PDA

View Full Version : Hannity extends olive branch to RPers :P

heavenlyboy34
04-01-2009, 02:18 PM
On his radio show today, Hannitard made an appeal to RP fans to join "his" fight against Obama's agenda. Please don't listen to this hack. He's trying to steal all of our ideas-even the tea parties! EPIC FAIL!! :eek::p:mad:

EndTheFed
04-01-2009, 02:20 PM
On his radio show today, Hannitard made an appeal to RP fans to join "his" fight against Obama's agenda. Please don't listen to this hack. He's trying to steal all of our ideas-even the tea parties! EPIC FAIL!! :eek::p:mad:

We need all the help we can get....

Please don't listen to this hack.

AbolishTheGovt
04-01-2009, 02:24 PM
What? We ought to accept Hannity's olive branch. We need all the help we can get, fighting against Leviathan! We don't have to stop fighting for the other issues we disagree with Hannity on, but if Hannity, Glenn Beck, and the rest of the neocons want to help us in our fight against government, taxes, and money printing, then let's get all the help we can get. Many hands make light work.

specsaregood
04-01-2009, 02:26 PM

Epic Fail is refusing to use talking heads such as him for our own nefarious purposes.

Send him an email, tell him to ask his audience to call their reps to support HR 1207. See what happens. If nothing happens, then carry on with your ranting....

MRoCkEd
04-01-2009, 02:27 PM
What? We ought to accept Hannity's olive branch. We need all the help we can get, fighting against Leviathan! We don't have to stop fighting for the other issues we disagree with Hannity on, but if Hannity, Glenn Beck, and the rest of the neocons want to help us in our fight against government, taxes, and money printing, then let's get all the help we can get. Many hands make light work.
I agree.
Let's politely contact him about having Dr. Paul on his show to talk about the economy.

Xenophage
04-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Meh. He doesn't need to call on our help. We're doing everything we can already.

I'm ok with 'getting along'- but I wouldn't pander to him or other neocons. My feelings of anger toward him have faded over the past year and in light of current events its rather nice to hear anyone mock the politicians.

He remains philosophically weak, boneheaded and inflexible. He does get some things right however.

Anti Federalist
04-01-2009, 02:28 PM
The key to things like this is timing.

Stab him in the back before he does the same to us.

EndTheFed
04-01-2009, 02:28 PM
I agree.
Let's politely contact him about having Dr. Paul on his show to talk about the economy.

Excellent idea.... If they get a lot of polite e-mails it may do some good. He has said good things about Ron Pauls economic policies...

RonPaulFanInGA
04-01-2009, 02:33 PM

http://i44.tinypic.com/sfuxpc.jpg

Cowlesy
04-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Getting Sean Hannity to support HR 1207 would be a big help.

If he wants to slow down Leviathan, this bill must go to committee, and be pushed to the floor for debate and a vote.

ronpaulhawaii
04-01-2009, 02:41 PM

I agree here, we just need to be smart about it and stay on our toes. It takes no stretch of imagination to assume nefarious types will try to distract us/etc. But we need to use everything we can to push our ideas. If that means giving Sean the benefit of the doubt and postponing a snowball fight, so be it.

(btw-can we hold him to the statement about a snowball fight later? Sounds like fun:D)

RonPaulFanInGA
04-01-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm listening to Hannity. Coming to Atlanta's tea party on April 15th.

Hmm.....interesting.

And he's gonna be doing his Hannity television show from the capitol.

Anti Federalist
04-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Getting Sean Hannity to support HR 1207 would be a big help.

If he wants to slow down Leviathan, this bill must go to committee, and be pushed to the floor for debate and a vote.

That's a good "canary in the coal mine" sort of thing.

Yeah, let him start talking that up, but I won't hold my breath waiting.

Any Beck fans reading, has he stated support of HR1207?

georgiaboy
04-01-2009, 03:21 PM
send him the emails, but don't listen to his show too much -- let his ratings continue to suffer.

Seeing his sneering face when those presidential debate polls launched Ron Paul into the stratosphere still makes my blood boil. I need to eat a snowball to cool off.

