PDA

View Full Version : Obama Signs Executive Order Authorizing A Civilian Military

Rael
03-27-2009, 09:24 PM
This might have been posted already. Either way, here it is.

Just 3 days after being sworn in, Barack Obama signed DOD Directive 1404.10, which establishes a "Civilian Expeditionary Workforce".

This enables the military to recruit civilians to act as members of the military (this way, the Obamabots can be recruited to be used militarily against the rest of us.)

Excerpt: These employees shall be collectively known as the DoD Civilian Expeditionary Workforce. Members of the DoD
Civilian Expeditionary Workforce shall be organized, trained, cleared, equipped, and ready to
deploy in support of combat operations by the military; contingencies; emergency operations;
humanitarian missions; disaster relief; restoration of order; drug interdiction; and stability
operations of the Department of Defense in accordance with DoDD 3000.05 (Reference (b)).

(2) DoD civilian employees in E-E or NCE positions may be directed to accept
deployment requirements of the position. However, whenever possible, the DoD Civilian
Expeditionary Workforce will be asked to serve expeditionary requirements voluntarily.
Management retains the authority to direct and assign civilian employees, either voluntarily,
involuntarily, or on an unexpected basis to accomplish the DoD mission

This can be verified at the Department of Defense website at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140410p.pdf

silverhawks
03-27-2009, 10:02 PM
http://dodvclips.mil/?fr_story=FRdamp308467&rf=sitemap

I particularly note "restoration of order".

At first glance, this looks like it allows the DoD to conscript civilians for offshore work - i.e. shipping even the DoD office temps out to the sandbox. Expeditionary typically implies rapid deployment outside the country. Expeditionary units are typically mean to go into an area on short notice and operate relatively independently for a considerable period of time (weeks).

I have a question though...does this entail the civilians swearing an oath of service?

And I'm guessing that these civilians would be subject to UCMJ?

And looking at this, it looks as if they get paid overtime and danger pay! (http://www.cpms.osd.mil/expeditionary/benefits.asp) Bet you the regular troops out there will love that. All sinister suspicion aside, this is taking away jobs that would normally be done by regular Army, and paying a civilian worker a lot more for it.

However, I'd be interested in clarification on this wording:

Global War on Terror (GWOT). The type of operational activity that the President or the
Secretary of Defense approve to prevent or respond to life-threatening acts that are a violation of
the criminal laws of the United States or of any State and appear to be intended to intimidate or
coerce a civilian population; to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion;
or to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping.

Now THAT part concerns me.