PDA

View Full Version : What type of politician would you be? Find out with this test!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
04-03-2009, 01:47 AM
Interesting stuff!

http://www.humanmetrics.com/politics/politicalsuccess.htm

I scored a 32% on both Rational and Inspired

Rational

He is a steady and rational person who can define his goals precisely, distinguishing between what he really need and what he can easily do without. This type of person is able to learn from previous experience. He feels and values the present and think seriously about the future. He takes his affairs seriously, evaluating carefully their importance to him as well as the feasibility of their execution.

Such person is capable and disposed to evaluate soberly his possibilities within the context of various circumstances. He considers the consequences of his deeds. He has the courage both to make a decision and, when necessary, to reject it. Having made a decision he doesn't hesitate, but carry it out energetically.

In trying to reach his goal he is capable of overcoming many obstacles and difficulties, at the same time evaluating the importance of this goal to him and his potential for achieving it, as well as his possible gains and losses.

This type of person easily become friend with people who make a good impression on him and he gladly gives them whatever help he can without expecting compensation or profit.

He has his own opinion on many social and political issues, but doesn't like to thrust it on others. A sense of self-dignity is intrinsic in such person and he does not need to prove his merits to others nor demonstrate superiority over them. He is aware of the limits of his abilities and is satisfied when he has exploited them to the fullest.

His personality is well-balanced between stability and safety, and risk and daring. This type of person tries to set himself realistic goals but this may limit the level of his expectations and the realization of his potential. As a rule, success encourages him to reach toward higher levels and to attain goals he previously never hoped for.

Men of this character resemble the type to which Benjamin Franklin and Franklin D. Roosevelt belonged, and women resemble Margaret Thatcher.

Inspired

Such a person is always obsessed by his idea and persists in advocating and spreading it no matter how it is accepted by society around him. Developing and putting into effect this idea produces in him a pleasurable state of mind and gives him a reason for living.

There are a relatively small number of such people in the world, but many of them are universally known because their conviction, faith and determination promulgated ideas that influenced history. Famous personages who are close to this type include the biblical Abraham, the apostle Paul, Mohammed, religious reformers Martin Luther, John Calvin and Jan Gus, explorers who changed the understanding of global geography like Columbus and Magellan, Galilei, Copernicus, philosopher-utopists like Thomas More and Tommaso Campanella, inventors like Fulton, and revolutionists like Robespierre and Lenin. There are also among them founders of various religious sects and of political movements.

The distinctive characteristic of such persons is their complete preoccupation with their idea; it becomes their purpose in life and they see their lives as the means to implement this idea or as the time period in which they can reach their goals. Their idea extremely important to them and without them they cannot imagine their lives.

This type of person is pointed towards the future, the time when his goal will be reached. Obstacles and dangers do not stop him; on the contrary, they stimulate his activity.

He treats people around him according to how these people see his ideas and goals: if these people share his goals he will treat them well; if they are indifferent or hostile to his ideas, he will be indifferent or hostile to them; and if they do not approve of them, or worse, are opposed to them, he will regard them as enemies and will hate them.

This type of person, if obsessed by social, political or religious ideas, sees all of mankind as the object of his concern, and he loves mankind as a whole more than individual people. He is ready to sacrifice individual people for the sake of a "common happiness" but not if those individuals are his faithful fellow-fighters. He is also ready to sacrifice himself for his idea. He does not spare either himself or others.

Such a person is egocentric in the sense that he considers himself the center of all events - but he is not egotistical. He does not have purely personal interests. His interests often range beyond the limits of his main idea or obsession and his knowledge in different spheres is striking. He will have his own point of view on all subjects and it is almost always interesting to listen to what he has to say. He is often surrounded by followers or disciples who are equally passionate about his ideas, but he has only one or two really close friends.

He suffers major setbacks and even tragedies stoically, turning aside to immerse himself ever deeper in his cause.

I also scored 27% as "authoritarian" and 5% as "adventerous". On the political performance index I scored in the high category with 90%.

