PDA

View Full Version : Rate The Debate!

paulaholic
09-17-2007, 08:13 PM
How much did you like the Values Voters' Debate?

lorindon
09-17-2007, 08:23 PM
It sucked complete ass, but I watched it for the sake of Dr. Paul

BuddyRey
09-17-2007, 08:24 PM
It was three hours of complete pandering to narrow-minded theocrats...but Ron Paul killed!!!!!!!!

hard@work
09-17-2007, 08:25 PM
It was total pandering.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-17-2007, 08:26 PM
how'd Ron Paul do?

Any repeats??

derdy
09-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Debate sucked. Would've been better to have skipped it and just caught the questions and highlights.

ClockwiseSpark
I enjoyed hearing Dr. Paul. That's about it though.

lorindon
how'd Ron Paul do?

Any repeats??

His kicked ass on his closing comments - 4 minutes of pure Rongasm

JosephTheLibertarian
09-17-2007, 08:29 PM
repeats?? :(

Magsec
09-17-2007, 08:38 PM
I enjoyed RP's Prince of Piece and NAFTA bits, other than that *yawns* not enough paulish.

CurtisLow
09-17-2007, 08:39 PM
keys = a pyramid scheme

I did not get the web address to vote could someone put it up!

Qiu
09-17-2007, 08:40 PM
I don't know if I'll bother watching debates anymore... someone always ends up youtubing Ron's answers anyways and I've watch enough debates to know that nothing notable comes out of the other candidates.

Trassin
Sucked except for Ron Paul

reduen
I liked the debate pretty well but I thought Dr. Paul did kinda poorly on this one. His worse performance yet in a debate. :(

I hope he did better in the first hour that I missed!!! (He seemed too scatter brained one his closing statement.)

edmnn
09-17-2007, 08:41 PM
lot of wasted time but ron paul did great

glts
09-17-2007, 08:44 PM
I liked the debate pretty well but I thought Dr. Paul did kinda poorly on this one. His worse performance yet in a debate. :(

I hope he did better in the first hour that I missed!!! (He seemed too scatter brained one his closing statement.)

Reduen new member? Hmmmmm....
Ron Paul is brillant!! For those that don't understand he is a Constitutionalist through and through your loss.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-17-2007, 08:45 PM

troll

jonahtrainer
09-17-2007, 08:46 PM

I agree. The debate was pretty bad. The yes/no part was stupid. While Dr. Paul's performance could have been better he did get some good lines in. I don't think it hurt him.

After listening to Mr. Cox I have a lot of respect for him and his willingness to get involved and give of his time, fortune and honor. However, I do not think his philosophy is completely thought out. Dr. Paul's is so broad and comprehensive whereas the others have logical and intellectual shortcomings. Mr. Cox has a reason to be disgusted with career politicians and you could tell he was in awe when in the presence of a true statesman.

RJB
dumbest debate ever. Except for Dr. Paul it was nothing but a panderfest.

Mr. White
Senior member here glts

Ron was a little scattered on his closing, he misjudged his time and did his best to fill it by restating a key point. I don't think it was the best key point, but he filled the time and that's what counts.

ItsTime
09-17-2007, 08:47 PM
on a scale to of 1 to 10 with 10 being best I would say this debate was a -12 it sucked and was not worth the time. RP said what he always says, everyone else just pandered.

Brasil Branco
09-17-2007, 08:47 PM
It wasn't Dr.Paul's best performance.

born2drv
09-17-2007, 08:48 PM
I think Paul did excellent.... not sure if people there will buy his message of being of freedom/liberty vs. theocracy and tyranny... they should though.

what he should have done was to scare them into understanding by voting to force theocracy of any one belief (even no belief liberalism), you are putting in a government of tyranny who is not representative of the faiths of all people, and that faith is subject to change when the tyrant changes. so instead we need to encourage liberty and freedom so that people of all faiths can thrive and not have godlessness and liberalism forced upon their lives like we currently do today.

chiefsmurph
09-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Cox seemed like just another run of the mill politician trying to play of their religion, family, or previous career.

reduen
09-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Chill out folks!

To be sure, I agreed with everything that the good Dr. Paul said!!!!

