PDA

View Full Version : Congressional District 5

Johnybama
03-27-2009, 10:08 AM
(D) John Lewis runs un-opposed just about every cycle and I'm sick of it. Since the establishment doesn't field anyone, I wonder if a liberty-minded Republican could easily win the party nomination and even if the cards were stacked against him/her, could help further the liberty message in the ATL area.

I'm interested in doing this but I've never ran for public office. I've read up on alot of things but still have some questions.

If I pay the money to qualify, does that automatically put me on the ticket during the Republican Primaries?

Would there be enough liberty minded people in the ATL area that would be willing to help with a campaign, even though it would purely be volunteer and knowing the odds of winning are so unlikely that if a victory did occur it would surely be made into a made for television movie?

I just think it sucks when there are 2 non-liberty people to choose from, let alone just 1. If the establishment doesn't run someone, why don't we?

Leave your thoughts/reply in this thread. I have to make a decision on whether to pay the $5-6K to qualify (I believe) by the fourth Monday in April.