PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck TOTALLY Takes CT AG To Task

FreedomFighter8008
03-30-2009, 03:19 PM
OMG!! Glenn Beck is TOTALLY taking the CT Attorney General to task over the AIG bonuses. Completely picking him apart over exercising a bully pulpit rather than enforcing the law. I hope someone YouTubed it, 'cause you gotta see this!! It's AWESOME!!

freegirl
03-30-2009, 03:25 PM
ooooh, I watched it. Dude was squirming HARD. "No AG (state) has the authority to investigate a congressman?" Did I hear that right?

kathy88
03-30-2009, 03:25 PM
I was watching it with my son. I was yelling at the television. FOR Beck. Go figure.

kathy88
03-30-2009, 03:26 PM
And welcome to the forums, freegirl :)

FreedomFighter8008
03-30-2009, 03:30 PM
I didn't hear the part about not being able to investigate a congressman, but I tuned in to the middle of the segment. It was amazing how the guy couldn't give any law that was broken by AIG in honoring the contract (approved by the Obama administration) authorizing the bonuses. Glenn did an absolutely AWESOME job not letting the guy squirm out of the questions. Brilliant!

freegirl
03-30-2009, 03:35 PM
And welcome to the forums, freegirl :)

Thanks!!!:o

freegirl
03-30-2009, 03:43 PM
If you haven't read the article in Rolling Stone on AIG, it's worth reading. Pretty juicy info on Cassano, the guy who tore a hole in the universe. He's the one that shook down AIG employees for contributions to Dodd. A little salty, of course.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/26793903/the_big_takeover/1

RideTheDirt
03-30-2009, 03:50 PM
ooooh, I watched it. Dude was squirming HARD. "No AG (state) has the authority to investigate a congressman?" Did I hear that right?

Welcome:)

Chase
03-30-2009, 03:59 PM
I love how the segment ended with Beck wondering loudly if there would be consequences for challenging a public official.

FreedomFighter8008
03-30-2009, 04:03 PM
I love how the segment ended with Beck wondering loudly if there would be consequences for challenging a public official.

Oh, he even asked the AG, point blank, if he was going to come after him because he's a resident of CT. It was no holds barred!!

dannno
03-30-2009, 04:12 PM
I sure could use a toob.

tonesforjonesbones
03-30-2009, 04:16 PM
I wish Beck hadn't sworn to debunk the FEMA camps...and call in that guy from Popular Mechanics. His glow has dimmed some for me.. sigh. I am disappointed. tones

kathy88
03-30-2009, 04:17 PM
I sure could use a toob.

Wow, dude, you are so high maintenance. LOL. I can't find it yet. I'll keep on keepin' on.

Carole
03-30-2009, 04:45 PM
If you haven't read the article in Rolling Stone on AIG, it's worth reading. Pretty juicy info on Cassano, the guy who tore a hole in the universe. He's the one that shook down AIG employees for contributions to Dodd. A little salty, of course.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/26793903/the_big_takeover/1

Yes indeedy. that was an excellent article (minus the rough language) :D

FreedomFighter8008
03-30-2009, 06:17 PM
YouTube . . . anywhere . . . anyone . . . ?

LibertyEagle
03-30-2009, 06:24 PM
I wish Beck hadn't sworn to debunk the FEMA camps...and call in that guy from Popular Mechanics. His glow has dimmed some for me.. sigh. I am disappointed. tones

It seems like you are looking for a hero to put all your faith and trust in. :confused: What does the FEMA camp thing have to do with the great job he did today on AIG?

It's the principles that count. If Beck furthers them on some occasions and helps spread some of the message, that's great. If you're waiting to find someone 100% on every single issue, you're going to be waiting a very long time.

rckt24
03-30-2009, 06:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxVi1EzUmMI

ItsTime
03-30-2009, 06:28 PM
He did take him to town. The AG could not answer WHAT LAW DID THEY BREAK? Amazing. They are using the IRS and this guy as weapons.