Maybe we need to mail Mr. Hannity some snowballs on dry ice.

zach
04-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Ew. Cautious snake in paid wolf's clothing.

rpfan2008
04-01-2009, 03:28 PM
I agree.

yupp

a litmus test

georgiaboy
04-01-2009, 03:35 PM
^ a start.

pcosmar
04-01-2009, 03:38 PM
I still have snow here.

http://www.hamptonchristianschools.com/Elementary/Elementary%20Images/Snowballs.jpg

Well, I mean,
If anyone needs some.
:D

Bern
04-01-2009, 03:50 PM
He is welcome to join "our" fight for liberty. He may have to expand the scope of his efforts to more than just Obama's agenda though.

frasu
04-01-2009, 04:09 PM
All this Glenn Beck and Hannity push for Tea Parties makes the whole thing look fake. How did they get to be so "brave" and against the "mainstream"? I mean, c'mon, Hannity is now libertarian and Beck is the "told-you-two-years-ago" visionary.

Wadesc
04-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Dont let them hoist your flag.

Thats all I really can say. What makes people so willing to fall in line with hacks like Hannity? It not like he supported us when it mattered, or has anything in common with our beliefs.

Just because he hates Obama doesn't mean hes on your side.

A. Havnes
04-01-2009, 04:32 PM

Thats all I really can say. What makes people so willing to fall in line with hacks like Hannity? It not like he supported us when it mattered, or has anything in common with our beliefs.

No, he's not on our side, but we have to work with people on an issue-by-issue basis. Hating Obama is something we have in common and take the same side. When it comes to bringing the troops home and adopting a non-intervention foreign policy, we draw the line again.

Don't pander to Hannity (it makes me sick just thinking about it), but don't refuse his on an issue we both agree on just because he's a neocon. Make it apparent that he's a neocon and we're true conservatives.

nobody's_hero
04-01-2009, 04:35 PM
He is welcome to join "our" fight for liberty. He may have to expand the scope of his efforts to more than just Obama's agenda though.

Yep. Someone really needs to challege him on the Republican faults over the last 8 years, when the media was sleeping on duty.

mediahasyou
04-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Where do you intend to get your support? converting neocons are needed...especially those of the msm. how do you intend on accomplishing anything with a million people in a country of 300 million?

heavenlyboy34
04-01-2009, 04:43 PM

The same thing that makes them fall in line with government. ;) Sheeple need a shepherd, 24/7. :p

heavenlyboy34
04-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Where do you intend to get your support? converting neocons are needed...especially those of the msm. how do you intend on accomplishing anything with a million people in a country of 300 million?

I can accomplish a lot of things. Most civil activities don't require the threat of government intervention or regulation. (unless you're a hardcore archist);)

Meiun
04-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Very odd...

I can't believe what i'm reading here. Hannity is the guy who laughed at us as we dominated the republican debates. He flat out called us liars and cheats through his snarling disdain!

He's hurting because his one track, one paragraph, message is no longer resonating to a large audience. He isn't with us. He is still a bought and paid for neocon talking head.

I agree that he needs to show good faith, here. We owe him NOTHING!

heavenlyboy34
04-01-2009, 04:46 PM
Very odd...

I can't believe what i'm reading here. Hannity is the guy who laughed at us as we dominated the republican debates. He flat out called us liars and cheats through his snarling disdain!

He's hurting because his one track, one paragraph, message is no longer resonating to a large audience. He isn't with us. He is still a bought and paid for neocon talking head.

+a zillion. :cool:

Stary Hickory
04-01-2009, 05:05 PM
I agree that it would be better to fight together. Very very big issues are at stake. RPers have brought to the forefront fundamental problems with the US government. This can continue, and we can at least put a halt to the extreme power grabbing going on in DC.

This really worries me, that we will not unite enough to stop the worst threats from the totalitarian leaders in DC. It's very important to keep fighting tooth and nail for libertarian values, and maybe if we fight long enough and hard enough we can get conservatives back to being classical liberals like Jefferson and Madison. But right now if we don't find some common ground we may truly regret it.

And by no means agree with Hannity on everything, but if he is willing to try and make peace it means he is seeing libertarian views as valid. We need new thinking, and a departure from violent government intervention.

american.swan
04-01-2009, 05:11 PM
the key to things like this is timing.

Stab him in the back before he does the same to us.

amen!!

dr. hfn
04-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Hey hannitard! Go fuk urself!

Liberty or death!

angelatc
04-01-2009, 05:23 PM
On his radio show today, Hannitard made an appeal to RP fans to join "his" fight against Obama's agenda. Please don't listen to this hack.

