PDA

View Full Version : How to Make the Most of our Meetup in Richmond VA

murph
06-01-2007, 09:16 AM
A Meetup group has just been formed in Richmond, VA. I'm not the organizer but I have RSVP'd and it would be great to get some ideas from this group on what we could be doing to make this an effective Meetup in support of Ron Paul. Any suggestions?

Bradley in DC
06-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Keep me posted on when it is. I would be willing to drive down from DC and offer suggestions, if needed. I worked in Dr. Paul's office and have worked on many campaigns and am friends with nearly all of the current RP campaign people.

wwycher
06-01-2007, 09:41 AM
A Meetup group has just been formed in Richmond, VA. I'm not the organizer but I have RSVP'd and it would be great to get some ideas from this group on what we could be doing to make this an effective Meetup in support of Ron Paul. Any suggestions?
Hey Murph,
I am in that meetup group also. I am ready to meetup too. I have been talking to everyone I know about Ron Paul. Was thinking about store fronts, magnets, bumper stickers and public access tv. What about you? :D

wwycher
06-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Hey Murph, I am in that meetup group as well. I just posted, but it got erased.

Bryan
06-01-2007, 12:09 PM
My $0.02. Call up some of the other meet-up groups and see what they have done. Don't reinvent the wheel but every area is going to be different. You need to find the right balance between planning and doing. Read some of the posts in the "strategies" forums to help you out too.

My suggestion is to add a post-mortem after every action event to discus what was good and bad to help tailor the next event. Plan on some small actions (passing out flyers) and start to think big picture as well (can you do a fund raiser?). Our meet-up in Houston spent a few hours passing out flyers last weekend and will do it again this one. I hope we plan on an event every weekend so people can get in the habit, know when they'll be and can hit the ones that work out for them. Check the "Campaign Material" for some flyers.

Lastly- share with us what you do and ideas so the next team has more to go off of.

deborak
06-01-2007, 01:40 PM
I'm in the Richmond Meetup Group too. I think we'll have quite a struggle with the entrenched Republican status quo around here, but I'm willing to try anything.

vertesc
06-01-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm living in Charlottesville VA all summer... is that anywhere near Richmond?

sicsempertyrannis
06-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Downtown Richmond is about 70 miles east of Charlottesville....west end is even closer. It's an hour drive... I'm in this group also and am excited to meet.

murph
06-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the input. If anyone else in the region is interested then go to meetup.com and you'll find us.