PDA

View Full Version : is alan keyes really that crazy?

Jon S
09-17-2007, 10:27 PM
i looked up alan keyes on youtube to see if he truely was as crazy as he looked at the debate. the answer is no... surprisingly in some interviews he seems to be a fairly calm rational person. having his first public appearance make him look like a raving lunatic will, i think, end his chances of making a dent.

this debate also shows that he is a raving mad PANDERER and therefore still has no freakin chance of taking votes from anyone... except maybe huckabee's bat-shit crazy evangelical followers who don't think huckabee is crazy enough to get their vote

my take on this guy

tekkierich
09-17-2007, 10:33 PM
I think he just wanted to increase his speaking fees. Or even just get gigs. He has no shot.

Omnis
09-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I was there and he was mad crazy. He turned into one of those Sunday-morning pastors on BET. He can bob and weave like no other, though. I don't know if they showed it on TV, but Duncan Hunter was laughing at the way he was speaking a lot of the time.

cujothekitten
09-17-2007, 10:41 PM
I have met his daughter... yes he is really crazy.

dircha
09-17-2007, 10:41 PM
i looked up alan keyes on youtube to see if he truely was as crazy as he looked at the debate. the answer is no... surprisingly in some interviews he seems to be a fairly calm rational person. having his first public appearance make him look like a raving lunatic will, i think, end his chances of making a dent.

this debate also shows that he is a raving mad PANDERER and therefore still has no freakin chance of taking votes from anyone... except maybe huckabee's bat-shit crazy evangelical followers who don't think huckabee is crazy enough to get their vote

my take on this guy

This is by no means his first public appearance... Keyes is a known quantity. Same Keyes as in '96. Same Keyes as in 2000.

He becomes increasingly irrelevant as the years go on.

quickmike
09-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Ill tell ya what. If keyes gets more than 100,000 votes nationwide, Ill buy everyone here a shot of jose quervo 1800 gold........... and Ill deliever it personally.

dmitchell
09-17-2007, 10:46 PM
As far as substance is concerned, Keyes wasn't pandering. He really believes what he said.

Paulitician
09-17-2007, 10:57 PM
I just muted the TV when it was his turn to speak. He was really loud and obnoxious, had stupid body language and personally I didn't care what he had to say.

a2planet
09-17-2007, 10:58 PM
I lived next door to Alan Keyes when I was very young, for several years. Francis and I were best friends. 17213 Amity Drive.

I'm sure he means well, but he was a real jerk to Francis. I remember Francis telling me in like a November that he was grounded through summer vacation, over something that wasn't even a big deal. Another time Francis got belted because I accidentally disconnected a wire from his surround speakers--because I was Francis' responsibility as a guest in his house.

Only other thing I remember about his family, was they always had a better computer than my family did. I'd want to go over to his house just because he had these cool games on his computer.

Maya was really smart; I remember she read The Hobbit in first grade. I never got to know Andrew--he was a baby, and then they moved away when I was like 8.

As far as Alan's politics go--I knew nothing about them until I was older--it always seemed to me that all he really cared about was keeping the pro-life stance in the Republican platform. I don't think he's ever won an election, but he did well just campaigning; well enough to afford a better computer than my Dad could get with his patent lawyer salary...

LibertyEagle
09-17-2007, 11:22 PM
I have met his daughter... yes he is really crazy.

I feel really sorry for his daughter. :(

georgia_tech_swagger
09-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Alan Keyes ... the new Chuck Norris.

For the next round of questing, Alan Keyes will rip out the still beating heart of somebody in the audience for wearing leather pants.

Alan Keyes will personally sew every ***hole in San Francisco shut next weekend.

Alan Keyes made a gay man straight after just 5 minutes of speaking like Malcolm X.

Alan Keyes pulled over and arrested the entire California Highway Patrol in CHiPs.

Alan Keyes made Richard Simmons turn over his exercise franchise by merely giving Richard a menacing glance. It's now called "Sweating to hot p****."

Alan Keyes will detonate a nuclear weapon large enough to evaporate cloud cover any time a thunderstorm threatens to produce a rainbow.

Alan Keyes has purchased the BRAVO and Lifetime networks, and from now on they will only be airing the 700 Club.

Effective immediately, Alan Keyes has shut down all factories producing cowboy clothing.

Thanks to Alan Keyes, the penalty for ordering an appletini is now death.

V-rod
09-18-2007, 12:28 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/65/Alan_Keyes.jpg/240px-Alan_Keyes.jpg

"Don't Sass Me, Boy!"

BarryDonegan
09-18-2007, 12:31 AM
i think an african american republican will always be asked to run.

it brings an entire ethnic demographic into the party.

LibertyEagle
09-18-2007, 12:41 AM
I've never seen him talk before. In the past, before I knew that he studied under Strauss, was William Kristol's roommate and that Kristol helped him in one of his campaigns, I kinda liked the guy. He sounded like an utter loon in this debate. I felt like I was listening to the sermon on the mount.

american.swan
09-18-2007, 01:00 AM
i think an african american republican will always be asked to run.

it brings an entire ethnic demographic into the party.

