PDA

View Full Version : Rockefeller introduces bill that allows executive branch to shut down internet

JoshLowry
04-03-2009, 07:06 AM
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2009/04/should-obama-control-internet

"We must protect our critical infrastructure at all costs—from our water to our electricity, to banking, traffic lights and electronic health records—the list goes on," Rockefeller said in a statement. Snowe echoed her colleague, saying, "if we fail to take swift action, we, regrettably, risk a cyber-Katrina."What the fuck is a cyber-Katrina?!

:mad:

That broad power is rattling some civil libertarians.It should rattle everyone. Repubs and Dems will read that and go, oh it's nothing to worry about, the libertarians worry about everything.

Power hungry fucks. This shit ticks me off.

slacker921
04-03-2009, 07:13 AM
if it's critical infrastructure then why is it connected to the Internet and insecure?

rckt24
04-03-2009, 07:16 AM
I think they have been watching too many movies.

acptulsa
04-03-2009, 07:18 AM
Free speech is for rich people. Taxes are for poor people.

LittleLightShining
04-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Huckin Fay.

Kraig
04-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Hurricanes and floods and internet problems have sooo much in common! :rolleyes:

Kludge
04-03-2009, 07:55 AM
The Internet is a series of tubes.

It is not something you just dump something on.

It's not a truck.

bossman068410
04-03-2009, 08:09 AM
scumbags

Freedom 4 all
04-03-2009, 08:12 AM
How does that openly unrepentant globalist keep winning elections?

sevin
04-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Shutting down the Internet is the only way to stop the spread of news that would outrage citizens. This has some terrifying implications...

acptulsa
04-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Shutting down the Internet is the only way to stop the spread of news that would outrage citizens. This has some terrifying implications...

It's certainly a hell of an indictment of the media, isn't it?

silverhawks
04-03-2009, 08:22 AM

Yes it does. This is HORRIFYING despotic power being discussed here.

I hate to quote a movie to fit this, but its all too appropriate. And the original quote actually paraphrases Churchill.

"A communications disruption can mean only one thing - invasion."

And this is a DIRECT advancement of the agenda set out in PNAC's documents that set the doctrine for the Bush administration.

From "Rebuilding America's Defenses (http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf)":

If outer space represents an emerging medium of warfare, then “cyberspace,” and in particular the Internet hold similar
promise and threat. And as with space, access to and use of cyberspace and the Internet are emerging elements in global
commerce, politics and power. Any nation wishing to assert itself globally must take account of this other new “global commons.”

Truth Warrior
04-03-2009, 08:36 AM
And a Rockefeller too. :p :rolleyes: Well what a non-surprise and what do you know? ;)

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." -- Thomas Jefferson

heavenlyboy34
04-03-2009, 08:40 AM

The same way they all do-appeal to the sheeple's irrational desire for a shepherd. ;)

zach
04-03-2009, 08:42 AM
No internet, no knowledge, no organization, no revolution of the country.

zach
04-03-2009, 08:46 AM
On another note, he's from my fucking state.

Will anyone help me with a note to send to him?

acptulsa
04-03-2009, 08:47 AM
No internet, no knowledge, no organization, no revolution of the country.

Or, worse still, a revolution that has no idea where it's headed or what it's after. Worked for Stalin, worked for Castro, worked for Amin, worked for [the list is endless].

fedup100
04-03-2009, 08:55 AM
Many have asked the question "when is it time", now you know the answer!

acptulsa
04-03-2009, 08:57 AM

Dude, he's a Rockefeller. He's a fourth-generation spoiled brat who doesn't for one second think your needs count for $#!+. Yeah, I would, but first--why bother?

ramallamamama
04-03-2009, 09:05 AM
They definitely don't want us spinning crop circles.

http://video.aol.com/video-search/query/sim:1535830293

Danke
04-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Everyone have their Ham radio, CBs, Shortwave radios, etc?

