PDA

View Full Version : Mark Levin's book. (what a joke!)

max
03-28-2009, 12:53 PM
I gave in to the hype and bought Mark Levin's hyped #1 bestseller "Liberty and Tyranny."

He quotes the founders and rants against "statists"...but then endorses the Patriot Act, torture, Guantanamo, ...speaks well of neo-cons (whom he refers to as national defense conservatives), doesn't say a damn thing about our 1 trillion dollar a year overseas/military spending, and doesn't talk about the FED....

Military statism is OK...but welfare statism is not...

what a total jerk...Disugusting how Hannity and Limbaugh pimp his book...Ron paul's was so much better

MRoCkEd
03-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Can't believe you bought that piece of shit

Cowlesy
03-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Take it back, and get a refund.

talkingpointes
03-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Take it back, or use it for a fire emergency kit. One book of waterproof matches -- Check, One Mark Levins "Liberty And Tyranny" -- Check.

coyote_sprit
03-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Have a good old book burning party.

max
03-28-2009, 01:08 PM
i only bought it as a curiousity.....i really feel sorry for his hordes of well meaning drones who are gonna be left only half educated about economic liberty....and totally uneducated about civil liberty and militarism

talkingpointes
03-28-2009, 01:09 PM
I might know of a small stash of Kevin Trudeau cure books, that might need to be brought out of the book pool. Apparently in one of them it reads it is a cure for ending fraud on the late night infomercial circuit. Coincidence? I think not.

anaconda
03-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Wow. I've tried to listen to his show and I just can't. He is a shallow, petty, grumpy, whiny little man with absolutely no substantive content in his show. He berates callers for little or no reason and cannot control his stupid yelling. More importantly, I simply DO NOT understand why so many of these talk show hosts are so pro neocon/RNC. Here in the San Francisco Bay Area we've got Brian Sussman, David Gold, Barbara Simpson, and Daniel Lappin and they all do the same damn thing. They all believe we need to go fight the evil Islamic terrorists. I don't get it. Some caller asked him a couple of weeks ago why we weren't trying to change the Republican Party from the inside out and he said "Because it's been tried before and it didn't work."

specsaregood
03-28-2009, 01:35 PM
They all believe we need to go fight the evil Islamic terrorists. I don't get it.

There is a lot of hate and anger in the air; if they do not direct that hate elsewhere such as other countries or people of different religions, the populace might just turn on itself and/or its government.

unconsious767
03-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Write a scathing article !

sajorojas
03-28-2009, 02:10 PM
I wish I had enough money that I could just buy books from people I hate whenever I feel like it. But I work at a library so I get first dibs on any new books. I also make sure Ron Paul's book is always on display. The book is a year old and not new anymore so I wonder when my boss will call me on that.

Maverick
03-28-2009, 02:15 PM
I heard this Levin guy talking to Hannity on the radio the other day. I heard him use the term "statist" so that got my attention. I enjoyed most of his rant against statists, although eventually I came to realize that every time he used the word, it was always in reference to Obama, or Pelosi, or some other Dem, and never a Republican. So then I saw what a douchebag he was, because apparently, in his mind, the only statists are Dems, and Republicans are magically incapable of being statists or something.

Bern
03-28-2009, 02:23 PM
rip pages out of the book
take a dump
wipe ass with book pages
upload video to YouTube
???
profit

heavenlyboy34
03-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Wow. I've tried to listen to his show and I just can't. He is a shallow, petty, grumpy, whiny little man with absolutely no substantive content in his show. He berates callers for little or no reason and cannot control his stupid yelling. More importantly, I simply DO NOT understand why so many of these talk show hosts are so pro neocon/RNC. Here in the San Francisco Bay Area we've got Brian Sussman, David Gold, Barbara Simpson, and Daniel Lappin and they all do the same damn thing. They all believe we need to go fight the evil Islamic terrorists. I don't get it. Some caller asked him a couple of weeks ago why we weren't trying to change the Republican Party from the inside out and he said "Because it's been tried before and it didn't work."

It's called "staged opposition". They use it to control the sheeple. :eek::p:mad:

johnrocks
03-28-2009, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't flip a quarter at the guy at the bookstore for any of those neo/social cons work.

anaconda
03-28-2009, 02:45 PM
It's called "staged opposition". They use it to control the sheeple. :eek::p:mad:

Yes, but I find it difficult to believe that this charade is implemented at such a low level. Most of these people I mentioned are only local radio hosts. How would they get their talking points from so far up? It baffles me.

KCIndy
03-28-2009, 02:53 PM
I gave in to the hype and bought Mark Levin's hyped #1 bestseller "Liberty and Tyranny."

Hey, keep the book. Don't throw it away! It might come in handy.....

You never know when there might be a toilet paper shortage!! ;)

specsaregood
03-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Right a review of it and post it on amazon, then link to it here and let us decide whether to vote it up at amazon. It seems that all the top "helpful" reviews are all glowingly positive.

He Who Pawns
03-28-2009, 03:08 PM
"national defense conservatives"

Shouldn't they actually be called "national destruction conservatives," considering how they are bankrupting our country and simultaneously destroying the GOP?

talkingpointes
03-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Shouldn't they actually be called "national destruction conservatives," considering how they are bankrupting our country and simultaneously destroying the GOP?

Agreed!

Athan
03-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Hey, keep the book. Don't throw it away! It might come in handy.....

You never know when there might be a toilet paper shortage!! ;)

I'd still return it. Cash is going to be a good substitute for that anyway.

zara oly
03-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Right a review of it and post it on amazon, then link to it here and let us decide whether to vote it up at amazon. It seems that all the top "helpful" reviews are all glowingly positive.

It's a great idea to write a review of Levin's book. The name doesn't sound familiar, but it's Levin, so . . . there's a hundred Levins. Who can tell? That's the question, isn't it? Who do we know as the antithesis of our philosophy? Who out there parades as a "conservative (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Brooks_(journalist))," or, are Republicans in Name Only, RINO (http://www.usnews.com/blogs/john-farrell/2009/03/20/aig-tax-vote-exposes-hypocrisy-of-eric-cantor-and-the-house-republicans.html)s. In fact, I think it could be useful to discard the term conservative, and find a name to describe ourselves. One that is minted by us, and carries in its definition a strict set of political beliefs shared by Ron Paul. Certainly, that would be a grave undertaking to start labeling ourselves, but I think the word conservative has been bastardized, mutilated, and fornicated, quite possibly, with Satan. In fact, I spit on the word conservative, but I don't tell most Republicans that. Because, it's a radical idea! My point is, we should take it upon ourselves to define our movement. We do not want to be lumped in with a bunch of statists. (Damn you Levin!)

I heard this Levin guy talking to Hannity on the radio the other day. I heard him use the term "statist" so that got my attention. I enjoyed most of his rant against statists, although eventually I came to realize that every time he used the word, it was always in reference to Obama, or Pelosi, or some other Dem, and never a Republican. So then I saw what a douchebag he was, because apparently, in his mind, the only statists are Dems, and Republicans are magically incapable of being statists or something.

We need to do the staging. In every direction, the mass propaganda gets pushed down our throat. The hope is, though, that lovers of liberty will soon enter the national fray, and when that happens our tongues should be equipped with a self-coined term - not a word prone to distortion.
(http://www.artofeurope.com/shakespeare/sha9.htm)

Exactly. The Republican party should be a big tent, but we don't have to be conservatives.