PDA

View Full Version : Judge Nap: "What the HELL kind of government is this?!!?"

Matt Collins
03-28-2009, 07:39 AM
Last night in St Louis Judge Napolitano spoke to a crowd of over a thousand individuals. He delivered the best line of the night when he was talking about the government ignoring the Constitution and blatantly violating our natual rights... he screamed this at the top of his lungs with a standing ovation quickly following...

"WHAT THE HELL KIND OF GOVERNMENT IS THIS ?!?!!"

Hopefully someone will YouTube it for all to see so that context is preserved. The feeling in the room was electric to say the least.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/MattandtheJudge-ee.jpg

Dorfsmith
03-28-2009, 07:42 AM
Excellent photo! :cool:

Cowlesy
03-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Judge Napolitano for President!

Auntie Republicrat
03-28-2009, 11:23 AM
:rolleyes:

...i believe this phony Republican cheerleader, Napolitano, was/is a bigmouthed supporter of stinking, phony, Willard Milton Romney for Trea$ury $ecretary..

...Get real, Napolitano cheerleaders!...Basically, there are two kinds of stinking 'conservative' media announcers: ...the ones who parrot, essentially, 'Republican/conservative good, Democrat/liberal bad' and the phonies like Napolitano who parrot, essentially, "Democrat/liberal bad, Republican/conservative not as bad"..

...They ALL suck like Hoover vacuum cleaners.. ;)

ClayTrainor
03-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Judge Napolitano for President!

+1776 :cool:

Cowlesy
03-28-2009, 11:29 AM

...i believe this phony Republican cheerleader, Napolitano, was/is a bigmouthed supporter of stinking, phony, Willard Milton Romney for Trea$ury $ecretary..

...Get real, Napolitano cheerleaders!...Basically, there are two kinds of stinking 'conservative' media announcers: ...the ones who parrot, essentially, 'Republican/conservative good, Democrat/liberal bad' and the phonies like Napolitano who parrot, essentially, "Democrat/liberal bad, Republican/conservative not as bad"..

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/attachments/month_0804/facepalm_UcFltydhYRi8.jpeg

RSLudlum
03-28-2009, 11:38 AM

LOL...I think Auntie forgot the </sarcasm> tag ;)

Mitt Romneys sideburns
03-28-2009, 12:08 PM

Um. . .

Judge Napolitano was a big Ron Paul supporter. There was speculation he would be the vice presidential running mate if Ron won the nomination.

Matt Collins
03-28-2009, 12:23 PM

...Get real, Napolitano cheerleaders!...

Have you read any of his books? Have you watched his new Internet show? Have you ever seen him speak in person? Have you ever watched any of his speeches on YouTube?

sajorojas
03-28-2009, 02:04 PM
How come every member who has joined the forums in March has annoyed me in some way?

Matt Collins
03-28-2009, 02:15 PM
How come every member who has joined the forums in March has annoyed me in some way?Perhaps it's a conspiracy? Perhaps its the attack of the trolls? Perhaps the Obamabots are here to undermine us? :confused:;):p

Cowlesy
03-28-2009, 02:34 PM
How come every member who has joined the forums in March has annoyed me in some way?

Best post I've read this week.

WillieKamm
03-28-2009, 02:41 PM
You think liberals enforce their own brand of orthodoxy, you should check out some of the posts at this site.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
03-28-2009, 05:19 PM
You think liberals enforce their own brand of orthodoxy, you should check out some of the posts at this site.

why are you even here? All you do is complain

Auntie Republicrat
03-29-2009, 06:58 AM
...Republicrat Napolitano cheerleaders, I am a long-time political talk-radio listener..I have listened to many hours of your loud, Republicrat stinker on a show called "Brian and the Judge"..

..His stinking Republicrat priorities sicken me:

..HOURS of cackling about "The Reverend Wright Episode"...BUT PRACTICALLY NOTHING ABOUT LONG-STANDING US INC. MURDER AND MAYHEM AROUND THE PLANET!..

...HOURS of cackling about 'The Blogo Impeachment'...PRACTICALLY NOTHING ABOUT THE LONG-STANDING FRAUDULENT NATURE OF MONEY ISSUANCE/CREATION!!..

...I could go on for a long time with similar examples about your apparently phony 'Libertarian' :rolleyes: hero, Napolitano..

..suffice it to say, I don't mind him calling himself a stinking 'conservative'...that's what he is...a stinking Republican/conservative cheerleader..("Democrat/liberal bad, Republican/conservative not as bad")

..I DO MIND WHEN HE SOILS THE TERM 'LIBERTARIAN' THOUGH!..

