PDA

View Full Version : WOW... H.R.1256 - Allow the FDA to regulate TOBACCO. 178 Co-Sponsors

RonPaulCentral
04-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Just when you think they could not pull off more BS....

Here we go.....

Title: To protect the public health by providing the Food and Drug Administration with certain authority to regulate tobacco products.

Sponsor: Rep Waxman, Henry A. [CA-30] (introduced 3/3/2009)

Read what Hitler Jr. has written.....

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:h.r.01256:

I have had about enough of these people..... :mad:

Eroberer
04-01-2009, 06:31 PM
I wonder how many of his constituents feel the same way. I wonder if they even know that the federal government doesn't have the power.

But since when has that mattered.

I wonder how long it will be before people start to stand up and realize they are human beings and not subject to this nonsense. I am fed up with most of the interferences in my life, but unfortunately most people see them as normal, everyday occurrences without questioning why. Matter of fact, they probably can't comprehend the situation with enough insight to understand that they should be questioning or even revolting.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel like this everyday and don't really see much change in the immediate future for the better.

Pepsi
04-01-2009, 06:37 PM
They are not useing Global Warming? I thout that since smoking makes more smoke and carbon, they would use that retarded excuse to ban smoking.

Lucille
04-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Impose regressive taxes much, Democrats?

Corporatist Democrats Threaten Cigarette Alternatives w/ FDA Regulation
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=186726

RSLudlum
04-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Soon people will be smoking Salmonella cigarettes, courtesy of the FDA. ;)

Pepsi
04-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Anti-smoking forces won a long-awaited victory Thursday as the House passed legislation that would give the federal government key controls over the tobacco industry for the first time

The measure, passed 298-112, gives the Food and Drug Administration authority to regulate — but not ban — cigarettes and other tobacco products.

The Senate could take up its version of the bill later this month, and supporters are confident they can overcome opposition from tobacco-state senators. The White House supports the legislation, a shift from the Bush administration which threatened to veto a House-passed measure last year.

President Barack Obama has spoken publicly about his own struggles to kick a smoking habit.

“This is truly a historic day in the fight against tobacco, and I am proud that we have taken such decisive action,” said Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Henry Waxman, D-Calif., the bill’s sponsor. “Today we have moved to place the regulation of tobacco under FDA in order to protect the public health, and now we all can breathe a little easier.”

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090402/ap_on_go_co/fda_tobacco

AJ Antimony
04-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Door to door, folks, door to door

Magicman
04-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Just when you think they could not pull off more BS....

Here we go.....

Title: To protect the public health by providing the Food and Drug Administration with certain authority to regulate tobacco products.

Sponsor: Rep Waxman, Henry A. [CA-30] (introduced 3/3/2009)

Read what Hitler Jr. has written.....

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:h.r.01256:

I have had about enough of these people..... :mad:

I'm wondering if Big Tobacco is scared shitless about Electronic Cigarettes becoming popular so there using the FDA here. I heard senators complained who are in the pocket of Big Tobacco about the 'Healthy Cigarette' alternatives. These cigarettes have no second hand smoke, do not cause cancer, have only 2 chemicals and regular cigarettes have over 4,000 chemicals.

The FDA is a criminal enterprise it's amazing how they can try and pull so many levers here and then allow cigarettes much more freedom. That's only because these are competition to their huge tobacco scheme.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/03/13/ecigarettes.smoking/

http://www.tobacco.org/news/274809.html

Slutter McGee
04-03-2009, 02:08 PM
In the past three years the price of cigarettes in Texas has increased from 3 dollars a pack to an ungodly 7 dollars a pack thanks to new taxes on cigarettes. Granted. The price of cigarettes here is no where near the 10 to 11 dollars for a pack in New York City. However, with this news, I wont be at all surprised when I black market pops up around the smoking industry. It is the natural free market reaction when a product is artificially inflated through ridiculous taxes.

While black markets exist in every society, it is my opinion that a powerful black market is a reflection as to how unfree a society is.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

phill4paul
04-03-2009, 04:31 PM
N.C. is in the process of banning indoor smoking in restaurants and bars to "protect" the workers of these establishments from secondhand smoke. As if most that work in bars don't smoke anyway.:rolleyes:

Now for the hypocrisy....

The N.C. Restaurant Assoc. was all behind and supported this bill. They had no problem denying smokers the pleasure of lighting up in an establishment, even if it went against the owners and clienteles choice.

However, a last minute revision would have allowed establishments that are bars and restaurants that didn't employ those under the age of 18 to allow smoking. Well, the wonderful folks at the N.C. Restaurant Assoc. couldn't have that. They are screaming that it will hurt family business' if bars can have smokers and they can't. Second hand smoke be damned.

Damn I have had it with this prohibition. Because that is what it is plain and simple. Tax it till it cannot be afforded. Create laws to ban its use anywhere but in a ventelated and filtered closet. Then the FDA gets to come in and apply whatever rules they deem fit.

Tobacco lobbyists are losing a potential uprising if they don't organize a great American "Smoke-In"

Working Poor
04-03-2009, 05:43 PM
this is comical and sick as hell ....like the FDA ever helped our health. They are the most sold out government agency I have ever been aware of. Where is the f**ing pitch fork for them is what I want to know?

PlzPeopleWakeUp
04-03-2009, 07:09 PM
nt

donnay
04-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Soon people will be smoking Salmonella cigarettes, courtesy of the FDA. ;)

LMAO!

I have to laugh or I would cry.