PDA

View Full Version : Obama: "My grandmother was a typical white person"

max
04-02-2009, 10:39 AM
collectivist crap...imagine if a white candidate talked about "typival black people"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8gnmUyminI

Xenophage
04-02-2009, 11:15 AM
"My grandfather was a typical black person."

LOL

Minarchy4Sale
04-02-2009, 11:22 AM
hmmm... I guess we whiteys are all produced in a factory...

brandon
04-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Honestly, I agree with Obama. As a white male who has lived in 90% black communities and been randomly assaulted for the color of my skin several times, I do put my guard up while passing an unknown black person on the street. And I think most white people are like this. And as Obama said, it doesn't mean we are racist or hold negative feelings about black people. It's just a learned response. Just like if you put a dog in a cage and play a sound every hour, and the sound is usually followed by the dog being sprayed in the face by water, eventually the dog will come to fear the sound itself.

silverhandorder
04-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Honestly, I agree with Obama. As a white male who has lived in 90% black communities and been randomly assaulted for the color of my skin several times, I do put my guard up while passing an unknown black person on the street. And I think most white people are like this. And as Obama said, it doesn't mean we are racist or hold negative feelings about black people. It's just a learned response. Just like if you put a dog in a cage and play a sound hour, and the sound is usually followed by the dog being sprayed in the face by water, eventually the dog will come to fear the sound itself.

I think the OPs point is that liberals would have a heart attack if we say a typical black person hates white people not that it is true. However both have little factual basis.

Fr3shjive
04-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Replace Obama with a white man and "typical white person" with "typical Black person" and you've got quite a controversy there.

But since Obama is black it okay.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-02-2009, 11:37 AM
collectivist crap...imagine if a white candidate talked about "typival black people"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8gnmUyminI

The real crime in Obama proudly wearing his African-American culture is how it amounts to him patronizing evil by dressing up in its clothing. Yet, the prior culture in Africa is no different than any of the other hideous tyrannies that once existed in a world when master classes peacefully enslaved the vast majority of humanity. The word to emphasize here is "peacefully" while the American solution does not necessarily use peace as a means but instead violence to insure that every citizen sits ideally at the same national dinner table.
While neoamericans like to complain about how foreign cultures have ruined the United States, neoamericanism itself has been perpetuated because of the fallacy that the root of American culture is European.
European culture is no better than any other culture.
The American solution cut the chord in that it was not based on any prior tradition but on science with that science being natural law. Such a political natural law superceded all former traditions of the past as well as any occurences that may happen in the future because it reduced down to an undeniable conclusion. That undeniable conclusion held that all men (both male and female) are created equal with a business agenda. Not just the gentlemen in this world.
In other words, our Founding-Fathers acted on the behalf of the subordinate people who served under the rule of a king ordained with God's sovereign authority. According to the belief of Socrates, all souls reduced to the same perfection. So, while the authority of the king is much greater than the subordinates who served under him, they still shared in their souls the same collective conscience. When a soul does not perceive that which is self-evidently true and unalienably a natural right, it is deemed not the soul of a king but of a tyrant.
Elaborating further, Plato shined a light on a primitive world that once viewed itself as a book made up of good and bad words. Rather than have them good and bad, Plato introduced the concept of having words as formal and informal. While the point of the book is its formal message, its thesis, this didn't necessarily mean that all the other informal words were bad.
This would be like saying that motherhood is bad because she holds herself informal to the extent that she reduces herself down and dies to give birth to the formal entity of a male child. The expression of what is motherhood isn't bad but is necessary to enhance the formal product which comes out of her with the male child being so special to her that she desires it more than her parts, the organs which make her up, and even the sum of her parts, her whole being.
While we have lots of informal clothes that we wear most of the time, we tend to at times dress up in formal attire.
In like manner, American culture is formal. The informal cultures aren't bad in comparison but are necessary to enhance that which has been deemed formal.