So take the test and post your results. This could be interesting.

LATruth
04-03-2009, 02:10 AM
Unless it has a section for "despotic dictator" I refuse to take the test. You take it for me! NOW! :D

LittleLightShining
04-03-2009, 02:28 AM
My political performance index is 76%.

36% rational
18% authoritarian
14% adventurous
27% inspired

emazur
04-03-2009, 03:12 AM
My political performance index is 59%.
50% rational
18% authoritarian
23% adventurous
0% inspired

Agent CSL
04-03-2009, 03:29 AM
37% Authoritarian
27% Inspired
23% Rational
23% Adventurous

Authoritarian

People of this type are self-confident, firmly convinced of the rightness of their beliefs. People who do not share their opinions irritate them and they do not mask their annoyance. Such a person is inclined to give advice to others to keep them from making mistakes but he himself does not like being given unsolicited advice.

Typically, he never entertains doubts or hesitations and he cannot understand people who constantly rummage in their souls. Most of all he values order and stability in everything around him. Order and stability are his priorities in interaction with his colleagues and the way his organization functions. Such a person is demanding of his subordinates, making no excuse for their smallest setbacks or disobedience. He does not countenance the slightest infringement of his rights. His superiors appreciate him as an industrious worker while he appreciates his supervisors for their clear and concrete directions.

As a rule, he tries to control himself, especially in regard to the relationship with his superiors. However, he is inclined to outbursts of anger after which he generally quickly gets hold of himself and recover. But not always. In situations where, due to his subordinate status, he is unable to respond adequately to an insult, he does not forget the offence and imagine revenge against his offender.

On the whole, he is a person with a practical turn of mind and character. He possesses a highly developed sense of reality and the present is what he values most of all. He is not inclined to daydream about the past.

At election time he votes for the candidates who stand for principles of power and who seem capable of ensuring rigid order even by tough measures. If his self-esteem has been wounded, or his rights or interests infringed, he can become aggressive. In an extreme turn for the worse – social upheaval, for example - persons of this type react strongly to the event by active protest. As they have a good sense of reality they are able to correctly judge the very core of political demands and social needs. Due to their audacity they are frequently at the head of public social movements. Although they clearly express the public's dissatisfaction and show the way to social protest, they never forget their own personal needs and material interests which always come first with them. After achieving victory, they have no doubts about using the results of that victory to satisfy their own personal demands and gain corresponding privileges.

Persons of this type are considered to be perfect candidates for the law-and-order services, such as the police, where spontaneous action and courage are required. Men of this type were the pride of ancient Rome where they were centurions, and in our day they frequently fill high positions in the military.

coyote_sprit
04-03-2009, 03:34 AM
Depends which side is offering the most money. I'm only as corrupt as I'm paid to be, don't need a test to tell me that.

Tabby
04-03-2009, 06:19 AM
Political Performance Index 34%

5% Rational
50% Authoritarian
64% Adventurous
32% Inspired

Kludge
04-03-2009, 06:33 AM
Rational 64 %

Authoritarian 23 %

Adventurous 18 %

Inspired 9%

Political Performance Index 72%

LittleLightShining
04-03-2009, 06:39 AM
Rational 64 %

Authoritarian 23 %

Adventurous 18 %

Inspired 9%

Political Performance Index 72%
Wow! You're very rational.

Kludge
04-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Wow! You're very rational.

And Authoritarian!

Given this new information showing just how rational I am, I suggest not challenging me when I tell you to do something. It's for your own good!

LittleLightShining
04-03-2009, 06:57 AM
And Authoritarian!

Given this new information showing just how rational I am, I suggest not challenging me when I tell you to do something. It's for your own good!Ok, and likewise you be inspired by my inspiration!

Conza88
04-03-2009, 07:38 AM
This poll is full of fail.

ronpaulhawaii
04-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Jeeez, this doesn't bode well for my tyrant status...