..Every libertarian I know is waaaaaaaaaay more thoughtful than this phony 'Libertarian,' Napolitano...with much more intelligent priorities..STOP EMBARRASSING YOURSELVES!! STOP CHEERLEADING FOR THESE REPUBLICRAT MEDIA PHONIES!!.. YUK!!

LibertyEagle
03-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Auntie,

If you're unable to curtail your incessant insulting of forum members, then you are invited to leave.

+ Insulting or personally attacking other users is not allowed by any member. There is very little tolerance for violations, particular for new members. Reason: Insults lead to relational which often result in disruption, which dilute the resources of members and the intent of the forum.

+ Any form of antagonizing other members is not allowed by non-established members.

+ If you are to be critical of another users ideas or message please do so in a respectful manner. It is possible to discuss your points as to why you feel the way you do, ideally you should include alternate suggestions or acknowledge you have none.

Source:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

Truth Warrior
03-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Last night in St Louis Judge Napolitano spoke to a crowd of over a thousand individuals. He delivered the best line of the night when he was talking about the government ignoring the Constitution and blatantly violating our natual rights... he screamed this at the top of his lungs with a standing ovation quickly following...

"WHAT THE HELL KIND OF GOVERNMENT IS THIS ?!?!!"

Hopefully someone will YouTube it for all to see so that context is preserved. The feeling in the room was electric to say the least.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/MattandtheJudge-ee.jpg

I'd have to say just about the standard boring usual kind of tyranny and Leviathan HELL, Andy. ;) :(

"What has always made the state a hell on earth has been precisely that man has tried to make it his heaven."

Auntie Republicrat
03-29-2009, 11:47 AM
LIBERTY EAGLE WRITES: "Any form of antagonizing other members is not allowed by non-established members."

...(apparently, some people--esp. the 'conservatives'/"conservative libertarians"--are more equal than others around here?!..)

..I hope it's not like a lot of 'conservative' forums around here..Decent folks know the type: Where the 'conservatives' duck honest debate...Then fink to the board nanny when exposed..

...ducking finks.. ;)

LibertyEagle
03-29-2009, 11:53 AM
LIBERTY EAGLE WRITES: "Any form of antagonizing other members is not allowed by non-established members."

...(apparently, some people--esp. the 'conservatives'/"conservative libertarians"--are more equal than others around here?!..)

..I hope it's not like a lot of 'conservative' forums around here..Decent folks know the type: Where the 'conservatives' duck honest debate...Then fink to the board nanny when exposed..

...ducking finks.. ;)

Ah, but for the most part, you don't debate. You insult. And that is the problem.

The One
03-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Anybody got some popcorn?

pcosmar
03-29-2009, 12:15 PM
LIBERTY EAGLE WRITES:

...ducking finks.. ;)

Finks, I like Finks.

http://www.bebops.net/rat%20fink/ratfink60.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w5/laurenandaustin_2007/rat.jpg?t=1238351927

http://www.edrothworld.com/home/images/ratfink.jpg

Danke
03-29-2009, 12:16 PM

No, sorry. Trying to cut down on carbs.

Auntie Republicrat
03-29-2009, 12:16 PM
LIBERTY EAGLE: "Ah, but for the most part, you don't debate. You insult. And that is the problem."

(...come on, LE!..admit it!..People insult 'Liberals'/'leftists'/Democrats here FREQUENTLY!!..And rightly so!!...But when similar insults/assertions/etc. are directed at "conservatives"/'Conservative Libertarians'/'rightists' there appears to be a lot of whining, threatening, etc..)

torchbearer
03-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Why am I getting Sally08 flashbacks?
Is it the scent of dementia in the air?

Truth Warrior
03-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Is it the sent of dementia in the air? Probably just swamp gas, depending on the wind direction. :D

pinkmandy
03-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Is it the sent of dementia in the air?

Oh, I remember that one! Wowsers.

Auntie, LE is saying that you are non-established. Iow, we don't know your intentions at this time so if you're going to criticize other members then do it diplomatically and back up what you say. Otherwise your actions look trollish and as you can imagine we've had our fair share of those. Hence the term 'non established'. Your intentions are still unknown at this time. No offense meant, we just don't know you well at this time.

Truth Warrior
03-29-2009, 12:40 PM
Oh, I remember that one! Wowsers.

