PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Military Opposed Galileo After 9/11 Attacks!

Galileo Galilei
03-27-2009, 02:02 PM
U.S. Military Opposed Galileo After 9/11 Attacks!

"Galileo is a global navigation satellite system (GNSS) currently being built by the European Union (EU) and European Space Agency (ESA). The €3.4 billion project is an alternative and complementary to the U.S. Global Positioning System (GPS) and the Russian GLONASS."

"Galileo is intended to provide more precise measurements than available through GPS or GLONASS (Galileo will be accurate down to the metre range) including the height (altitude) above sea level, and a better positioning services at high latitudes. The political aim is to provide an independent positioning system upon which European nations can rely on even in times of war or political disagreement, since Russia or the USA could disable use of their national systems by others (through encryption)."

Like with GPS, use of basic (open) Galileo services will also be free for everyone.

Named for the Italian astronomer Galileo Galilei, the positioning system is officially referred to as just "Galileo".

"The system is intended primarily for civilian use, unlike the United States system, which the U.S. military runs and uses on a primary basis. The U.S. reserves the right to limit the signal strength or accuracy of the GPS systems, or to shut down public GPS access completely."

"Following the September 11, 2001 attacks, the United States Government wrote to the European Union opposing the project, arguing that it would end the ability of the United States to shut down GPS in times of military operations. On 17 January 2002 a spokesman for the project somberly stated that, as a result of U.S. pressure and economic difficulties, "Galileo is almost dead."

Europe and US clash on satellite system
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2003/dec/08/world.internationaleducationnews

A few months later, however, the situation changed dramatically. Partially in reaction to the pressure exerted by the U.S. Government, European Union member states decided it was important to have their own independent satellite-based positioning and timing infrastructure."

Political implications of Galileo project

Tension with the United States

"Galileo is going to be a civilian system that allows anybody to use it. GPS is a US military system that was designed to provide location signals of the greatest possible accuracy to US military users."

"The US has had the capability to block the "civilian" signals while still being able to use the "military" signal (M-band). There also was (and technically as of early 2008 still exists) the possibility to degrade the "civilian" signals by introducing errors to make them less accurate and thus significantly less useful to non-US military users, a process called selective availability."

"The frequency initially chosen for Galileo would have made it impossible for the US to block the (accurate) Galileo signals without also interfering with their accurate "military" GPS signals."

"This is what led to some US officials to go as far as threatening to potentially shoot down Galileo satellites in the event of a conflict."

"For a time, EU officials were considerably unsympathetic towards the US' desire to maintain their ability to use accurate GNSS for military purposes while denying non-US forces access to equally accurate GNSS. However, this EU-US standoff was eventually resolved by the EU agreeing to make Galileo use a different frequency, and the US would be able to locally interfere with/block the Galileo signals at the new frequency without interfering with their "military" GPS signals. In theory however, the "military" GPS signals could also be interfered with/blocked by a suitably equipped adversary, but interfering with either Galileo's signals at the new frequency or "military" GPS signals doesn't automatically block the other."

"A reason given for Galileo as an independent system was that, though GPS is now widely used worldwide for civilian applications, it is a military system which as recently as 2000 had Selective Availability (SA) that could be enabled in particular areas of coverage during times of war, and therefore Galileo's proponents argue that civil infrastructure, including aeroplane navigation and landing, should not rely solely upon GPS."

Final system description

The Open Service (OS) will be free for anyone to access.

Galileo (satellite navigation)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_positioning_system

Sincerely,

Galileo Galilei
Libertarian
9/11 Truth Activist
Defender of Galileo, Ron Paul and James Madison

Galileo's Comment:

The European Union is taking an important step to protect themselves from aggression by the United States military. 9/11-style false-flag airplane and/or missile attacks would be impossible under the watchful eye of a civilian Galileo.

In 1633, the Catholic Church opposed Galileo, which eventually resulted in the Catholic Church losing almost all of its temporal power.

We can only hope that similar opposition to Galileo in the 21st century will result is a loss of the U.S. military's temporal power.

Unlike the Catholic Church, which has retained significant moral authority in the absence of temporal power, the U.S. military has already lost all of its moral authority a long time ago.

Galileo (satellite navigation)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_positioning_system

Galileo Galilei
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei

PS

A Libertarian has objected to the Galileo Navigation System:

No where to go and no where to hide
by Global Gulag
http://batr.org/gulag/020204.html

I must confess that when I first heard that Galileo's name was being invoked for a world-wide satellite system that smacked of Big Brother, I reacted with dread.