I just do not think that he articulated his beliefs as well as he usually does. :)

Again, calm down!

justaguy
09-17-2007, 08:51 PM
I liked it when, IIRC, the Huck stated that we should stay until we win, and one or two people in the crowd yelled "How do we do it?" or something to that effect.

Ron stuck to what he has always said, or at least as much as a yes or no could allow him.

-Chris

Danny
09-17-2007, 08:52 PM
I thought Paul did well, but I don't think his message will go over well with those religious voters.

Overall the debate was terrible. You know your debate sucks if your "speed round" lasts over an hour.

CurtisLow
09-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Is there a web vote going on after the debate? If so where?

UCFGavin
definitely the worst debate so far (as far as debate goes, not in regards to RP).

njandrewg
3 hours of pandering to radical right. 3 hours of gay bashing, 3 hours of tricks etc to try to keep debate interesting.

The Yes/No round was a complete snoozefest...they must have marched every single member of the audience up on that stage.

The positive was that they viciously attacked the Rudy McRomnsom for not showing up.

Tancredo: Neutral
Huckabee: Hurt himself
Cox: Neutral
Hunter: really hurt himself. I thought he as an allright guy before, but after this debate no way would I vote for him
Brownback: Hurt himself
Keyes: COMPLETE NUT JOB...I expected him to fall over when he was swaying left to right while yelling at the audience.
Ron Paul: was a little bit hunched...but put some ideas into religious right, that they probably didn't think about...any exposure is good exposure

jonahtrainer
09-17-2007, 09:01 PM
I think Paul did excellent.... not sure if people there will buy his message of being of freedom/liberty vs. theocracy and tyranny... they should though.

what he should have done was to scare them into understanding by voting to force theocracy of any one belief (even no belief liberalism), you are putting in a government of tyranny who is not representative of the faiths of all people, and that faith is subject to change when the tyrant changes. so instead we need to encourage liberty and freedom so that people of all faiths can thrive and not have godlessness and liberalism forced upon their lives like we currently do today.

Yeah, I think so also.

He should have really got it all stirred up and said something like:

"Don't you remember we were warned not to sacrifice liberty for security? Would you cut down all the laws to catch the Devil? Mr. Specter told Chief Justice Roberts he would rule on the implantation of an RFID chip in humans. Do you want this beast of government to be implanting everyone with a voluntary RFID chip just like we have a voluntary Social Security number?

We must zealously protect our life, liberty, property and property interests through the rule of law and the US Constitution. We cannot afford to cut down all the laws chasing these terrorists or the Devil. Because what will we do when the Devil turns on us?

We need these laws for our own protection so we all do not have to have an RFID chip in order to buy or sell in our economy, open a bank account and get on an airplane. That is one reason I greatly oppose the Real ID being implemented in 6 months!"

Cindy
09-17-2007, 09:02 PM
I watched the whole thing.

I appreciated that questions came from real citisens with their own personal private causes ( even though they were mostly of the fundie nature) and not the media working to support the Bush Agenda.

I appreciated that they all got EQUAL time.

I already have a personal Bias to Paul- He's the greatest!

Cox got my attention in some areas.

The rest were a bunch of HYPOCRITES in my eyes. Bleeeeeeeeeeech! Petuia!

They gave lip service to following the teachings of Jesus, yet support a war for oil, the murdering of their brothers and sisters under their heavenly father abroad, and condemn, those they say have immoral behavior, where Jesus befriended and forgave the worst of us.

Hypocrites!

And they give lip service to supporting the Constitution, yet, they stood for more violations of it then I can recall, especially where individual rights are concerned.

Hypocrites!

The biggest lying hypo, was Brownback. in the beggining he said he was for NAFTA. Later, he said, he would vote against ( after he learned the others on stage and the values voters were against it. ) Pandering indeed!!!

Alan keys is frightening. he sounded like he would make the Bible the Constitution if he could.

Huckabee was the most disgusting panderer to watch. Anyone notice how he is modeling his body languange and speech patterns after Bill Clinton.

I was hoping for and happy when Paul said, the Jesus he knows and follows is the prince of peace. I hope all of those people who call themselves Christian, think about that, For those who didn't get to see it, those values voters were a blood thristy war monerging crowed.

I do wish Paul would've used some of his time why he voted no to the questions on China and Sudan. I know why. I think the people who don't know much about him needed to hear his reasoning to understand where he was coming from.