Truth Warrior
04-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Hmm, I wonder what constructive a few MILLION really pissed off individual underground guerrilla resisters could accomplish? ;)

brandon
04-03-2009, 09:19 AM
I think it's time we start making old school dial up BBS's like the ones that were popular in the 80's and early 90's.

That way if they "shut down" the internet (which i doubt they could do even if they wanted to), we can just start using the other system for communication. If they wanted to stop that they would have to shut down the entire phone system or start raiding houses that are running the BBS.

On another note, what is "the internet"? The internet is a rather vague term.

Kludge
04-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Hmm, I wonder what constructive a few MILLION really pissed off individual underground guerrilla resisters could accomplish? ;)

Constructive....?

Not much.

bill50
04-03-2009, 09:20 AM
its HR 266

acptulsa
04-03-2009, 09:21 AM
I think it's time we start making old school dial up BBS's like the ones that were popular in the 80's and early 90's.

I still have an old modem.

zach
04-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Dude, he's a Rockefeller. He's a fourth-generation spoiled brat who doesn't for one second think your needs count for $#!+. Yeah, I would, but first--why bother?

Yeah, not much of a point.. Eh. I like to vent occasionally.

LittleLightShining
04-03-2009, 09:22 AM
I still have an old modem.I bet you do! You still use one of those ancient cell phones, too, if I recall correctly.

acptulsa
04-03-2009, 09:25 AM
I bet you do! You still use one of those ancient cell phones, too, if I recall correctly.

Not an ounce of GPS technology in it. You remember correctly.

If they want me, let them work at finding me. Not my job to make it easy for them.

The only difference is the modem's in the basement and the phone's in my pocket. At the moment.

ChristopherJ
04-03-2009, 09:31 AM
I swear it's just exhausting trying to keep up with all this stuff. Everyday it's something new and more sinister.

Protest against one and by the time you're done they've introduced 5 or 10 more.

werdd
04-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Everyone have their Ham radio, CBs, Shortwave radios, etc?

I've been reading about TCP/IP over HAM. It is possible, however at a very low speed(9600bps). We wouldnt be able to load data intensive forums like this one, it would have to be very primative boards like arcnet.

Im becoming less and less suprised with the insane ideas beaurocrats come up with. If this passes, it will be the final straw for me, and many other IT-focused individuals.

brandon
04-03-2009, 09:57 AM
I've been reading about TCP/IP over HAM. It is possible, however at a very low speed(9600bps). We wouldnt be able to load data intensive forums like this one, it would have to be very primative boards like arcnet.

That's a really interesting concept. I'm going to do some research into it. I assume the maximum baudrate would drop as the distance between the transmitter and receiver increases. It may be possible to have a very high speed network if we had enough repeaters. If we could get every one of the old RP meetups to convince a few members to set up a repeater we could probably make a nationwide high speed network.

brandon
04-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Of course the government could just jam the frequencies if they really wanted to.

Truth Warrior
04-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Constructive....?

Not much. I'd say that depends on your point of view. ;) :D

Think 1776 and Viet Cong, etc.. :)

micahnelson
04-03-2009, 10:05 AM
No.

No no no.

No.

silverhawks
04-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Just to put a fine point to all of this.

A dictator is an authoritarian ruler (e.g. absolutist or autocratic) who assumes sole and absolute power with military control but, without hereditary ascension such as an absolute monarch. When other states call the head of state of a particular state a dictator, that state is called a dictatorship. The word originated as the title of a magistrate in ancient Rome appointed by the Senate to rule the republic in times of emergency.

In modern usage, the term "dictator" is generally used to describe a leader who holds and/or abuses an extraordinary amount of personal power, especially the power to make laws without effective restraint by a legislative assembly. Dictatorships are often characterized by some of the following traits: suspension of elections and of civil liberties; proclamation of a state of emergency; rule by decree; repression of political opponents without abiding by rule of law procedures; these include single-party state, and cult of personality.

What rule of law prevents open political debates? Doesn't that match the exact definition of "repression of political opponents without abiding by rule of law procedures"?

Considering the way that the Democrat and Republican leadership collaborate, is it accurate to say we actually do live under a single party state?