Auntie, LE is saying that you are non-established. Iow, we don't know your intentions at this time so if you're going to criticize other members then do it diplomatically and back up what you say. Otherwise your actions look trollish and as you can imagine we've had our fair share of those. Hence the term 'non established'. Your intentions are still unknown at this time. No offense meant, we just don't know you well at this time.

Worth repeating: There are no trolls here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=184236)

raiha
03-29-2009, 12:42 PM
+
Any form of antagonizing other members is not allowed by non-established members.
Yaaay...I'm allowed to insult!!!

Auntie Republicrat...me? One of the things I've not forgiven Obama for is deserting Rev. Wright given the truth he spoke.
I do also think the last government was more overtly corrupt...i said 'overtly' and vicious than...well we'll see. Aint holding my breath.
Came in contact with the Judge when he was explaining with intelligence the Constitutional deviations of the LIncoln administration which led to the Civil War.

Cowlesy
03-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Is it the scent of dementia in the air?

Already checked on that, it's not her. Sally hasn't even returned to the board since the day she was banned.

Auntie Republicrat
03-29-2009, 12:55 PM
..Folks, I was merely challenging the assertion that 'The Judge' is some worthy 'libertarian'..

...I assert that anyone who spends most/all his time yacking about trivial issues such as "The Reverend Wright issue," "The Blogo Affair," etc. miserable crap galore warrants DISGUST..

...when truly important things, such as that articulated in the post below, ARE PRACTICALLY UNMENTIONED BY THE REPUBLICAN RADIO CHEERLEADER, NAPOLITANO: (granted, Napolitano may be 'better' than some/most Republicrats..But imo, he still sucks..AND I'D LOVE TO DEBATE THIS WITH YOU OR HIM..)

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0115-08.htm

America's Empire of Bases
by Chalmers Johnson

As distinct from other peoples, most Americans do not recognize -- or do not want to recognize -- that the United States dominates the world through its military power. Due to government secrecy, our citizens are often ignorant of the fact that our garrisons encircle the planet. This vast network of American bases on every continent except Antarctica actually constitutes a new form of empire -- an empire of bases with its own geography not likely to be taught in any high school geography class. Without grasping the dimensions of this globe-girdling Baseworld, one can't begin to understand the size and nature of our imperial aspirations or the degree to which a new kind of militarism is undermining our constitutional order.

Our military deploys well over half a million soldiers, spies, technicians, teachers, dependents, and civilian contractors in other nations. To dominate the oceans and seas of the world, we are creating some thirteen naval task forces built around aircraft carriers whose names sum up our martial heritage -- Kitty Hawk, Constellation, Enterprise, John F. Kennedy, Nimitz, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Carl Vinson, Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, John C. Stennis, Harry S. Truman, and Ronald Reagan. We operate numerous secret bases outside our territory to monitor what the people of the world, including our own citizens, are saying, faxing, or e-mailing to one another.

Our installations abroad bring profits to civilian industries, which design and manufacture weapons for the armed forces or, like the now well-publicized Kellogg, Brown & Root company, a subsidiary of the Halliburton Corporation of Houston, undertake contract services to build and maintain our far-flung outposts. One task of such contractors is to keep uniformed members of the imperium housed in comfortable quarters, well fed, amused, and supplied with enjoyable, affordable vacation facilities. Whole sectors of the American economy have come to rely on the military for sales. On the eve of our second war on Iraq, for example, while the Defense Department was ordering up an extra ration of cruise missiles and depleted-uranium armor-piercing tank shells, it also acquired 273,000 bottles of Native Tan sunblock, almost triple its 1999 order and undoubtedly a boon to the supplier, Control Supply Company of Tulsa, Oklahoma, and its subcontractor, Sun Fun Products of Daytona Beach, Florida.

At Least Seven Hundred Foreign Bases

It's not easy to assess the size or exact value of our empire of bases. Official records on these subjects are misleading, although instructive. According to the Defense Department's annual "Base Structure Report" for fiscal year 2003, which itemizes foreign and domestic U.S. military real estate, the Pentagon currently owns or rents 702 overseas bases in about 130 countries and HAS another 6,000 bases in the United States and its territories. Pentagon bureaucrats calculate that it would require at least $113.2 billion to replace just the foreign bases -- surely far too low a figure but still larger than the gross domestic product of most countries -- and an estimated $591,519.8 million to replace all of them. The military high command deploys to our overseas bases some 253,288 uniformed personnel, plus an equal number of dependents and Department of Defense civilian officials, and employs an additional 44,446 locally hired foreigners. The Pentagon claims that these bases contain 44,870 barracks, hangars, hospitals, and other buildings, which it owns, and that it leases 4,844 more.

