PDA

View Full Version : Halloween is around the corner... Ron Paul Masks?

ruforealz
09-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Preface

Autumn is vastly approaching and as usual the retail chains are chock full of Halloween goodies.

One thing that has inspired me by the decentralized grassroots support that is Ron Paul's campaign is the ability to harness the collective intelligence of a very diverse, intelligent community. Run on sentences aside...

Two projects in particular I think are very profound statements about the real strength of Ron Paul's support:

the photo mosaic ad in the Iowa newspaper
the Ron Paul Book Project

That's what leads me to think we can do anything and thus why I propose this "Ron Paul Mask" idea so sincerely.

Idea

I've always loved presidential masks. Nixon, Clinton, Bush, or Reagan they all make good masks.

What if, on Halloween, Ron Paul supporters could don a mask of their hero? Or detractors could wear it to poke fun at him (while still getting his name out there). It would be a huge way to make our presence known in the community. Imagine seeing tens or hundreds of people with Ron Paul masks on!

Shoddy paper masks wouldn't be very fun. Perhaps a 3-d paper Ron Paul mask could work, I don't know quite how it'd work.

Obviously one of those classic rubber/plastic masks would work... does anyone here or anyone you know run a mask factory?

If we had a way to sell or distribute Ron Paul masks before Halloween... There could be a lot of Ron Pauls of all shapes and colors running around on the 31st.

njandrewg
09-18-2007, 12:57 AM
maybe contact these guys http://www.politicalmasks.com/ and have them make one

ruforealz
09-18-2007, 01:08 AM
good idea though, i'll keep looking

john_anderson_ii
09-18-2007, 01:21 AM
I plan on taking my kids trick-or-treating, and passing out Slim Jims to the people we meet. I'm not sure if it would be imposing on the holiday or something like that.

What do you guys think?

Mitt Romneys sideburns
09-18-2007, 01:23 AM

Why do they have a Childrens section under the "Sexy Witch" catagory?

trispear
09-18-2007, 01:28 AM
I'd want to be something scary, so I'd rather look for a Hillary mask....

or maybe one of the undead, in that case a Fred mask.

ruforealz
09-18-2007, 01:28 AM
I plan on taking my kids trick-or-treating, and passing out Slim Jims to the people we meet. I'm not sure if it would be imposing on the holiday or something like that.

What do you guys think?

I think handing out something might be a little much, simply making your presence known should be enough.

We don't want people to see their children's baskets filled with Ron Paul slim jims... at least I think I would draw the line there.

However I understand if you feel differently.

trispear
09-18-2007, 01:29 AM

What do you guys think?As long as there is a treat within the folds of the brochure.

Although it's probably better to give such a thing to older teens and adults who come by.

ronpaulhawaii
09-18-2007, 01:30 AM
It would be funny seeing a group of all the candidates, with the neo-con/lib types acting like the @$$#$ they are while the RP guys just tells it like it is

ruforealz
09-18-2007, 01:34 AM
As long as there is a treat within the folds of the brochure.

Although it's probably better to give such a thing to older teens and adults who come by.

or maybe put Ron Paul stickers on all your candy...

RonPaulStreetTeam
I was already thinking of the Ron Paul thing!
I would love to go to my party dressed as Ron Paul cause soooooo many people would as, "who are you" and I can be all in a Randy Man Macho Savage voice "THE CHAMPION OF THE CONSTITUTION!"
Hand them a business card and say "snap into freedom"

jjschless
Buy up those chocolate gold coins to hand out to trick or treaters, tie a couple together and stick a note in between.

Note could read: "Want a return to asset backed currency? Goto: www.ronpaul2008.com"

ruforealz
09-18-2007, 01:41 AM
I was already thinking of the Ron Paul thing!
I would love to go to my party dressed as Ron Paul cause soooooo many people would as, "who are you" and I can be all in a Randy Man Macho Savage voice "THE CHAMPION OF THE CONSTITUTION!"
Hand them a business card and say "snap into freedom"

You could just act all crazy and quote Ron Paul verbatim. "I'm a big crazy idiot. I don't think that we should be fighting all these aggressive wars. I think the patriot act is a giant infringement on our rights. War with Iran is completely off the table. Look at me I'm a crazy lunatic."

err.. or something like that. the point would be to show people how "crazy" his ideas are.

ruforealz
09-18-2007, 01:41 AM
Buy up those chocolate gold coins to hand out to trick or treaters, tie a couple together and stick a note in between.

Note could read: "Want a return to asset backed currency? Goto: www.ronpaul2008.com"

wow gold coins.. how perfect!

ruforealz
09-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Also... if you want to get really nerdy, you could dress up in cardboard as a "spambot" perhaps even integrating an ipod video for maximum spammage.

Bradley in DC
09-18-2007, 10:18 AM

Just left a message asking them for one.

leipo
09-18-2007, 10:25 AM

Well they better make one that somewhat resembles Ron. Look at the one made for Hillary. I don't recognize her in this at all...

http://www.politicalmasks.com/fullsize/hillary-clinton-mask.jpg

ruforealz
09-18-2007, 10:36 AM
yeah that Hillary mask looks like a chipmunk...

Elwar
09-18-2007, 10:58 AM
I e-mailed a custom mask company a few weeks ago and got no response. I did see an online how-to on how to create your own mask. It was very complicated and would require some sculpting skills to make a replica of Ron Paul's face. Then the whole painting part of it...

An easier costume would be the V mask.

richard1984
09-18-2007, 11:02 AM
A lot of the time masks of politicians are more like caricatures, you know?

Maybe I'll be the Constitution--get a Constitution mask.

ScotTX
09-18-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm dressing up in the Guy Fawkes costume from "V for Vendetta" and passing out Ron Paul flyers at the Halloween Festival on 6th Street here in Austin.

FrankRep
09-18-2007, 11:11 AM
My group had the idea of dressing up as the Founding Fathers and pass out Ron Paul stuff and maybe even Constitutions.

Interesting Idea!

nullvalu
09-18-2007, 11:15 AM

I like their Osama Bin Laden mask! I think I could take the costume and wear a mock bomb vest and hold a "detonator".. Might get me arrested tho. haha

zumajoe
09-18-2007, 11:17 AM
i just thought about halloween/ron paul this morning on my drive to work! must be the smell of autumn in the air..... however i didn't think of masks- i was thinking RON PAUL 2008 carved into our pumpkins!

ruforealz
09-18-2007, 11:28 AM
i just thought about halloween/ron paul this morning on my drive to work! must be the smell of autumn in the air..... however i didn't think of masks- i was thinking RON PAUL 2008 carved into our pumpkins!

Great idea!