Political Performance Index 59%
51% - 75% Moderately high

Rational % (http://www.humanmetrics.com/politics/Rationalpp.asp) 41
Authoritarian % (http://www.humanmetrics.com/politics/Authoritarianpp.asp) 0
Adventurous % (http://www.humanmetrics.com/politics/Adventurouspp.asp) 14
Inspired % (http://www.humanmetrics.com/politics/Inspiredpp.asp) 14

Kludge
04-03-2009, 07:44 AM
This poll is full of fail.

I think someone was ranked as an authoritarian :p

LittleLightShining
04-03-2009, 07:46 AM
Jeeez, this doesn't bode well for my tyrant status...

Political Performance Index 59%
51% - 75% Moderately high

Rational % (http://www.humanmetrics.com/politics/Rationalpp.asp) 41
Authoritarian % (http://www.humanmetrics.com/politics/Authoritarianpp.asp) 0
Adventurous % (http://www.humanmetrics.com/politics/Adventurouspp.asp) 14
Inspired % (http://www.humanmetrics.com/politics/Inspiredpp.asp) 14hehe I always said you weren't a tyrant!

I think someone was ranked as an authoritarian :pI think you're right ;) I'm pleased with my results. This poll is full of WIN! Woooooooo!

specsaregood
04-03-2009, 07:50 AM
Political Performance Index 66%

Rational % = 59
Authoritarian % = 18
Adventurous % = 14
Inspired % = 0

Dang, it says I am not inspired at all.

Conza88
04-03-2009, 08:08 AM
I think someone was ranked as an authoritarian :p

I haven't even taken the test yet.

Roosevelt ranked as no. 1............. nuff said.

Kludge
04-03-2009, 08:10 AM
I haven't even taken the test yet.

Roosevelt ranked as no. 1............. nuff said.

Well, I don't think you can say he was too shabby at politicking.

s35wf
04-03-2009, 09:08 AM
im only 31% political performance

Rational % Authoritarian % Adventurous % Inspired %
14 9 5 9

guess that means i wouldnt make a good politicean

LATruth
04-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Well, I don't think you can say he was too shabby at politicking.

NO, he just stole all of your wealth. And mine.

reduen
04-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Rational % Authoritarian % Adventurous % Inspired % = 14 14 5 18

Whatever that means... lol

Xenophage
04-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Rational 59%
Authoritarian 14%
Adventurous 5%
Inspired 23%

Aratus
04-03-2009, 11:57 AM
PPI = 93%

Ra=55%

Au=18%

Ad=14%

In=36%

Xenophage
04-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Guess I should be a politician. It ranked me at 86%, at the bottom of the High category.

Who wants to vote for me!?

ChaosControl
04-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Poli 72
R32
Auth9
Adv9
I36

Nirvikalpa
04-03-2009, 12:18 PM
:D

Rational: 23%
Inspired: 23%
Authoritarian: 14%
Adventurous: 5%

Political Performance Index: 69% (damn)

acptulsa
04-03-2009, 12:24 PM
83%

50/14/5/23

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
04-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Wow .... so far I would make the best politician according to the index. This is a sad, sad day at RPF.

Kludge
Wow .... so far I would make the best politician according to the index. This is a sad, sad day at RPF.

Aratus scored higher than you...

Aratus
i seriously was thinking of running for Teddy Kennedy's senate seat in 2012, and was
perfectly willing to run against the Democrat for what its worth, whether i get the backing
of the Libertarian Party or not. i don't quite expect to be the g.o.p candidate, yet i still
want to run. maybe the 93% hints to me i do have the focus to get issues before the public

Elwar
04-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Performance: 59%

Rational: 59%
Authoritarian: 5%
Adventurous: 5%
Inspired: 5%

These numbers don't add up to 100%.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
04-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Aratus scored higher than you...

so she did..... YES... the pressure is off :D

acptulsa
04-03-2009, 12:33 PM
i seriously was thinking of running for Teddy Kennedy's senate seat in 2012, and was
perfectly willing to run against the Democrat for what its worth, whether i get the backing
of the Libertarian Party or not. i don't quite expect to be the g.o.p candidate, yet i still
want to run. maybe the 93% hints to me i do have the focus to get issues before the public

I wonder how Massachusetts voters would react to a series of campaign speeches in iambic pentameter.

so he did..... YES... the pressure is off :D

Her. So the pressure's not off. You have to hold up the male end of the forum for us!

