PDA

View Full Version : McCain sounds a lot like Ron Paul on Meet the Press

Original_Intent
03-29-2009, 08:28 AM
"We can't spend our way out of this..."

"We need to work to secure our borders..." (WTF this is the exact opposite of his position!!!)

Really pisses me off every time he gets on the air and tries to act like a grown up. He is nothing but a fraud, like any Ron Paul supporter would ever trust anything this snake has to say.

silverhawks
03-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Not like McCain hasn't flip-flopped before; though its starting to sound to me that the Republican Party has cottoned on to the popularity of the message of liberty, and is co-opting it to get elected in 2012. They don't intend to put anyone in the White House who isn't a "safe pair of hands".

krazy kaju
03-29-2009, 08:41 AM
At least if that guy were President, we'd be far less in debt. He's far more a fiscal conservative than Obama ever was.

TruthisTreason
03-29-2009, 08:42 AM
McCain is a joke!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-29-2009, 08:44 AM
At least if that guy were President, we'd be far less in debt. He's far more a fiscal conservative than Obama ever was.

except for when he is voting to spend billions upon billions on domestic spying programs and foreign wars/police actions that we have no business in.

silverhawks
03-29-2009, 08:45 AM
We would be in EXACTLY the same place if McCain was in. All that would differ is the name of the policies.

Cowlesy
03-29-2009, 08:46 AM
NOTHING would be different if McCain were in charge.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-29-2009, 08:47 AM
We would be in EXACTLY the same place if McCain was in. All that would differ is the name of the policies.

Pretty much... instead of being called an "economic stimulus package" it would be called "money we printed up to protect corporations so that the terrorist who hate us for our freedoms don't win.... oh yeah 9/11 and here to tell you about it is my secretary of state... Ghouliani"

Bruno
03-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Sounds like McCain is trying to reinvent himself. Why, who only knows. Perhaps to change history's perception of him.

"earmarks and pork barrel spending" blah, blah, blah.

krazy kaju
03-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Saying that nothing would be different is pure ignorance. McCain has been a fiscal conservative the entire time he's been in government. He voted against the Bush tax cuts because he wanted a balanced budget. The Republican stimulus plan was at least much smaller than the "let's spend trillions of dollars in my first 100 days" Obama/Democrat plan. The Republican plan also included some real tax cuts.

I'm not saying that McCain would have been a good President. Quite on the contrary. But that doesn't change the fact that he would have been much better than Obama, who is already the worst president in U.S. history, IMO.

Bruno
03-29-2009, 09:15 AM
The string pullers are still the same, the puppet at the other end of the strings would be the only difference.

McCain just said Cap & Trade is Cap & Tax, right after he said he is a supporter of it. ???

He must have sonded like Ron Paul early in the interview, because I missed that part. I'm not hearing any similarities now

DAFTEK
03-29-2009, 09:21 AM
NOTHING would be different if McCain were in charge.

^ THIS!

We are actually better off with Obama for people to wake up and bring our reason to their door why the Constitution matters and there is no left or right anymore. :o

DAFTEK
03-29-2009, 09:25 AM
God knows we would be invading other countries by now if McCain was in power.

Bruno
03-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Would you support Sarah Palin?

Well, maybe, dunnno, would have to see the others out there.... hahaha

Young Paleocon
03-29-2009, 09:50 AM
McCain is a fucktard, he supported cap and trade in the primaries. It was one of the things he got Schwarzenager's blessing on at the Cali debate. He voted for Tarp, he would still let the Fed run wild if he was president, and we would probably have troops in Georgia and god knows where else.

angelatc
03-29-2009, 09:53 AM

Why do you even think that? He voted for TARP and he was plugging a trillion dollar mortgage rescue plan right before the election.
I also believe that if he had voted against TARP he would be president today.

Zuras
03-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Good god. It's like McCain ate some of your children. Strike that. It's like you believe McCain ate some of your children. Grow up.

Bring some pixie dust back from Never land when you decide to return to planet earth.

heavenlyboy34
03-29-2009, 03:21 PM

I'm from the state he "represents" (AZ), and I can guarantee you that this is not true. McShame is a statist, through and through. :p

kahless
03-30-2009, 10:12 AM
It has not even been a year and it is amazing how soon people forget. It is no surprise the media does not call him on his complete flip-flop but what is amazing is the posts here that fail to recognize recent McCain history. It makes me nuts this last month every time I see him on TV stating completely the opposite of his policies only last fall.

How can people not see this, just scratching the surface as Angelatc said
He voted for TARP and he was plugging a trillion dollar mortgage rescue plan right before the election. I also believe that if he had voted against TARP he would be president today."

acptulsa
03-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Good god. It's like McCain ate some of your children. Strike that. It's like you believe McCain ate some of your children. Grow up.

Bring some pixie dust back from Never land when you decide to return to planet earth.

Go tell it to the Navajos that live on the water table now tainted by uranium pilings. They know who helped push that deal through.

If you do, I suggest you go armed...

Krugerrand
03-30-2009, 10:35 AM
God knows we would be invading other countries by now if McCain was in power.

How many days passed in Obama's administration before the US led air strikes into Pakistan?

Zuras
03-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Go tell it to the Navajos that live on the water table now tainted by uranium pilings. They know who helped push that deal through.

If you do, I suggest you go armed...

Navajos shouldn't be free to do with their land as they please? Where is the libertarian in that? Oh, wait, you're not.

acptulsa
03-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Navajos shouldn't be free to do with their land as they please? Where is the libertarian in that? Oh, wait, you're not.