By my reckoning, the US has been a dictatorship backed by oligarchy for at least 20 years - since the time of Bush Sr - possibly longer, but its not too easy to put a finger on it.

Truth Warrior
04-03-2009, 10:10 AM
No.

No no no.

No. Is that a No? :D

Truth Warrior
04-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Just to put a fine point to all of this.

By my reckoning, the US has been a dictatorship backed by oligarchy for at least 20 years - since the time of Bush Sr - possibly longer, but its not too easy to put a finger on it. Perhaps this will help. ;)

Thomas Jefferson described the Tenth Amendment as “the foundation of the Constitution” and added, “to take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn … is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition.”
http://www.answers.com/topic/amendment-x-to-the-u-s-constitution (http://www.answers.com/topic/amendment-x-to-the-u-s-constitution)

dannno
04-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Can the internet be shut down?

I don't think it's quite built that way.

If I'm trying to reach Server A and Server A is in New York, and the government cuts off major communications between me in California and and Server A in New York, I can probably still connect to Server A as long as Server A is connected through their T-1 (phone line) and they can reach Server B in North Carolina, and that server can reach a server in Texas, etc..

In other words, the way routing on the internet works is if one line of communication is cut, you can always use another line of communication. That's why they call it the world wide web. When a spider's web get's messed up, it usually stays in tact and the remaining nodes are still connected, and if they could carry data then ALL of the intact nodes would still be able to communicate with each other.

I think they might be able to severely disable the internet since they will probably get a lot of cooperation out of big corporations, but I can't imagine it just disappearing.

Kludge
04-03-2009, 10:20 AM

Violators will be prosecuted.

Worked with drugs. :)

dannno
04-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Violators will be prosecuted.

Worked with drugs. :)

Hah, no it didn't. (i think u forgot ur /sarc)

Truth Warrior
04-03-2009, 10:27 AM

If I'm trying to reach Server A and Server A is in New York, and the government cuts off major communications between me in California and and Server A in New York, I can probably still connect to Server A as long as Server A is connected through their T-1 (phone line) and they can reach Server B in North Carolina, and that server can reach a server in Texas, etc..

In other words, the way routing on the internet works is if one line of communication is cut, you can always use another line of communication. That's why they call it the world wide web. When a spider's web get's messed up, it usually stays in tact and the remaining nodes are still connected, and if they could carry data then ALL of the intact nodes would still be able to communicate with each other.

I think they might be able to severely disable the internet since they will probably get a lot of cooperation out of big corporations, but I can't imagine it just disappearing. Would taking down the backbone and taking out the DNS servers do it, pretty well? ;)

Xenophage
04-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Fuck Rockefeller.

Xenophage
04-03-2009, 10:41 AM
Would taking down the backbone and taking out the DNS servers do it, pretty well? ;)

Taking out a DNS server isn't going to do jack shit. Anyone can run a DNS server. Furthermore, you don't need a DNS server to communicate with anything on the Internet.

Truth Warrior
04-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Taking out a DNS server isn't going to do jack shit. Anyone can run a DNS server. Furthermore, you don't need a DNS server to communicate with anything on the Internet. Thanks for addressing the backbone part of the question. ;) :D

moostraks
04-03-2009, 10:59 AM
They definitely don't want us spinning crop circles.

http://video.aol.com/video-search/query/sim:1535830293

Threw me for a loop with this one. Now I get it. LOl...

bossman068410
04-03-2009, 10:59 AM
It doesn't say he can't shut it down by WORMS and VIRUSES !!!!!!
It gives them complete control over how the net will be controlled.

LittleLightShining
04-03-2009, 11:02 AM
It doesn't say he can't shut it down by WORMS and VIRUSES !!!!!!
It gives them complete control over how the net will be controlled.This is what I was thinking, too. This whole conficker thing and how the "experts" say it's not bad right now because it's "evolving" creeps me out.

