down and accept Beck as an ally. That doesn't mean you follow everything he says. He's a media pundit, no more, no less. The people are slowly coming to the realization that globalist Bush and his GOP cronies didn't have their best interests in mind. This is an incredible sea change in mentality!

No he is not.

Propaganda is a specific type of message presentation, aimed at serving an agenda. Even if the message conveys true information, it may be partisan and fail to paint a complete picture. The book Propaganda And Persuasion defines propaganda as "the deliberate, systematic attempt to shape perceptions, manipulate cognitions, and direct behavior to achieve a response that furthers the desired intent of the propagandist."
People need to stop pushing this crap that our enemies are our friends.
It is not their job to inform or educate.
It is their job to misinform and control spin.

If they were our friends they would be fired. or worse.

AuH20
04-04-2009, 02:23 PM
No he is not.

People need to stop pushing this crap that our enemies are our friends.
It is not their job to inform or educate.
It is their job to misinform and control spin.

Enemies? Aren't you getting carried away?

silverhawks
04-04-2009, 02:24 PM
And in this very clip, Beck openly admitted that our imperial foreign policy is a dead end!

You mean, like saying that suggesting we pull troops out of Iraq within 20-30 years is insanity?

Or that the IRS which in part FUNDS this crap shouldn't go away for at least 100 years?

Sorry, AuH20, that doesn't sound like he thinks its a dead end to me...

pcosmar
04-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Enemies? Aren't you getting carried away?

Not at all.
The MSM is owned and operated for the purpose of Propaganda.
They have had an agenda for years. They Control information.

Or do you ignore the masses of information that have been posted here .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPlvdSQ6cAM

AuH20
04-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Not at all.
The MSM is owned and operated for the purpose of Propaganda.
They have had an agenda for years. They Control information.

Or do you ignore the masses of information that have been posted here .

Yes, true. But Glenn Beck has been roundly mocked and criticized by the various media outlets as being "crazy."

constituent
04-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Yes, true. But Glenn Beck has been roundly mocked and criticized by the various media outlets as being "crazy."

funny how that works.

and still you don't see?

AuH20
04-04-2009, 02:32 PM
You mean, like saying that suggesting we pull troops out of Iraq within 20-30 years is insanity?

Or that the IRS which in part FUNDS this crap shouldn't go away for at least 100 years?

Sorry, AuH20, that doesn't sound like he thinks its a dead end to me...

Aside from a physical revamping of the government (which is the only solution sadly), its going to take a slow, frustrating push to redress the constitutional wrongs. It's patently unfair but thats how the TPTB rigged it.

pcosmar
04-04-2009, 02:33 PM

Faux Snooze fires investigative reporters for telling the truth.
The ONLY reason he is there is because he presents their story their way.

If he did not he would be gone.

Here is a full documentary that the other clip was from.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6632255652046262625

It is worth the time ,. (1 hour)

Drknows
04-04-2009, 02:35 PM

I know he supported Mitt huh? Listen he's playing you for a fool. Of course they are all coming around but not like you think they are.

And NO i think beck needs to accept us as a ally not the other way around. I'm not bowing down to these pundits.

And NO he don't have to swear an oath of servitude to Ron Paul but why bash the only man who is speaking the truth like that? Why constantly bash his supporters? Look how he mocked a genuine supporter of liberty in this clip. Why make excuses for it? If that was a neocon supporter of mccain or mitt he would treat him as a patriot not like some crazy person. IF anyone is crazy its fucking glenn schizo beck. He's not someone who is open to our ideas he's just taking them and rebranding them with a neocon label now that Obama won.

Besides do you really want these "crazy" neocon pundits being the face of your movement? Isnt that like Rush Limbaugh being the face of the republican party? I bet the people cant wait to hear the message of liberty come from hannity.

libertygrl
04-04-2009, 03:33 PM
How can anyone trust someone like Beck who works for the corporate controlled media? Especially Faux News - the propaganda network for the Bush Regime? All you have to do is watch old clips of Beck on YouTube to hear what he said about Ron Paul and his supporters during Paul's Presidential run. He arrogantly mocked Ron Paul and basically called Paul supporters potential domestic terrorists.