Geronimo
09-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Is there a web vote going on after the debate? If so where?

Live audience is going to vote. Results will be at valuesvoterdebate.com eventually

Zydeco
09-17-2007, 09:03 PM
3 hours was an hour too long.

CurtisLow
09-17-2007, 09:04 PM
That old lady afa in a pink dress just said a lot of good thinks about Ron Paul 10:54 Still live!

Geronimo
Huckabee won 63%

Mr. White
Awesome we have to vote for Mike Huckabee!

Vvick727
09-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Psh, Huckabee won?

BuddyRey
Huckabee won 63%

Who didn't see that one coming a mile away?

Vvick727
Ron 2nd w/ 44 votes

Mark37snj
09-17-2007, 09:06 PM
1st Huckabee 219 votes
2nd Ron Paul 44 votes

Mr. White
ron paul in second. Let's get some abr graphs to distort things. This isn't like a straw poll where we buis people in, its where we get leaders in here to tow our group line and skew the vote.

tsopranos
Ron Paul in 2nd.

CurtisLow
09-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Huckabee 1st place 200 votes
Ron Paul 2ed 44 votes.

stevedasbach
09-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Entire audience didn't get to vote. 2000 people in the audience -- only 200-300 votes cast.

bcmiller
09-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Ronnnn Paullll you don't have to turn on your red light....

That red light green light nonsense left no room for reasoning. The debate was horrible. I enjoyed Alan Keyes' energy and eloquence but I wish he was against this war. Although, he has started to say liberty like a klingon.

The nonsense with the empty podiums was really dumb and got old quickly.

Watching the post debate and it is all about Ron Paul.... some guy is saying, "The milk is spilled, it is insane to think they will not follow us home." nonsense.

hvac ak47
09-17-2007, 09:11 PM
I thought the format of the debate was good. Everyone had equal time and were given the same questions to answer. The questions were bad because it was easy for the canadates to answer the way the crowd wanted. They knew what the crowd wanted to hear and answered that way, except Ron he was the only one answering no on some of the yes/no questions. He answered no because he understands what the role of government should be and I feel he was the only one being honest with his answers. I like the way the so called first teir were attacked and how all that showed up were treated equal. Ron did well.

Patrick Henry
09-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Basically, they have just crowned Huckabee the man for all christians to rally behind. This is nuts! This nation is completely bamboozled on matters constitutional.

Patrick Henry
09-17-2007, 09:13 PM
They are now attacking the good man for the most part. I am seriously frightened for this republic and my life for that matter.

winston_blade
09-17-2007, 09:15 PM
I hope Huckabee steals some more support from the first tier candidates. It would help RP.

Vvick727
09-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Wow. the lady just said, "What will YOU do about Islam?"

bcmiller
The fact that Ron Paul has taken second says a lot. If Huckabee's message was really that strong the other people who echoed him would be 2nd 3rd 4th etc...

If they could explain their red light questions it would have meant a stronger showing for Ron Paul, but 2nd in that room is strong.

SlapItHigh
They are definitely trying to make sure none of their followers support RP. These people are really sad. They think they ARE God! Talking about how good is love but God is also just. As if they are the ones who get to enforce justice around the world. They missed the entire point of The Bible, only God can judge.

quickmike
09-17-2007, 09:19 PM

ditto

the debate sucked so much ass it will be brushing its teeth to get the taste out for a week.

glad I watched Ron speak truth to insanity though. worth it.

bcmiller
They are saying that Huckabee is the crowned candidate for all Christians after getting 200 votes...

That is group think at it's finest. God wants Huckabee for the GOP nominee... sad.

Daveforliberty
I liked it when, IIRC, the Huck stated that we should stay until we win, and one or two people in the crowd yelled "How do we do it?" or something to that effect.

Ron stuck to what he has always said, or at least as much as a yes or no could allow him.

-Chris

I think that was Duncan Hunter and he lheard it. He ooked completely nonplussed, but got bailed out by Farah.

Actually, second among handpicked hard right Christians (and I'm a Christian, mind you) is pretty good. We are gaining support. If these people are real Christians they will look into their hearts and likely come around. Especially as more and more pastors voice their support.