LibertyEagle
04-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Executive Branch has had this capability for a very long time, through Executive Orders.

silverhawks
04-03-2009, 11:14 AM

I think they might be able to severely disable the internet since they will probably get a lot of cooperation out of big corporations, but I can't imagine it just disappearing.

You're confusing the web and the internet.

The internet is a worldwide network of computers.

The web is an information archive shared between those computers, hosted on servers.

The internet (the actual computer network) has a backbone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_backbone)of central connections.

For an example of this at work...

Zimbabwe's Internet Has Been Switched Off (http://denfordmagora.blogspot.com/2009/03/zimbabwes-internet-has-been-switched.html)

Xenophage
04-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks for addressing the backbone part of the question. ;) :D

Don't know what you mean by 'backbone'.

Is that like, the main PVC pipe that's so big it doesn't have to turn 2's into 1's and 0's so they can make a 90 degree angle when you flush your computer?

silverhawks
04-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Don't know what you mean by 'backbone'.

Is that like, the main PVC pipe that's so big it doesn't have to turn 2's into 1's and 0's so they can make a 90 degree angle when you flush your computer?

Actually networking is EXACTLY like plumbing, just with information instead of water. :)

Think of the backbone as a mainline pipe bringing in water to the USA, which then distributes out to smaller pipes, that you hook your home or business up to.

Xenophage
04-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Actually networking is EXACTLY like plumbing, just with information instead of water. :)

Think of the backbone as a mainline pipe bringing in water to the USA, which then distributes out to smaller pipes, that you hook your home or business up to.

Man, that's gotta be a big pipe. Aren't there leaks?

Xenophage
04-03-2009, 11:35 AM
You guys need to understand there is no single backbone. What is sometimes referred to as a 'backbone' is actually a rather large network that connects through one or several high bandwidth links to other large networks. A map of the internet and all its 'backbones' would look a little bit like a map of the synaptic connections inside a brain. Massive, massive inter-connectivity.

You're not going to take out "The USA's backbone" and take down the internet. There's not a single link, or even a few dozen links, that connect USA to the rest of the world. There's LOTS. :) EDIT: I exaggerated a bit.

That's like saying if the Federal Reserve closed down the economy would stop.

JoshLowry
04-03-2009, 12:26 PM

Congressman Rockefeller,

Go sit on a sharp stick you treasonous bastard.

In liberty,

Zach
Guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Executive Branch has had this capability for a very long time, through Executive Orders.

Tell a popular rumor often enough and then when it comes time to pass actual legislation on it and no one worries about it because you thought they already had the power.

(There was someone talking about the 2nd amendment and the registration of guns just recently that relates to this argument.)

Anyone know which video I am talking about?

Lisle16
04-03-2009, 12:32 PM
The Rockefellers are an incredibly evil family that have established a powerful oligarchy over this nation.

This doesn't surprise me at all, unfortunately.

acptulsa
04-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Now then. Here we have an R trying to gain power for a D. Obviously, there just isn't a difference.

Good angle to play up, I think.

LibertyEagle
04-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Tell a lie often enough and then when it comes time to pass actual legislation on it and no one worries about it because you thought they already had the power.

It is not my understanding that Executive Orders were intended to apply to anyone but those under the President's span of control. However, that is not how they have been used.

It is these that I am referring to and no, I was not implying that we shouldn't fight this legislation. My comment pertained to how far gone we are.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

constituent
04-03-2009, 12:52 PM
i swear it's just exhausting trying to keep up with all this stuff. Everyday it's something new and more sinister.

Protest against one and by the time you're done they've introduced 5 or 10 more.

beware walt hippyland!

Carole
04-03-2009, 01:12 PM
I swear it's just exhausting trying to keep up with all this stuff. Everyday it's something new and more sinister.

I think that is the plan. :D

Carole
04-03-2009, 01:20 PM

What the fuck is a cyber-Katrina?!

It should rattle everyone. Repubs and Dems will read that and go, oh it's nothing to worry about, the libertarians worry about everything.

Power hungry fucks. This shit ticks me off.

Alrighty then...

Morse code
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_code
:D

acptulsa
04-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Alrighty then...

