PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE CHECK INTO THIS Dianne Sawyer to do Anti-Gun Hit Piece on Primetime Live (?)

Chosen
04-03-2009, 11:03 PM
There is going to be a special coming up next week (?) on Primetime Live which is slated to be a hit piece on concealed carry. Anyone have any more info on this? I will post this as I get it.

The segment (as I have heard it will be on) is What would you do? however, from what some folks are saying it is going to present concealed carry as more dangerous than doing nothing. From what some insiders are saying it is a definite hit piece on guns in general and concealed carry specifically. To be padded with bizarre "simulations."

If anyone gets any more info on this please post it.

Chosen
04-03-2009, 11:36 PM
*UPDATE

It is going to be a 20/20 story by Diane Sawyer Called "If I only had a gun"

I am hearing that it will be a hit piece which focuses on gun shows and concealed carry. It will attempt to make it appear that gun purchasing is easy and that this contributes to violent crime. it will also attempt to make it appear that concealed carry is more dangerous.

That's just what is being said.

Chosen
04-03-2009, 11:53 PM
I just realized it is to coincide with the anniversary of the Virginia Tech shooting and Columbine. The following week there is going to be a bunch of antigun stuff and this show will try and contextualize things.

Chosen
04-04-2009, 12:02 AM
diane.sawyer@abc.com ? maybe?

Minarchy4Sale
04-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Sorry, Im at my quota of stuff that pisses me offf today. One more thing and my head will explode.

misterx
04-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Sigh... Where has my country gone?

sluggo
04-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Hey ABC,

Let Stossel do a show on the same topic.