PDA

View Full Version : Americans for Prosperity - any members? (tea party 4/15)

Valli6
04-01-2009, 12:30 PM
A state chapter of "Americans for Prosperity" is organizing a 4/15 Tea Party in my area. I've checked out their site and the mission statement sounds OK, but I'd like a clearer idea of what they stand for - since lately everyone is claiming the Ron Paul type message as their own. Was this group supportive of Ron Paul? or are they just another GOP-neoconnish-group latching onto the message for the marketing appeal? I ask because in a recent post, someone said their area Tea party was taken over by GOP hacks, or something along those lines.

It's (contribution) web page says:
"AFP gets its support from individuals and corporations:confused: which share its vision. Contributions are not tax deductible. AFP and AFP Foundation also accept contributions of stock and bequests from donors wishing to include them in their estate plans." http://www.americansforprosperity.org/donate

This kind of funding seems not-quite-grassroots to me... but then I'm not accustomed to organized groups. Opinions?

FrankRep
04-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Use the tax tea party events to recruit member to your local group. Pass out pro-liberty literature.

This is an opportunity.

rancher89
04-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Let's just say that they are good "partners." I do not belong, but I get their email updates.

It seems like everyother email I get is from some group, but I don't BELONG to all of them, just a few