Phylis Shafley was also pretty kind to Ron, agreeing with him that government is the problem, and agreeing that you can't legislate morality.

reduen
09-17-2007, 09:21 PM
They are definitely trying to make sure none of their followers support RP. These people are really sad. They think they ARE God! Talking about how good is love but God is also just. As if they are the ones who get to enforce justice around the world. They missed the entire point of The Bible, only God can judge.

I agree. It is sad to see these things. I have felt that the majority of "Christianity" has gone astray from the teachings of Jesus for a long time...

Good to see Dr. Pual took second here though! This is very encouraging!!

Chris R.

Patrick Henry
09-17-2007, 09:21 PM
I think that was Duncan Hunter and he lheard it. He ooked completely nonplussed, but got bailed out by Farah.

Actually, second among handpicked hard right Christians (and I'm a Christian, mind you) is pretty good. We are gaining support. If these people are real Christians they will look into their hearts and likely come around. Especially as more and more pastors voice their support.

Phylis Shafley was also pretty kind to Ron, agreeing with him that government is the problem, and agreeing that you can't legislate morality.

Having been a reader of Schaffley for a good many years now, I am willing to bet that her candidate of choice is the good Dr.

quickmike
09-17-2007, 09:23 PM
how many votes did ron get? and is the poll closed?

where can I see the results?

reduen
09-17-2007, 09:24 PM

Amen to you my friend! ;)

JosephTheLibertarian
09-17-2007, 09:25 PM
These are the same people that brought you George Dubya Bush, was the outcome THAT surprising?

Patrick Henry
09-17-2007, 09:25 PM

44 or 48. The poll is closed I think. The results are not up yet at www.afa.net

SlapItHigh
09-17-2007, 09:26 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe they said Ron got 44 votes. That was down from 53 votes at the begining of the night when they first got there. So they said the debate lost him 10 votes. I think they said you could view the results at valuevoter.com or whatever their site is.

quickmike
09-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Amen to you my friend! ;)

winning isnt about taking all the votes from one particular block of voters......... its about getting a large minority from the whole spectrum. You know, the non-insane people that are in the middle. He gets republicans, democrats, independants..... whereas huckster will only really resonate with just the hard right christians.......... nobody wins the presidency with the support of any extreme.

This is very good for Ron............... very good indeed.

SlapItHigh
09-17-2007, 09:29 PM
If they rally around Huckabee they are really rallying around Hillary.

quickmike
09-17-2007, 09:31 PM
anyone have the link to the poll? valuevoter.com is some gay dating service, so thats not it.

reduen
09-17-2007, 09:31 PM
winning isnt about taking all the votes from one particular block of voters......... its about getting a large minority from the whole spectrum. You know, the non-insane people that are in the middle. He gets republicans, democrats, independants..... whereas huckster will only really resonate with just the hard right christians.......... nobody wins the presidency with the support of any extreme.

This is very good for Ron............... very good indeed.

I don't know if you realize this or not but I agree with you 100%

jblosser
09-17-2007, 09:32 PM
http://www.valuesvoterdebate.com/

quickmike
09-17-2007, 09:33 PM
If they rally around Huckabee they are really rallying around Hillary.

Remember, these people dont make up the majority of americans. Not even close.

Sure there are alot of christians, but most of them dont fall into this type.
These are the hardcore islamo-facist fearing ones.

I wouldnt worry too much. The fact that he got 44 votes is really good news if you ask me.

quickmike
09-17-2007, 09:35 PM
http://www.valuesvoterdebate.com/

I dont see a poll there.

SlapItHigh
09-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Remember, these people dont make up the majority of americans. Not even close.

In their closing statements they claimed that they made up the highest percentage of the actual voting base in the GOP nomination election.

I wouldnt worry too much. The fact that he got 44 votes is really good news if you ask me.

I don't see how this is not a reason to be concerned. Ron Paul LOST support with these people tonight and they are influencial unfortunately. Either way, if they rally behind Huckabee they are rallying behind Hillary. We need some of these people to get the nomination.

LibertyEagle

You're kidding? His closing statement was very good, IMO.

quickmike
I don't know if you realize this or not but I agree with you 100%

Yep, were on the same page my friend.

I was just elaborating:D

transistor
09-17-2007, 09:38 PM
it was a joke, but it was refreshing not to have to listen to rudy and romney

LibertyEagle
I believe they said Ron got 44 votes. That was down from 53 votes at the begining of the night when they first got there. So they said the debate lost him 10 votes. I think they said you could view the results at valuevoter.com or whatever their site is.

