PDA

View Full Version : Passing out flyers at churches

Trassin
09-17-2007, 09:12 PM
What is everyones opinion on passing out flyers outside of churches on Sunday mornings? Do you think it would cause more votes to be lost than gained?

wgadget
09-17-2007, 09:13 PM
I did it last weekend. Statements of Faith + literature.

Trassin
09-17-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm thinking maybe I should talk to the minister/priest before doing it.

krott5333
09-17-2007, 09:14 PM
I did it last weekend. Statements of Faith + literature.

how was the reception?

Trassin
09-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Bump. I would like to hear some more opinions on this if possible.

constituent
09-17-2007, 09:45 PM
i wouldn't take it to a lutheran church... they're laid back people but can get intense about anything.... well you're familiar w/ the martin luther story.

crhoades
09-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Can't speak for every church but I wouldn't. I even skipped a meetup group this Sunday because it was on Sunday. I do go to a conservative Presbyterian church though and not all Christians view Sunday the same way so it's a toss up.

I can campaign for Paul for 6 days and focus as best as possible on God for 1. I've managed to get quite a few converts to Paul in deep Thompson country. Still working on one.

I would go the contacting a pastor route. Even ask if you could drop by literature or send him a link.

wgadget
09-17-2007, 09:51 PM
I had a friend put them on windshields. I went back to clean up later, and there were none at all in the parking lot. Before I left, I saw people standing outside of their cars reading them.

wgadget
09-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Most conservative Christians ARE interested in politics and do vote, so I think this is a perfect place to market RP's stance on the issues.

McDermit
09-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Definitely worth it.. even if you do piss off one grumpy old guy who was already dead-set on FDT anyway.

Stealth4
09-17-2007, 10:02 PM
There have been previous posts about this, please try the search tool

dircha
09-17-2007, 10:06 PM
What is everyones opinion on passing out flyers outside of churches on Sunday mornings? Do you think it would cause more votes to be lost than gained?

Absolutely, this is a wonderful idea.

But whether you win more than you lose is up to you. Only you know your local church community, and it is up to you to send the right message.

Focus on giving your audience reasons why they are right and can support Ron Paul, rather than reasons why they are wrong for not supporting Ron Paul.

When you are defending you are losing.

Focus on Ron Paul's support for:
- Stripping the courts of jurisdiction over issues of abortion and homosexual marriage to ensure that activist courts and judges can not undermine the values we hold dear
- Supporting legislation to legally define life as beginning at conception
- His support for prayer in schools and at school and community assemblies
- His longtime marriage to his wife
- His large family
- That he is a doctor
- That he is a longtime Congressman (not just some no-name doctor).
- His support for bringing our troops home from Iraq to build a strong national defense, to defend our borders, and to return to an honest and responsible national budget and to pay off our debt

jcbraithwaite7
09-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Anyone ever hear of Crown Financial Ministries?

http://www.crown.org/

They teach Christians about using money wisely and how money relates to Biblical teachings. Their principles are very Ron Paul friendly. They do seminars all over the country. I emailed the CEO and asked him to look into Ron Paul.

These are great programs and people who attend these seminars are really going to be open to Ron Paul's message. Maybe check and see when their next seminar is in your area and flyer that parking lot.

max
09-17-2007, 10:17 PM

JUST DO IT!

If the minister is pro-war or supports another candidate...you'll get shot down.

People will like his flyer...we need to be bold

Trassin
09-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the awesome advice guys.

kylebrotherton
09-17-2007, 10:43 PM
As a Protestant Christian, I think Sunday morning is a BAD time to campaign. If you want to reach church-goers, try weeknights. Or find out when they have an evening concert.

dircha
09-17-2007, 10:50 PM
As a Protestant Christian, I think Sunday morning is a BAD time to campaign. If you want to reach church-goers, try weeknights. Or find out when they have an evening concert.

What could be a BETTER time?

Church for many people is the largest community function they participate in week in and week out.

katao
09-17-2007, 10:59 PM
And don't forget to go back and pick up any flyers on the ground afterwards. That is imperative.

Trassin
09-17-2007, 11:08 PM
I'm thinking Saturday afternoon or morning, maybe both. That way I'm not offending anyone by "working" on Sunday.

McDermit
09-17-2007, 11:18 PM
I think the Sunday thing is very debatable. No one around here takes the whole "Sunday is for god" approach. Weeknight concerts? Don't exist here, except at Easter at Christmas when there are special holiday services.

You're going to miss a ton of potential voters if you skip Sundays. Tons of people show up on Sunday and aren't otherwise involved in the church at all. And the people there on Saturdays likely only go to services on Saturdays. Very few go sat and Sunday.

purepaloma
09-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Weds nights are usually big at most churches.

I think putting flyers on the cars are the best way to go. You can nail a whole parking lot quickly !

jb4ronpaul
09-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Here are some good quotes for Catholics

The "concept of a 'preventive war' does not appear in the Catechism of the Catholic Church,"
- Pope Benedict

“Reasons sufficient for unleashing a war against Iraq did not exist,”
- Pope Benedict

When war, like the one now in Iraq, threatens the fate of humanity, it is even more urgent for us to proclaim, with a firm and decisive voice, that only peace is the way of building a more just and caring society,"
- Pope John Paul

"Violence and weapons can never resolve the problems of man."
- Pope John Paul

It’s time we take a stand against BOTH the modern left and modern right who use fear and misinformation to manipulate the public to forward a political agenda. Catholics, please join us and standing up for the sanctity of life in all its forms. Please join us in standing up for the traditional American values of peace and freedom. Please join the fight to elect Ron Paul president 2008.

BarryDonegan
09-18-2007, 01:54 PM
generally speaking people who go to church on wednesday nights are probably more influential on the people who only go on sunday, as they seem more involved in church.

theyre probably better to convince anyways.

Trassin
09-18-2007, 11:38 PM
I plan on going tomorrow night, if my new slim jims get here. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

LibertyEagle
09-18-2007, 11:45 PM
I'm thinking Saturday afternoon or morning, maybe both. That way I'm not offending anyone by "working" on Sunday.

Think of yourself as doing God's work. ;)

Trassin
09-18-2007, 11:53 PM
Think of yourself as doing God's work. ;)

Well seeing as I'm agnostic I'll avoid that thought and instead just do it for mine and my family's future.