PDA

View Full Version : Another drug raid: no drugs, no arrests, dogs shot and killed.

Anti Federalist
03-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Police shoot, kill two dogs during raid
Family says animals did not pose a threat
By Aaron Besecker
NEWS STAFF REPORTER

A South Buffalo family wants answers after police shot and killed two of their dogs during a raid Saturday, leaving blood puddled on a living-room carpet and speckled on the wall.

Police, who were looking for a drug suspect and narcotics, left the Indian Church Road home without finding any evidence or arresting anyone, according to residents of the house.

The incident has left the family distraught and angry over the loss of the dogs, Essy and Moosey.

“It was just the most traumatizing, horrible thing,” said Rita M. Patterson, 27, who lives in the house with her 68-year-old father, Daniel J. Patterson.

Rita Patterson’s boyfriend, William F. Hanavan, 32, paroled last year after serving eight months in prison on a drug charge, was home but was not taken into custody Saturday.

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/623439.html

Kraig
03-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Meanwhile if you kill a police dog that is trained to maul you as it is attempting to maul you they will charge you with "killing a police officer" LMAO. Oh the endless rage I feel inside, they are right about one thing though, the average officer's life isn't worth much more than a dog. Certainly not the ones guilty of this.

SWATH
03-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Such actions can easily turn people into retaliatory "terrorists".

pcosmar
03-30-2009, 03:25 PM

They are drawing the lines more clearly.

DeGeorge did point to the inherent danger police generally face when raiding a home.

“Executing a search warrant, police never know what they’re going to find on the other side of that door,” DeGeorge said. “In most cases, these can be life and death situations.”
More and more often death, and for innocent victims.

kathy88
03-30-2009, 03:27 PM
More and more every day. It's getting very tense.

Kotin
03-30-2009, 03:29 PM
I am starting to think they just hate dogs..

Dark_Horse_Rider
03-30-2009, 03:31 PM
It is amazing that anyone would think that it is a good strategy to do things like that.

End the drug war.

Galileo Galilei
03-30-2009, 03:45 PM
"“Executing a search warrant, police never know what they’re going to find on the other side of that door,” DeGeorge said. “In most cases, these can be life and death situations.”"

selfish pigs. What about the much greater danger to the family?

Zuras
03-30-2009, 04:06 PM
"“Executing a search warrant, police never know what they’re going to find on the other side of that door,” DeGeorge said. “In most cases, these can be life and death situations.”"

Indeed. Could easily ricochet a bullet off/out and hit/kill a person, including the officers themselves. I'm always leary about these stories because we only get one side of the story. Too many people's perception has been so skewed by biased media that is only interested in a police officer if that officer has done something bad.

Nonetheless, hopefully they start implmenting some sort of restriction on the shooting of animals in these raids, as its seema to be happening more frequently. I'd also like to every police department have to have the commanding officer in any sort of planned raid wear a small portable camera. If you got time to get a warrant you can put a little 8 oz camera on you.

devil21
03-30-2009, 04:28 PM

And a "life and death situation" that the police CHOOSE to put themselves into all because of the failed WoD. They can always stop putting themselves into those situations.

TruckinMike
03-30-2009, 08:40 PM
If they raided my house, my trained assault chickens would know just what to do....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3466/3399924905_ca77c62ff9_o.jpg

Uriel999
03-30-2009, 08:50 PM
man, if I ever have a dog...he is getting a kevlar body suit.

ClayTrainor
03-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Cops are thugs.

Bman
03-30-2009, 08:55 PM

You'd better believe I would be out to ruin anyone who kills my dogs.

Theocrat
03-30-2009, 09:09 PM
The police break into a home, upset the peace within a household, kill their dogs, and invade the family's privacy just for some Hydrocodone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrocodone)? It makes me wonder sometimes who are the real drug addicts when law enforcement agencies perform their duties in such a fashion.

donnay
03-30-2009, 09:25 PM
I am starting to think they just hate dogs..

I think it's more like they're scared of them. The dog may attack them to try and protect their family.

