PDA

View Full Version : Constitution/Libertarian Party Alliance at State Level Ever Been Done ?

raystone
04-02-2009, 08:27 AM
If a state wanted to form a coalition of Libertarian Party, Constitution Party, John Birch Society, C4L maybe even add the Green Party, Gun Owners of America, Veterans Groups, etc. to identify and support constitutional, small government candidates at the state level, is there an example to follow ?

Has it ever been tried before, successfully or unsuccessfully ?

nayjevin
04-02-2009, 08:48 AM
I don't know, but it's key -- Ron's idea to have the 3rd party candidates agree on specific tenets is what got me thinking about it.

raystone
04-02-2009, 07:18 PM
I don't know, but it's key -- Ron's idea to have the 3rd party candidates agree on specific tenets is what got me thinking about it.

Seems like a sizable voting bloc could be put together to win numerous districts.

torchbearer
04-02-2009, 07:22 PM
We did it to get Ron on the ballot in Louisiana.
of course, their were those people who put party and their by-laws before principle... they had nothing to do with it.. and will jump down your throat if you even suggested that our membership worked together.
I find these people to be the problem, not the solution.

RP4EVER
04-03-2009, 08:32 PM
It was done in Virginia between the Constitution and Independent Green Party....thats how Chuck Baldwin was on the Virginia ballot; and why the CP supported the Green Party candidates in everyother race

BarryDonegan
04-03-2009, 09:21 PM
I GOT AN IDEA!

lets merge them and call it the REPUBLICAN party!!

that would be a much more popular sounding name.

FrankRep
04-03-2009, 09:25 PM
If a state wanted to form a coalition of Libertarian Party, Constitution Party, John Birch Society, C4L maybe even add the Green Party, Gun Owners of America, Veterans Groups, etc. to identify and support constitutional, small government candidates at the state level, is there an example to follow ?

Has it ever been tried before, successfully or unsuccessfully ?

The Ohio Freedom Alliance is trying to do this.

http://www.ohiofreedom.com/forum/