Morse code
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_code

Don't forget semaphores!

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-03-2009, 01:33 PM
rockefeller is paranoid after watching live free or die hard

acptulsa
04-03-2009, 01:34 PM
rockefeller is paranoid after watching live free or die hard

And just because he's paranoid doesn't mean we aren't out to ruin him.

dr. hfn
04-03-2009, 01:36 PM
unbelievable!

Carole
04-03-2009, 01:38 PM

Semaphore Flag Signalling System
http://www.anbg.gov.au/flags/semaphore.html

bkreigh
04-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Im live in Maine and just wanted to tell you guys that you are welcome! Sen. Snowe...Isn't she just a peach? Sen. Collins is pretty awesome as well.

JoshLowry
04-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Im live in Maine and just wanted to tell you guys that you are welcome! Sen. Snowe...Isn't she just a peach? Sen. Collins is pretty awesome as well.

Call Senator Snowe for me and tell her to sit on a sharp stick.

They want the internet. Badly.

silverhawks
04-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Check this out.

Olympia Snowe’s net worth was between $15,018,074 and $51,599,001 in 2007, according to Snowe’s mandated financial disclosure statements.

John Rockefeller’s net worth was between $59,897,019 and $127,533,003 in 2007, according to Rockefeller’s mandated financial disclosure statements.

Please tell me how these Senators IN ANY WAY can relate to average Americans AT ALL. How can they POSSIBLY hope to represent anyone?

This is not a government of the people for the people. This is an institutionalised oligarchy.

We need to take back governance, and take money - ALL money - out of politics.

Here's some collected info on these two:

Olympia Snowe (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=300091)

OpenSecrets: Olympia Snowe (http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/summary.php?cid=N00000480)

John Rockefeller (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=300084)

OpenSecrets: John Rockefeller (http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/summary.php?cid=N00001685)

werdd
04-04-2009, 10:25 AM

They could nationalize all the ISP's in the US. This could likely be done cheaper than GM and Chrysler to date.

If people really wanted the internet to perservere in this kind of SHTF scenario, they would have to start networking house to house block to block. And even then to have any sort of long distance communication between cities and states, you would have to relay between these local networks via satelite for any sort of highspeed.

another option is HAMMING into a local database, where everyone has their own dedicated frequency. That database could synchronize with an other database over long distance repeaters constantly. The idea is to run many paralell 9600bps connections to = highspeed connection between two backbones.

Even then, to the end user it would be incredibly slow, and to mean anything at all communications boards would have to be simple telnet session ASCII forum type deals.

Deborah K
04-04-2009, 10:29 AM

Yeah....it's like trying to kill a cockroach infestation one at a time. Futile.

silverhawks
04-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah....it's like trying to kill a cockroach infestation one at a time. Futile.

True. The answer is simple: take back governance.

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."

-Ed Howdershelt

Deborah K
04-04-2009, 11:21 AM
True. The answer is simple: take back governance.

How? Fumigate? http://i39.tinypic.com/2k3es9.jpg

silverhawks
04-04-2009, 11:49 AM
How? Fumigate? http://i39.tinypic.com/2k3es9.jpg

Look at what else I posted. ;)

We're past the soapbox stage. Time for the ballot box, taking back offices all across the country.

Past that, well...

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
~ John F Kennedy

It is important that the criminals trying to tear down the Republic from within are brought to justice and tried in a court of law, according to a jury of their peers. The rule of law MUST be restored and respected in this country, as the first step of restoring the Republic as a whole. To do otherwise is embrace the worst of democracy and eventually anarchy, leaving us vulnerable to another oligarchy or dictatorship.

tangent4ronpaul
04-04-2009, 06:03 PM

That's were you have an incident like a worm or a bot net hitting high spam mode that locals and private industry are dealing with competantly and the federal gvmt steps in, starts ordering everyone arround and makes things worse.

Remember: To error is human, but to totally fuck everything up beyond any semblence of recognition requires the federal government.

