PDA

View Full Version : I'm not getting any response from my Congressman

TER
04-01-2009, 03:24 PM
...regarding his position on HR 1207. I have called every week for over a month, sent emails, and still no response. He is a first term Republican Congressman who was just elected in Nov.

Any suggestions and what to do next? :confused:

JK/SEA
04-01-2009, 03:25 PM
go to his office?

TER
04-01-2009, 03:27 PM
go to his office?

hmm.... interesting... it is just 15 minutes away... :cool:

euphemia
04-01-2009, 03:33 PM
I don't think they all use the same email programs, so it's hard to say why you're not hearing back.

How are you titling your email? What's in the text of the email? This bill is probably a stand-alone bill, but some legislation is introduced by several different people and under several different numbers. I don't know if this is political nonsense so they can tell constituents they sponsored a certain amount of legislation, but that's what happens.

You might try writing a letter to the editor of your local paper. All Congressmen care about press.

sluggo
04-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Keep calling, but try to go "public" with the issue.

Call a local radio show (if you have one) and complain. Also, local news sites where comments are allowed are a good place to name and shame the scoundrel, as well as for educating folks who may not even know about this legislation.

jrich4rpaul
04-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Keep calling, but try to go "public" with the issue.

Call a local radio show (if you have one) and complain. Also, local news sites where comments are allowed are a good place to name and shame the scoundrel, as well as for educating folks who may not even know about this legislation.

+1

Do you use Congress.org as well? You can make your letters public on the site so people see what is being written to the representative, this will make the issue more known as well.

But I do think radio/newspaper is better.

TER
04-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Thanks for all the help. I will pursue these suggestions. If I get any reply, I'll post it.

tangent4ronpaul
04-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Call his office, both the local ones and his capitol hill one. The latter is the most appropriate.

-t

RSLudlum
04-01-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm personally delivering this and a letter to Clyburn's local office next week. ;)

https://fee.org/store/images/GreatMyths_cover_small.jpg (https://fee.org/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=44&zenid=8dec8b6f85fe0dff7ca593c3769e594f)

Only a dollar each at FEE.org's store.

idiom
04-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Use a sharper Pitchfork.

torchbearer
04-01-2009, 09:27 PM
...regarding his position on HR 1207. I have called every week for over a month, sent emails, and still no response. He is a first term Republican Congressman who was just elected in Nov.

Any suggestions and what to do next? :confused:

Why don't you pray about?
Maybe God will come through for you... and if not, then it must be his will. ;)