It is so OBVIOUS that Beck has jumped on the Liberty bandwagon with his call for tea parties and his 9-12 principles - completely highjacking the grassroots ron paul revolution. I suppose it's good on one level in waking up the masses to finally take action on issues, but I don't believe in its sincerity.

I admit, during these difficult times some of the things Beck says sounds all well enough and good to the average American taxpayer - ON THE SURFACE. But what lies underneath it? There's is a definite agenda behind it. Maybe they underestimated the strength & growth of the Ron Paul Revolution. When they couldn't beat us with marginalizing Ron Paul & the movement, they decided to start their own faux Liberty movement. Get people to follow them with their "tea parties" and then have the ususal neo-cons show up to say how they are on our side. This is all just BS. Playing the Republicans against the Democrats now. (Or more importantly, Conservatives against Consitutionally minded Conservatives in a divide and conquer tactic within their own party) Maybe that's the true agenda. Worried that the Ron Paul revolution was getting closer to hijacking the GOP back to its traditional roots. Get people to be more "liberty minded" yet keep pushing the established interventionist foreign policy. Sounds like a classic bait and switch to me! Just a thought..

The past 8 years Faux News was the propaganda machine for the Bush administration and now MSNBC has taken over the reigns for Obama. All I'm saying is that Beck is part of the corporate media. Have your tea parties but be wary of him, phoney bandwagon jumping politicians, and other corporate media pundits who start their own personal protest movements.

rp08orbust
04-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Does anyone know if Glenn Beck screens his callers like Rush Limbaugh? If so, I wouldn't be surprised if Glenn's angry sidekick let that Ron Paul supporting lady through precisely because she sounded cooky during screening. I doubt that he would have let an articulate and sensible-sounding Ron Paul supporter on the air, just as Rush Limbaugh never lets any but the dumbest "liberals" through to prove his points.

As for "gradualism", can anyone give an example of where government has ever gradually shrunk? The only example of government shrinking *at all* that I can think of at the moment was not gradual at all, but revolutionary: it was Andrew Jackson's abolition of the central bank.

JoshLowry
04-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Does anyone know if Glenn Beck screens his callers like Rush Limbaugh? If so, I wouldn't be surprised if Glenn's angry sidekick let that Ron Paul supporting lady through precisely because she sounded cooky during screening. I doubt that he would have let an articulate and sensible-sounding Ron Paul supporter on the air, just as Rush Limbaugh never lets any but the dumbest "liberals" through to prove his points.

Maybe you should call and find out. ;)

I think she did alright. I'm glad she decided to give him a ring.

satchelmcqueen
04-04-2009, 09:00 PM

haha:D

jcarcinogen
04-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Tammy Faye Baker.

He said it himself and O'Reily had him on last night as he was disagreeing and Bill O had to point out at the end that he was "acting professorial" and Beck laughed.

Bill said this because he is worried about his ratings, nothing else.

jcarcinogen
04-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm sorry if I am overposting but this guy is a fake, trying to 'manage the upset'.

Beck is an actor.

How many libertarians agree on everything? He says he is one then the next day talks about islamofacism and the Shia's 13th Imam... well this is wrong. WHat is he? A neocon saying what the people awakening are wrong and they should not be libertarian (even though he's said that he is).

This guy is not what we need but we can influence his meetup groups. My local one seems to love Beck but I am working on them and they are realizing the reality so he does this.

He should fail, we will prevail.

AuH20
04-04-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm sorry if I am overposting but this guy is a fake, trying to 'manage the upset'.

Beck is an actor.

How many libertarians agree on everything? He says he is one at times then talks about islamofacism and the Shia's 13th Imam... well this is wrong. WHat is he? A neocon saying what the people awakening are wrong and they should not be libertarian (even though he's said that he is).

This guy is not what we need but we can influence his meetup groups. My local one seems to love Beck but I am working on them and they are realizing the reality so he does this.

