PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Blackwater? Chicago Mercenary Firm Gets Millions for Private "Security" in Is

sharpsteve2003
04-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Obama's Blackwater? Chicago Mercenary Firm Gets Millions for Private "Security" in Israel and Iraq

http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/134594/obama%27s_blackwater_chicago_mercenary_firm_gets_m illions_for_private_%22security%22_in_israel_and_i raq_/

By Jeremy Scahill, AlterNet. Posted April 2, 2009.

Federal records obtained by AlterNet reveal a multi-million dollar contract for a private U.S. paramilitary force operating out of Jerusalem.

On the campaign trail, Barack Obama's advisers said he "can't rule out [and] won't rule out" using mercenary forces, like Blackwater. Now, it appears that the Obama administration has decided on its hired guns of choice: Triple Canopy, a Chicago company now based in Virginia. It may not have Blackwater's thuggish reputation, but Triple Canopy has its own bloody history in Iraq and a record of hiring mercenaries from countries with atrocious human rights records. What's more, Obama is not just using the company in Iraq, but also as a U.S.-government funded private security force in Israel/Palestine, operating out of Jerusalem.

Read the full story....
http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/134594/obama%27s_blackwater_chicago_mercenary_firm_gets_m illions_for_private_%22security%22_in_israel_and_i raq_/

sluggo
04-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Probably some of Rahm's buddies.

dgr
04-03-2009, 08:24 PM
The last time I could stand to read the reports, 2007, the GAO had said in its accouting report that Blackwater had been paid 8 hundred million dollars. At that time the US had 23 priviate security companies working in I raqi, protecting all the non occupation sites we were building.
Well I guess if it permanent its, not really occupying(sic?). Then when Blackwater got kicked out we bought all their equipment. Are we paying for the new sea pirates enterprise?

But what disturbes me the most is an article I read somewhere about just such a thing as this.

The reason being American troops wouldn't fire on Americans( guess the writer was too young to remember Kent State) so there was some force paln in action.
I dismissed it as nuts, but now I may have to find It
or then again it may have to do with the fact that for some insane reason NYC is hosting the next G20

sharpsteve2003
04-04-2009, 12:07 PM
bmp