PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul gave me a facepalm in person

Matt Collins
03-28-2009, 08:04 AM
Last night here in St Louis I told Ron I loved his appearance in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHB2I83_N_k) and HE GAVE ME A FACEPALM!!!! I told him if he had spoken like that at the debates he'd probably be President right now and he responded with something like "I don't know about that". He also said something I didn't catch but it was to the effect of he was embarrassed that he took place in that nonsense.;):):cool::p:D

Jeremy
03-28-2009, 08:06 AM
I think I'm facepalming right now

Joe3113
03-28-2009, 08:06 AM
He was a better orator back then.

A. Havnes
03-28-2009, 08:11 AM
I want a picture! How cool is that?

Matt Collins
03-28-2009, 08:13 AM
I want a picture! How cool is that?It was the cattle car in there. They didn't plan very well, too many people, not enough space, not enough time. They were trying to shuffle us through there as quickly as possible so I didn't have a chance to get a pic of it. But it was classic!

Carole
03-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Last night here in St Louis I told Ron I loved his appearance in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHB2I83_N_k) and HE GAVE ME A FACEPALM!!!! I told him if he had spoken like that at the debates he'd probably be President right now and he responded with something like "I don't know about that". He also said something I didn't catch but it was to the effect of he was embarrassed that he took place in that nonsense.;):):cool::p:D
I totally understand why Dr. Paul might feel embarassed by the Downey show appearance.

It was a bit undignified for a man who so compels respect. It was Downey circus television.

Matt Collins
03-28-2009, 09:23 AM
It was a bit undignified for a man who so compels respect. It was Downey circus television. I agree on both points but it was very entertaining. It was kind of like Cross-Fire on CNN back in the day. However I think that watching Ron get loud in the face of those who are big-government liberty abridging supporters was very refreshing to be honest. Being humble and soft-spoken most of the time is great and every once in a while it is important to let the fire in the belly out!

parke
03-28-2009, 09:42 AM
I agree on both points but it was very entertaining. It was kind of like Cross-Fire on CNN back in the day. However I think that watching Ron get loud in the face of those who are big-government liberty abridging supporters was very refreshing to be honest. Being humble and soft-spoken most of the time is great and every once in a while it is important to let the fire in the belly out!

Completely agree. He has explained a number of times about his approach.. not using names and not trying to become divisive. I understand the approach but I wish he would fire up from time to time.

Xenophage
03-28-2009, 12:41 PM
I think I'd be embarrassed too, even GOING on that program. He got pretty riled but frankly, I think people respond better to a calmly rational Dr. Paul than they do to an irate one.

sparebulb
03-28-2009, 01:28 PM
In our last election, an old friend of mine was running for state representative against a one-term incumbent female democrat. She is an avowed liberal in a conservative leaning rural Missouri district. My friend took a lot of money from pro-life groups and they ran their own anti-incumbent "negative" ads (which were completely accurate about the incumbent). The incumbent sensed that she was loosing so she completely changed all of her advertising to show how mean my friend was and more or less how wrong it is to hit a girl. It worked, she won. Our society is so adverse to disagreement that we will elect satan into office rather than expose ourselves to impolite and confrontational discussion. This is another reason why this nation is about to fail.

trey4sports
03-28-2009, 02:16 PM
In our last election, an old friend of mine was running for state representative against a one-term incumbent female democrat. She is an avowed liberal in a conservative leaning rural Missouri district. My friend took a lot of money from pro-life groups and they ran their own anti-incumbent "negative" ads (which were completely accurate about the incumbent). The incumbent sensed that she was loosing so she completely changed all of her advertising to show how mean my friend was and more or less how wrong it is to hit a girl. It worked, she won. Our society is so adverse to disagreement that we will elect satan into office rather than expose ourselves to impolite and confrontational discussion. This is another reason why this nation is about to fail.

what part of MO?