You don't think Islamofascism is real? :confused: Look, the wackjob Arabs are Israel's problem but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Theres alot of dark, sinister places in the world where we should not be interfering.

jcarcinogen
04-04-2009, 10:04 PM
You don't think Islamofascism is real? :confused: Look, the wackjob Arabs are Israel's problem but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Theres alot of dark, sinister places in the world where we should not be interfering.

Sounds like Israel's problem. When and why did this 'islamofacisim' start and why? Do they want to attack Japan?

jcarcinogen
04-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Maybe you should call and find out. ;)

I think she did alright. I'm glad she decided to give him a ring.

Yes they screen, but just tell them what they want to hear (something about Pelosi etc.)... then when live say what you really want to say, but cleverly.

Josh knows what to do. I'll think about my call on monday tonight and hopefully make it effective for his listeners.

AuH20
04-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Sounds like Israel's problem. When and why did this 'islamofacisim' start and why? Do they want to attack Japan?

Their belligerent nature is rooted in the Qur'an. The worst thing that ever happened was UN General Assembly Resolution 181 which established the foundation for the future state of Israel. In retrospect it was very bad idea considering the concentration of Arabs there.

OptionsTrader
04-04-2009, 10:13 PM
How can anyone trust someone like Beck who works for the corporate controlled media? Especially Faux News - the propaganda network for the Bush Regime? All you have to do is watch old clips of Beck on YouTube to hear what he said about Ron Paul and his supporters during Paul's Presidential run. He arrogantly mocked Ron Paul and basically called Paul supporters potential domestic terrorists.

It is so OBVIOUS that Beck has jumped on the Liberty bandwagon with his call for tea parties and his 9-12 principles - completely highjacking the grassroots ron paul revolution. I suppose it's good on one level in waking up the masses to finally take action on issues, but I don't believe in its sincerity.

I admit, during these difficult times some of the things Beck says sounds all well enough and good to the average American taxpayer - ON THE SURFACE. But what lies underneath it? There's is a definite agenda behind it. Maybe they underestimated the strength & growth of the Ron Paul Revolution. When they couldn't beat us with marginalizing Ron Paul & the movement, they decided to start their own faux Liberty movement. Get people to follow them with their "tea parties" and then have the ususal neo-cons show up to say how they are on our side. This is all just BS. Playing the Republicans against the Democrats now. (Or more importantly, Conservatives against Consitutionally minded Conservatives in a divide and conquer tactic within their own party) Maybe that's the true agenda. Worried that the Ron Paul revolution was getting closer to hijacking the GOP back to its traditional roots. Get people to be more "liberty minded" yet keep pushing the established interventionist foreign policy. Sounds like a classic bait and switch to me! Just a thought..

The past 8 years Faux News was the propaganda machine for the Bush administration and now MSNBC has taken over the reigns for Obama. All I'm saying is that Beck is part of the corporate media. Have your tea parties but be wary of him, phoney bandwagon jumping politicians, and other corporate media pundits who start their own personal protest movements.

+1

Beck's pro-war advocacy and endless maligning of Paul and his supporters on the radio over the years deserves disdain, not acceptance.

Christianalwaysg124RP
04-04-2009, 10:19 PM

Why? All he talked about was how we were going to implement libertarian policies and the rate at which we can implement them. You should have more respect for Glenn Beck because he is actually discussing, talking and debating about how and WHEN we can put libertarianism into pratice.

pcosmar
04-04-2009, 10:20 PM
You don't think Islamofascism is real?

Islamofascism is a NeoCon created word. It really has little meaning outside propaganda usage.

Sort of like the Fabian Socialists pointing at a Marxist and saying "look there, a communist".

AuH20
04-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Islamofascism is a NeoCon created word. It really has little meaning outside propaganda usage.

Sort of like the Fabian Socialists pointing at a Marxist and saying "look there, a communist".

I agree. Islamofascism is neocon nomenclature used for political purposes, but it still doesn't dispel beheadings done in the name of Allah.

pcosmar
04-04-2009, 10:43 PM
I agree. Islamofascism is neocon nomenclature used for political purposes, but it still doesn't dispel beheadings done in the name of Allah.

