PDA

View Full Version : No radicals among Ron Paul backers

bobbyw24
03-31-2009, 03:54 AM
http://www.news-leader.com/article/20090331/OPINIONS03/903310315/1006/OPINIONS

March 31, 2009

No radicals among Ron Paul backers

I'm glad to see the state retracting the militia report. Fed up with our two-party system, last year I met with a group of Ron Paul supporters.

No one impressed me as being radical, or who might be with a militia group. In fact I knew one of the attendees. A part-time college teacher, who happens to be one of the nicest people you'd ever meet.

When you ask him how he's doing, its always the same answers, "couldn't be better, great," etc. Always upbeat. If we used him as an example to profile, we should all be Ron Paul supporters.

Or if we follow this profiling thought, perhaps we should profile all Democrats as wife beaters in light of the New York state representative who was arrested for assaulting his girlfriend, recently, or Republican businessmen as ones who'll steal from you, in light of the Enron mess of several years back.

Of course how many countless times has a representative from either party been in trouble for DUI or being involved with prostitutes, etc.

Perhaps law enforcement should be concentrating on the major parties in light of this thinking.

Had (Gov.) Nixon upheld this report, it might have given support to the militia radicals argument regarding government trampling on our rights.

GunnyFreedom
03-31-2009, 04:24 AM
LOL, Gov Nixon DID uphold the report - it had to be jerked out from under him on partisan lines. I like the way you did that. cheers!

Truth Warrior
03-31-2009, 04:28 AM
"Radical" has gotten an undeserved "bum rap". It originally meant "going to the root". By today's "go along to get along" "pragmatic" standards and by that definition, Ron Paul is, himself indeed, a "radical" as are his TRUE supporters and boosters.<IMHO>

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Truth_Warrior/Striketheroot.gif

"The original American patriots were those individuals brave enough to resist with force the oppressive power of King George. I accept the definition of patriotism as that effort to resist oppressive state power. The true patriot is motivated by a sense of responsibility, and out of self interest -- for himself, his family, and the future of his country -- to resist government abuse of power. He rejects the notion that patriotism means obedience to the state." -- Ron Paul