These numbers, although staggeringly large, do not begin to cover all the actual bases we occupy globally. The 2003 Base Status Report fails to mention, for instance, any garrisons in Kosovo -- even though it is the site of the huge Camp Bondsteel, built in 1999 and maintained ever since by Kellogg, Brown & Root. The Report similarly omits bases in Afghanistan, Iraq, Israel, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Qatar, and Uzbekistan, although the U.S. military has established colossal base structures throughout the so-called arc of instability in the two-and-a-half years since 9/11.

For Okinawa, the southernmost island of Japan, which has been an American military colony for the past 58 years, the report deceptively lists only one Marine base, Camp Butler, when in fact Okinawa "hosts" ten Marine Corps bases, including Marine Corps Air Station Futenma occupying 1,186 acres in the center of that modest-sized island's second largest city. (Manhattan's Central Park, by contrast, is only 843 acres.) The Pentagon similarly fails to note all of the $5-billion-worth of military and espionage installations in Britain, which have long been conveniently disguised as Royal Air Force bases. If there were an honest count, the actual size of our military empire would probably top 1,000 different bases in other people's countries, but no one -- possibly not even the Pentagon -- knows the exact number for sure, although it has been distinctly on the rise in recent years.

For their occupants, these are not unpleasant places to live and work. Military service today, which is voluntary, bears almost no relation to the duties of a soldier during World War II or the Korean or Vietnamese wars. Most chores like laundry, KP ("kitchen police"), mail call, and cleaning latrines have been subcontracted to private military companies like Kellogg, Brown & Root, DynCorp, and the Vinnell Corporation. Fully one-third of the funds recently appropriated for the war in Iraq (about $30 billion), for instance, are going into private American hands for exactly such services. Where possible everything is done to make daily existence seem like a Hollywood version of life at home. According to the Washington Post, in Fallujah, just west of Baghdad, waiters in white shirts, black pants, and black bow ties serve dinner to the officers of the 82nd Airborne Division in their heavily guarded compound, and the first Burger King has already gone up inside the enormous military base we've established at Baghdad International Airport.

Some of these bases are so gigantic they require as many as nine internal bus routes for soldiers and civilian contractors to get around inside the earthen berms and concertina wire. That's the case at Camp Anaconda, headquarters of the 3rd Brigade, 4th Infantry Division, whose job is to police some 1,500 square miles of Iraq north of Baghdad, from Samarra to Taji. Anaconda occupies 25 square kilometers and will ultimately house as many as 20,000 troops. Despite extensive security precautions, the base has frequently come under mortar attack, notably on the Fourth of July, 2003, just as Arnold Schwarzenegger was chatting up our wounded at the local field hospital.

The military prefers bases that resemble small fundamentalist towns in the Bible Belt rather than the big population centers of the United States. For example, even though more than 100,000 women live on our overseas bases -- including women in the services, spouses, and relatives of military personnel -- obtaining an abortion at a local military hospital is prohibited. Since there are some 14,000 sexual assaults or attempted sexual assaults each year in the military, women who become pregnant overseas and want an abortion have no choice but to try the local economy, which cannot be either easy or pleasant in Baghdad or other parts of our empire these days.

Our armed missionaries live in a closed-off, self-contained world serviced by its own airline -- the Air Mobility Command, with its fleet of long-range C-17 Globemasters, C-5 Galaxies, C-141 Starlifters, KC-135 Stratotankers, KC-10 Extenders, and C-9 Nightingales that link our far-flung outposts from Greenland to Australia. For generals and admirals, the military provides seventy-one Learjets, thirteen Gulfstream IIIs, and seventeen Cessna Citation luxury jets to fly them to such spots as the armed forces' ski and vacation center at Garmisch in the Bavarian Alps or to any of the 234 military golf courses the Pentagon operates worldwide. Defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld flies around in his own personal Boeing 757, called a C-32A in the Air Force.