True,
And what language is Guillotine??

And what's this
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1609002/man_beheads_sister_stabs_another.html?cat=8

raiha
04-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Glen Beck is a braggard and if he was truly espousing notions of liberty he would be making it his solemn duty as a media man to enhance the PRINCIPLES that underlie why RP wants to get rid of various institutions. His encapsulations are dishonest and minimize Ron Paul. Who the hell does Glen Beck think he is to pontificate on Ron Paul's way of doing things? And diminish him as though he, Glen Beck is the wise one around here. Ron Paul is 25 times the man GB is, intellectually, ethically, and aesthetically!! GB makes me shudder and his only redeeming feature is that he likes Daniel Hannan and has him on alot (Oh OK, some of the others too!) :mad:

RevolutionSD
04-04-2009, 11:15 PM
I told you guys Beck is a statist and not to be trusted or admired.

RevolutionSD
04-04-2009, 11:21 PM
God I can't stand Beck!!!

dr. hfn
04-04-2009, 11:39 PM
He isn't as radical as us. The end.

jcarcinogen
04-05-2009, 04:32 AM

+1

Also, have you heard about the beheadings in the name of corruption and violence thanks to the Drug War, another War neocons and Statists believe in?

google 'mexico beheadings' in the news part
the latest article from Reuters :rolleyes: glazes over it in the second paragraph here:
http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSTRE5325PG20090403

Allah had nothing to do with these and Mexico is more dangerous than Iraq now.
Mexico city is now the kidnapping capital of the world and Phoenix, AZ is in second place beating Baghdad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kualGQ2O4dI), the 2008's GOP candidate's state.

WATCH THE PHOENIX LINK.

k, thx, bye.

bunklocoempire
04-05-2009, 06:07 AM
Beck, a classic Ameri-CANT.

Apparently a “founder” like Ron Paul is wasted on Beck.

That is, according to Beck, one championing the message of Liberty apparently can’t get elected.

Soooo…. men with principles and Constitutional voting records can’t get elected, yet, we are to believe those who do not have Constitutional voting records or principles

will somehow return a country to those things which they are lacking, once they get elected.

Cry me a river Beck.

Bunkloco

constituent
04-05-2009, 06:17 AM

1) You can't even define islamofascism. It's a bullshit term, no surprise that you'd be here parroting it.

2) The wackjob Arabs?

Their belligerent nature is rooted in the Qur'an.

Where do they find these kids? What must their parents have been like?

sailor
04-05-2009, 07:04 AM
Beck, a classic Ameri-CANT.

Apparently a “founder” like Ron Paul is wasted on Beck.

That is, according to Beck, one championing the message of Liberty apparently can’t get elected.

Soooo…. men with principles and Constitutional voting records can’t get elected, yet, we are to believe those who do not have Constitutional voting records or principles

will somehow return a country to those things which they are lacking, once they get elected.

Cry me a river Beck.

Bunkloco

Superb point.

Beck invokes the founders alot. But actually the founders would have been appauled with his fascist foreign policy.

The man is pathetic. His own supposed role models would frown on him.

sailor
04-05-2009, 07:06 AM

He is pretty radical. When it comes to bombing places. :rolleyes:

A. Havnes
04-05-2009, 07:06 AM
Faux Snooze fires investigative reporters for telling the truth.
The ONLY reason he is there is because he presents their story their way.

If he did not he would be gone.

Here is a full documentary that the other clip was from.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6632255652046262625

It is worth the time ,. (1 hour)

This.

constituent
04-05-2009, 07:38 AM
He is pretty radical. When it comes to bombing places. :rolleyes:

Agreed. Beck is the jihadi he fears.

AuH20
04-05-2009, 07:38 AM
+1

Also, have you heard about the beheadings in the name of corruption and violence thanks to the Drug War, another War neocons and Statists believe in?

google 'mexico beheadings' in the news part
the latest article from Reuters :rolleyes: glazes over it in the second paragraph here:
http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSTRE5325PG20090403

Allah had nothing to do with these and Mexico is more dangerous than Iraq now.
Mexico city is now the kidnapping capital of the world and Phoenix, AZ is in second place beating Baghdad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kualGQ2O4dI), the 2008's GOP candidate's state.