I didn't hear them say anything about this? Where are you getting this from?

SlapItHigh
I didn't hear them say anything about this? Where are you getting this from?

In the post debate talk on the live stream.

The Only Woj
got this via the Facebook Election 08 Addon:

"The straw poll results are in! From pre-selected, fundamentalist delegates who were invited to the event (not the actual crowd):

Huckabee, 219

Paul, 44

Keyes, 24

Who didn't see that coming? This whole debate was set up to suck Mike Huckabee's Protestant dick. The mere fact that Ron Paul got second is somehow a miracle. Also, Alan Keyes is insane and won't get more votes than Duncan Hunter.

The real winners here are the four that didn't show."

LibertyEagle
09-17-2007, 09:39 PM
1st Huckabee 219 votes
2nd Ron Paul 44 votes

Where are you guys seeing these numbers?

LibertyEagle
09-17-2007, 09:39 PM
In the post debate talk on the live stream.

You must've been watching a different stream than I was. Mine just dropped afterwards.

quickmike
09-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Ronnnn Paullll you don't have to turn on your red light....

That red light green light nonsense left no room for reasoning. The debate was horrible. I enjoyed Alan Keyes' energy and eloquence but I wish he was against this war. Although, he has started to say liberty like a klingon.

The nonsense with the empty podiums was really dumb and got old quickly.

Watching the post debate and it is all about Ron Paul.... some guy is saying, "The milk is spilled, it is insane to think they will not follow us home." nonsense.

Yeah, so lets go spill a shitload more milk.

No common sense in people like this.

SlapItHigh
09-17-2007, 09:40 PM
You must've been watching a different stream than I was. Mine just dropped afterwards.

I watched here - http://www.afa.net/debate/ . It took a while for the post debate talk to come in but eventually they started. Mine dropped several times throughout the debate though. I kept having to refresh it to get it to start again.

Syren123
09-17-2007, 09:42 PM

What he said.

LibertyEagle
09-17-2007, 09:43 PM
bummer

SlapItHigh
09-17-2007, 09:44 PM
bummer

Be glad you didn't watch it. All they did was tear Ron down and proclaim that all Christians now have their candidate - Huckabee.

BizmanUSA
09-17-2007, 09:45 PM
PEOPLE, People . . . Do you not see that WE ALL actually WON BIG TIME as we knocked the snot out of all the other candidates even in the eye of the extreme Christians.

Dr. Paul did as he has always done, he spoke and voted the truth.

As the Huckster was busy asking for an offering from the voters tonight - hey, why not add to the campaign kitty while getting their vote.

Yes indeed it was sad the Huck took first but anyone using the common sense that God has given us will CLEARLY see that RON PAUL is our saving choice.

In the rap up it was said that the vocal support was for Ron Paul and I am sure everyone heard OUR supporters. The commentators in the rap said too bad the vocal supporters were not voting as things may have been different - paraphrasing

BizmanUSA

LibertyEagle
I'm really shocked that Huckabee received so many more votes. He doesn't even admit that there is such a thing as the NAU, much less a NAFTA superhighway.

LibertyEagle
Be glad you didn't watch it. All they did was tear Ron down and proclaim that all Christians now have their candidate - Huckabee.

I did watch it. But mine cut off after the end of the debate.

LibertyEagle
09-17-2007, 09:46 PM
A couple of the questions, like the Schiavo one, I wish he would've taken one of his minutes and explained his rationale. We know why he voted that way, but I don't think they did.

SlapItHigh
09-17-2007, 09:48 PM
I did watch it. But mine cut off after the end of the debate.

That is what I am referring to - after the end of the debate.

LibertyEagle
09-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Having been a reader of Schaffley for a good many years now, I am willing to bet that her candidate of choice is the good Dr.

Well, it was Duncan Hunter at one point. Hopefully, she will switch to dr. Paul. I know she agrees with him on NAFTA, CAFTA, the UN, the IMF, NA Union, etc.

cjhowe
09-17-2007, 10:00 PM
I don't understand the "Value" voter. They all claim, and I fully respect, that they had a moment where they gave their life to God. Yet, by watching this debate, I can only gather that they would prefer to twist my arm rather than turn my heart.

