PDA

View Full Version : Do gov't officials sign an oath?

RSLudlum
04-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Do the officials in the gov't actually sign an oath swearing to uphold the Constitution and if so, are copies of these publicly available, and how do I go about acquiring them?

I'd like to send/present copies of my representatives' own oaths to themselves with a letter and copies to the local media.

pcosmar
04-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Do the officials in the gov't actually sign an oath swearing to uphold the Constitution and if so, are copies of these publicly available, and how do I go about acquiring them?

I'd like to send/present copies of my representatives' own oaths to themselves with a letter and copies to the local media.

Do you have any evidence that they give a damn?

RSLudlum
04-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Do you have any evidence that they give a damn?

No, but that's the entire point of also approaching the local media with the documents.

I have been running into many people that are at least talking about the Constitution, and the officials' signed oaths are yet another tool I could use to inform people of the representatives' breach of contract they voluntarily entered into.

silverhawks
04-02-2009, 11:14 PM
http://uspolitics.about.com/od/usgovernment/a/oaths_of_office_4.htm

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.