WATCH THE PHOENIX LINK.

k, thx, bye.

Its a major problem that their dominant religious scripture advocates beheadings. And they take the Qur'an quite literal as opposed to some other religious groups:

Quranic verses that dictate beheading Kaffirs (heathen):

5:33-�The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution (by beheading), or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;�

8:12- �I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off.�

47:4- �Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), strike off their heads; at length; then when you have made wide Slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives�: thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens.�

9:123: �Oh ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers and let them find harshness in you.�

2:191- �Kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from wherever they drove you out.�

5: 45-- �We ordained therein for them: �Life for life, eye for eye, nose for nose, ear for ear. Toth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal.�

2:193- �Fight them on until there is no more tumult and religion becomes that of Allah�

9:29- "Fight those who do not believe in God and the last day... and fight People of the Book, (Christian and Jews) who do not accept the religion of truth (Islam) until they pay tribute (Zizziya tax) by hand, being inferior.�

8:17-It is not ye who Slew them; it is God; when thou threwest a handful of dust, it was not Thy act, but God�s�..� (Allah is a real merciful indeed!)

AuH20
04-05-2009, 07:43 AM
1) You can't even define islamofascism. It's a bullshit term, no surprise that you'd be here parroting it.

2) The wackjob Arabs?

C'mon. Are you serious? You're going to dismiss the lethality of the Islamic fanatics so it conveniently lines up with your world view? Just because they don't pose a national security risk to the United States doesn't mean they aren't deranged.

Where do they find these kids? What must their parents have been like?

Please don't be so dismissive. There aren't absolutes in the world. We probably agree on 90% of the issues but I'm apparently too impure.

constituent
04-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Its a major problem that their dominant religious scripture advocates beheadings. And they take the Qur'an quite literal as opposed to some other religious groups:

Quranic verses that dictate beheading Kaffirs (heathen):

So it is that Conservatism, throughout history, has regarded man neither as a potential pawn of other men, nor as a part of a general collectivity in which the sacredness and the separate identity of individual human beings are ignored.

;)

Carole
04-05-2009, 07:54 AM
Beck has a habit of misrepresenting Dr. Paul, especially when Beck regurgitates the stuff about Dr. Paul wanting to abolish the departments overnight. And bring the troops home overnight.

Dr. Paul knows these things cannot be done immediatelyl

However, the ONE thing that could change everything is to abolish the FED.

Once the Fed is gone all the other things begin to fall away, especially the war on terror and many subsidies. etc.

The Fed is the driving force behind all our problems. :rolleyes: :)

AuH20
04-05-2009, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Barry Goldwater, Conscience of a Conservative
So it is that Conservatism, throughout history, has regarded man neither as a potential pawn of other men, nor as a part of a general collectivity in which the sacredness and the separate identity of individual human beings are ignored.;)

;)

Barry Goldwater on religious abuse:

There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being.

AuH20
04-05-2009, 08:31 AM
This is where I vehemently disagree with Beck. I don't see a peaceful solution to this "enormous" problem we have. I'm sorry. Blood is going to have to run in the streets before the pigs in D.C. realize their errors. The system has been arranged in such a way that real, transformative change is nearly impossible to accomplish via political conduits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLbJKiIhDzg

pcosmar
04-05-2009, 08:32 AM
C'mon. Are you serious? You're going to dismiss the lethality of the Islamic fanatics so it conveniently lines up with your world view? Just because they don't pose a national security risk to the United States doesn't mean they aren't deranged.

Please don't be so dismissive. There aren't absolutes in the world. We probably agree on 90% of the issues but I'm apparently too impure.

Please don't be so ignorant of the facts. Beheading has long been a method of execution.
It is not limited to Islam.

The guillotine was then the only legal execution method in France until the abolition of the death penalty in 1981, apart from certain crimes against the security of the state, which entailed execution by firing squad.