JeNNiF00F00
03-30-2009, 06:29 PM

I thought he TRIED to do it, but could not. He told us that his people could not debunk it.

ItsTime
03-30-2009, 06:33 PM
I wish people would just see what a great tool Glenn Beck can be for this movement and stop picking away at him trying to make him a god damn saint.

He will be right about somethings
He will be wrong about somethings

Thank god I didnt stop listening to Ron Paul because of the racist newsletters.

JoshLowry
03-30-2009, 06:33 PM
The bonuses are just a small symptom that everyone is freaking out over. It was giving out free money with no strings attached that is the real problem.

Bonuses are not illegal and the government should not be one to regulate them.

FreedomFighter8008
03-30-2009, 07:01 PM

You rock!!!

specsaregood
03-30-2009, 07:03 PM

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksVitzMsLYA

I don't completely trust Beck but this was GREAT, top notch!

satchelmcqueen
03-30-2009, 07:10 PM
wow!

Kraig
03-30-2009, 07:12 PM
It's just a show.

JeNNiF00F00
03-30-2009, 07:14 PM
These were great. Thanks for the utube links! Glenn Beck has my respect. I think I may have to buy a tshirt from his site. They are pretty good, and the Torches and Pitchforks one fits my mood.

Cowlesy
03-30-2009, 07:38 PM
My question is, how is that cromagnon the Attorney General?

He didn't even have an argument or grounds on which to stand.

Anti Federalist
03-30-2009, 07:44 PM

I'm not sure what there is to "debunk".

The fact is, FEMA has, since the 1980s, been using certain military facilities as "holding centers".

And here is the bill authorizing new ones and folding them all into FEMA command:

HR 645 (http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h645/text)

akihabro
03-30-2009, 07:48 PM
I saw it...it was pretty good. Stupid AG just kept repeating himself. I use to listen to a talk show and everyone who would start repeating the same crap, he would ask if they have any new material and eventually hang up because he knew they didn't have a good argument.

RSLudlum
03-30-2009, 07:58 PM
I sure could use a toob.

LOL...How do RPF members spell relief?

T-O-O-B!!!

:p

Thanks rckt24 :)

JeNNiF00F00
03-30-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure what there is to "debunk".

The fact is, FEMA has, since the 1980s, been using certain military facilities as "holding centers".

And here is the bill authorizing new ones and folding them all into FEMA command:

HR 645 (http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h645/text)

I listened to this radio show the other day while I was on a road trip. From what I understood is that Beck stressed that the FEMA Camp "conspiracy" was "crazy" and was going to try and debunk it on his show. In order to do this he needed his team to gather as much info against the idea to back his claims up. Thing is, his team could not debunk it and he admitted that on the radio show. I think there will be a story on this shortly about what "credible" information he finds out. From what I gathered it will be a story totally exposing and confirming the camps for what we know they are. Maybe I heard that wrong though?

newbitech
03-30-2009, 08:04 PM
OMG! BEECCKKKKKKK! lol

RSLudlum
03-30-2009, 08:18 PM
I wonder if this interview by Beck will scare any future guests from coming on his show.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
03-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Let's tell the AG's office how we feel:

attorney.general@po.state.ct.us

Penners
03-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Hat's off to Glenn Beck for this one. I was just cheering as he took that smirky ass to task.

mstrmac1
03-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Revolution!!!

penguin
03-30-2009, 10:18 PM
He did take him to town. The AG could not answer WHAT LAW DID THEY BREAK? Amazing. They are using the IRS and this guy as weapons.

Tell that one to Ed & Elaine Brown, Beck is fubar soon.

DirtMcGirt
03-31-2009, 06:54 AM
I saw this clip last night on another site and I nearly fell off my chair... Beck had that lawyer speechless...lol

Kraig
03-31-2009, 07:04 AM
I can't believe you guys are falling for this, it's a complete show to get people like us behind Beck, probably so the neo-cons can hope to hijack our votes. It's so obvious, the republican party is in ruins and they know they are going to have to appeal to the hardcore conservatives to get some power back. This issue of bonuses is nothing compared to the big issue of the Federal Reserve and nothing compared to the first bailouts under the Bush administration. Where was Beck then? Even now, why does he ignore the Federal Reserve? He is just acting all hardcore about this issue because he knows it will get people worked up and it will get people behind him. Don't forget who he works for, don't forget that Rupert Murdoch approves of everything you are watching.

