PDA

View Full Version : Blog from Reuters: "Hillary's Idea Of Fairness"

Texan4Life
06-01-2007, 04:21 AM
Normally I only read things about RP, but I just had to see what this one said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/blogBurst/politics?type=politicsNews&w1=B7ovpm21IaDoL40ZFnNfGe&w2=B7tmRCRJt2YFzDsa7MJ1CblL&src=blogBurst_politicsNews&bbPostId=BC9ox64fYLpaCzATSfaN09qL3BCmT8stlXdFkCz2L j4UhKKE2d&bbParentWidgetId=B7tmRCRJt2YFzDsa7MJ1CblL

--------

"You’ve heard the time honored adage “Life’s Not Fair”. Well, Hillary Clinton wants to change that. She’s convinced that all the unfairness in life – specifically that which exists in the economic sphere – can be removed by government intervention. Having learned absolutely nothing from her colossal failure in attempting to socialize 1/7th of the US economy, she’s now ready, willing, and able to try socializing the whole thing.

Says Hillary:

"There is no greater force for economic growth than free markets."

But in the very same breath she contradicts the very fundamental principles upon which free markets function:

"But markets work best with rules that promote our values, protect our workers and give all people a chance to succeed. Fairness doesn't just happen. It requires the right government policies."

Fairness to Hillary and her ilk means implementing government policies aimed at the redistribution of wealth – more correctly defined as the redistribution of poverty. Don’t forget this is the same woman who once declared:

"Many of you are well enough off that ... the tax cuts may have helped you. We're saying that for America to get back on track, we're probably going to cut that short and not give it to you. We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

Think about that for a second, dear reader. Are you ready to live in a society where “fairness” and the “common good” are decided by Hillary Clinton?

Hillary Clinton has no more clear understanding of free market capitalism than she does of particle physics. Free Markets operate on fundamental rules which dictate that some people win, and some people lose. Government attempts to dictate “fairness” most often end up creating less opportunity and more “losers” than would have existed had Government done nothing in the first place. Don’t believe me? Fine. Go read George Will. He’s got the numbers and sources to prove the point. Facts are stubborn things.

How does Hillary propose to lift impoverished Americans? Not through job creation, economic stimulus via tax cuts, or any other proven method. She has vowed

"to expand and simplify the earned income tax credit; create new jobs by pursuing energy independence; and ensure that every American has affordable health insurance."

How, pray tell, does one create jobs by “pursuing energy independence"? Is Hillary planning on paying people to ride stationary bicycles to power Al Gore’s energy hog of a house?

This nation’s economic prosperity is driven by people who strive to succeed in their chosen field – those who believe they can accomplish their dreams no matter what obstacles stand in their way. Successful people understand that life isn’t fair. They don’t expect it to be fair and often succeed despite government rules and regulations designed to handicap them.

What this economy needs is less regulation, not more of it – less government intrusion rather than the alternative.

The alternative, dear reader, is a nation where you get to do what you like – as long as Hillary thinks you’re playing fair in the sandbox. If what she wanted to do to healthcare scared you, wait until she gets her hands on the whole economy and not just a portion thereof.

I don't know about you, but I'll take an "on your own" economy over a Hillary "all in this together" economy every single time the choice is posed.

Here endeth the lesson."