PDA

View Full Version : TSA Detains/Harasses C4L Guy in St. Louis [Youtube]

mrchubbs
04-01-2009, 06:27 PM
In case you missed it...

Here is the segment from Freedom Watch today where the Judge plays the audio of Steve Bierfeldt (C4L) getting detained and harassed at the St. Louis, MO airport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMB6L487LHM

Enjoy.

Reason
04-01-2009, 06:36 PM
That guy reminded me of myself during my police encounter a few weeks ago.

Stuck to his guns!

Fuck those fascist TSA fucks.

Cowlesy
04-01-2009, 06:52 PM
"We gonna get the DEA and FBI in here"

ladyjade3
04-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Steve Bierfeldt = HEROIC!

ladyjade3
04-01-2009, 06:55 PM
That was SO EXACTLY like those "Busted" videos on how to survive encounters with cops.

micahnelson
04-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Outrageous

Knightskye
04-01-2009, 08:39 PM

Luckily, he recorded almost everything.

He had CFL paraphernalia on him, along with $4,700 in cash. One of the TSA guys said he himself usually carried around $50, so $4,700 was "suspicious".

Steve just sent me the audio. Here's a link to the file on SendSpace:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gm11wt

I asked him if I could post it, and he said okay. So if someone wants to get it up in YouTube or something easier to deal with, go ahead.

jrskblx125
04-01-2009, 08:54 PM
wow.... just wow

ClayTrainor
04-01-2009, 08:59 PM
anyone know where to find the rest of this recording?

sajorojas
04-01-2009, 09:02 PM
I can't watch youtube atm, was he detained because of his CFL stuff?

Don't Tread on Mike
04-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Ok, that is just plain unbelievable, I really would love to hear the rest of that tape as well.

torchbearer
04-01-2009, 09:04 PM
I can't watch youtube atm, was he detained because of his CFL stuff?

he was detain because he wouldn't tell the TSA what the cash was for...

UtahApocalypse
04-01-2009, 09:08 PM
wow. just wow.

satchelmcqueen
04-01-2009, 09:10 PM
he was detain because he wouldn't tell the TSA what the cash was for...

but, is it any of their business? and if so how? :confused:

torchbearer
04-01-2009, 09:14 PM
but, is it any of their business? and if so how? :confused:

it is none of anyone's business.
I was just answering the question.
The TSA isn't just looking for terrorist threats... like they were created to do.. now they are abusing their powers to go after 'drug dealers' etc...

I wouldn't have told them shit. I would have sat there silent. Not one word.

tonesforjonesbones
04-01-2009, 09:16 PM
we have to make this go viral...I hope Ron Paul does something about this mess...and I hope that kid SUES the airport! tones

satchelmcqueen
04-01-2009, 09:34 PM
it is none of anyone's business.
I was just answering the question.
The TSA isn't just looking for terrorist threats... like they were created to do.. now they are abusing their powers to go after 'drug dealers' etc...

i wouldnt have told them anything either.

i had 2 state troopers get behind me today on the road and ride me pretty close for a few miles. i have a rp bumper sticker on the back glass of my jeep. i was taking it to get the ac recharged. i turned into the road leading to the car dealership and they both turned in to. i then turned into the actual car lot parking lot and up to the garage. they turned away at that time. i just knew and was already ready to get stopped. coincidence??? dont know for sure.

klamath
04-01-2009, 09:36 PM
It sounds to me like they though he was a drug dealer but knew nothing about the whole deal with the security report but the plain clothes FBI guy did. The FBI guy probably told them to lay off or they were going to start a firestorm again!

UtahApocalypse
04-01-2009, 09:39 PM
It sounds to me like they though he was a drug dealer but knew nothing about the whole deal with the security report but the plain clothes FBI guy did. The FBI guy probably told them to lay off or they were going to start a firestorm again!

I have no doubt thats why the FBI jumped on it. Tooo Late

Scribbler de Stebbing
04-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Ok, that is just plain unbelievable, I really would love to hear the rest of that tape as well.

I asked him if I could post it, and he said okay. So if someone wants to get it up in YouTube or something easier to deal with, go ahead.

Anti Federalist
04-01-2009, 09:53 PM
He's very lucky to have not "lost" that $4700.

I could post a thousand stories of people having cash confiscated, many times with no arrest, no charges, just stolen, by cops, TSA and DEA, just to name a few.

Happens every day in the land of the free.

(I have to come back to this and ask, to those who are incredulous at this story: "Where have you been?")

Scribbler de Stebbing
04-01-2009, 10:02 PM
"I don't know why you have that much money."