Zuras, do you really, truly think the Navajos are coming up with and/or willingly allowing uranium pilings on their land? Seriously?

Do you type with your mouth open? And if not, does it hurt your lips and teeth when your foot goes in it?

Zuras
03-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Zuras, do you really, truly think the Navajos are coming up with and/or willingly allowing uranium pilings on their land? Seriously?

Do you type with your mouth open? And if not, does it hurt your lips and teeth when your foot goes in it?

Howmany land leases have the navajos approved for uranium processing with the US goverment in the last 50 years? Do you even know? Th government is not forcing them to do this. They have signed over willingly for the ka-ching.

So, people should not be able to do with their property as they please, and contracts are worthless. What a grand libertarian you are. I think the Obama administraion is looking for a few good tools like you.

acptulsa
03-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Howmany land leases have the navajos approved for uranium processing with the US goverment in the last 50 years? Do you even know? Th government is not forcing them to do this. They have signed over willingly for the ka-ching.

So, people should not be able to do with their property as they please, and contracts are worthless. What a grand libertarian you are. I think the Obama administraion is looking for a few good tools like you.

I wasn't talking aabout mining, Zuras. I was talking about dumping tailings. And this deal was opposed by both the Navajo and the Hopi. McCain shoved it through over their objections.

Why do you insist on making a thousand assumptions and running with them as if they were facts? That's what causes your hoof-in-mouth disease, lightweight...

Zuras
03-30-2009, 11:02 AM
I wasn't talking aabout mining, Zuras. I was talking about dumping tailings. And this deal was opposed by both the Navajo and the Hopi. McCain shoved it through over their objections.

Why do you insist on making a thousand assumptions and running with them as if they were facts? That's what causes your hoof-in-mouth disease, lightweight...

Uranium tailings are a by-product of uranium mining, Sherlock. I guess the Navajo learned not to do business with uncle sam, huh?

acptulsa
03-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Uranium tailings are a by-product of uranium mining, Sherlock. I guess the Navajo learned not to do business with uncle sam, huh?

And all uranium mining takes place on Navajo land? And tailings must be dumped right where they're mined? And this is an excuse for tainting a people's water table because...?

I wish you'd go to law school. I'd pay money to come to court and hear someone hollering "Objection--assumes facts not in evidence" so often, and the judge saying "sustained" so often it sounds like the needle got stuck on an old Perry Mason show soundtrack. It would be quite entertaining.

Your leaps of logic are quite impressively death-defying. But what they aren't is logic.

Zuras
03-30-2009, 11:13 AM
And all uranium mining takes place on Navajo land? And tailings must be dumped right where they're mined? And this is an excuse for tainting a people's water table because...?

It's none of my business if someone wants to string themselves out on crack, nor if they want to sell their soul to uncle sam. You sign a crappy contract, you'd get crap. And hat's exactly what you'd deserve.

You aren't a libertarian and you don't know wtf you are talking about. This is painfully obvious, not to mention beckming quite humorous.

acptulsa
03-30-2009, 11:16 AM
It's none of my business if someone wants to string themselves out on crack, nor if they want to sell their soul to uncle sam. You sign a crappy contract,you get crap. And hat's exactly what you deserved.

Fair enough. If you want to change the subject, well, considering how much of an ass you just made of yourself I don't blame you. But I wish you'd pick one. Neither crap nor signing up for the military nor crappy contracts have anything to do with what I mentioned. But that's fine. Carry on about whichever of these unrelated subjects you wish...

Hell, talk about all three for all I care. Not my thread you're hijacking.

Zuras
03-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Fair enough. If you want to change the subject, well, considering how much of an ass you just made of yourself I don't blame you. But I wish you'd pick one. Neither crap nor signing up for the military nor crappy contracts have anything to do with what I mentioned. But that's fine. Carry on about whichever of these unrelated subjects you wish...

Hell, talk about all three for all I care. Not my thread you're hijacking.

Maybe you should stop tossing festering red herrings around your threads, then. I don't intend to address them, but feel free to throw them. They tend to ward off any substantive discussion, the last thing you'd ever want.

acptulsa
03-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Maybe you should stop tossing festering red herrings around your threads, then. I don't intend to address them, but feel free to throw them. They tend to ward off any substantive discussion, the last thing you'd ever want.

Red herrings in my threads? You're going to have to link to that one...

Athan
03-30-2009, 12:42 PM

He voted for the first bailout and probably voted against the second because the democrats were behind it instead of bush.

Remember he voted for a TRILLION dollars of new spending on top of the trillions already on the budget. Then he bitches about pork barrel spending that amounts to only 1% of the actual spending.

He is Oldbama.

acptulsa
03-30-2009, 12:44 PM
He voted for the first bailout and probably voted against the second because the democrats were behind it instead of bush.

Either that, or he made a big production of 'suspending his campaign' to rush to Washington to bully the Dubya Theft Package through the Senate, intimating that no one else could do it, and then woke up the next day to discover how many votes he had just lost...

Eric21ND
03-30-2009, 11:38 PM
You must've missed the beeline he made to Washington to champion the bailouts. :rolleyes:

akihabro
03-31-2009, 01:52 AM
I was turned off from him before the election because he would pick what was popular with the public from one week and from one city to another. He is seriously confused.

kahless
03-31-2009, 11:47 AM
Someone should start a petition to have McCain thrown out of the Republican party. The only way the party has a future is if the people know that this lying sack of shit RINO is no longer a part of it.

Even if it is not possible to throw him out, the media exposure alone will reveal to the ignorant masses what he is all about. Thus hopefully make so he is not a factor in any future of the party.