IPSecure
03-31-2009, 07:12 AM
Will Beck take on the IRS, and demand that they "Show The Law" ???

Kraig
03-31-2009, 07:20 AM
Will Beck take on the IRS, and demand that they "Show The Law" ???

Oh you could go on and on, IRS, DHS, nearly all of congress, the executive branch, the Federal Reserve, the ability to search laptops, gun registration, FEMA camps, yet he focuses all of this rage towards the attorney general of fucking Connecticut over some stupid bonuses, and becomes an overnight hero.

Meiun
03-31-2009, 07:45 AM
How many years has he been doing this? Don't think he's an 'over-night' success. I still don't think he's a success, and I believe he'd say the same thing.

As for why this confrontation is so popular? It's like someone, SOMEONE, is finally speaking in a rage that we've been denied for so long. This interview touched the psyche of many of us. Would we wish it be more than just on this topic? sure... but this is a start (hopefully not the last)

We all wish we were GB and able to take this AG to task as he did. Rage Against The Machine... that's what this is.

RonPaulMania
03-31-2009, 07:47 AM
I can't believe you guys are falling for this, it's a complete show to get people like us behind Beck, probably so the neo-cons can hope to hijack our votes. It's so obvious, the republican party is in ruins and they know they are going to have to appeal to the hardcore conservatives to get some power back. This issue of bonuses is nothing compared to the big issue of the Federal Reserve and nothing compared to the first bailouts under the Bush administration. Where was Beck then? Even now, why does he ignore the Federal Reserve? He is just acting all hardcore about this issue because he knows it will get people worked up and it will get people behind him. Don't forget who he works for, don't forget that Rupert Murdoch approves of everything you are watching.

If you don't believe people can change their views and expand their mind than this forum should not exist. Most everyone here held different views and through one individual did many people learn truth, but through the individual.

I am not one of those people, but to deny this fact only shows you blindness and pseudo-anger towards an individual who objectively is doing good. It reminds me of Our Lord when He said that if someone is casting out demons on the behalf of the Devil how long can evil last even under those premises. In other words, if a "neo-con like Beck" is doing good on behalf of goodness, even with a nefarious and evil belief he is "hiding", how long can that nefarious and evil edifice last?

If you actually "think" about it, you'll realize you are the problem. Imagine if Ron Paul took your position when explaining himself. He would have wrapped things up in his 30's or 40's and said, "Well they just won't listen." Patience and trying to believe in good-will over your subjective beliefs on someone should be the key.

Kraig
03-31-2009, 07:49 AM
How many years has he been doing this? Don't think he's an 'over-night' success. I still don't think he's a success, and I believe he'd say the same thing.

As for why this confrontation is so popular? It's like someone, SOMEONE, is finally speaking in a rage that we've been denied for so long. This interview touched the psyche of many of us. Would we wish it be more than just on this topic? sure... but this is a start (hopefully not the last)

We all wish we were GB and able to take this AG to task as he did. Rage Against The Machine... that's what this is.

Not a success? He has one of the highest rated news shows (or something along those lines, I don't watch TV) and you think he's not a success? He has a huge following of people that listen to every word he says and all the power that can go along with that.

This is not rage against the machine, this is rage against the spring that fell off the machine and the machine can continue working perfectly fine without it. He completely ignores the big picture, he is grabbing at people's emotions and it is an attempt by the neo-cons to hijack the conservation/constitutionalist votes.

Kraig
03-31-2009, 07:55 AM
If you don't believe people can change their views and expand their mind than this forum should not exist. Most everyone here held different views and through one individual did many people learn truth, but through the individual.