Funny - you seem to be listening to him! ;)

Please remind him that a lot of us used to be his fans, and he kicked us square in the teeth. If he wants to come into our tent, he's welcome, but I won't be visiting his any time soon.

nobody's_hero
04-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Well, I haven't seen nearly as much potential in Hannity has I see in Beck, but to be fair, I don't watch Hannity's show. If someone has some video footage of Hannity adopting an even remotely libertarian talking point, then post away. At the moment, I personally do not think that Hannity even qualifies for the "work in progress" bin.

While with Beck I can look over the past year and see marked, gradual improvement, Sean Hannity seems rather spontaneous and not-so-genuine. I've heard Beck rail against the two party system quite a bit lately, but Hannity seems more like a simple pendulum-swinger. The last thing we need is a purely anti-Obama movement that will do nothing more than put Republicans back in power with no change in motives or direction.

By the way, Bill O'Reilly just announced that he hated George W. Bush all the while and was secretly planning a libertarian revolution behind closed doors.

. . . April Fools!

Xchange
04-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Anyone have audio of this...

RevolutionSD
04-01-2009, 07:04 PM

No way. NEVER sleep with the enemy.

Totally unprincipled to be on the same team as Hannity, because his agenda is to get NEOCONS in office, no better than OBAMACONS.

idiom
04-01-2009, 09:42 PM
April 1st?

Roxi
04-01-2009, 10:26 PM
uh do you think he forgot this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNZS9ZuZcrg

i don't

Athan
04-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Anyone have audio of this...

There isn't because its a bullshit april fools joke.

pinkmandy
04-01-2009, 11:10 PM
They are hijacking our movement now that what we have been saying is starting to make sense to them. They still don't get it, though. They aren't basing their new stances on principles of liberty (otherwise they'd oppose a lot more than Obama). They are lashing out in anger and fear, not using common sense by supporting the politicians (Ron Paul) and legislation that could change things. They seem more interested in inciting rage in the avg Repub who is now freaking out. They do not adhere to non violent revolution and if we aren't careful we will be lumped in w/these 'nuts' (lol) and probably take the fall as well when things go sour. "Libertarian" ideals is what will be blamed. We're going to be the patsies.

Eta: ^ holds true even if this was a joke thread. ;)

Athan
04-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Lol... yeah they would like to arm us and send us as the first wave. Fuck that. They should be behind our bayonets because they created this mess.

All we have to do is stay armed, vigilant, and keep accumulating real assets they rather have us hold at their banks. Let the neo-cons go to hamburger hill.

Badger Paul
04-02-2009, 06:48 AM
"He's hurting because his one track, one paragraph, message is no longer resonating to a large audience. He isn't with us. He is still a bought and paid for neocon talking head.'

Hannity is that but he's also a businessman and he feels that what he has sold in the past isn't selling anymore and there's some different out there he can latch into and promote then it doesn't hurt to try and get him to see things our way.

Yeah it's about ratings, no doubt about it. Glenn Beck is the same way (remember he called us a bunch of terrorists?). Which is why you should not take these people seriously as pundits because they will change their views on a dime if it meant more listeners. But we should take advantage of them as promoters, not push them away because like it or not, these broadcasters have a lot of listeners and broader market that RP can't reach if such hosts are not labeling him as "crazy."

What Hannity should do is first apologize for what he's said to Paul supporters in the past and then invite RP on the show and have talk and explain his views to this big audience and let the chips fall where they may. While I certainly wouldn't let Hannity become the vangauard, I certianly wouldn't turn down the chance to speak into his transmitter either.

In politics there are no permament friends nor permament enemies. Only permanent interests.

pacelli
04-02-2009, 07:00 AM

It was an olive branch encrusted with arsenic.

EndTheFed
04-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Very odd...

Who the hell said ANYTHING about owing him anything.

olehounddog
04-02-2009, 08:11 AM
He needs ratings. Beck is kicking ass in that dept. Plus he doesn't want to have to hide behind a woman again. F#%k Hannity and let him stew in his own juice along with the rest of the insiders.

xd9fan
04-02-2009, 08:16 AM
fuck him....Hannity talks to much.
Walk the ron paul walk bitch......or just get the fuck out of the way.

constituent
04-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Yep. Someone really needs to challege him on the Republican faults over the last 8 years, when the media was sleeping on duty.

