PDA

View Full Version : Awesome page of Ron Paul quotes!!

zumajoe
09-17-2007, 04:06 PM
I just stumbled across this, i'm not sure if this has been made popular yet or not....

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ron_Paul

i really liked this one:

It is said we go about the world waging war to promote peace, and yet the price paid is rarely weighed against the failed efforts to make the world a better place. Justifying conscription to promote the cause of liberty is one of the most bizarre notions ever conceived by man! Forced servitude, with the risk of death and serious injury as a price to live free, makes no sense. What right does anyone have to sacrifice the lives of others for some cause of questionable value? Even if well motivated it can’t justify using force on uninterested persons. It’s said that the 18 year old owes it to his country. Hogwash! It just as easily could be argued that a 50 year-old chickenhawk, who promotes war and places the danger on innocent young people, owes a heck of a lot more to the country than the 18 year-old being denied his liberty for a cause that has no justification.

Lord Xar
09-17-2007, 04:56 PM
"Good morning, Mr. Greenspan. I understand that you did not take my friendly advice last fall. I thought maybe you should look for other employment, but I see you have kept your job."

Did he really say that??? Ron Paul, that is??? What was the outcome of this??

hahahah