:mad:

donnay
03-30-2009, 09:32 PM
If they raided my house, my trained assault chickens would know just what to do....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3466/3399924905_ca77c62ff9_o.jpg

ROFLMAO! Yeah, mine too! I have a rooster who is the size of a turkey and his spurs are dangerous!

http://www.wilkesworks.com/images/super_chicken.jpg

rpfan2008
03-30-2009, 10:02 PM
This sounds like a terror campaign.

TruckinMike
03-30-2009, 10:14 PM
ROFLMAO! Yeah, mine too! I have a rooster who is the size of a turkey and his spurs are dangerous!
I bet we're the only ones laughing -- ya' have to be a real chicken lover to appreciate ......chickens!:D

:(my mean leghorn rooster got eaten by a coyote. But I have some more on the way.:)

donnay
03-30-2009, 10:31 PM
I bet we're the only ones laughing -- ya' have to be a real chicken lover to appreciate ......chickens!:D

:(my mean leghorn rooster got eaten by a coyote. But I have some more on the way.:)

Yes, indeed. :D I love watching them cluck around--they're actually funny to watch. I have two roo's, one name Tub and the other Road runner, they guard the hen house. :cool:

That's sad your rooster was eaten by a coyote. :(

I am just about to incubate eggs, to restock. :)

fr33domfightr
03-30-2009, 10:43 PM
You'd think they could have just followed one or all members of the family when they went to the store, then they could have arrested one or all out in the open. There's no need to kill the dogs.

I just looked up hydrocodone, its one of the common chemicals in Vicodin. Those police must not have much else to do these days. If they had an investigation, they should have had a better warrant. Do they have to explain this to a judge?

FF

robert4rp08
03-30-2009, 10:46 PM
Damn. Too bad the DEA wasn't involved. Need more fuel against Obama :D

tremendoustie
03-30-2009, 10:52 PM
You'd think they could have just followed one or all members of the family when they went to the store, then they could have arrested one or all out in the open. There's no need to kill the dogs.

FF

Wait, common sense? They don't use that in LE these days, hadn't you heard? Plus, that might require spending some actual time on a stakeout, and we all know the family dogs and some serious trauma are not worth nearly as much as a couple hours of these violent, lazy thugs' time.

HOLLYWOOD
03-30-2009, 10:55 PM
Meanwhile if you kill a police dog that is trained to maul you as it is attempting to maul you they will charge you with "killing a police officer" LMAO. Oh the endless rage I feel inside, they are right about one thing though, the average officer's life isn't worth much more than a dog. Certainly not the ones guilty of this.

... who says a attack tyrannical animal is a Police office? HAH

This is why Ron Paul has spoken about the responsibilities as a Juror to change the Corrupt and Colluding strong arms of the Judicial systems at all levels across American. As a juror, you can change the laws and conspiracies the Judicial system runs with the Executive, Legislative branches.

Jurors have the final say now, and we can all provide REAL CHANGE to this country in the courts cases, bit by bit. It's just getting this through the thick ignorance of the American Sheeple that have been "programmed" by government.

Minarchy4Sale
03-30-2009, 11:00 PM
our lives no longer hold any value in the eyes of the enforcers.

cindy25
03-31-2009, 07:28 AM
and they wonder why people cheered in Oakland

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/623439.html?imw=Y

Rita Patterson and her father, Daniel Patterson, hold photos of their dogs killed by police.
John Hickey/Buffalo News

Updated: 03/30/09 08:21 AM
Police shoot, kill two dogs during raid
Family says animals did not pose a threat
By Aaron Besecker
NEWS STAFF REPORTER
Story tools:

* Larger
* Smaller
* Save
* Print
* Email

Related Stories

* For police, killing of dogs was safety issue

Share this story:
Buzz up!
Add to My Yahoo!

A South Buffalo family wants answers after police shot and killed two of their dogs during a raid Saturday, leaving blood puddled on a living-room carpet and speckled on the wall.

Police, who were looking for a drug suspect and narcotics, left the Indian Church Road home without finding any evidence or arresting anyone, according to residents of the house.

The incident has left the family distraught and angry over the loss of the dogs, Essy and Moosey.

“It was just the most traumatizing, horrible thing,” said Rita M. Patterson, 27, who lives in the house with her 68-year-old father, Daniel J. Patterson.