I am not one of those people, but to deny this fact only shows you blindness and pseudo-anger towards an individual who objectively is doing good. It reminds me of Our Lord when He said that if someone is casting out demons on the behalf of the Devil how long can evil last even under those premises. In other words, if a "neo-con like Beck" is doing good on behalf of goodness, even with a nefarious and evil belief he is "hiding", how long can that nefarious and evil edifice last?

If you actually "think" about it, you'll realize you are the problem. Imagine if Ron Paul took your position when explaining himself. He would have wrapped things up in his 30's or 40's and said, "Well they just won't listen." Patience and trying to believe in good-will over your subjective beliefs on someone should be the key.

I would feel better about it if he actually admitted that he has changed his mind, all I have heard him say is how he thought this way all along - a complete bold faced lie. This shows that he cares more about what people think of him than the truth. Of course people change, I voted for Bush on his first term, I have no problem admitting that, but if I was here telling you that I supported Ron Paul since 1980 there would probably be a devious motive behind it, and if you knew I was lying you wouldn't trust me. He gives the appearance of spreading a good message but with it comes down to the next election, he is going to sell the two party system. If I am wrong and he really helps out, what is some scrutiny going to hurt?

ItsTime
03-31-2009, 08:06 AM
Tell that one to Ed & Elaine Brown, Beck is fubar soon.

No joke :mad:

Meiun
03-31-2009, 08:08 AM
Not a success? He has one of the highest rated news shows (or something along those lines, I don't watch TV) and you think he's not a success? He has a huge following of people that listen to every word he says and all the power that can go along with that.

This is not rage against the machine, this is rage against the spring that fell off the machine and the machine can continue working perfectly fine without it. He completely ignores the big picture, he is grabbing at people's emotions and it is an attempt by the neo-cons to hijack the conservation/constitutionalist votes.

You're correct. Sorry to have an opinion. This is obviously your thread, hehe...

Kraig
03-31-2009, 08:22 AM
You're correct. Sorry to have an opinion. This is obviously your thread, hehe...

and I will rule it with an iron fist!

FreedomFighter8008
03-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Uh, this is MY thread . . . and thanks, everyone, for playing. :)

Hey, did you see where Beck had a Fox Legal analyst on today's show talking about yesterday's interview?

yoshimaroka
03-31-2009, 04:40 PM
People are still distracted by the AIG bonuses?

silverhawks
03-31-2009, 09:12 PM
I think that Glenn Beck made some amazing points here - and even though he, at the end of the day, is a pundit, NO-ONE ELSE is asking these hard questions in the public eye.

We have the likes of Ron Paul and Senator Bunning ripping the Feds apart in meetings that make it to Youtube, but this was on national TV, and highlighted some of the issues.

Let's face it, THAT is what we ALL want to do to these "public servants".

It's a sad day when pundits like Glenn Beck and comedians like Jon Stewart have to take the place of the free press in speaking truth to power.

In a way, this cuts through the BS surrounding the bonuses that is being repeatedly crammed down our throats by the mainstream media. They want us to get away from bringing it back to arguing that the government shouldn't have given the bailouts to AIG in the first place.

The government wants people to focus their outrage on AIG - when the central issue is that the government is now ILLEGALLY stepping outside of its bounds and wielding ex post facto laws and bills of attainder - which they ARE, regardless of their semantic wrangling - to take money from people that was given LEGALLY, directly intervening in private contracts.

For those quite rightly wary of Glenn Beck's 912 project...how about we just take Beck as the platform for getting the ideas of the Liberty Movement out there, and stay true to our ideals and the message of liberty. Let's see if we can't get a few more people informed and on our side, seeing our points of view.

And if Beck starts marketing neo-cons as constitutional conservatives, walk away then, and tell people why. Tell them that there are REAL public servants out there like Gary E Johnson, BJ Lawson and Andrew Napolitano. Link them Ron Paul's videos, challenge their perceptions. Educate them. Let them see the message - eventually they WILL get it. Don't let Beck's voice overwhelm yours.