Give it a year. It'll spend just like your fifty bucks pocket money.

DirtMcGirt
04-01-2009, 10:09 PM
///

Reason
04-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Already posted

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=186793

Scribbler de Stebbing
04-01-2009, 10:13 PM
Already posted

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=186793

Someone was looking for the full-length audio, not just the clip on Freedom Watch.

Roxi
04-01-2009, 10:14 PM
sheesh... how did they know he had the money on him in the first place?

and I would think its safe to assume he is being watched by FBI based on the agent coming in and whispering something to the cops and all of a sudden hes free to go?

puppetmaster
04-01-2009, 10:17 PM
well done patriot

Bruno
04-01-2009, 10:21 PM
He's very lucky to have not "lost" that $4700.

I could post a thousand stories of people having cash confiscated, many times with no arrest, no charges, just stolen, by cops, TSA and DEA, just to name a few.

Happens every day in the land of the free.

(I have to come back to this and ask, to those who are incredulous at this story: "Where have you been?")

+1

As one who has been dealt with unethical police a number of times, I can relate. I'm not surprised at all.

Glad he got it on audio and kudos to him for sticking up for himself!

specsaregood
04-01-2009, 10:27 PM

I don't know, if I would sit silent. I would take his lead.
1. Ask your rights, ask if you are legally required to answer the question.
2. Ask if you are free to go.

I'd much rather keep asking if I am free to go vs. sitting there silent.

UtahApocalypse
04-01-2009, 10:31 PM

Can anyone get this in another format like Mp3? I hate mp4

wrong wording.....

1. Ask if you are UNDER ARREST. If not, excuse yourself peacefully.

specsaregood
04-01-2009, 10:32 PM
sheesh... how did they know he had the money on him in the first place?

I thought they said he had the cash all in a box, probably a small lockbox/petty-cash box. Obviously a carry-on item.

and I would think its safe to assume he is being watched by FBI based on the agent coming in and whispering something to the cops and all of a sudden hes free to go?

Yeah, that is really interesting part. Why was the "plainclothes" fbi agent there? How much did he know? Why did he tell them to let the guy go....

Knightskye
04-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Added the "SendSpace" link to the main post.

Did anyone put it on YouTube?

Reason
04-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Yeah, that is really interesting part. Why was the "plainclothes" fbi agent there? How much did he know? Why did he tell them to let the guy go....

That was explained here --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHIFMkmhDY0

torchbearer
04-01-2009, 10:51 PM

You don't need to ASK if you can go free. If you get up to leave.. and they won't let you. You have been detained.

Minarchy4Sale
04-01-2009, 11:50 PM
You gotta love dumbass cops...

qh4dotcom
04-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Here's the TSA snatching $59,000 from a guy who washed dishes

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/27/immigrant.money/index.html

ARealConservative
04-02-2009, 12:21 AM
You don't need to ASK if you can go free. If you get up to leave.. and they won't let you. You have been detained.

some of us don't like to be tazed though.

cthulhufan
04-02-2009, 12:26 AM

Luckily, he recorded almost everything.

He had CFL paraphernalia on him, along with $4,700 in cash. One of the TSA guys said he himself usually carried around $50, so $4,700 was "suspicious".

Yeah, I saw that, I kept thinking "what the fuck business is it of yours why I have x amount of cash on me". He handled it way better than I would have. Fuggin' cops couldn't say whether they had legal right to get the answer from him or not. "We'll take you to the station and then you'll find out" or some such nonsense. Sickening.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I loved the snarky comments too. "What planet do you live on? I asked you a question" and "He just wants to play games" and etc... Seriously, what is this? Thomas Jefferson is rolling in his grave right now and Ben Franklin is sipping a Martini saying "Told you so".

Dequeant
04-02-2009, 12:32 AM

Athan
04-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Fact: STEVE BIERFELDT is a true American hero!!!

Fact: STEVE BIERFELDT shits in red white and blue

Fact: STEVE BIERFELDT always gets the girls.

Fact: STEVE BIERFELDT pisses off government officials because he slept with their wives the night before.

Fact: STEVE BIERFELDT makes Obama fans squeal and moan harder before actual intercourse.

Fact: STEVE BIERFELDT has made founding fathers stop spinning in graves. A feat not accomplished since Dr. Ron Paul first went to DC.

Fact: STEVE BIERFELDT has been personally endorsed by God, Jesus, Buddah, Dr. Martin Luther King, and Elvis.