Our "Footprint" on the World

Of all the insensitive, if graphic, metaphors we've allowed into our vocabulary, none quite equals "footprint" to describe the military impact of our empire. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Richard Myers and senior members of the Senate's Military Construction Subcommittee such as Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) are apparently incapable of completing a sentence without using it. Establishing a more impressive footprint has now become part of the new justification for a major enlargement of our empire -- and an announced repositioning of our bases and forces abroad -- in the wake of our conquest of Iraq. The man in charge of this project is Andy Hoehn, deputy assistant secretary of defense for strategy. He and his colleagues are supposed to draw up plans to implement President Bush's preventive war strategy against "rogue states," "bad guys," and "evil-doers." They have identified something they call the "arc of instability," which is said to run from the Andean region of South America (read: Colombia) through North Africa and then sweeps across the Middle East to the Philippines and Indonesia. This is, of course, more or less identical with what used to be called the Third World -- and perhaps no less crucially it covers the world's key oil reserves. Hoehn contends, "When you overlay our footprint onto that, we don't look particularly well-positioned to deal with the problems we're now going to confront..."

sarahgop
03-29-2009, 12:59 PM
i like the judge though i dont put trust in any politician

Truth Warrior
03-29-2009, 01:09 PM
..Folks, I was merely challenging the assertion that 'The Judge' is some worthy 'libertarian'..

...I assert that anyone who spends most/all his time yacking about trivial issues such as "The Reverend Wright issue," "The Blogo Affair," etc. miserable crap galore warrants DISGUST..

...when truly important things, such as that articulated in the post below, ARE PRACTICALLY UNMENTIONED BY THE REPUBLICAN RADIO CHEERLEADER, NAPOLITANO: (granted, Napolitano may be 'better' than some/most Republicrats..But imo, he still sucks..AND I'D LOVE TO DEBATE THIS WITH YOU OR HIM..)

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0115-08.htm

America's Empire of Bases
by Chalmers Johnson

As distinct from other peoples, most Americans do not recognize -- or do not want to recognize -- that the United States dominates the world through its military power. Due to government secrecy, our citizens are often ignorant of the fact that our garrisons encircle the planet. This vast network of American bases on every continent except Antarctica actually constitutes a new form of empire -- an empire of bases with its own geography not likely to be taught in any high school geography class. Without grasping the dimensions of this globe-girdling Baseworld, one can't begin to understand the size and nature of our imperial aspirations or the degree to which a new kind of militarism is undermining our constitutional order.

Our military deploys well over half a million soldiers, spies, technicians, teachers, dependents, and civilian contractors in other nations. To dominate the oceans and seas of the world, we are creating some thirteen naval task forces built around aircraft carriers whose names sum up our martial heritage -- Kitty Hawk, Constellation, Enterprise, John F. Kennedy, Nimitz, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Carl Vinson, Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, John C. Stennis, Harry S. Truman, and Ronald Reagan. We operate numerous secret bases outside our territory to monitor what the people of the world, including our own citizens, are saying, faxing, or e-mailing to one another.

Our installations abroad bring profits to civilian industries, which design and manufacture weapons for the armed forces or, like the now well-publicized Kellogg, Brown & Root company, a subsidiary of the Halliburton Corporation of Houston, undertake contract services to build and maintain our far-flung outposts. One task of such contractors is to keep uniformed members of the imperium housed in comfortable quarters, well fed, amused, and supplied with enjoyable, affordable vacation facilities. Whole sectors of the American economy have come to rely on the military for sales. On the eve of our second war on Iraq, for example, while the Defense Department was ordering up an extra ration of cruise missiles and depleted-uranium armor-piercing tank shells, it also acquired 273,000 bottles of Native Tan sunblock, almost triple its 1999 order and undoubtedly a boon to the supplier, Control Supply Company of Tulsa, Oklahoma, and its subcontractor, Sun Fun Products of Daytona Beach, Florida.

At Least Seven Hundred Foreign Bases

It's not easy to assess the size or exact value of our empire of bases. Official records on these subjects are misleading, although instructive. According to the Defense Department's annual "Base Structure Report" for fiscal year 2003, which itemizes foreign and domestic U.S. military real estate, the Pentagon currently owns or rents 702 overseas bases in about 130 countries and HAS another 6,000 bases in the United States and its territories. Pentagon bureaucrats calculate that it would require at least $113.2 billion to replace just the foreign bases -- surely far too low a figure but still larger than the gross domestic product of most countries -- and an estimated $591,519.8 million to replace all of them. The military high command deploys to our overseas bases some 253,288 uniformed personnel, plus an equal number of dependents and Department of Defense civilian officials, and employs an additional 44,446 locally hired foreigners. The Pentagon claims that these bases contain 44,870 barracks, hangars, hospitals, and other buildings, which it owns, and that it leases 4,844 more.

