PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Hannan for US Congress - The Official Unofficial Website

markko
03-30-2009, 11:52 PM
Hi Guys -

So I first heard of Daniel Hannan last week and his message really resonated with me.

I looked around online for other places where such messages are being embraced (I really thought I was alone!!!) and this is how I found this site, which is great!

I would like to share with you a website I created -

www.danielhannanforcongress.com

I obviously realize that there is zero chance of him ever being a congressman here in the states...I created the site kind of hoping to make a point, that we have been and continue to do, simply too much, trying to maintain an unsustainable model for America.

The main point of the site is to do the best I can to get that message out there and Daniel Hannan's message and speech seem to be a good one to rally on right now, since as far as I can tell, there aren't really any other similar voiced out there.

Lastly...I will admit that I did not vote for Ron Paul in the last election.
I honestly never dreamed that things could have gone so haywire.
Unlike lots of politicians, I am willing to admit my mistake. He was right!

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the site I created. And it is great to know that I am not alone!

Also, if there are any facts, etc, that you think would be useful for me to include on the site, please let me know.
Obviously, the site is satirical, but I am doing the best that I can to include relevant information too.

Thanks!

specsaregood
03-31-2009, 12:07 AM
Edit: Oh I get it now. /facepalm. That's the british guy...

emazur
03-31-2009, 12:12 AM
Has there ever been a foreigner in Congress? How about recently? The only foreigner I can think of in a major office is Gov. Schwarzenegger

FrankRep
03-31-2009, 12:18 AM
What are the requirements for becoming a member of congress?

- must be 25 years of age at the time of the election

- reside in the state that you represent

- citizen for 7 years

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_requirements_for_becoming_a_member_of _congress

markko
03-31-2009, 12:24 AM
Wow, it did not een occur to me that he would even hypothetically be eligible.
I will have to find a way to incorporate that information!

Just for the sake of asking...has anyone ever heard of a prominent politician from one county, thereafter serving in another counties government?

tremendoustie
03-31-2009, 12:40 AM
Hi Guys -

So I first heard of Daniel Hannan last week and his message really resonated with me.

I looked around online for other places where such messages are being embraced (I really thought I was alone!!!) and this is how I found this site, which is great!

I would like to share with you a website I created -

www.danielhannanforcongress.com

I obviously realize that there is zero chance of him ever being a congressman here in the states...I created the site kind of hoping to make a point, that we have been and continue to do, simply too much, trying to maintain an unsustainable model for America.

The main point of the site is to do the best I can to get that message out there and Daniel Hannan's message and speech seem to be a good one to rally on right now, since as far as I can tell, there aren't really any other similar voiced out there.

Lastly...I will admit that I did not vote for Ron Paul in the last election.
I honestly never dreamed that things could have gone so haywire.
Unlike lots of politicians, I am willing to admit my mistake. He was right!

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the site I created. And it is great to know that I am not alone!

Also, if there are any facts, etc, that you think would be useful for me to include on the site, please let me know.
Obviously, the site is satirical, but I am doing the best that I can to include relevant information too.

Thanks!

Welcome to the site! Can't say I expect Mr. Hannan to ever seriously be a US politician, but it sounds like you get that anyway ;). I like the site, nicely done :).

emazur
03-31-2009, 12:45 AM

Just for the sake of asking...has anyone ever heard of a prominent politician from one county, thereafter serving in another counties government?

Madeleine Albright was Bill Clinton's Sec. of State - she was born in Czechoslovakia, Kissinger was another Sec. of State (German born) serving under Nixon, Zbigniew Brzezinski (Poland) was Carter's National Security Advisor

sailor
03-31-2009, 07:55 AM
Nice mate.

Hannah did say he woud have voted Ron Paul when he was on Fox.

SWATH
03-31-2009, 08:13 AM
Nice mate.

Hannah did say he woud have voted Ron Paul when he was on Fox.

He must have got lost on the way to the revolution when he supported Obama.

FrankRep
03-31-2009, 08:20 AM
Daniel Hannan Supports Ron Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8UoWFa1ftM

Kilrain
03-31-2009, 08:23 AM

The Austrian guy with the mustache? :o

Pennsylvania
03-31-2009, 08:27 AM
The Austrian guy with the mustache? :o

and the Georgian guy with the mustache (no, not Bob Barr ;))

markko
04-01-2009, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the notes and emails, all!
From your emails and comments, I've made a few subtle changes. Thanks for the insights. Any other suggestions are more than welcome.

As most people seem to get, the intent of the site is primarily to highlight the fact that Daniel Hannan seems to be the only conservative libertarian, who is willing to voice what so many people feel. I'd guess that this is one of the reasons why his video got over a million video views in such a short amount of time.

Without attempting to speak for anyone else...I am glad that there is someone speaking truth to power.

In my opinion, many people get caught up in "the man" before "the message".

I think many of us would agree...that many supporters of Ron Paul, supported him for his message and practical principles.

As opposed to rallying behind personalities and individuals...I am hoping that Daniel Hannans presence and message may be an opportunity to prove that point and make it known that there are Americans who put the message before the man.

In my view, this is an opportunity to put the message first.
The site is less about Daniel Hannan, then it is about the message that he and Ron Paul have in common.

And it seems to me that aside from these two, there are no other true Libertarians with a voice at all today.

If the site, spurs anyone else with a voice, to just say, "Enough with the nanny state!"...that will, in my estimation, be good.

And with all respect to everyone....I am more than open to any other ideas which benefit America as a whole. I am confident that the vast majority of us have the same goal.