Sleeping on duty?

Hardly. I'd say they were wide awake and well-aware.

The more things change, the more they really just stay the same.

free.alive
04-02-2009, 09:23 AM
With Beck or Hannity and you expecting them to push a piece of legislation. I wouldn't hold your breath. Not because they probably wouldn't like it, I can't imagine they wouldn't.

I have listened to most of the talk radio guys a lot. Even in the heat of the biggest issues, I have never heard one of them push specific legislation. Its probably considered bad form in the radio biz, and I can totally understand why.

It would be enough to add the ISSUE to the panoply of talking points Hannity and the other guys already push. That would be great. And in that vein, Beck is already doing his "civic" duty.

Moral of the story - let's be realistic and ask people to do they things they're actually able to do with their talents and positions.

Minarchy4Sale
04-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Hannity sucks getto booty through a swizzle straw. Im half tempted to go to the next tea party just so I can find a bunch of neocons to punch in the neck.

Join The Paul Side
04-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Hannity and Dick Morris were discussing the New World Order on his show the other night. They agreed that it is no longer a conspricay theory (about time!) and it's right in our face.

Today, Gordon Brown announced publicly that the New World Order is out of the closet.

So yes, extend that olive branch. The enemy of my enemy is my friend (for now).

Join The Paul Side
04-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Hannity sucks getto booty through a swizzle straw. Im half tempted to go to the next tea party just so I can find a bunch of neocons to punch in the neck.

Good. You go do that. I hope you arrange bail before you do. Enjoy prison, asshole. :cool:

Minarchy4Sale
04-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Good. You go do that. I hope you arrange bail before you do. Enjoy prison, asshole. :cool:

Understand hyperbole much, neocon?

Join The Paul Side
04-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Understand hyperbole much, neocon?

Whatever. Don't drop the soap. :cool:

EndTheFed
04-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Whatever. Don't drop the soap. :cool:

No on the other hand... Do drop the soap....

Join The Paul Side
04-02-2009, 03:31 PM
No on the other hand... Do drop the soap....

:p

aravoth
04-02-2009, 03:49 PM
So the guy who stabbed us in the back, ripped on the only guy that was actually bringing in a young crowd into the party, made fun of Ron Paul on national television for telling the truth, and belittled the fact that he won every poll after those loaded debates by saying we were spamming a poll that couldn't be spammed unless we all had thousands of different cell phones....wants us to "join" his cause?

He doesn't give a shit about liberty, if he did he wouldn't have been such a prick throughout the primary. He is however, Welcome to have Dr. Paul on his show .... for the entire show..... and beg forgiveness, and ask him how he can help our cause.

Hannity wants help his sorry ass needs to get educated first. And he can go ahead and stop promoting bankruptcy inducing wars, and defending torture, and DHS.

Minarchy4Sale
04-02-2009, 03:51 PM
so the guy who stabbed us in the back, ripped on the only guy that was actually bringing in a young crowd into the party, made fun of ron paul on national television for telling the truth, and belittled the fact that he won every poll after those loaded debates by saying we were spamming a poll that couldn't be spammed unless we all had thousands of different cell phones....wants us to "join" his cause?

He doesn't give a shit about liberty, if he did he wouldn't have been such a prick throughout the primary. He is however, welcome to have dr. Paul on his show .... For the entire show..... And beg forgiveness, and ask him how he can help our cause.

Hannity wants help his sorry ass needs to get educated first. And he can go ahead and stop promoting bankruptcy inducing wars, and defending torture, and dhs.

+1776

johnrocks
04-02-2009, 03:58 PM
All this Glenn Beck and Hannity push for Tea Parties makes the whole thing look fake. How did they get to be so "brave" and against the "mainstream"? I mean, c'mon, Hannity is now libertarian and Beck is the "told-you-two-years-ago" visionary.

lol, after getting rejected since 06 and replaced by liberals, they realize they are now "fishing without a worm" and are trying to repackage themselves. To borrow from Nixon "We're all libertarians now":p

satchelmcqueen
04-02-2009, 06:12 PM

haha...now why would hannity want us rp people to join HIS fight? wasnt it just about 8 months ago that he said we were all nut job rp supporters?

hopefully not many will fall for his crap.