PDA

View Full Version : Might a New Global Currency be Good for the USA?

He Who Pawns
03-27-2009, 02:58 PM
We all know that the dollar is headed for the biggest crash since the Hindenburg. So actually, wouldn't we be making out like bandits if the world gave us a 1-to-1 exchange (at current levels) on some new global currency backed by a basket of currencies?

If this new currency did come into effect, wouldn't this prevent the massive and continuing expansion of the US Federal Government, as well as the warmongering? They could no longer print the trillions needed to expand their government powers and grab our freedom.

Schiff was saying something like this on Wednesday night. He doesn't really have a problem with the end of the dollar, although he thinks the obvious place we will end up, eventually, is back tied to gold.

Any thoughts on the possible positive ramifications of a global reserve currency? Maybe gold could be used an alternative without the heavy hand of the US government thugs trying to block competing gold currencies?

FrankRep
03-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Congresswoman Bachmann introduces bill to ban a Global Currency

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=185811

Kludge
03-27-2009, 02:59 PM
The US decides what currency the US wants to use.

Any corporation or independent investor who declares otherwise and acts to "intentionally erode the value of the USD" will have his/her assets seized for the Common Good.

LiveToWin
03-27-2009, 03:03 PM
We could not get a 1:1 exchange, there are too many dollars.

I dont have a problem with a world currency, infact I dont even care about the idea of a world government. I think they will be very good one day. BUT Not Now. The world isnt ready for a world governemt. If one came to power now it would be a tyranny.

UtahApocalypse
03-27-2009, 03:09 PM
NO... wait wrong answer.....

HELL NO!!!

He Who Pawns
03-27-2009, 03:12 PM
We could not get a 1:1 exchange, there are too many dollars.

Well actually, I bet the Chinese and others WOULD back a 1:1 exchange, if it meant permanently ditching the dollar as the global reserve.

We are in a strong position... NOW. Two years from now, we might be wishing for that 1:1 exchange if the dollar collapses the way Dr Paul and Schiff think it will.

Do you wonder why Schiff actually doesn't seem to have a problem with a new reserve currency? Ask yourself that.

FrankRep
03-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Do you wonder why Schiff actually doesn't seem to have a problem with a new reserve currency? Ask yourself that.
Can you show us an article showing where he wants a world currency?

LiveToWin
03-27-2009, 03:19 PM

LOL, as I was reading your question the song "Dragostea din tei" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJJ-ukGwNQM) started playing as the next song on my playlist. I saw Schiff in your avatar and it looked like he was singing the song :D

So im going to go with, he doesnt have a problem with a new reserve currency because he is too busy singing in your avatar Lol

He Who Pawns
03-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Can you show us an article showing where he wants a world currency?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmCD-2Lb_aA

Around the 5-minute mark.

He says the new global reserve currency "would probably be better" than the dollar, but of course he would prefer gold.

Kludge
03-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Do you wonder why Schiff actually doesn't seem to have a problem with a new reserve currency?

Not since I figured out that he has ties to the Masons.

FrankRep
03-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Okay let me put together a video and post it on youtube. It'll take a little time. He said it on his latest radio show, and maybe in his latest vblog. Let me look into it.
Remember though, we are against a world currency if it's regulated by a central bank. If GOLD, as a commodity, is the world currency, we would support it.

Gold = Good
Central Banks = Bad

FrankRep
03-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Not since I figured out that he has ties to the Masons.
The founding fathers of America were mostly Masons.

Stary Hickory
03-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Peter Schiff is talking about replacing the dollar as the world's reserve currency with a basket of currencies.

This of course will destroy the dollar.

He Who Pawns
03-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Remember though, we are against a world currency if it's regulated by a central bank. If GOLD, as a commodity, is the world currency, we would support it.

Gold = Good
Central Banks = Bad

Well what they are talking about is a currency backed by a "basket" of the world's top currencies, like the Dollar, Swiss Franc, Yen, RMB, etc.

He Who Pawns
03-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Peter Schiff is talking about replacing the dollar as the world's reserve currency with a basket of currencies.

This of course will destroy the dollar.

Well the dollar will be destroyed sooner or later. Why not get out of it now, while we can? Dr Paul, Schiff, every Austrian in the world knows the Dollar is toast.

FrankRep
03-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Well what they are talking about is a currency backed by a "basket" of the world's top currencies, like the Dollar, Swiss Franc, Yen, RMB, etc.
Therefore, I'm against the IMF's Global Currency. I'm against any Fiat currency system.

FrankRep
03-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Well the dollar will be destroyed sooner or later. Why not get out of it now, while we can? Dr Paul, Schiff, every Austrian in the world knows the Dollar is toast.
Lets make Gold backed dollars the new currency.

Stary Hickory
03-27-2009, 03:37 PM

I know, however I want States to start to plan their own currencies backed by gold. Every state needs a plan in place to quickly get a new currency to the populace once the currency dies. This way order will be restored quickly and the FED will lose all of it's power.

All states need alternate currency plans ready, so that a dollar collapse can be overcome quickly. States need to protect their citizens. And maybe we can undermine and destroy the FED.

He Who Pawns
03-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Lets make Gold backed dollars the new currency.

Sure that's what we would all like. But it doesn't seem to be happening.

Deborah K
03-27-2009, 04:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmCD-2Lb_aA

Around the 5-minute mark.

He says the new global reserve currency "would probably be better" than the dollar, but of course he would prefer gold.

A reserve currency isn't the same thing as a world currency, in the sense that all nations do away with their current currencies and all nations except only ONE currency.

mediahasyou
03-27-2009, 04:04 PM
The US decides what currency the US wants to use.

Any corporation or independent investor who declares otherwise and acts to "intentionally erode the value of the USD" will have his/her assets seized for the Common Good.

*The US government decides what currency the US wants to use.

He Who Pawns
03-27-2009, 04:04 PM
A reserve currency isn't the same thing as a world currency, in the sense that all nations do away with their current currencies and all nations except only ONE currency.

Correct. But what is being discussed by everyone is a global reserve currency. No one is talking about a single world currency.

BTW, another thing to consider is the restraining effect this would have on the US government. Obama's federal expansion plans would come to an IMMEDIATE HALT if this happened. That's why I think Schiff is backing it.

Deborah K
03-27-2009, 04:05 PM
I know, however I want States to start to plan their own currencies backed by gold. Every state needs a plan in place to quickly get a new currency to the populace once the currency dies. This way order will be restored quickly and the FED will lose all of it's power.

All states need alternate currency plans ready, so that a dollar collapse can be overcome quickly. States need to protect their citizens. And maybe we can undermine and destroy the FED.

I like this idea. The state currencies can be backed by gold/silver and other commodities as well as infrastructure. That way state banks can still make hard-backed loans and won't be so limited if the currency was only gold backed.

Deborah K
03-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Correct. But what is being discussed by everyone is a global reserve currency. No one is talking about a single world currency.

BTW, another thing to consider is the restraining effect this would have on the US government. Obama's federal expansion plans would come to an IMMEDIATE HALT if this happened. That's why I think Schiff is backing it.

Oh okay. Title doesn't say 'reserve' in it. A bit misleading.

Xenophage
03-27-2009, 04:09 PM
I would prefer it, personally, if anybody anywhere was able to choose whatever they wanted to for currency. The only good currencies, and the only ones people would ultimately flock to, would be backed up by tangible assets like gold. Interchangeability shouldn't be a problem, either. I imagine MasterCard and Visa et. al. could help out with that.

Competition in money would be a grand thing.