PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut School Bans All Physical Contact

Knightskye
03-28-2009, 03:22 AM
http://wcbstv.com/local/school.bans.hugs.2.969949.html

Principal Catherine Williams sent out a letter earlier in the week telling parents recent behavior has seriously impacted the safety and learning at the school.

"Observed behaviors of concern recently exhibited include kicking others in the groin area, grabbing and touching of others in personal areas, hugging and horseplay. Physical contact is prohibited to keep all students safe in the learning environment," Williams wrote.

High-fives are so detrimental to the learning process!

[via Drudge (http://www.drudgereport.com/)]

idiom
03-28-2009, 03:36 AM
That won't create a generation of Neurotics.

Knightskye
03-28-2009, 03:47 AM
That won't create a generation of Neurotics.

Or a nation of fist-bumpers, like Howie Mandel.

How that leaves your hand any cleaner than a handshake, I'll never know.

JosephTheLibertarian
03-28-2009, 03:58 AM
http://wcbstv.com/local/school.bans.hugs.2.969949.html

High-fives are so detrimental to the learning process!

[via Drudge (http://www.drudgereport.com/)]

That's what happens when you give any issue to a government. It becomes political. Should we teach evolution? Should be allow prayer? Should we sing the national anthem? That's a big reason why I oppose public education. It's not all so 'innocent', however, how about the people writing the history books that students in public schools across the country are required to study? They wield enormous, and unjust, power. There is so much opportunity for propaganda, why suspect that there is none, that no author of school books has any political agenda? Oh, I think they do!

Knightskye
03-28-2009, 04:50 AM
That's what happens when you give any issue to a government. It becomes political. Should we teach evolution? Should be allow prayer? Should we sing the national anthem? That's a big reason why I oppose public education. It's not all so 'innocent', however, how about the people writing the history books that students in public schools across the country are required to study? They wield enormous, and unjust, power. There is so much opportunity for propaganda, why suspect that there is none, that no author of school books has any political agenda? Oh, I think they do!

Exactly.

By the way, welcome back. :)

Kludge
03-28-2009, 05:15 AM
Seriously, though -- kids these days are doing some weird shit with each others testicles.

Knightskye
03-28-2009, 05:43 AM
Seriously, though -- kids these days are doing some weird shit with each others testicles.

Right... :rolleyes:

kathy88
03-28-2009, 07:14 AM

he's right my son is conistently driven into lockers, kicked in the groin by girls, etc... not to mention that think kludge is probably referring to about throwing things at each others.... ummm... nads......I'm looking into home schooling right now...

MRoCkEd
03-28-2009, 07:17 AM
Agreed. I 100% support the abolition of public schools.

Jeremy
03-28-2009, 07:23 AM
I remember in middle school (freshman in college now... and in CT) kids would hit each other in the groin a lot. Like a really fast tap to the groin... wtf...

Out of no where.

In high school there was this fat kid who tried to bite people's shoulders off. He once left gum on someone's shoulder. He tried to bite me from the back. He made loud growling noises as he did it.

Just some examples. :p

phill4paul
03-28-2009, 07:32 AM

Kids were calling it the "Sack-Tap" on the news the other night.

Kludge
03-28-2009, 07:34 AM
he's right my son is conistently driven into lockers, kicked in the groin by girls, etc... not to mention that think kludge is probably referring to about throwing things at each others.... ummm... nads......I'm looking into home schooling right now...

I remember in middle school (freshman in college now... and in CT) kids would hit each other in the groin a lot. Like a really fast tap to the groin... wtf...

Out of no where.

In high school there was this fat kid who tried to bite people's shoulders off. He once left gum on someone's shoulder. He tried to bite me from the back. He made loud growling noises as he did it.

Just some examples. :p

These.

More examples...

There is a concerning game going on at our local middle school (apparently where SC went, too...) where kids go up and "sack tap" each other as hard as they can. They all say they hate it -- but do it anyway.

Then you have "Dodge-Your-Nuts"... Dodgeball, but everyone aims for the groin (sometimes also used with smallish hard rubber balls).

MRoCkEd
03-28-2009, 07:43 AM
Do they clap before tapping your nutsack? They did where I went.

Jeremy
03-28-2009, 07:56 AM
Do they clap before tapping your nutsack? They did where I went.

Oh yah... maybe in the earlier stages of the fad. But I think after that it took too much time so they would come out of no where.

powerofreason
03-28-2009, 08:19 AM
Ahh the good old days of middle school. I remember there was a fight club at my school and kids would bet on the winners. The fights would go down in the bathrooms but one time a kid smashed his head into a mirror and they cracked down on it. There were some great food fights too. How come this stuff can't happen in HS? Although when fights do happen in HS they tend to be epic so that makes up for the lack of violence partially.

zach
03-28-2009, 08:30 AM
If they ban it, then it'll get worse.
We weren't even allowed to wear hats, ffs.

Then they tried to play nice when people did, and eventually had to call schoolwide assemblies to discuss the dangers of advertising Budlight on the hat.

Knightskye
03-30-2009, 02:35 PM

I don't think that's very common. :)

He Who Pawns
03-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Today, the Taliban called the principle of the school to express their approval for this measure.

SLSteven
03-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Another reason to move to New Hampshire...

brandon
03-30-2009, 06:41 PM
A boy will only ever grow up to be a strong man if he goes through the process of having his balls ritualistically tapped, smacked, punched, and kicked by his peers.

(serious)

Knightskye
04-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Today, the Taliban called the principle of the school to express their approval for this measure.

"principal", and I'd say the Afghan/Pakistani government.

Otherwise, that was funny. :)

hotbrownsauce
04-01-2009, 11:29 PM
I am sorry Junior but playing Tag at school is illegal now.