How many Christians do you know that came to God in the lowest times of their lives? Yet, these value voters would prefer government disallow these low times from happening in the lives of those that have not found God.

LibertyEagle
09-17-2007, 10:02 PM
I'm disgusted that Huckabee won. He never said much of anything at all. A total suck up. Disgusting.

It's rather disheartening that he won by so much.

jpa
09-17-2007, 10:04 PM
give Huckster his due... He speaks very well, and with a tone that is aligned with the religious right.

how can a pastor NOT win a christian voters straw poll?

slantedview
09-17-2007, 10:06 PM
It was total pandering.

I'd have to agree. It was hard to listen to (except of course, Ron).

Triton
It sucked complete ass, but I watched it for the sake of Dr. PaulIt didn't suck ass; Dr. Paul's performance, unfortunately, did. He should have taken the entire debate to remind the values voters that they don't need governent to change our culture, and that wishing it will is admitting that God is not able to do so. He was correct in all the points he made, but I am afraid he just didn't speak the language of the values voter.

crhoades
The key to winning the debate tonight:
6 words

I love Jesus, America and puppies.

No more. No less. Say that and magic!

slantedview
09-17-2007, 10:08 PM

When was this declared? What fucking hypocrite pieces of shit (I feel comfortable saying this since I'm a Christian myself)! The ONE candidate who spoke of PEACE was Dr. Paul. Any Christian who tries to justify this war or any other unprovoked pre-emptive war is a hypocrite piece of shit. End of story.

quickmike
09-17-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm disgusted that Huckabee won. He never said much of anything at all. A total suck up. Disgusting.

It's rather disheartening that he won by so much.

Ah dont sweat it . This was his turf. What did you expect?

Look at it this way, this is about the only group that he will really gain any real support with. Ron appeals to all walks. he got 2nd place in a room of mostly people scared shitless of islamo-facism, beating out everyone except huckabee, a former pastor.

He doesnt need majority support of any group. Just a minority from many different groups.

Thats what won it for Reagan in 1980

goldenequity
09-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Audio Posted:

Ron Paul Voter Values Debate 091707 (18 min)

HERE (http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/index.html#new)

3 Hours to capture 18 minutes.....Ron must be wiped out.... I KNOW I am :o

He did great!

randy :)

reduen
09-17-2007, 10:13 PM
I love Jesus. I love America. I love puppies.

and

I love Ron Paul!

Chris R.

SlapItHigh
09-17-2007, 10:14 PM
When was this declared? What fucking hypocrite pieces of shit (I feel comfortable saying this since I'm a Christian myself)! The ONE candidate who spoke of PEACE was Dr. Paul. Any Christian who tries to justify this war or any other unprovoked pre-emptive war is a hypocrite piece of shit. End of story.

This was declared in the post debate discussion on the live stream. They went on and on about how it was VERY CLEAR and "we now have our candidate" - Huckabee. They kept holding up a graph of the votes with Huckabee WAY ahead of all the others. They pretty much only mentioned Huckabee and Ron. Every time they mentioned Ron, they slammed him to the point of actually calling his ideas "insane" (although they gave him some lame compliments on some of his ideas to make it seem more balanced and hopefully win over his fans to their version of "sane"). They were very very clear, forceful and direct that all Christians should now back Hucakbee. Hopefully someone will put it up on youtube so you can see for yourself.

Omnis
09-17-2007, 10:15 PM
I was at the debate sitting about a dozen rows from the front. I thought the debate was a blast, but I was astounded at how theocratic a lot of the contenders are (i.e., Alan Keyes).

Huckabee was scripted down to the bell, and Brownback wouldn't shut his yap. I can't believe how many times some of the candidates added comments and spoke when their time limits were up.

I only wish I could've seen Giuliani be massacred by the one question of the nearly-aborted person. That was a real throat-cutter.

Of everyone in the audience, let me assure you that Ron Paul was the real winner. The only thing insane was the amount of support this man had tonight. There were a couple of booers, but, from my position at least, they were well drowned-out.

SlapItHigh
09-17-2007, 10:17 PM
The ONE candidate who spoke of PEACE was Dr. Paul. Any Christian who tries to justify this war or any other unprovoked pre-emptive war is a hypocrite piece of shit.