But upon further reflection of Libertarian principles, I discovered my initial reaction to be in error. Global Gulag has misunderstood some facts.

Most importantly, A world-wide satellite system already exists. It is better that this system be under civilian rather than military control. The civilian Galileo system will act as a check on the power of the military.

Also, the people of Europe have a much greater awareness of U.S. military aggression and mostly understand that 9/11 was either an inside job, or at least a military deception.

Hence, the people of Europe are unlikely to cede the power of Galileo to military forces.

Global Gulag has forgotten the Libertarian principles of separation of powers with checks & balances, Federalist # 10, and the concept of a Madisonian Constitution, as generalized to international power relationships.

The Madisonian Constitution
http://www.bsos.umd.edu/gvpt/lpbr/subpages/reviews/thomas0109.htm

The Federalist No. 10
The Utility of the Union as a Safeguard Against Domestic Faction and Insurrection
by James Madison
http://www.constitution.org/fed/federa10.htm

Despite Global Gulag's opposition to Galileo, he actually seems to abmit that he is aware of the power realtionship prrinciples I am talking about when he says:

"No wonder that the Europeans are not willing to roll over to the hyperpower of the U.S. empire."

James Madison
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Madison

Political Implications of Galileo Project; Obama's War Plans
http://www.truthjihad.blogspot.com/

He Who Pawns
03-27-2009, 02:13 PM
What's the issue here??

Of course the US wanted to maintain a system they could shut off for others in a time of war... it's to the US's advantage to have the only working PS system. Duh.

Kraig
03-27-2009, 02:15 PM
What's the issue here??

Of course the US wanted to maintain a system they could shut off for others in a time of war... it's to the US's advantage to have the only working PS system. Duh.

Your name combined with that Schiff pic is pretty epic, it makes me laugh a little everytime I see it!

Galileo Galilei
03-27-2009, 02:31 PM
What's the issue here??

There are several issues:

* Most people around the world are aware that the greatest threat to liberty is U.S. military agression. Galileo is one important roadblock to U.S. military agression.

* The U.S. military will not be able to carry out any more 9/11-style false flag terror attacks if Galileo is operational.

* The U.S. military under Obama is moving towards it next act of military agression in central Asia, utilizing false-flag terror tactic and the 14 billion dollar military bases just built in Afghanistan. There is a danger that this agression could trigger WWIII.

* The U.S. military near-monopoly on space technology is nearing an end.

* One important principle of the U.S. Constitution is the concept of a civilian commander-in-chief; the president. This check on military power has essentially broken down, as all of our presidents after JFK have abdicated their civilian control of the military.

He Who Pawns
03-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Your name combined with that Schiff pic is pretty epic, it makes me laugh a little everytime I see it!

Lol I thought that pic of Schiff almost looked like a Muppet head or something, it cracks me up too.

Kraig
03-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Lol I thought that pic of Schiff almost looked like a Muppet head or something, it cracks me up too.

Like kermit the frog is about to open his mouth and pwn you on the reality of the economic crisis! hahahaha

He Who Pawns
03-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Like kermit the frog is about to open his mouth and pwn you on the reality of the economic crisis! hahahaha

LMFAO! Glad i'm not the only one who finds Schiff so humorous.

Reason
03-27-2009, 04:40 PM
* The U.S. military will not be able to carry out any more 9/11-style false flag terror attacks if Galileo is operational.

9-11 was not a gulf of tonkin FFS

so dumb

Galileo Galilei
03-27-2009, 05:03 PM
9-11 was not a gulf of tonkin FFS

so dumb

From the original post:

"9/11-style false-flag airplane and/or missile attacks would be impossible under the watchful eye of a civilian Galileo."

The gulf of Tonkin was not predicated on airplanes or missiles that could be easily tracked by Galileo. The military could still tell 9/11-style or gulf of Tonkin-style lies.

It is possible that Galileo could even affect or prevent events like the gulf of Tonkin, as air force pilots above the gulf of Tonkin have testifed that there was no assault.

If congress had information on the location of these planes (witnesses) it would be harder for the military to tell lies.

ihsv
03-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Ummmm... do you just sit around all day and google "Galileo"? What's with the obsession?

He Who Pawns
03-27-2009, 06:24 PM
LOL. This is the biggest non issue ever. This guy is accusing the US of acting out of its own national interest -- shocking!