These numbers, although staggeringly large, do not begin to cover all the actual bases we occupy globally. The 2003 Base Status Report fails to mention, for instance, any garrisons in Kosovo -- even though it is the site of the huge Camp Bondsteel, built in 1999 and maintained ever since by Kellogg, Brown & Root. The Report similarly omits bases in Afghanistan, Iraq, Israel, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Qatar, and Uzbekistan, although the U.S. military has established colossal base structures throughout the so-called arc of instability in the two-and-a-half years since 9/11.

For Okinawa, the southernmost island of Japan, which has been an American military colony for the past 58 years, the report deceptively lists only one Marine base, Camp Butler, when in fact Okinawa "hosts" ten Marine Corps bases, including Marine Corps Air Station Futenma occupying 1,186 acres in the center of that modest-sized island's second largest city. (Manhattan's Central Park, by contrast, is only 843 acres.) The Pentagon similarly fails to note all of the $5-billion-worth of military and espionage installations in Britain, which have long been conveniently disguised as Royal Air Force bases. If there were an honest count, the actual size of our military empire would probably top 1,000 different bases in other people's countries, but no one -- possibly not even the Pentagon -- knows the exact number for sure, although it has been distinctly on the rise in recent years.

For their occupants, these are not unpleasant places to live and work. Military service today, which is voluntary, bears almost no relation to the duties of a soldier during World War II or the Korean or Vietnamese wars. Most chores like laundry, KP ("kitchen police"), mail call, and cleaning latrines have been subcontracted to private military companies like Kellogg, Brown & Root, DynCorp, and the Vinnell Corporation. Fully one-third of the funds recently appropriated for the war in Iraq (about $30 billion), for instance, are going into private American hands for exactly such services. Where possible everything is done to make daily existence seem like a Hollywood version of life at home. According to the Washington Post, in Fallujah, just west of Baghdad, waiters in white shirts, black pants, and black bow ties serve dinner to the officers of the 82nd Airborne Division in their heavily guarded compound, and the first Burger King has already gone up inside the enormous military base we've established at Baghdad International Airport.

Some of these bases are so gigantic they require as many as nine internal bus routes for soldiers and civilian contractors to get around inside the earthen berms and concertina wire. That's the case at Camp Anaconda, headquarters of the 3rd Brigade, 4th Infantry Division, whose job is to police some 1,500 square miles of Iraq north of Baghdad, from Samarra to Taji. Anaconda occupies 25 square kilometers and will ultimately house as many as 20,000 troops. Despite extensive security precautions, the base has frequently come under mortar attack, notably on the Fourth of July, 2003, just as Arnold Schwarzenegger was chatting up our wounded at the local field hospital.

The military prefers bases that resemble small fundamentalist towns in the Bible Belt rather than the big population centers of the United States. For example, even though more than 100,000 women live on our overseas bases -- including women in the services, spouses, and relatives of military personnel -- obtaining an abortion at a local military hospital is prohibited. Since there are some 14,000 sexual assaults or attempted sexual assaults each year in the military, women who become pregnant overseas and want an abortion have no choice but to try the local economy, which cannot be either easy or pleasant in Baghdad or other parts of our empire these days.

Our armed missionaries live in a closed-off, self-contained world serviced by its own airline -- the Air Mobility Command, with its fleet of long-range C-17 Globemasters, C-5 Galaxies, C-141 Starlifters, KC-135 Stratotankers, KC-10 Extenders, and C-9 Nightingales that link our far-flung outposts from Greenland to Australia. For generals and admirals, the military provides seventy-one Learjets, thirteen Gulfstream IIIs, and seventeen Cessna Citation luxury jets to fly them to such spots as the armed forces' ski and vacation center at Garmisch in the Bavarian Alps or to any of the 234 military golf courses the Pentagon operates worldwide. Defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld flies around in his own personal Boeing 757, called a C-32A in the Air Force.