Aratus
04-03-2009, 12:33 PM
i didn't puff up my score! on MY word! i usually don't immediately think of margaret thatcher
when i think of my feminist role models, and yes, i'm above 33.3% when "inspired" is factored in!

Aratus
04-03-2009, 12:35 PM
i'm a she... and maybe i sorta do come across like dame maggie thatcher.... sorta
even though i don't quite look like her! please do ask ronpaulhawaii about this one...

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
04-03-2009, 12:37 PM
i'm a she... and maybe i sorta do come across like dame maggie thatcher.... sorta
even though i don't quite look like her! please do ask ronpaulhawaii about this one...

I stand gender corrected.

Aratus
04-03-2009, 12:40 PM
i had a campaign speech and teabag in mind. as in get an empty coffee cup
and discuss teas and teabags like ms. marple, and namedrop http addys galore,
i go into my ancestry that can be blueblood at times, and yes, there were loyalists in
my family tree, and easily an ancestor who was part of our revolution. i am happily now
pegging my poetical thoughts to the idea that dear sweet teddy kennedy could run again!
i'd be nice. i'd like easily four debates between all contenders for the senate who are on
the ballot. i wouldn't go to any more outdoors or public gatherings than would dear sweet
teddy kennedy. the debates would contrast leadership styles in the realm of ideas. now
if the g.o.p person would also join me in this, as well as the libertarian or constitution
or green party candidate, cool! i'd even run as the boston tea party candidate... i
really have my ideas and opinions on teas... and the teas that merrily went into
boston's harbor in the 1770s and what they tasted like! i have epithanies

acptulsa
04-03-2009, 12:42 PM
i have my ideas and opinions on teas...

Well, I'd vote for you. But since that would be illegal, I wouldn't tell anyone if I were you...

...or, for that matter, if I were me. Wouldn't be you in jail, would it?

nate895
04-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Overall Performance: 59%

Rational: 41%
Authoritarian: 9%
Adventurous: 9%
Inspired: 14%

Aratus
04-03-2009, 12:53 PM
how could voting for baystater aratus be illegal? i'm a baystater and were i to run
for teddy's seat in 2012, i wouldn't be shy or retiring about it. i wouldn't be rude to
the auld lion of the senate, i would however be quite able to distance myself from his
stances. my worry is that the g.o.p person might pick up on what i'd say about the blend
of teas in that there shoppe inside fanueil hall that i happened to purchase a $3.00
touristy packet thereto of. i admit even though it was over-priced, i liked the blend...

acptulsa
04-03-2009, 12:57 PM
how could voting for baystater aratus be illegal?

Simple--I'm a registered Sooner!

Of course, you could set up a Chicago-style machine; then it wouldn't matter. Hell, then I could vote for you while dead.

Standing Like A Rock
04-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Political Performance Indicator

Political Performance Index 97%

Political Profile

Rational % Authoritarian % Adventurous % Inspired %
50 23 14 32

dgr
04-03-2009, 02:25 PM
I got a 45% 27-9-9-0. When I get over my self conflict about the GOP I'll take it again

Aratus
04-03-2009, 02:26 PM
i've been displaced from first place! by a RPFs person from connecticut! cool! i can grok this!
i'm not quite as disciplined, most evidently, yet am slightly more logical, and we both are inspired!

Aratus
04-03-2009, 02:27 PM
dgr... there is hope for the g.o.p in this century...

hillertexas
04-03-2009, 05:28 PM
My political performance index is 59%.

27% rational
14% authoritarian
9% adventurous
14% inspired

satchelmcqueen
04-03-2009, 07:05 PM
moderate and rational

silverhawks
04-03-2009, 07:09 PM