PDA

View Full Version : When you're handing out flyers/slim-jims, act as though they are going to take it

krott5333
09-17-2007, 09:47 PM
i learned this from dealing with dogs.. if you treat a dog as though it might bite you, it probably will.

if you approach a dog as though it is friendly and you act unafraid, 9 out of 10 times it wont even bark at you.

its the same with flyers.. if you act as though they are going to take it, theres a better chance they will.

gocubsgo
09-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Good tip, btw I ordered 500 from the ronpaul webstore and they haven't even shipped. I was hoping to have them by Saturday before the big day. Has anyone received their orders yet?

jcbraithwaite7
09-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Don't ask them "Would you like to read about ...." it gives them a choice. Say, "Please read about....."

I also think it is good to have a few voter registration forms with you when you are passing stuff out. I start out with "Are you registered to vote?" and if they say, "No" then I hand them a voter registration card. If they say yes then I say, "Have you heard of Ron Paul?" A voter registration drive seems less threatening than an outright campaigner. Besides, what good does it do if they like Ron Paul but don't vote. Plus, Florida is a closed primary so they may have to re-register to vote in the primary. It just helps sift out true votes vs. passing interest. When people say something like, "My vote doesn't matter" or "I hate politics" it opens up a way to re-awaken an apathetic American. I know a lot of people who felt the same way until they heard about this guy.

max
09-17-2007, 10:24 PM
i learned this from dealing with dogs.. if you treat a dog as though it might bite you, it probably will.

if you approach a dog as though it is friendly and you act unafraid, 9 out of 10 times it wont even bark at you.

its the same with flyers.. if you act as though they are going to take it, theres a better chance they will.

Absolutely...I just go right up to folks and hand them stuff as I'm talking. This one lady at a red light was waving me off...so I made a crybaby face and stared at her with puppy dogs eyes..

she started laughing then opened her window...

CAKochenash
09-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Good tip, btw I ordered 500 from the ronpaul webstore and they haven't even shipped. I was hoping to have them by Saturday before the big day. Has anyone received their orders yet?

I s/w the campaign a few days ago about this issue. I guess they are sooper swamped with orders right now.

dkim68
01-09-2008, 06:06 PM
if you act as though they are going to take it, theres a better chance they will.
I want to use your advice but want to know if I'm understanding you correctly. Do you mean behave as if you're going to walk away without giving them a slim-jim so that they have to ask you for one?