Our "Footprint" on the World

Of all the insensitive, if graphic, metaphors we've allowed into our vocabulary, none quite equals "footprint" to describe the military impact of our empire. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Richard Myers and senior members of the Senate's Military Construction Subcommittee such as Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) are apparently incapable of completing a sentence without using it. Establishing a more impressive footprint has now become part of the new justification for a major enlargement of our empire -- and an announced repositioning of our bases and forces abroad -- in the wake of our conquest of Iraq. The man in charge of this project is Andy Hoehn, deputy assistant secretary of defense for strategy. He and his colleagues are supposed to draw up plans to implement President Bush's preventive war strategy against "rogue states," "bad guys," and "evil-doers." They have identified something they call the "arc of instability," which is said to run from the Andean region of South America (read: Colombia) through North Africa and then sweeps across the Middle East to the Philippines and Indonesia. This is, of course, more or less identical with what used to be called the Third World -- and perhaps no less crucially it covers the world's key oil reserves. Hoehn contends, "When you overlay our footprint onto that, we don't look particularly well-positioned to deal with the problems we're now going to confront..." I'd suggest that you cut Andy some slack. He's ON the MSM after all. It's just about impossible to "dumb it down" TOO much.<IMHO> :(

Auntie Republicrat
03-29-2009, 01:17 PM
TW WRITES: I'd suggest that you cut Andy some slack.

...(isn't cutting these phony, teevee Republicrats 'some slack' a HUGE part of 'the problem?!?') :confused:

torchbearer
03-29-2009, 01:19 PM
This could get interesting.

Truth Warrior
03-29-2009, 01:20 PM
TW WRITES: I'd suggest that you cut Andy some slack.

...(isn't cutting these phony, teevee Republicrats 'some slack' a HUGE part of 'the problem?!?') :confused:

Perhaps for some. ;) BTW, you can save yourself some key strokes by using the "Quote" button ( lower right hand corner-ish ). ;)

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig6/napolitano1.html (http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig6/napolitano1.html)

Young Paleocon
03-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Andy is our ally, he was a Fox News employee and openly endorsed RP in the presidential race, he spoke at one Austrian Scholars Conference I believe, unless he's leading his whole life as a clandestine lie, I'm pretty sure he's a libertarian.

Truth Warrior
03-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Andy is our ally, he was a Fox News employee and openly endorsed RP in the presidential race, he spoke at one Austrian Scholars Conference I believe, unless he's leading his whole life as a clandestine lie, I'm pretty sure he's a libertarian. Make that "Libertarian" as in LP ( anarcho-GOP :D ), and I just may believe it. ;) :)

sajorojas
03-29-2009, 07:46 PM

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2008/10/michael%20jackson%20gif.gif

The One
03-29-2009, 08:36 PM

I wish I knew how to post pics and video like this.:(

Matt Collins
03-29-2009, 08:44 PM
i like the judge though i dont put trust in any politicianThe Judge isn't a politician... And for that matter neither is Ron ;)

V4Vendetta
03-30-2009, 01:25 AM

I wish I knew how Michael Jackson went from Black to white?
He's the first Black Person I've seen do that.

Auntie Republicrat
03-30-2009, 05:26 AM

...I recently heard the Republican radio cheerleader, Napolitano, LIKE THE REST OF THE MEDIA REPUBLICRATS, REPEATEDLY yacking about 'the bonuse$ paid to bank execs."...(bonuses which were measured in the relatively "mere" million$..)

...BUT NOT A WORD FROM NAPOLITANO ABOUT THE BILLION$ AND BILLION$ WITH WHICH, APPARENTLY, SOME SECRET SQUIRREL FOREIGN BANKSTERS ARE LINING THEIR POCKET$!!..

...Recently I've heard the Republicrat radio cheerleader, Napolitano, hand-wringing about 'drug violence' in Mexico..

BUT NOT A WORD ABOUT THE MISERABLE, STOOOOOOOOOOOPID, UNCONSTITUTIONAL FEDERAL DRUG INVOLVEMENT MANY/MOST OF NAPOLITANO'S FAVORITE CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN POLITICIANS SUPPORT!!

..I could go on and on..

...Yes, he does hold the 'liberal' Democreeps feet to the fire frequently..BUT HE LETS THE STINKING CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICREEPS SKATE..frequently..

..yes, infrequently he mentions Ron Paul favorably..(more now that the stinking Republicrat election is over)..

..but when 99% of his show is stinking Republicrat fluff, mostly taking pot shots at the 'liberal' Republicrats..Well, I'd say, on balance, his 'support' of Ron Paul turns people off to RP..

..as to him being some 'libertarian'...YUK!!!..he's a 'libertarian' like stinking Ronald Reagan, Newt Gingrich, Sarah Palin, etcetercrats galore, are 'libertarian'.. :rolleyes:

Truth Warrior
03-30-2009, 05:33 AM
The Difference between Democrats and Republicans
http://differencebetweendemocratsandrepublicans.com/ (http://differencebetweendemocratsandrepublicans.com/)

Mitt Romneys sideburns
03-30-2009, 07:36 AM

...I recently heard the Republican radio cheerleader, Napolitano, LIKE THE REST OF THE MEDIA REPUBLICRATS, REPEATEDLY yacking about 'the bonuse$ paid to bank execs."...(bonuses which were measured in the relatively "mere" million$..)