Rita Patterson’s boyfriend, William F. Hanavan, 32, paroled last year after serving eight months in prison on a drug charge, was home but was not taken into custody Saturday.

However, Hanavan was arrested on a felony assault charge Sunday afternoon, Buffalo police reported.

When police stormed the house on Indian Church Road, near Seneca Street, at about 5:30 p. m. Saturday, Daniel Patterson was on the couch, watching the news.

“They shot the dogs for no reason at all,” he told The Buffalo News on Sunday.

Rita Patterson said she was cooking dinner in the kitchen when she heard loud noises at the side door. Hanavan was upstairs taking a nap, and at first she thought he may have fallen out of bed.

Before she knew what was happening, police wearing masks and helmets and carrying automatic weapons had broken through the door. They tied her hands with a zip tie and put her on the floor.

Her father pleaded with police not to shoot the dogs, but they wouldn’t allow him to grab the dogs and put them in another room, Patterson said.

One of the officers started firing a shotgun at the two dogs, one a pit bull and the other a pit bull-boxer mix.

One of the dogs was shot three times: once in the throat, once in the back and the last time in the leg while trying to run away, Rita Patterson said.

The other dog was cowering behind a table. Neither was a threat to the police, the residents said.

The police had a warrant for the home, but it named no suspects. It said only that investigators were looking for a white male and Hydrocodone. Information that led to the warrant, according to the warrant itself, came partly from an informant, Rita Patterson said.

Hanavan was paroled in February 2008 after he served more than eight months of a one-to three-year sentence for fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a Class D felony.

Hanavan was arrested Sunday following an assault at about 3:30 p. m. on Indian Church Road near the site of the raid.

Hanavan and a second suspect are accused of pinning down a man and punching and kicking him repeatedly, said Buffalo police spokesman Michael J. DeGeorge. The man suffered numerous injuries and was taken to Mercy Hospital.

It’s not known how or if the incident is connected to the previous day’s raid, DeGeorge said.

Police did have a warrant for the address, DeGeorge said, though he would not comment on who the target may have been or what police were looking for.

“It’s part of an ongoing undercover operation,” DeGeorge said.

Rita Patterson said she will be talking with a lawyer today.

“There’s not even a word to describe the pain I feel,” she said.

DeGeorge, the police spokesman, said the Pattersons have a right to request an investigation through the department’s Professional Standards Division.

DeGeorge did point to the inherent danger police generally face when raiding a home.

“Executing a search warrant, police never know what they’re going to find on the other side of that door,” DeGeorge said. “In most cases, these can be life and death situations.”

News Staff Reporter Stephen T. Watson contributed to this report.

Freedom 4 all
03-31-2009, 07:35 AM
Indeed. Could easily ricochet a bullet off/out and hit/kill a person, including the officers themselves. I'm always leary about these stories because we only get one side of the story. Too many people's perception has been so skewed by biased media that is only interested in a police officer if that officer has done something bad.

Come out of the neocon statist closet already, you'll feel better.

Kraig
03-31-2009, 07:41 AM
... who says a attack tyrannical animal is a Police office? HAH

This is why Ron Paul has spoken about the responsibilities as a Juror to change the Corrupt and Colluding strong arms of the Judicial systems at all levels across American. As a juror, you can change the laws and conspiracies the Judicial system runs with the Executive, Legislative branches.

Jurors have the final say now, and we can all provide REAL CHANGE to this country in the courts cases, bit by bit. It's just getting this through the thick ignorance of the American Sheeple that have been "programmed" by government.

Jurors will throw you under the bus. There is no way in hell I will willingly put my life and freedom in the hands of a random ass jury. Look at the people in the grocery store next time you go shopping, talked to them and find out what they think about law and government, that is your jury.

Kraig
03-31-2009, 07:43 AM
These pigs are just anxious to spill some blood.

zach
03-31-2009, 07:50 AM
"Leave your mark, kill their prized animals if nothing else."

I can only imagine if something like this was ordered.

cindy25
03-31-2009, 07:50 AM
masked cowards

bill50
03-31-2009, 10:31 PM
Most dogs only attack bad people so I doubt the dogs actually attacked the cops....oh wait.