In 1933 Hitler had a guillotine constructed and tested. He was impressed enough to order 20 more constructed and pressed into immediate service.[3] Nazi records indicate that between 1933 and 1945, 16,500 people were executed in Germany and Austria by this method.[3] In Nazi Germany, beheading by guillotine was the usual method of executing convicted criminals as opposed to political enemies, who were usually[citation needed] either hanged or shot. By the middle of the war, however, policy changed: the six members of the White Rose anti-Nazi resistance organisation were beheaded in 1943, as were a hundred or more conscientious objectors from that date, including Franz Jägerstätter, beheaded in Berlin on August 9, 1943. The last execution in what would later become West Germany took place on May 11, 1949, when 24-year-old Berthold Wehmeyer was beheaded in Moabit prison, West Berlin, for murder and robbery. When West Germany was formed in 1949, its constitution prohibited the death penalty; East Germany abolished it in 1987, and Austria in 1968.

What difference the method makes is irrelevant. Dead is dead.

pcosmar
04-05-2009, 08:43 AM
This is where I vehemently disagree with Beck. I don't see a peaceful solution to this "enormous" problem we have. I'm sorry. Blood is going to have to run in the streets before the pigs in D.C. realize their errors. The system has been arranged in such a way that real, transformative change is nearly impossible to accomplish via political conduits.

There he is pushing the Timothy McVeigh Bullshit again.

McVeigh DID NOT blow up the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building.

That is a propaganda LIE.

Come on folks , They are doing it again. :mad:

Cowlesy
04-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Having been more of a spectator in these threads rather than being a dart thrower, these threads always go down the same way.

First, the discourse starts out balanced between opposing views.

Next, the pragmatists get worn out trying to use the pieces of what he (in this case, Beck) says to our advantage, and leave the thread.

Near the end, the anti-whatever-topic (in this case, Beck) folks starting arguing with themselves about how awful the topic is.

Finally, the entire thread turns into something completely off-topic, or nothing but personal or general insults at a person or set of people.

If it were worth something I really could write a book about observation of behavior on here :)

pcosmar
04-05-2009, 09:12 AM
If it were worth something I really could write a book about observation of behavior on here :)

I find it puzzling.
During the Campaign it became clear that the MSM was manipulating stories. The fact that they are a Propaganda Arm was quite clear.
Now we have folks presenting Hermann Goering as our friend. And we should embrace the system's Propaganda.
Puzzling.:confused:

Bossobass
04-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Beck "schools" his fans that Ron's ideas to dismantle the gargantuan, uselessly unconstitutional federal departments and foreign policies basically ain't gonna happen in your lifetime, yet...

He makes a fortune whining about how Paulson and Geithner and Bushie and Obanana and Bernanke usurped the Treasury department, misappropriated trillions and bailed out the perpetrators of the financial crisis in 90 days.

Conveniently, if Reagan said we need to eliminate the Department of Education, he was an adorable Saint to be revered by all, but if Ron said it, Ron was a pipe dreaming Libertarian Kook.

These guys are all the same. They don't care one bit to influence elections (because they aren't allowed to), they just whine about or deify the idiot who wins (because that's their job).

It keeps them in a job and keeps Americans divided and accomplishes nothing else.

The blatant invasion and occupation of Iraq through thousands of counts of fraud and the USA Patriot Act are 2 of the most despicable acts in the history of America, yet Beck proudly aided and abetted those acts.

And he has the balls to call RP crazy?

For the 9 millionth time...fuck that doughboy asswipe. If he's your agent for change, see ya in 25 years, and good luck with that. The only thing Americans learn watching TV is what toothpaste is recommended by most dentists and which paper towel is the most absorbent.

Bosso

sailor
04-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Next, the pragmatists get worn out trying to use the pieces of what he (in this case, Beck) says to our advantage, and leave the thread.

The moral of the story is very obvious. The pragmatics don`t have what it takes!

sailor
04-05-2009, 09:25 AM
The only thing Americans learn watching TV is what toothpaste is recommended by most dentists and which paper towel is the most absorbent.