...BUT NOT A WORD FROM NAPOLITANO ABOUT THE BILLION$ AND BILLION$ WITH WHICH, APPARENTLY, SOME SECRET SQUIRREL FOREIGN BANKSTERS ARE LINING THEIR POCKET$!!..

...Recently I've heard the Republicrat radio cheerleader, Napolitano, hand-wringing about 'drug violence' in Mexico..

BUT NOT A WORD ABOUT THE MISERABLE, STOOOOOOOOOOOPID, UNCONSTITUTIONAL FEDERAL DRUG INVOLVEMENT MANY/MOST OF NAPOLITANO'S FAVORITE CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN POLITICIANS SUPPORT!!

..I could go on and on..

...Yes, he does hold the 'liberal' Democreeps feet to the fire frequently..BUT HE LETS THE STINKING CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICREEPS SKATE..frequently..

..yes, infrequently he mentions Ron Paul favorably..(more now that the stinking Republicrat election is over)..

..but when 99% of his show is stinking Republicrat fluff, mostly taking pot shots at the 'liberal' Republicrats..Well, I'd say, on balance, his 'support' of Ron Paul turns people off to RP..

..as to him being some 'libertarian'...YUK!!!..he's a 'libertarian' like stinking Ronald Reagan, Newt Gingrich, Sarah Palin, etcetercrats galore, are 'libertarian'.. :rolleyes:

seriously guys. . . you honestly think someone is really posting like this? Why is this troll still here?

Truth Warrior
03-30-2009, 07:44 AM
seriously guys. . . you honestly think someone is really posting like this? Why is this troll still here?

Worth repeating: There are no trolls here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=184236)

LibertyEagle
03-30-2009, 07:56 AM
I wish I knew how Michael Jackson went from Black to white?
He's the first Black Person I've seen do that.

It's some kind of disease where they lose skin pigment. No kidding.

Truth Warrior
03-30-2009, 07:58 AM
Cloroxiosis? :D Do any of his siblings have it too? :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
03-30-2009, 09:12 AM
I just noticed looking at the photo of the Judge and I the awesome red, white, and blue theme.

Truth Warrior
03-30-2009, 09:15 AM
I just noticed looking at the photo of the Judge and I the awesome red, white, and blue theme. You don't appear to be too thrilled in that one, Matt.<IMHO> ;) "Sober as a judge" :D

LibertyEagle
03-30-2009, 09:18 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitiligo

Matt Collins
03-30-2009, 09:28 AM
You don't appear to be too thrilled in that one, Matt.No I was estatic. But when I smile all the way it makes my face look fatter than it is so I try not to do that in photos. Also I was a bit annoyed that we were being run through there like a cattle call because there was not enough time nor space for the event.

Truth Warrior
03-30-2009, 10:02 AM
No I was estatic. But when I smile all the way it makes my face look fatter than it is so I try not to do that in photos. Also I was a bit annoyed that we were being run through there like a cattle call because there was not enough time nor space for the event. "Bit annoyed" comes through. ;) :)

Matt Collins
03-30-2009, 10:44 AM
"Bit annoyed" comes through. ;) :)Well for those of us who had been standing in line for almost an hour and then to be told by someone "choose only 1 author (Ron, the Judge, or Tom) and get only 1 thing signed because we're out of time" kind of rubbed me a bit wrong:mad:

Truth Warrior
03-30-2009, 10:48 AM
Well for those of us who had been standing in line for almost an hour and then to be told by someone "choose only 1 author (Ron, the Judge, or Tom) and get only 1 thing signed because we're out of time" kind of rubbed me a bit wrong:mad: So many shepherds, so little time. ;) :( Andy is very photogenic. ( In a Mafia Don sort of way. )

Happy GOP!

:D

Matt Collins
03-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Andy is very photogenic. ( In a Mafia Don sort of way. ):DIt's the pin-striped suit ;)

Truth Warrior
03-30-2009, 11:54 AM
It's the pin-striped suit ;)

You're GOP, all right. Ya left out and missed some stuff. :rolleyes:

So many shepherds, so little time. ;) :( Andy is very photogenic. ( In a Mafia Don sort of way. )

Happy GOP!

:D