The internet was built to be redundant and resilient to the point of being able able to route arround a nuclear war. Then is got popular and big business smelled a dollar so started buying up all the small ISP's. And because it was convienent and more cost effective, they started installing NOC's then routing all traffic through that NOC - even if it's only headed a mile down the road every packet had to travel to say Texas even if it was local to New Hampshire. Redundancy and Relilience cost money - bad... centrelized control makes money - good - that's why one yahoo with a back hoe can knock out service to tens of millions of customers for days.. It happens from time to time. Same reasons we have just in time shipping - all pre-planned and coordinated with production runs so they can eliminate warehouse space. it also regularly creates shortages, including for medicine. Same reason our jobs are being shipped over seas - it's more profitable.

No, the Internet is a lot more vulnerable than it used to be and shutting down at least most of it would not be that hard.

-t

akihabro
04-04-2009, 06:04 PM
OMG the traffic lights will stop working. This country will fail and the sky will fall since we won't know how to comprehend with a non working light at an intersection. If any intelligent moron knows anything about computers, you back up your information or keep an analogue record.

GunnyFreedom
04-04-2009, 06:05 PM

When is he up for re-election? Let me know when you need help.

Knighted
04-08-2009, 01:15 AM
I think it's past time that Olympia Snowe quit fooling around with that capital R and put on the Democrat cap. Wasn't she also one of the only two Republican senators who voted for the monumentally wasteful stimulus bill?

idiom
04-08-2009, 04:31 AM
Shutting down the internet is pretty easy within your borders. Its a good argument for having good root servers etc in your own country.

The internet is much more useful powered up. Just get everyone to use a common email system. Or maybe, draw out their social networks for you, who their friends are etc. They might even give you pictures of themselves if you ask nicely.

Dripping Rain
04-09-2009, 04:35 PM
how the hell can he shut down the internet? not possible. You probably mean control the local internet. he may probably shut down american internet. but then people can connect through sattellite phones through other countries easy

idiom
04-09-2009, 04:47 PM
how the hell can he shut down the internet? not possible. You probably mean control the local internet. he may probably shut down american internet. but then people can connect through sattellite phones through other countries easy

Because you hand compile your own compilers and build your own hardware?

klamath
04-09-2009, 04:50 PM

Im becoming less and less suprised with the insane ideas beaurocrats come up with. If this passes, it will be the final straw for me, and many other IT-focused individuals.

Regulation killed an alternate net on the ham bands years ago. Hams used to be at the cutting edge of technology but with the age of computers the baud rate was so restricted on the ham bands packit radio as it was called mostly died away and with it most of a new tech savy group of young hams that wanted to be at the cutting edge of computer technology.

Dojo
04-18-2009, 09:08 AM
YouTube - Jay Rockefeller Internet should have never existed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyEFcohBGhc)

Note at 2:20......The Intelligence commitee met in an " Undisclosed place" In Virginia to discuss this........... Hmmmmmmmmmm

"A fearsome, awesome PROBLEM" Mr Jay Rockefeller says we have

We have to stay on top of this, I believe we ARE being an unexpected burden with the help of the internet, so they will try to put and end to it......

HOLLYWOOD
04-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Here's the excuse that government is going to use:

Estonia recovers from massive denial-of-service attack

Postings on Web sites indicate Russian hackers may be involved in the attacks

http://www.infoworld.com/d/security-central/estonia-recovers-massive-denial-service-attack-188

The government already has ALL vital communication centers/relays/connections/hubs/colos/etc listed/protected/TARGETED... so they'll use an attack from 2 years ago, for todays America Electronic control. The Network and long haul companies have new precautions in the cyber security and denial of servicce attacks. we don't need anything from government because, this is about government, by government, for government... not Americans

Cyber Martial Law shutting down all the COLOs, Dark Fiber across the nation and spacial Internet links.

Any excuse to PROTECT THEMSELVES and CONTROL the PEOPLE.
Democrat Rockefeller and Republican Olympia Snow proves the FASCIST STATES of AMERICA is across party lines all for government.