Hey, I got an idea...lets get an African-American to run for president as a republican...see that way some african-american voters who were ignoring the Republican debates in favor of Obama can now tune in to said debates and by golly hear a lot of great things from some Doctor from Texas and decide to vote for him. Cool idea?

jacmicwag
09-18-2007, 01:03 AM
This guy makes Mike Gravel look like a pussy cat. He did manage a fair number of votes tonight which may say more about his audience than I care to comment on. I also recall he had a strong Iowa finish (third place I think) in one of his past Presidential runs. Maybe he'll help us with more spread. My concern is that Ron will be viewed more Keyes-like than responsible statesman just by virtue of sharing the same stage. Guilt (crazy) by association. I'm sure our friends in the Republican Party would be heartbroke if this were to happen.

jjschless
09-18-2007, 01:30 AM
This guy makes Mike Gravel look like a pussy cat. He did manage a fair number of votes tonight which may say more about his audience than I care to comment on. I also recall he had a strong Iowa finish (third place I think) in one of his past Presidential runs. Maybe he'll help us with more spread. My concern is that Ron will be viewed more Keyes-like than responsible statesman just by virtue of sharing the same stage. Guilt (crazy) by association. I'm sure our friends in the Republican Party would be heartbroke if this were to happen.

After this debate there is a healthy divide between Keyes and Dr. Paul. :D

Lord Xar
09-18-2007, 01:48 AM
putting him IN the presidential run might be something that is intentional to HELP Ron Paul.

Bobby Johnson
09-18-2007, 06:15 AM
I wouldn't suprise me if Alan Keyes was thrown into the race to dilute the support of Dr. Paul. He holds similar enough views that Christian conservatives who are yet unaware of Dr. Paul would throw their weight behind Keyes. After last nights debate the only sane choice for me is Dr. Paul. However, Keyes has something Dr. Paul lacks at this point: name recognition.

Lest you all think people would be too crazy to vote for Keyes here are the statistics from the 2000 election cycle from the ten top states:
Alabama 12%
Arkansas 20%
Idaho 19%
Iowa 14%
Minnesota 20%
Montana 18%
New Jersey 16%
Oregon 13%
Utah 21%
Wisconsin 10%

While I don't think Keyes has a chance to win the nomination, he will for sure dilute the vote for somebody else. Right now we are fighting at the grassroots level to get the word out about Ron Paul's message. You don't think people who want to maintain the status quo whether they are Democrat or Republican would just sit back and do nothing, did you?

TurtleBurger
09-18-2007, 07:36 AM
Keyes is more of a threat to Huckabee and Brownback than he is to Ron Paul. He has the same theocratic ideas that they do; he just does not sugarcoat them AT ALL.

Cowlesy
09-18-2007, 07:51 AM
I think he just wanted to increase his speaking fees. Or even just get gigs. He has no shot.

DingDingDingDingDing.

Winner!

angelatc
09-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Why is ok to call him crazy? I don't agree with him, but I think he's more of a zealot than he is mentally ill.

glts
09-18-2007, 08:31 AM
I think the reason Keyes is in the race is to try and take the African American votes away from Ron Paul. I also believe Romney is in the race to take the Mormon vote away from Ron Paul. The New World Order isn't stupid. They view us as a chess game. Everything they do has a reason.

richard1984
09-18-2007, 08:34 AM
Ill tell ya what. If keyes gets more than 100,000 votes nationwide, Ill buy everyone here a shot of jose quervo 1800 gold........... and Ill deliever it personally.

I'm gonna hold you to that, buddy.

Maybe I should start campaigning for Keyes.... :rolleyes:

Just joking.

But yeah. Keyes was cracking me up last night. Man that was funny!

atilla
09-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Why is ok to call him crazy? I don't agree with him, but I think he's more of a zealot than he is mentally ill.

from what i saw and heard, he is either a crazy person, or else he plays one on TV.

winston_blade
09-18-2007, 08:57 AM
Keyes rode in my mini-van once. I am not even joking.

My father had to pick him up from the airport so he could speak at the university my father worked at. This was at least ten years ago though.

nullvalu
09-18-2007, 09:08 AM
OMG did you all catch that guy during the debate who had found the GAY CURE!?!? What ridiculous bullcrap! basically "I found God and he made straight -- see, gays are all the work of the devil and are heathens! .. Will you work to make sure all gays are turned straight through the forced word of God?"

lol.. actually i forgot his question I was just so astounded.. he also said he was married and had children.. Seriously.. what kind of "woman" would marry a "man" like that?

the really sick part is the crowd roared in applause when he said he wasn't gay anymore.. hahaha wtf?!

james1906
09-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Keyes rode in my mini-van once. I am not even joking.

My father had to pick him up from the airport so he could speak at the university my father worked at. This was at least ten years ago though.

Does the smell of his BS still linger inside?