PDA

View Full Version : Police auction off homeless guy's Winnebago

ChooseLiberty
03-31-2009, 08:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg3v_YaQzyA

Kraig
04-01-2009, 06:29 AM
Unfortunately this is standard practice here in Texas and probably many other states, and I think they will only get more strict in the future. This happened to me a couple years ago, only I was paying for insurance at the time! I was pulled over for a u-turn and my license was expired, the cop's rational was that since my license was invalid my insurance was invalid by default. So I got a ticket for the u-turn, no license, and no insurance, and he towed my truck. Since I didn't freak out on him and was quite calm during the whole process (I really just felt helpless) he said "since you're being cool about this I'm going to let you get your belongings out of the truck before I tow it" so because I didn't resist I got to keep my tools and he didn't steal them with the truck.

It was also close to $1000 to get it out of the impound and that is what I had paid for the truck 3 years prior so I just wrote off the loss and moved on. Nothing like getting your truck towed for no insurance when you are paying for insurance every month, all because your "papers" are not up to date, it's such a scam.

As someone who needs a car to work, if I didn't have the funds to quickly replace the truck like I did I would have lost my job, I can certainly see how this creates homeless people.

acptulsa
04-01-2009, 06:46 AM
Steal from the poor and give to the people who will shoot the poor if they get tired of being robbed.

In the immortal words of Yakoff Smirnoff, 'What a country!'

Kraig
04-01-2009, 07:31 AM
Steal from the poor and give to the people who will shoot the poor if they get tired of being robbed.

In the immortal words of Yakoff Smirnoff, 'What a country!'

Well they see it as "cracking down down on drivers without insurance". First there was a law that gave them the option to tow if you didn't have insurance, then a few years later it became law that they had to tow if you didn't have insurance. The next phase will be them doing cross checks on your license plate to see if you have insurance, without even pulling you over (sounds like that may have been what happened to the guy Alex Jones is talking about, because he says the reason he got pulled over was no insurance) then after that they will have scanners on top of the cop cars that scan all license plates within range quickly and automatically. The best part is that it is the money they steal from us that is used to pay for these glorious machines.

Last I checked, it was the economic condition, not drivers without insurance, that are destroying this country. I don't know who the lawmakers here in Texas are serving, but it's certainly not me or anyone I know, my guess is that they are serving insurance company lobbyists.

This is really just a crackdown on poor people, as always they way to avoid problems with the government is to pay your way out of it.

s35wf
04-01-2009, 09:09 AM
This is really just a crackdown on poor people, as always they way to avoid problems with the government is to pay your way out of it.

unfortunately, if you dont have the $ to pay, your sol. very sad that these cops took this mans house/winnebago. they couldve at the very least allowed him to get some of his belongings out of it before they towed/stole it. very sad. :(

donnay
04-01-2009, 09:35 AM
This is an outrage!!:mad:

They certainly do not treat illegal aliens this way.

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-01-2009, 09:39 AM
requiring car insurance for driving is like requiring health insurance for living

puppetmaster
04-01-2009, 11:50 AM
requiring car insurance for driving is like requiring health insurance for living

coming soon to a country near you:rolleyes:

Kraig
04-01-2009, 11:54 AM
coming soon to a country near you:rolleyes:

Soon? It has been law in Texas for several years now, I doubt this is the only state.