PDA

View Full Version : Hannan: Ridding Dr. Paul of His Demons

bobbyw24
03-28-2009, 07:00 PM
http://www.nolanchart.com/article6216.html

Ridding Dr. Paul of His Demons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A lesson learned from an unlikely source. How Daniel Hannan's rant can help the cause for Ron Paul.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Mister MandM
(libertarian)
Friday, March 27, 2009
This has got to be the most frustrating time of Ron Paul's life! He is still out there swinging every day, even though his political life's work and respect for this country is constantly being trashed. He is barely tolerated by his peers, patronized by the media, demeaned by this Congress and snubbed philosophically by the Obama administration. All that he has ever talked about and all that he has tried to do is being totally rejected now by the powers that be. And this is nothing new as he has been ignored for the most part by every Administration and all the Congresses he has tried to persuade over the years.
I was watching him again yesterday, as I always try to do if I can, on cable debating one of his "big government is the answer" antagonists while being hacked by the moderating and mindless talking head running the show. You know the type with the hype we've seen before and know so well. It was hard to watch as I have so much respect for this man.

I also saw him in the morning during that pathetic "We want it all" hearing in Congress ask "Tiny Tim" Geithner a straight forward but philosophical question that was being ignored with the usual evasive spin he's quickly become embarrassingly noted for. To compound matters, Dr. Paul was abruptly cut-off in mid-sentence with blatant disrespect by that "seasoned by all men" Barney Frank. I don't know how he takes it! I do know that this is the way it is for him these days; and the way it has been for a long time.

But this time I noticed something different about him. A frustration on his face and an annoyance in his demeanor I had not seen before! Perhaps a frustration seasoned with all that the years of consistency and clarity of message; of his expressing a philosophy openly and honestly committed to; one that in his mind, best represents the true culture and sentiments of our founders, was being trashed as never before regardless of those efforts. This has got to be killing him inside.

Maybe he is just tired of dealing with the idiots that ignore him and his message and consistently show him no respect. Perhaps he is fed up! Could this possibly be a sign that he just might be ready to drop his gentle demeanor and get mad about this whole deal! I hope so and think it would be a good thing for our country if he did!

Fact is, there are a lot more people now that are aware of him and his message. There are many more out there that have a lot more respect for him and his philosophies. Within the context of this current episode of "change we can believe in" maybe we are finally starting to get it! That all we have seen and are now seeing from our leaders is only a more blatant and arrogant episode of politics as usual. I feel there is a deepening despair now among the citizens about that. A sentiment that we are all being led or better, driven down the wrong path again and at a never to be seen before, staggering rate of speed.

Maybe we are finally starting to notice that we've been on this trip before and we are tired of looking at the same old scenery. There are many of us that are realizing that for a long time now, Dr. Paul has been the most consistent and honest one of the bunch. That perhaps he does know how to solve the problems at hand and perhaps he does have answers that make sense. I do think that the citizens of this country are finally starting to get it!

I think that maybe much of the rest of the world is beginning to get it too! Ironically, we are getting support in different ways and from unlikely places. There is an Englishman getting a lot of attention now that in his own way is expressing precisely the same sentiments that Dr. Paul has been espousing on deft ears for years now! Perhaps this young British politician, Daniel Hannon's style and demeanor can serve Dr. Paul's quest well!

The clear direct, honest, impassioned and brazen manner in which Mr. Hannon had taken down the Prime Minister and criticized the EU Parliamentary establishment was a wonder to behold. This young man has overnight become an outspoken messenger against big government excess both here and in Europe. I believe the sentiment he expressed and the manner in which he displayed it could even have a resounding impact on free market democracy worldwide in these times.

I also believe that Daniel Hannan has certainly been impacted by Ron Paul's message and career. What Hannan expressed to the European Parliament and directly to Gordon Brown's face is precisely the truthful message that Ron Paul has spoken and written about, legislated and touted his whole career. A simple message of small government, fiscal responsibility and respect for the citizens.

My hope is that Dr. Paul will be impacted by the style and directness that this capable young man has passionately expressed. That he will, like Hannan has, go directly and by name to condemn the policies of those that have the power now. And those that are responsible for the direction our country is being steered and are stoking the engine of the train wreck that is about to happen.

He should take off the gloves and take a more stark route for his message and go directly after Obama, Geithner, Bernanke and all of the irresponsible members of the Congress. Call them out loudly by name, with verve to make sure that they know that they are his and our demons now. They are the ones that are compounding this problem and are driving the United States into something our founders could not recognize and would never have imagined. Much like the honorable Dr. Paul must feel now... the founders would surely be disgusted at what we have allowed ourselves and our government to become.

It's not ironic to me that this young Parliamentarian would appear on the screen at this time. For the time is right and he has had the foresight of observing and learning from many wise conservatives and libertarians before him like Dr. Paul. His message is clear and succinct and it has helped to remind us of who we are. Ron Paul's demons are the same ones that have been tormenting all of us in this country for decades. Maybe now we will start to realize it and take the action only we can do to save ourselves.

This is a revolution and Ron Paul has written the manifesto. These are not only our problems now, but the problems of the entire world. It is our time and there is a way and it has been in front of us all along! Let's encourage him and remind him that he is right and to go after those bastards the way they deserve. It is our turn and up to us to turn the tide; to change the path and rid ourselves and Ron Paul of these demons!

Michael Murphy, March 27, 2009

A. Havnes
03-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Nice. I, too, wonder how Dr. Paul puts up with those arrogant politicians!

raiha
03-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Nice article.

Zera
03-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Paul needs to get angry and take a stand. Perhaps he'll get a 1919 Calvin Coolidge style national attention.

dr. hfn
03-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Paul/Goldwater Jr. 2012!!!!!!!!!!!

satchelmcqueen
03-28-2009, 08:50 PM
i to have noticed in the last few weeks that paul has this fed up and pissed demeanor to him. when he was cut off by frank a week or so ago when he was questioning giethner, paul actually made a sarcastic remark to frank.

then he all but started leaving the set of an interview on cnn by pulling his ear piece and getting up before the cameras cut away and he looked very mad. the moderator in this interview sucked and the other guy kept interupting him and also got the last word without a paul rebuttal.

i think paul is either going to walk away or finally go morton downey jr. style on them all. i hope he lets them have it. you cant be to rude to all of these goons in washington. how ever if he does decide to hang it up, i couldnt be upset towards him. he deserves the rest of his days to himself if he chooses.

the op nailed it with this post. paul is different the last few weeks.

Epic
03-28-2009, 09:14 PM
i would pay anything to see ron paul start dropping some f-bombs

tremendoustie
03-28-2009, 11:22 PM
i to have noticed in the last few weeks that paul has this fed up and pissed demeanor to him. when he was cut off by frank a week or so ago when he was questioning giethner, paul actually made a sarcastic remark to frank.

then he all but started leaving the set of an interview on cnn by pulling his ear piece and getting up before the cameras cut away and he looked very mad. the moderator in this interview sucked and the other guy kept interupting him and also got the last word without a paul rebuttal.

i think paul is either going to walk away or finally go morton downey jr. style on them all. i hope he lets them have it. you cant be to rude to all of these goons in washington. how ever if he does decide to hang it up, i couldnt be upset towards him. he deserves the rest of his days to himself if he chooses.

the op nailed it with this post. paul is different the last few weeks.

I hope he gets pissed. No F bombs, but sam adams didn't exactly issue soft critiques of the british over high tea. These people are abusing their power and destroying our freedoms. Tyranny deserves a forceful response. I want to see paul pissed, and spitting flames, like he used to.