And even that is propaganda. :)

AuH20
04-05-2009, 09:26 AM
I find it puzzling.
During the Campaign it became clear that the MSM was manipulating stories. The fact that they are a Propaganda Arm was quite clear.
Now we have folks presenting Hermann Goering as our friend. And we should embrace the system's Propaganda.
Puzzling.:confused:

Anyone who recommends the "5000 year leap" can't be that bad. FOX is playing with fire by giving him a microphone, no matter his agenda.

Deborah K
04-05-2009, 09:34 AM
The moral of the story is very obvious. The pragmatics don`t have what it takes!

Don't have what it takes to do what? Beat a dead horse? :rolleyes:

Pauls' Revere
04-05-2009, 09:38 AM

I call Bullshit. You can get elected and make drastic changes immediately once your in office it's a matter of timing and the right environment of voter support and elected persons. Gosh Glen just look at the current administration which has been swept into office and already signed into law THE LARGEST SPENDING BILL IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. I call Bullshit. people WILL get tierd of all this crap and want our changes and welcome the abolishment of the IRS overnight. I call Bullshit. We the people will wake up one morning (if it hasn't happened already) and realize our grandchildrens future is been pilaged to support overseas agendas. I call Bullshit. people will look to each other one day and wonder where did our sovereignty go. I call Bullshit. When the dollar loses more of it's value and becomes worthless (per GB views) people WILL demand to abolish The FED and return to sound money. I call Bullshit to the notion that we must wait an additional 150-200 years in order for things and others "to come around" and slowly be spoon fed. This country and your freedoms do NOT have that kind of time. BY then it will all be over if we are to continue down this same party path. Glen, I call BULLSHIT!

Deborah K
04-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Anyone who recommends the "5000 year leap" can't be that bad. FOX is playing with fire by giving him a microphone, no matter his agenda.

I agree. And what the anti-media folks seem to forget is that Beck is reaching the sleeping in a way that we have never been able to. Perhaps he is co-opting our message. That is debatable. But the fact remains, we need to infiltrate the media. I've been saying that for years now. We're starting to. Our message is getting mainstreamed. This is making it easier to bring people to the freedom message. If this is the goal, it is mine, then make the best of it. We need to use this opportunity to our advantage.

sailor
04-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Don't have what it takes to do what? Beat a dead horse? :rolleyes:

Hey, don`t blame me. I don`t write the analysis. I only interpret it to my advantage. :p

Indy4Chng
04-05-2009, 10:28 AM

I agree with a lot of what Beck has to say and think he is a big liberty ally but I heard that interview the other day and I agree that he is completely wrong. We will need the military to defect against the government if we ever want things to change, otherwise they will just use them to control any uprising. He was 100% wrong in this conversation. That being said if you had an audience of millions would you want to vocally support violence... someone will misconstrue it and cause a terrorism act in your name which would be the end of your career.

The only way this doesn't if violently 1) submission 2) Complete economic collapse and splinter states (countries) forming...ala Russia ... I had been holding out for peaceful resolution but I just don't see that possible anymore, we have crossed the peaceful resolution line.

Cowlesy
04-05-2009, 10:54 AM
I've effectively used Beck's clips to get people thinking about being more prepared, and that Washington D.C. does not have all the answers, and in fact are a bunch of sociopathic idiots.

So everyone can sit on here and bellyache and moan about how Beck is evil and the media is evil and how TV is evil. Clearly this is much more productive than using the media itself to help people unlock their freedom-loving American spirit.

I get it now. Treading water is paramount.

pcosmar
04-05-2009, 11:28 AM
I've effectively used Beck's clips to get people thinking about being more prepared, and that Washington D.C. does not have all the answers, and in fact are a bunch of sociopathic idiots.

Understandable. I will use him too.
I also USE the Un and CFR sites and documents. That does not make them "my Friend" or "on my side".
I am glad that some are being awakened, but I suspect that is not the real intention.
I think it is to provoke. I suspect they want a reaction from the more unstable elements, to give them an excuse to respond.
Just because they say things that we can use, does not mean that was their purpose.
But USE them, Hell use anything to wake people up. Just don't trust them.

