PDA

View Full Version : Why Wait??? RP2012

UtahApocalypse
04-02-2009, 12:39 PM
After the April fools fiasco of a "Ron Paul Announcement" I go to thinking. Why Wait?? The grass roots is what powered the previous campaign, and drew in its most exposure. Why Wait??

We do not know if Ron Paul will accept a run for President. We do not know who would be a successor if he does not. Again though I ask, Why wait??

We have the ablity to create amazing things; Music, Videos, Signs, websites, and the list goes on and on. Right now we have no direction. Why wait??

No matter if Ron Paul accepts the bid or not I say why wait. Yesterday April 1st, 2009 the campaign kicked off. I saw how many people were excited by the prospect of another campaign. Why wait??

We can start a campaign, unfettered by the FEC since there is no 'Official' campaign for them to monitor. We can set up a huge money bomb, spend a few months preparing it. Then Really launch a bid with a bang. Why wait??

I know this Ron Paul IS right on the economy, foreign policy, domestic issues, and following the great document that started our nation. Lets tell America. Why wait??

The Revolution Continues, Ron Paul - President 2012 begins now.

Why Wait??

jake
04-02-2009, 12:42 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=181461

Rangeley
04-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Why wait? Because theres more going on than the Presidential race. Theres legislation that needs opposing, taxes that need protesting, debt that needs stopping, congressmen who need contacting, and even 2010 races that need campaigning. All of these things will help lay the groundwork for a 2012 run - whoever ends up running with our support - much more than prematurely beginning the Presidential race outright in 2009. Those are the things that shouldn't wait, because they are relevant now and helpful later.

rp08orbust
04-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Why wait? Because theres more going on than the Presidential race. Theres legislation that needs opposing, taxes that need protesting, debt that needs stopping, congressmen who need contacting, and even 2010 races that need campaigning. All of these things will help lay the groundwork for a 2012 run - whoever ends up running with our support - much more than prematurely beginning the Presidential race outright in 2009. Those are the things that shouldn't wait, because they are relevant now and helpful later.

Why not do all of the above and get ready for 2012?

I believe step 1 should be winning the 2010 CPAC straw poll. Please see http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=186253

Rangeley
04-02-2009, 01:30 PM
By doing those things, you do get ready for 2012. Getting people elected in 2010 will have an immeasurable benefit for a 2012 run, and money bombs should be held for the 2010 people, not 2012 at this point.

Theres nothing wrong with going to CPAC and trying to win that straw poll, but thats an appropriate place for Presidential politics. In general, its simply too early, and to focus on the race in 2012 to the extent the OP is talking about would be to the detriment of actually useful things that will lay the groundwork for 2012.

Feelgood
04-02-2009, 06:53 PM
I really wish we could quash all these asinine threads. Ron Paul has already stated repeatedly he has no interest in running for POTUS again. Jesus Christ, leave the man alone, and drop this non-sense. There are much better things we can focus our attention on.

RP in 2012, aint gonna happen folks. Sorry, now time to move on.

ClayTrainor
04-02-2009, 06:59 PM
I really wish we could quash all these asinine threads. Ron Paul has already stated repeatedly he has no interest in running for POTUS again. Jesus Christ, leave the man alone, and drop this non-sense. There are much better things we can focus our attention on.

That's total nonsense....

Ron has neither confirmed nor denied a 2012 run, in any way shape or form. He's given some mixed statements when questioned. Sometimes it sounds like he won't, sometimes it sounds like he will, and sometimes it sounds like he's neutral.

You don't know anything more than i do, and Ron Paul certainly hasn't expressed any serious disinterest in a 2012 run. The door isn't locked yet, man ;)

Arklatex
04-02-2009, 08:16 PM
I think instead of attacking something someone, like lets say, yelling outside a federal reserve building - it's more productive to give the employees donuts as they come to work with napkins that say "quit debasing our savings please"

it's up to you what you put in the donuts =)

nate895
04-02-2009, 08:23 PM

Do I have to go to West Palm Beach with a drill to get the fact into your head that his office OFFICIALLY STATED that Ron Paul will make a decision by the middle of this year?

If he hasn't made a trip to the early states by the Holidays, he isn't going to run.

Besides, even if Ron Paul isn't running, in many states (including the all-important early states) you can enter names without the permission of the person on the ballot. That is how Eisenhower got elected, Senator Henry Cabot Lodge entered him in the New Hampshire Primary without asking.

If you are serious about this UtahApocalypse, PM me and we can try to form a real campaign. I helped to organize a small Draft Johnson campaign, but it isn't going anywhere and an interview he did when he was governor has led me to believe he isn't as pro-liberty as I had previously thought. I'm sorry to tell you, but we will still have to work through the FEC if we want to endorse a candidate, and that would also help with entering names into primaries that they aren't running in. It would be cool to totally draft a candidate like it was done for Eisenhower.