PDA

View Full Version : Are you an ex-statist? A video for your recovery!

bossman068410
03-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Are you an ex-statist? A video for your recovery!
If you have freinds who need help this vid might help too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5lYUw2Bm0

The_Orlonater
03-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Hehe, I love this guy.

Kludge
03-30-2009, 05:54 PM
Ex-statist? I thought this would help me recover my authoritarian roots...

Reason
03-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Are you an ex-statist? A video for your recovery!
If you have freinds who need help this vid might help too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5lYUw2Bm0

Intelligent video. :)

akihabro
03-30-2009, 06:31 PM
First time I've seen this guy. Thanks for the video.

heavenlyboy34
03-30-2009, 06:34 PM
thanks, OP!! :D:cool: :) ~hugs~ Please share this with Theo and LE! ;)

bossman068410
03-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Yea. He is a well thought out Anarchist.
He advocates a stateless society.
A Lot of his arguments are great.

He did talk about Ron Paul in another vid.
Basically he said for us to give up and wait until our nation destroys it's self.
He does admire the movement but See's it as futile.

sailor
03-30-2009, 06:40 PM
I`ve heard about him. To hear it told he has some wacky and/or militant culturaly-left views on a few issues.

bossman068410
03-30-2009, 07:05 PM
I`ve heard about him. To hear it told he has some wacky and/or militant culturaly-left views on a few issues.

A stateless society is a pretty radical thinking for most, but when i listen to his stuff he's pretty much like the Liberty Movement but wants completely Voluntary Associations with NO Government.

It's Mind Candy for me. The WHAT IF kind of thing.

beerista
03-30-2009, 07:10 PM
I've got disagreements with some other parts of his approach (that I don't need to go into now as I don't wish to sidetrack the discussion) but he is intelligent, clear, and does a really great job of pointing out "the gun in the room", which is the essential, inescapable point that damns government do-gooderism and is likely to bring liberals over to freedom.

He must also be completely tireless, as he seems to have video and audio positively saturating the internet.

Theocrat
03-30-2009, 07:13 PM
What that guy fails to realize is that our federal government already acts like an anarchy unto itself. It does not submit to the rule of law (or God, for that matter), it makes laws and policies as it sees fit, and it determines what life, liberty, and property shall be according to its own mandates and agenda. The biggest example of how anarchy fails is looking at the present behavior of our federal government. If men will not be governed by God, then they will be ruled by tyrants, even if the tyrants are themselves.

sailor
03-30-2009, 07:27 PM
What that guy fails to realize is that our federal government already acts like an anarchy unto itself. It does not submit to the rule of law (or God, for that matter), it makes laws and policies as it sees fit, and it determines what life, liberty, and property shall be according to its own mandates and agenda. The biggest example of how anarchy fails is looking at the present behavior of our federal government. If men will not be governed by God, then they will be ruled by tyrants, even if the tyrants are themselves.

Good post, but how is government at the state level different?

bossman068410
03-30-2009, 08:01 PM

Usually with anarchy comes tyranny. You are correct. I don't see to many examples of history were a stateless society works, but it would be the ultimate Libertarian position. If our territory was stateless then what i see is some other country would quickly come in and pillage our wealth and resources.

Theocrat
03-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Good post, but how is government at the state level different?

Well, it seems most of the states have ignored the rule of law via their Constitutions, like the federal government has. Still, they usually submit to the authority of the national government when it comes to appropriation of federal money for roads, grants for public schools, and funds for the state's enforcement of federal policies, such as legal drinking age and drug legislation.

Of course, it should be the other way around because state governments created the federal government. Somehow the states became the servants instead of the masters.

sailor
03-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Usually with anarchy comes tyranny. You are correct. I don't see to many examples of history were a stateless society works, but it would be the ultimate Libertarian position. If our territory was stateless then what i see is some other country would quickly come in and pillage our wealth and resources.

No state, no gun control.

With everyone with a full automatic stashed in the basement they`d be crazy to.

heavenlyboy34
03-30-2009, 09:26 PM
No state, no gun control.

With everyone with a full automatic stashed in the basement they`d be crazy to.

Not to mention voluntarily created militias! :cool:;):)

Pennsylvania
03-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Great video. As the author states, it is very easy to see from the outside, and very difficult to see from the inside. I came to libertarianism from the "authoritarian left" and can testify that the mentality is completely different.

Pennsylvania
03-30-2009, 09:53 PM
This guy is awesome, and this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igbBItLemsM&feature=channel) is epic win.

Stary Hickory
03-30-2009, 09:56 PM
This guy is great, he is doing his part to bring us to freedom. I am really glad we have someone like this fighting for freedom. I even sent this to some family members. Some people hate big government, they have the right instincts. But this guy lays it all out, makes it elemental and obvious why it's so wrong.

Pennsylvania
03-30-2009, 10:02 PM
What is his accent? At various times it sounds American, Scottish, and Australian to me.

sailor
03-30-2009, 11:15 PM
This guy is awesome, and this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igbBItLemsM&feature=channel) is epic win.

He`s not that great. Check his stance on religion, abortion and children.

heavenlyboy34
03-30-2009, 11:19 PM

Government is not anarchy. You still have quite a bit of reading to do, sir, before you understand it. Get to it! :cool::D

bossman068410
03-31-2009, 01:28 AM
He`s not that great. Check his stance on religion, abortion and children.

HE is a big hatefull athiest
Don't know about abortion thing
HE does champion against Abuse of children.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK6SS4ETHWQ
This is a good one about the National Debt he made.