Beware of ANY government politician that states they are "PROTECTING" you or anything.

WOW, Olympia Snow has turned out to be quite the Destructive Republican, eh? Or this is the Fascism that selects special politicians to do the dirty work. Sounds just like that Maryland US Senator Milkulski being the sponsor/draftor of the immigration/amnesty bill for Pelosi/Feinstein/Boxer/McCain/etc other in the effected states... pick someone secure in their political position, that doesn't directly effect their state. This is something the MSM has picked-up, yet.

Just like Senator Thad Cochran form Mississippi that pushed the wierd wording SAFE IMPORT DRUG ACT. The Pharma's came up with the political donations, especially to the FDA ($350 MILLION) and the Senate came up with Cochran to call foreign drugs from Canada, Britian, France and Germany as dangerous. They were also up to 90% cheaper in cost compared to American Pharma versions. It's all a scam and charade to mask the true objectives by these politicians.

Brassmouth
04-18-2009, 11:31 AM

You don't think democracy actually works, do you?

emazur
06-27-2009, 12:34 AM
"Rockefeller seeks July action on cybersecurity bill"
http://www.nextgov.com/nextgov/ng_20090626_2244.php
http://digg.com/security/Internet_nazi_Jay_Rockefeller_to_ram_thru_cyber_bi ll_in_July

Rockefeller's team has been meeting with government and industry stakeholders to fine-tune the bill so it will be more warmly received when it goes before the committee, she added. She made her remarks at an event at Google's Washington office.

Last month, Obama pledged to personally select a cyber czar who would report to the National Security Council and National Economic Council, but the position remains vacant.

Rockefeller's bill would have the Commerce Department devise a real-time IT monitoring program and require cyber standards for all federal agencies, contractors and grantees.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-27-2009, 02:09 AM
Isn't that what China does during protests? Shut down the internet in the Area? Then the killings can begin. Mwehehe.

sevin
06-27-2009, 02:29 AM
Isn't that what China does during protests? Shut down the internet in the Area? Then the killings can begin. Mwehehe.

yup.

Optatron
06-27-2009, 04:59 AM
Iranian protests show how absolutely necessary it is to shut down the internet if you want to be a tyrant.

max
06-27-2009, 06:42 AM

Because, as a blue blood Rockefeller, he has so much in common with the people of West Virginia :rolleyes:

muh_roads
06-27-2009, 07:19 AM
if it's critical infrastructure then why is it connected to the Internet and insecure?

It is not unsecured. He's just following his masters...Bilderberg orders. They now see how the power of the internet can work against their own plans. It allows the people to organize and allow things like HR 1207 to gain steam.

I guess it is a pretty safe bet to say all Rockefeller's are douchebags running wild?

armstrong
06-27-2009, 08:06 AM
nothing is surprising anymore or for the last 2 years or so,,I am in fear mostly for my children and the world they are left with. it truly feels everyone is waiting for someone else to do something so if we all wait for that it is truly to late

tangent4ronpaul
06-27-2009, 07:18 PM

Any event where the Internet is effective at preventing a stealing of our rights or the wholesale selling out of the country. If the "wrong" people get too popular in an upcoming election. Things like that.

Of course the MSM will sell it as some nasty worm or Chicom hackers attacking the US infrastructure.

-t

haaaylee
06-27-2009, 08:02 PM
its HR 266

think HR 666

LibForestPaul
06-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Of course the government could just jam the frequencies if they really wanted to.

Spread spectrum ham radios.:D

LibForestPaul
06-27-2009, 08:28 PM
YouTube - Jay Rockefeller Internet should have never existed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyEFcohBGhc)

Note at 2:20......The Intelligence commitee met in an " Undisclosed place" In Virginia to discuss this........... Hmmmmmmmmmm

"A fearsome, awesome PROBLEM" Mr Jay Rockefeller says we have

We have to stay on top of this, I believe we ARE being an unexpected burden with the help of the internet, so they will try to put and end to it......

What the hell is he on? He is just rambling nonsense. Senile, demented and power hunger nut...