Deborah K
04-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Understandable. I will use him too.
I also USE the Un and CFR sites and documents. That does not make them "my Friend" or "on my side".
I am glad that some are being awakened, but I suspect that is not the real intention.
I think it is to provoke. I suspect they want a reaction from the more unstable elements, to give them an excuse to respond.
Just because they say things that we can use, does not mean that was their purpose.
But USE them, Hell use anything to wake people up. Just don't trust them.

If it is true that they are trying to provoke a response, then they are provoking the wrong response. The last time Mike Scheuer was on Glenn Beck he got more hate mail than he ever has before. I'm sure Glenn did too. Mike hasn't been invited back on either. Here is the clip that provoked his 'ban': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWfLp7VqjRk

AuH20
04-05-2009, 03:03 PM
If it is true that they are trying to provoke a response, then they are provoking the wrong response. The last time Mike Scheuer was on Glenn Beck he got more hate mail than he ever has before. I'm sure Glenn did too. Mike hasn't been invited back on either. Here is the clip that provoked his 'ban': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWfLp7VqjRk

Beck doesn't have the stomach for the coming fight. You can see it in his reaction. He almost went pale when Scheuer point blank told him what the problem is.

Objectivist
04-05-2009, 03:07 PM

Here I can agree with what is being said about Beck and Paul.

bucfish
04-05-2009, 03:12 PM
I actually kinda agree with the spoon feed the people thing. People are so brainwashed that the masses cannot imagine abolishing the IRS. Kinda like the question "who will build the roads?" The masses are too dependent on government. Campaigning is like selling someone something. Tell them just enough to get their money(vote) then do everything you said you would just somethings you may do might be a lil hard for them to see why.

Objectivist
04-05-2009, 03:21 PM
I actually kinda agree with the spoon feed the people thing. People are so brainwashed that the masses cannot imagine abolishing the IRS. Kinda like the question "who will build the roads?" The masses are too dependent on government. Campaigning is like selling someone something. Tell them just enough to get their money(vote) then do everything you said you would just somethings you may do might be a lil hard for them to see why.

A perfect example of people being brainwashed is the topic of legalizing marijuana, the free thinker says "Legalize it!" the brainwashed slave to the system says "Legalize it AND tax it!"

constituent
04-05-2009, 08:05 PM
A perfect example of people being brainwashed is the topic of legalizing marijuana, the free thinker says "Legalize it!" the brainwashed slave to the system says "Legalize it AND tax it!"

thx, welcome aboard!

Brian4Liberty
04-05-2009, 09:01 PM

And some just say "decriminalize it"...

I've had enough
04-06-2009, 05:57 AM

Yup, unfortunately I'm one of those people, ouch!

SimpleName
04-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Definite downer. Beck was being a BIG douchebag. That lady really didn't have any true criticism, or at least she didn't get to it at that point. He just went paranoid and nuts. Beck is dropping points in my book.

What BECK doesn't understand is that libertarians have very rarely suggested abolishing things left and right like he has this false concept about. Quick, precise acts to tear apart bureaucracy can be maneuvered, but I don't think Ron Paul ever truly meant he would knock out the IRS on his first day in office. Also, the Trilateral commission is crucial. These are the true builders of global policy. The UN is much too far out in the open to make real advancement of the globalist agenda. Trilateral intrusion into US policies IS the problem. And the War in Iraq needs to be stopped NOW! Not 30 years from now. RIGHT NOW! That is something we can do within 6 months with ease. War makes no allies, just enemies.

So STFU Glenn! It gets harder and harder to defend you when you speak diarrhea.

paulitics
04-07-2009, 06:37 PM
His toadie, Stu, is a little bitch.

paulitics
04-07-2009, 06:43 PM
I actually agree with Beck that is not practical to think or say we should abolish the FBI, IRS, overnight.
First, we have to change people's hearts and minds, not scare them away. I disagree with him on many of his other points.

I think we should approach Beck differently, and call him out on things such as the patriot act, torture, and wiretapping, which he supports or had supported. THe man is still very inconsistant on many things.