PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Doyle interviewing Bob Basso "Thomas Paine" now

Carole
03-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Jerry Doyle interviewing Bob Basso "Thomas Paine" now on talk radio (Fox)

Mr Basso says he being inundated with calls and emails. He is saying he cannot answer them, but that IF the invitation to DC is real, not to be concerned.

He is waiting to see if it is real or an internet or other type of insincere joke. (That is my word, not his.)

He is assuring that if he is being invited to the White House, he will not go on bended knee. He says he respects the Presidency and will not be rude or in any way insulting to the President.

Mr. Basso says he is not a political person, that he loves America and loves liberty. He simply became upset with Congress which is not listening to the people and is poo-pooing (my word) the letters from constituents and sending back nice bios of themselves, etc.

He says that a visit to the White House by him would be a small thing; that the big thing is we are losing America and our founding principles.

He is afraid there will be blood in the streets and wants Middle Class Americans to get up off their recliners and put down their frappucinos and have a two million person march on Washington. He wants us to release our pent up energiy with this march which stage has been set by the tea parties across America, so that there may not be violence. He is for the principles, not for either party, which made our country great and that we are now close to losing. He thinks it may be our last chance.

He says we NEED this big event in DC to capture the attention of our Congress. We need the media spotlight. He says that talk radio and the internet are where it is at today.

Mr. Basso has been a life long fan of Thomas Paine and seven months ago he became disgusted with what is happening in our government and our country and got out his Thomas Paine outfit and tried to approach the issues as Paine would have. (apparently he is a well-known acto in Hawaii).

He also said that if there is anything to the invitation and he goes to DC, he will let Jerry Doyle and his listeners know right away of any news afterwards.

He mentioned that he has received many emails from our troops ( in certain places around the world-these folks are not allowed to be political as we know), so you can figure out what they are saying. Our troops are fighting for the principles that made our country great, not for a political party.

In any case, time ran out in the interview and I hope I have captured the gist of it for you.

It sounds like the most important challenge of our lives everyone, to get behind a two million march on DC.

For those who are not familiar with him, Jerry Doyle is a conservative (real) who is on every night and puts Limbaugh to shame. He is NOT a neocon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I do not know this site yet, but my niece sent this to me suggesting that we go.

The Patriotic Resistance

Restore Our Constitution March & Lobby Day DC 2009

Organizing and planning for the preservation of the Constitution, the rights of the people March on DC 2009
http://www.resistnet.com/group/wethe...chonwashington

And this thread:
Proposal for an international liberty caucus
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=185948

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-27-2009, 09:21 PM
He may not be a neocon but it does disturb me that he called for universal service. He had me up to that point. I support his call for a march on Washington and I will take part but man I wish someone would tell him that calling for universal service is NOT in line with the wishes of our founding fathers.

Epic
03-27-2009, 09:36 PM
universal service and protectionism (tariffs, etc.) bother me in his message. Also, the rhetoric on immigrants is a bit much - if I were living in mexico I'd probably want to come here. He should talk about changing welfare laws which is why its a problem that they come here - it's a drain on resources.

if he didn't talk about those things, i could really get on board.

Carole
03-27-2009, 10:12 PM
He may not be a neocon but it does disturb me that he called for universal service. He had me up to that point. I support his call for a march on Washington and I will take part but man I wish someone would tell him that calling for universal service is NOT in line with the wishes of our founding fathers.

I know what you are saying guys, but Everify is for Illegal immigrants.

I believe at some point Mr. Basso could be made to see that this and the universal service idea are not American liberty principles.

On the whole, he is not political, but is fed up that Congress is ignoring the people and that the people are letting them steal our country.

We need to make a few allowances in this until such time as he can be convinced otherwise on a few matters, do you not agree?

For the most part he is on our side; he is for liberty. He just needs some more knowledge, for example, maybe the Austrian theory and the Constitution. :D

Good night.
:)

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-27-2009, 10:39 PM
I know what you are saying guys, but Everify is for Illegal immigrants.

I believe at some point Mr. Basso could be made to see that this and the universal service idea are not American liberty principles.

On the whole, he is not political, but is fed up that Congress is ignoring the people and that the people are letting them steal our country.

We need to make a few allowances in this until such time as he can be convinced otherwise on a few matters, do you not agree?

For the most part he is on our side; he is for liberty. He just needs some more knowledge, for example, maybe the Austrian theory and the Constitution. :D

Good night.
:)

Oh I am not shutting a door on him by any means. I believe we all deserve a chance at liberty and I truly appreciate his efforts. His videos are extremely well done and he is obviously educated and dedicated and that is EXACTLY what we need. I would welcome with open arms and hopefully he would do the same even though I would whole heartedly disagree about his stance on universal service. Perhaps we can get him to see the light!

He Who Pawns
03-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Well when I heard that he dissed atheists, I knew we had a problem.

Carole
03-28-2009, 06:53 AM
Exactly Vindice. I so agree. :D:D

Carole
03-28-2009, 06:54 AM
Well when I heard that he dissed atheists, I knew we had a problem.

I must have missed that, but still again, he just needs to learn and understand that the Constitution guarantees religious freedom in whatever form it may take. :)

Cowlesy
03-28-2009, 07:02 AM
It sounds like his heart is in the right place, he just needs some more information about individual choice, and not this universal service stuff.