Oh and regarding this specifically, they said that he was "cherry picking" what he wanted out of The Bible with that comment about peace. They said that The Bible talks about love and peace but it also talks about God being just and they threw in something about how we love our children but also discipline them. It was scary, especially since I know the common forms of discipline for fundamental christians.

Cindy
09-17-2007, 10:20 PM
The key to winning the debate tonight:
6 words

I love Jesus, America and puppies.

No more. No less. Say that and magic!

According to the post debate discussion the key was saying

" my faith is what brought me into politics."

mike1
09-17-2007, 11:08 PM
Ok number 1 I am a fundamentalists and about a far right as they come and I support Ron Paul I have for years what you must understand is he dus not need support from all of us fundeys as people call me lol only like 25-30% I do how ever believe Christians are fighting a war against islomo fascism the differents is I don’t think my government should fight it for me

EvilTwinkie
09-17-2007, 11:13 PM
dumbest debate ever. Except for Dr. Paul it was nothing but a panderfest.

Ok for some reason I ROFL'd at panderfest.

Rongasm and panderfest... I swear we are all going to publish a Ron Paul lexicon when all this is done.

quickmike
09-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Ok number 1 I am a fundamentalists and about a far right as they come and I support Ron Paul I have for years what you must understand is he dus not need support from all of us fundeys as people call me lol only like 25-30% I do how ever believe Christians are fighting a war against islomo fascism the differents is I don’t think my government should fight it for me

welcome mike1

slantedview
09-17-2007, 11:15 PM
Oh and regarding this specifically, they said that he was "cherry picking" what he wanted out of The Bible with that comment about peace. They said that The Bible talks about love and peace but it also talks about God being just and they threw in something about how we love our children but also discipline them. It was scary, especially since I know the common forms of discipline for fundamental christians.
Sigh. Yea, scary. I think I've calmed down now.

Paulitician
09-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Some good question (like the SPP one for example), too many of the same Bible-thumping questions, and the whole "speed round" took way too long and seemed a little worthless. It wasn't Ron Paul's best performance. He needs to work on that, seems like he get's more nervous with these debates or something. He seemed kind of cranky as well. However, I liked that there was no apparent bias toward any candidate. All of them got equal time. I didn't think too highly of this debate, but at least it was very fair, which is a breath of fresh air compared to the big network debates. I think Huckabee did exceptionally well, especially with that crowd. Tons of pandering. I wonder which of them were actually sincere with their "values" and Biblical talk.

PaleoConservative
09-17-2007, 11:28 PM
I at least liked the format. Ask a question and let each candidate answer it. It's far better then the other debates where one candidate gets asked a question and then they move on to another one. Ron hardly gets any chance to talk during this style of debate. At least in this format, Ron always got a chance to talk about his beliefs.

What really hurt Ron in this debate was the yes or no part of the debate. Having Dr. Paul answer no to regulating porn etc, etc gives a false viewpoint of Dr. Paul. Ron has valid reasons for voting no and it has nothing to do with him being pro-porn etc.

TurtleBurger
09-17-2007, 11:33 PM
I only wish I could've seen Giuliani be massacred by the one question of the nearly-aborted person. That was a real throat-cutter.

It's too bad Giuliani wasn't there to field that question. That could have been lights-out for his campaign.

mike1
09-17-2007, 11:38 PM
It's too bad Giuliani wasn't there to field that question. That could have been lights-out for his campaign.

That is why he was not there he know he was going to be asked questions he didn’t won’t to answer

Thomas_Paine
09-17-2007, 11:47 PM
I was at the debate sitting about a dozen rows from the front. I thought the debate was a blast, but I was astounded at how theocratic a lot of the contenders are (i.e., Alan Keyes).

Huckabee was scripted down to the bell, and Brownback wouldn't shut his yap. I can't believe how many times some of the candidates added comments and spoke when their time limits were up.

Of everyone in the audience, let me assure you that Ron Paul was the real winner. The only thing insane was the amount of support this man had tonight. There were a couple of booers, but, from my position at least, they were well drowned-out.

I trust your judgement because you were there. Do you know why only a small percentage of the audience voted?

V-rod
09-18-2007, 12:48 AM
It could be worse people. Hell, I'll take Huckabee over the "Top-Tier" Neo-conservative crowd. Just glad the Neocons are getting limited religious right support.