MRoCkEd
04-02-2009, 05:32 AM
Thanks for that, Athan...
lol

Deborah K
04-02-2009, 08:13 AM
The TSA is a direct violation of our 4th amendment rights. Why isn't the ACLU all over them? Oh, I forgot, because they're subsidized by the same corrupt gov't that's funding the TSA.

Magicman
04-02-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the fault of the MIAC or federal government that sent this Terrorist Watchlist to the TSA. They should be put at fault here above the TSA which is just following orders. We need to get these people cleared of these ludicrous charges; this could be any of us who because we voted for a candidate are suspect.

Magicman
04-02-2009, 01:19 PM
The TSA is a direct violation of our 4th amendment rights. Why isn't the ACLU all over them? Oh, I forgot, because they're subsidized by the same corrupt gov't that's funding the TSA.

We should contact all those special interests like ACLU to what happened this shouldn't be just OUR fight this is a problem for ALL Americans who still believe in our rights as citizens.

Knightskye
04-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Well, it looks like my thread got merged with this one.

At least add the SendSpace link to the main post, so people can download the audio.

Mandrik
04-02-2009, 05:02 PM
If you have an iPhone/iPod Touch, check out an app called Know Your Rights. It's free, and it has some pretty useful information regarding what you do or do not need to say in situations with law enforcement. Nice to have on you at all times.

robert4rp08
04-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Note to self: Purchase audio recorder.

50calray
04-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Here's the TSA snatching $59,000 from a guy who washed dishes

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/27/immigrant.money/index.html

You're required by law to declare anything over 10,000 in cash. That guy had 6 times the legal limit and failed to report it.

That Ron Paul supporter was carrying roughly half the amount required by law. I'm guessing the TSA flagged him as a person with possible drug connections trying to fly low under the radar by only carrying half the amount allowed by law. The FBI agent was probably watching this guy for other reason and told the TSA guy to bug off.

ronpaulhawaii
04-02-2009, 07:53 PM
You're required by law to declare anything over 10,000 in cash. That guy had 6 times the legal limit and failed to report it.

That Ron Paul supporter was carrying roughly half the amount required by law. I'm guessing the TSA flagged him as a person with possible drug connections trying to fly low under the radar by only carrying half the amount allowed by law. The FBI agent was probably watching this guy for other reason and told the TSA guy to bug off.

Isn't that only if you are flying out of the country?

qh4dotcom
04-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Isn't that only if you are flying out of the country?

Flying in or flying out...does not apply to domestic flights within the country.

Gin
04-03-2009, 06:07 AM
It plays in Media player (7) Great Job Steve....

MRoCkEd
04-03-2009, 06:09 AM
Over 60,000 views! wow!

FrankRep
04-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Wimp.com displays the footage!

Man detained for carrying cash.
http://www.wimp.com/carryingcash/

MRoCkEd
04-04-2009, 08:19 AM
This video is exploding on youtube.
Over 115,000 views already

ronpaulhawaii
04-04-2009, 09:05 AM
:cool:

specsaregood
04-04-2009, 10:50 AM
I just had a chance to listen to the full recording and am a bit disappointed in the final results.

In the end he did not go free while keeping his mouth shut. In the end he answered their questions and told them who he worked for (CFL) and that the money was "campaign donations" Well he didn't really offer up that, but he did answer yes to their direct questions about it -- seemingly after they had finally put all the pieces together and figured it out.

Note: I'm not bagging on how he handled himself; but in the end he did tell them everything they wanted to know. I would be more impressed/surprised if he had managed to walk away and take his flight; with them still not knowing where the money came from or whose it was...

MRoCkEd
04-04-2009, 11:10 AM
yeah, they did figure it out in the end

specsaregood
04-04-2009, 11:37 AM
yeah, they did figure it out in the end

Yeah, the full version is quite a bit different than the implied result from listening to the freedom watch episode and the shortened clip. They say or imply in the freedom watch clip that a plainclothes fbi guy showed up and just told them to let him go, but that was not the case. They let him go because they got all their questions/concerns answered. This wasn't really a "win" in my book.

If I was one that perpetuated the belief: "If you have nothing to hide you should be able to answer the questions." I would hold up the full clip as "proof" of this position. Because the guy didn't have anything to hide and as soon as he answered the questions, he was free to go.... :mad:

MRoCkEd
04-04-2009, 11:42 AM
well the point stands that they refused to let him go until he answered a question that he was not legally obligated to answer

ronpaulhawaii
04-04-2009, 12:11 PM
I dont mind ruthlessly using this to our advantage...

MRoCkEd
04-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Tsa responds (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=187240) <<